PDA

View Full Version : Sharing gold to neighbors fairly

333paddington
08-06-12, 05:16 PM
I find that a lot of people are requesting "gold buddies".

I have kept a max nbr list of 20 players, so that I can gift gold around each of them evenly and fairly.

I have been doing this since it started but the whole time have only received one gold in return.

I don't think it's fair to have a large number of nbrs but not to share the gold around them all.

If someone would like to play like me with my fair and equal gold distribution, please let me know. I will be deleting my "gold buddy" nbrs to make room for fair distribution nbrs if anyone is interested.

joeyc0417
08-06-12, 05:22 PM
I have been sending back :) This morning you sent me some so I sent some back. I'm Joey's Island. ;)

333paddington
08-06-12, 05:27 PM
Thanks Joey, you must be my one gold

jayfirefly
08-06-12, 05:32 PM
Whats the cap for gold giving? Quite small, right?

Kijame
08-06-12, 05:34 PM
I'd assume the cap of sending is 3 per day, as with the other gold/gem games.

333paddington
08-06-12, 05:40 PM
Yes, three per day.

hopesdragons
08-06-12, 05:43 PM
The problem is, you can only send 3 gold per day. Personally, I think you should have more neighbors and that way you're not worrying about only getting one. I like having more people play with my monsters, the gold is just a bonus.

joeyc0417
08-06-12, 05:45 PM
Thanks Joey, you must be my one gold

:) I keep my promises ;)

jayfirefly
08-06-12, 05:45 PM
That's too low of a cap for reals.

jayfirefly
08-06-12, 05:46 PM
It's not like bakery where you can earn gold either... Blah. It's a great game though don't get me wrong.

hopesdragons
08-06-12, 05:55 PM
Another benefit to having more friends is you gain experience points when you visit their islands, making it easier to level up quicker. I try to visit all of my neighbors each day. I might not be able to give them all good, but at least I can play with their dragons/monsters and they get some extra coins and usually come by and play with mine.

anketam
08-06-12, 07:00 PM
yea... I am having the same issue, everyone wants me to be their neighbor, but I have no clue who to give the gold to. I need to make a gold giving alliance with some players. What also does not make sense is that when you choose to give a gift it will bring up the list of all your neighbors and you can check all of them (despite not being able to give to all of them gold).

shakiba
08-06-12, 07:05 PM
Well, for now I'm sticking with my gold buddies. Ik, it seems a little unfair, but hey, 3 gold per day is unfair too so what can I do?

333paddington
08-06-12, 08:10 PM
Well, I am really against having gold buddies so if I can't find some fair people out there besides you, Joey, then I shall not gift my gold at all.

Kijame
08-06-12, 08:18 PM
yea... I am having the same issue, everyone wants me to be their neighbor, but I have no clue who to give the gold to. I need to make a gold giving alliance with some players. What also does not make sense is that when you choose to give a gift it will bring up the list of all your neighbors and you can check all of them (despite not being able to give to all of them gold).

If you check all of them, it'll randomly pick 3 of the people on your list to receive the gold. Some people might consider this 'fair' since the computer decides who gets it, so they don't have to feel bad over whom they didn't pick.

joeyc0417
08-06-12, 08:44 PM
Well, I am really against having gold buddies so if I can't find some fair people out there besides you, Joey, then I shall not gift my gold at all.

:) But just know I can't gift u EVERY DAY cause I have other nbrs that send me gold and they expect it back, so if you keep gifting and appear on my list alot, I'll gift you and 2 others ;)

farrels
08-07-12, 06:38 AM
my islands name is eric and we are already neighbors.Do you want to be gold gifting buddies?P.S you sent me some gold today and I sent some back.

floramina
08-10-12, 01:31 AM
i gift gold back in order received. I hate the fact we can only gift 3 a day. It is laborious keeping a ledger of who i received from and gifted bk.

