PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to reach the 10th island!

sparks229
08-06-12, 07:45 AM
Right now, I have 5 "goals" that tell me to download something or play something. I do NOT want to reach island ten, I do NOT want to install PSS, I do NOT want to install FS, and I do NOT want to play world war. And don't say wait for it to disappear because it doesn't. It has a time limit of around 20 days at the beginning and when it dwindles down to 13/14 days, it restarts at 20. Anyone else?

kooky panda
08-06-12, 07:51 AM
I downloaded all of mine,but I thought that once the timer went out, the goal disappeared. Does anyone else have this? Where the timer went out , but the goal came back?

queentina3
08-06-12, 08:04 AM
For the ones I had received, I played them to get the next goal for gems, so I don't know if it would've left or not. Sorry Sparks. :(

shakiba
08-06-12, 08:04 AM
I downloaded all of mine,but I thought that once the timer went out, the goal disappeared. Does anyone else have this? Where the timer went out , but the goal came back?

Yup, me. I realized this few days ago. I knew the goals were going to expire soon, however now I see they're came right back.

Vera545
08-06-12, 10:16 AM
Buy an Android device....:-):-):-), we have no advertising :-):-):-) and I am very happy about that.
I miss normal goals, but can perfectly do without them.

lotusthreads
08-06-12, 03:58 PM
No they come right back. I do not want to download any other tl games until they fix the problems with the games I already have. It is extremely annoying that the goals won't go away, and I continually get popups for them :(

sparks229
08-06-12, 04:29 PM

The goal keeps coming back. It's been happening since the bubble mania goals. I think it was around mid-June maybe.

I understand that I can just ignore it but it's annoying especially if it says it should expire in that time but doesn't.

Sylian
08-20-12, 02:18 AM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one this is showing up for but annoyed that it's there. Mine has been at 20 days for about 60 days. It just won't go away and constantly pops up. I hate bubble mania, especially when you win and it goes "not high enough of a score," trying to force you to buy things. Unlike the other games/downloads where you can just play for a few days, get the rewards, and get rid of the annoying pop up goal, this one WILL NOT GO AWAY. I've be*** playing less and less, just too annoyed by this ad. GET RID OF IT. NOBODY LIKES IT.

chocohk
08-20-12, 08:02 PM
i hate that bubble game!!!!! n even you install n play and reach goals no gems rewarded!

adelinutza
08-22-12, 06:14 AM
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but there's just one point of view in this thread, so don't want teamlava to get the wrong idea. I personally love all these goals where we are asked to download a new game to receive free gems! I love them, please don't take them away! And honestly, what is the big deal, it bothers peripheral vision? Just try it, it's so easy to reach the low levels they are requesting! Plus you might find some new games you really enjoy! I mean, who would have guessed that a middle age mom would get addicted to world war? And yet I am, best game after bakery story, and I found that following a goal (would have never guessed how nice it is from the app catalog description)

flytothestars
08-22-12, 12:45 PM
The "download game" goals are getting just a tad bit annoying. I suggest giving us a choice. YES or NO. People who love those goals can do em and those of us who have decided can avoid the daily popups and goals lingering on the screen. :) Good idea, no?

lilacpear
08-22-12, 11:34 PM
I like the goals (mainly because of the 6 gems awarded once completed) but I also would like to have the option to get rid of goals I no longer or simply do not wish to complete.

I also would really like it if these goals actually expire when they are supposed to expire, instead of "resetting" for another 20 days. I must have stared at that stupid Dragon Story goal for weeks!

-lp

hidinout
08-23-12, 11:07 AM
Yes the Bubble Mania goal keeps resetting for me too. It's been there for months. It will go down in number of days to expiration for awhile, then reset back to 20 days.

hidinout
08-23-12, 11:08 AM
Oh, it resets in all my games too, not just Bakery.

patriciabudville
08-23-12, 11:38 AM
World War is pretty awesome^

Also fast to level and get your gems haha xD

PloyM
08-23-12, 11:41 AM
City story seem to level up fast for me! But I got to finish this bubble mania goal and monster story goal.

cakeandpie
08-23-12, 11:50 AM
My Bubble Mania goal of "reach the the tenth island" also never goes away-the timer keeps going back up. In general I love these offers because I've gotten a bunch of free gems from them, and I don't mind playing another game for a short while to get a few more gems. But it IS annoying that they never go away (well, my world war one did, thank goodness, because it was ugly). Reaching the tenth island in bubble mania will take TONS of time and I don't want to do it, so I wish it would go away when it said.

totaltechno
08-23-12, 08:06 PM
Please, yes. Stop shoving City Story Metro at me.