I recognise only paddingtons name in this thread here. Hi there paddy, the 18th, 21st and 25th gold i can gift out are coming your way, so pls bear with me :)

saintlover
08-10-12, 03:34 PM
I dont have any neighbors at all so I get zero gold ... three would be alot more than im getting now.

cast1532
08-10-12, 04:00 PM
If you check all of them, it'll randomly pick 3 of the people on your list to receive the gold. Some people might consider this 'fair' since the computer decides who gets it, so they don't have to feel bad over whom they didn't pick.

This is what I do. Since I heard this was happening in Dragon Story I hoping it was the same in Monster Story. When I wake up in the morning I always gift the first people who sends me gold and the last two I click everyone. So, it's not up to me. I have 66 neighbors and it's not bad.

Lee_7
08-13-12, 12:41 AM
I feel bad that I can't return the gifts that are sent to me. How do pick THREE people? Lol. I understand that TL's main objective is to make money so beeing able to send more than 3 gold a day takes away from their 'money making' (people buying gold) but at LEAST allow us to send other gifts if that's the case. Like 'power ups' or something (use to half the amount of time it takes to breed, build or chop down trees)

Lee_7
08-13-12, 12:43 AM
Excuse the typos there. Lol. This forum needs a post edit button!

lin77
08-13-12, 02:46 PM
I am not liking this "gifting" system at all.....it is really unfair! I only have 2 nbrs and I sent gold to both of them....I got none back! I just started I'm on level 7......and I would LOVE gold! But I guess not! :( I don't know how TL can make it so difficult....well I do know why they do it this way...they want players to buy gold.....:rolleyes:

If anyone who wants to add me...PLZ know I will gift 3 nbrs one day...the other 3 the next day...and so forth....if u are ok with this PLZ add me. As of right now I don't even have 3 nbrs...... :(

My plan is to get 21 good, reliable, daily players as nbrs then they each will get gold from me once a week!

I have no idea if this is a good plan or not...I just wanna be fair!

lin77
08-13-12, 02:47 PM
I am not liking this "gifting" system at all.....it is really unfair! I only have 2 nbrs and I sent gold to both of them....I got none back! I just started I'm on level 7......and I would LOVE gold! But I guess not! :( I don't know how TL can make it so difficult....well I do know why they do it this way...they want players to buy gold.....:rolleyes:

If anyone who wants to add me...PLZ know I will gift 3 nbrs one day...the other 3 the next day...and so forth....if u are ok with this PLZ add me. As of right now I don't even have 3 nbrs...... :(

My plan is to get 21 good, reliable, daily players as nbrs then they each will get gold from me once a week!

I have no idea if this is a good plan or not...I just wanna be fair!

Oops...this post is supposed to be for DS.......sorry! I'm on a Kindle Fire so I don't have Monster Story.

riitzc
08-13-12, 03:27 PM
I usually gift who gifts me more than once and stick to that order. If I notice that they stop gifting, I'll gift to someone else. They really should add in gifting food. Even if it were a low amount like 10 or 25...it'd make my game better.

materq
08-15-12, 05:16 PM
Ill gift gold with people as will my wife. our id's are materq and beccafarmer

lilkeeks
08-16-12, 01:29 AM
I don't like this gifting system at all either...I can understand the 3 gold/day maximum; however, we should be allowed to send gold to all of our neighbors unless they have maxed out for that day (just like in the other stories)

I want to be able to reach my maximum gold daily but it seems as if I have not been so lucky and am only receiving 1 gold/day even though I send my share to neighbors.

anketam
08-16-12, 03:52 AM
I have a theory why that is. I am betting that the maps count as receiving gifts, so if they cap the number of gold you receive per day to 3, then they would have to go back and change some base code to have two separate receive counters (kind of risky for a code update), otherwise you would only be able to get 3 items a day (maps + gold), and I am already at the point where I need to receive 32 maps for a single expansion.

lilkeeks
08-16-12, 08:14 AM
I have a theory why that is. I am betting that the maps count as receiving gifts, so if they cap the number of gold you receive per day to 3, then they would have to go back and change some base code to have two separate receive counters (kind of risky for a code update), otherwise you would only be able to get 3 items a day (maps + gold), and I am already at the point where I need to receive 32 maps for a single expansion.