Sylian
08-24-12, 01:23 AM
It's fine if somebody likes them. What annoys people isn't the goals or trying new games. It's when they don't like a game but the goal never goes away. When it says 27 days and then goes to 21, then back to 27, staying there for months and months and months, flashing on the screen, the little "new goal" banner always coming up when it's not new. It just won't go away. It's not the goal we hate; it's the fact that it won't ever expire like it's supposed to.

08-30-12, 04:47 PM
It was fun at first but now it's so **** hard. Waiting for the stupid goal to expire so I can complete the small task and get my gems.

08-30-12, 04:50 PM
It was fun at first but now it's so dang hard. Waiting for the stupid goal to expire so I can complete the small task and get my gems. I heard that the goal afterwards is to Buy A Decoration. I believe that might probably open up a bunch of goals.

kieranyeow
09-07-12, 08:02 PM
Can't Reach Tenth Island!
Too Hard!!!

09-19-12, 03:19 AM
Mine has 36 days. I feel like a total moron now because the stupid Bubble Mania goal won't go away.

Kathy6464
09-19-12, 11:34 AM
I play on a Kindle Fire and I don't have any goals for the three stories that I play. Gee, it would be nice to experience what some of you are complaining about. The goals sound kinda fun sometimes, and if it adds positively to the game playing, I'd be all for it.

I don't think Kindle Fire will ever get goals. *sigh*

shalla666
09-19-12, 11:39 AM
They gave Droid goals, but I haven't seen Tenth Island or a request to install another game from BS, RS, or FS.

cast1532
09-19-12, 11:42 AM
Just when I thought I had gotten rid of Bubble Mania and City Story Metro goals I get an extra 30 days to reach Island 10 and whatever level in CSM. I don't like these games and I don't want to play them. TL can offer 100 gems and I still wouldn't play it.

hidinout
09-19-12, 05:45 PM
Apple terms of service don't allow game developers to offer rewards directly for installing other applications. So iOS users get these install goals, which when completed open up a new goal which rewards the user with gems upon its completion. If you're on an Android device you can get rewards directly for installing other applications.

26peanut
09-19-12, 05:45 PM
Yup, me. I realized this few days ago. I knew the goals were going to expire soon, however now I see they're came right back.

Same. It just keeps restarting its SO annoying. I don't want 2 do them

melby29
09-19-12, 07:38 PM
Apple terms of service don't allow game developers to offer rewards directly for installing other applications. So iOS users get these install goals, which when completed open up a new goal which rewards the user with gems upon its completion. If you're on an Android device you can get rewards directly for installing other applications.

I know for a fact that there are iOS apps where you get in-app rewards for downloading other apps. The apps openly encourage you to download the apps to "earn 5 whatevers". I could tell you about 50 apps where this is the case, but I understand that under the forum rules I am not allowed to.

meggieprice
09-20-12, 07:48 AM
I tried bubble but it's not something I am good at alas. S I too wish the goal would disappear, or at. East let me get rewarded for trying it. I can't complain about the app goals in general because that is how I found BS and I loved it.

kieranyeow
09-20-12, 09:22 AM
Yes.I Reached Tenth Island.
It's So Hard.
Reward : Crown Jewel : 3 Gems.

ladygaga1978
09-20-12, 08:55 PM
I started playing in June and I thought, wow these pop up ads are annoying but this game is great so I ignored them. Now they're just getting annoying, and to find out the pop up started happened when I started playing sucks. I can't imagine what my screen would look like without four or five ad buttons cluttering the screen...

ladygaga1978
09-20-12, 08:56 PM
Oh, and my says I will get no rewards from playing. I'm on island 8 on bubble mania (that's actually how I found Bakery Story), but there's no way I'll make it to 10... I won't even get the gems for it, it's a scam.

ladygaga1978
09-20-12, 08:57 PM
mine says*

09-22-12, 01:36 AM
TL doesn't advertise on Android Shalla that's why you don't see any promotion goals.

ritz131
09-22-12, 12:44 PM
Even I like all these goals and all the free gems BUT the bubble mania game is too hard and too boring for me and I have had that bubble mania goal FOREVER and it does get annoying at times. Wish they would take that one goal away.

totaltechno
09-22-12, 04:32 PM
When will this Bubble Mania goal go away.. we've gotten Dragon Story: New Dawn and Home Design Story ads, and I'm predicting we're going to get Castle Story/Treasure Story/Empire Story ads sooner or later.

10-06-12, 08:25 AM
The secondary Bubble Mania goal for Bubble Blitz Mania is going away perfectly fine so why isn't this one going away.

10-06-12, 08:28 AM
TL puts more time on this goal because they think we'll complete it. We don't want more time all we want is for the darn goal to go away.

quiannag
10-06-12, 11:03 AM
Yeah, the 10th Island Bubble Mania goal has been hanging around on BS and RS on my iPhone since the goal came out...so a couple of months now? It is a little bit annoying.

phdmama06
10-06-12, 04:28 PM
I gave up on the tenth island goal. It was too hard and trying to get it was getting boring. I uninstalled that game and am doing the home design one. Not loving that game either :-/

totaltechno
10-09-12, 02:33 AM
Why is the bubble mania goal still there? Lol we got BBM and it's still there.

caramel411
10-11-12, 04:02 PM
I made it to the tenth island without using any power ups.. Just keep repeating the level a couple of times after losing and the bubbles change around to make it winnable (without power ups)
Once you get there, you have to serve 2 recipes in RS to get 3 gems and some experience points. After that, there are no more bubble mania goals and you can officially uninstall without getting the annoying pop-up

3pointers
11-11-12, 10:04 PM

On iPad, I completed the first goal of reaching the 6th island on Bubble Mania. I then get new goal to reach island 10. However, it still shows REWARDS: ___________ (empty). So where's this extra goal rewarding gems?

jessenv1313
11-13-12, 05:50 PM

I know for a fact that there are iOS apps where you get in-app rewards for downloading other apps. The apps openly encourage you to download the apps to "earn 5 whatevers". I could tell you about 50 apps where this is the case, but I understand that under the forum rules I am not allowed to.

This has been my complaint & confusion too... TL says they can't offer us download rewards on I-Devices because of this "rule", yet as Melby says above, I too know hundreds & hundreds of apps that offer rewards for simply downloading & opening another app. One popular site in particular offers these rewards on hundreds of other apps... so if you play "game A", you go to this "site" and it gives you a list of apps to download, each with their own varying amount of currency reward, be it gems, bucks, carrots, diamonds, stars, whatever the premium currency is in that game. Some are charged apps, but many are free, you choose what to download, and it gives you that currency reward IN "game A"... and there are tons of apps that you can earn those rewards in, not just a couple. I know of a few hundred that allow you to earn premium currency just on that site alone... plus many others that do their own offers. This isn't a limited group that Apple hasn't 'caught on to' yet... there are far too many of them, so obviously it IS allowed, or at least ignored when apps do it.
So this "rule" TL uses as an excuse never makes any sense to me! I currently play 4 other game apps on my iphone that I earn 'free premium currency' from downloading other apps. And some are games that have been around a long time, others are new, and they all offer reward currency for free for downloads, while also selling this currency as well. So I think TL just doesn't WANT to give away more gems, because if all these others can do it, and have done it for a very long time, then TL/Storm8 could too.

lizzygee23
12-13-12, 07:45 PM

Mine don't come back. I wish they did. I'd love to have more time to complete them but when their gone their gone.

Stueeeee
12-14-12, 04:29 AM
I download one and then it tells me to buy any table and I get the reward. Then it come up *do this in the game* so I do and it and buy any chair/item/whatever and then it says *get further in the game* so I give up because I can't be bothered.

However I like the idea of free gems, but u should be able to hide the goals, as it ALWAYS comes up new goal and I get excited for a new proper goal and its the same one as usual.

LadyInReds
12-14-12, 09:04 PM
I like the idea of free gems, but I think those goals are getting really annoying because they keep coming back.
Can't TL think of more other creative ways to give us free gems without installing games that we dont want to play?