That's something else which I dislike....you need maps to expand. You pay money to expand, then on top of that, you have to shell out more money to clear the land. That's ridiculous in my opinion.

northsweets
08-16-12, 10:58 AM

You are allowed to receive 20 gold a day and 20 maps a day

anketam
08-16-12, 02:22 PM
You are allowed to receive 20 gold a day and 20 maps a dayWell in that case, if it already has two receiving caps, it would not be too hard to lower the receiving cap and raise the sending cap. As far as the maps are concerned, on my first day of asking for maps I got 23 maps, so I think the map cap is higher unless they lowered since then. Assuming the cap is only 20 that would be insanely low. The map requirements for expansion have been exponential so far, and a limit that low would cause it to take forever to get enough maps to do expansion.

goodsnyummies
08-16-12, 03:19 PM
I can agree, the gold max sucks...I think I could get more into this game if the stuff you buy for the gold was cheaper...like I mean 250 gold bars for a second nest? Crazy

08-16-12, 03:19 PM
To keep things fair in dragon and monster story, I send gold back to the first three people that send me gold each day so it makes people want to try to be one of the first three people to send me gold

anketam
08-16-12, 03:32 PM
A second nest is overrated unless you can get a second breeding nest.

sweetstuff525
08-16-12, 03:41 PM
To keep things fair in dragon and monster story, I send gold back to the first three people that send me gold each day so it makes people want to try to be one of the first three people to send me gold

You know not everyone is in the same time zone.. Still think that's unfair .... For example I'm not going to get up at 3 am to send gold lol

BorgKitten
08-16-12, 09:20 PM

I have kept a max nbr list of 20 players, so that I can gift gold around each of them evenly and fairly.

I have been doing this since it started but the whole time have only received one gold in return.

I don't think it's fair to have a large number of nbrs but not to share the gold around them all.

If someone would like to play like me with my fair and equal gold distribution, please let me know. I will be deleting my "gold buddy" nbrs to make room for fair distribution nbrs if anyone is interested.

Hey NBR, it's me Cupcake Heaven AKA Mystic Monster, I know LOL all of these names must be confusing. I have exactly 47 NBRs & want to make sure that is all I have for this game as of now since I have 61 in Bakery Story. I actually joined the bandwagon & asked for Gold NBRs when this game started due to hardly receiving gold when I played Dragon Story. One of my Gold NBRs left to fairly distribute gold which I understand so now guess what? I only get 2 gold a day XD I do try to be fair and distribute gold back to NBRs that have sent me gold with that extra piece. Sorry if this upsets you, I do understand, it's a bit unfair but I feel that the only way to be assured my 3g a day I had to get Gold NBRs. If you want to take me off of your list in this game I won't be upset, we still will be NBRs in Bakery Story :)

BorgKitten
08-16-12, 09:27 PM

I think it's a bit unfair to have to pick & choose which NBRs can have gold that day, I wish I could just earn my own gold by lvling up my monsters or something, sort of like lvling food in Bakery Story.

08-17-12, 06:28 PM
You know not everyone is in the same time zone.. Still think that's unfair .... For example I'm not going to get up at 3 am to send gold lol

This is true but I most of the time don't receive gold until 5pm and I live in NY so it so far has worked for me and it keeps people sending me gold.

monzeygurl
08-19-12, 02:52 PM
Looking to make "gold buddies" for a gold giving alliance.

brittanafan
08-19-12, 03:07 PM
Looking to make "gold buddies" for a gold giving alliance.

I'll be your gold buddy :D I've got like 40 neighbors right now and haven't received any gold at all from them despite having sent 3 out yesterday and 3 out today (only had the game 2 days)

If you're interested, add me, my ID is 'brittanafan'