PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough!

KafkaZola
08-04-12, 09:58 AM
The endless Force Closes have now reached new heights; I can't even load the game. For over 2 hrs and 34 minutes, I've been trying to no avail. I get the loading screen, then am booted out. I've rebooted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, cleared my cache and done everything else that I can think of but nothing. My food is undoubtedly ruined by now but it's the sheer frustration of these bootings that is driving me mad.

I can barely gift my neighbors after the reset and, increasingly, at any other time of the day. It takes me twice as long to tip my neighbors and now, I can't even get INTO the game at ALL! It's one thing to have repeated Force Closes when I try to redeem some of my collectibles --- something that has happened for 5 months now for every one of them but the utensils, to the point where I have to have TL support redeem them for me -- but not being able to even load the game is just going too far. TOO BLOODY FAR!

Much of this was going on long before "Stormie" was forcibly thrust upon us against our will and without notice.

I'm so fed up with this game and cannot believe how much TL's issues have sucked all the fun out of the whole experience. From the Droid disparity, the ridiculous pricing issues, the gem traps, repeated reasonable requests (like the block button or confirmation button) going unheeded while other bugs (like the free firepit appliances as gifts) get fixed within HOURS, other inequities, player suspensions and so much more --all that's left now is inequity and frustration. I would say that dreary monotony is left too but since I can't bloody get into the game to even tip anymore, they've taken that away as well.

If I didn't have a few neighbors that I would badly miss, I'd uninstall forever right now. As it is, I'm going to give it 48 hours but if I still can't even LOAD the sodding thing, then sayonara. Life is too short for a (supposedly "free" game) to give me so much grief, frustration and, yes, pure rage.

norcalheaven
08-04-12, 10:08 AM
The endless Force Closes have now reached new heights; I can't even load the game. For over 2 hrs and 34 minutes, I've been trying to no avail. I get the loading screen, then am booted out. I've rebooted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, cleared my cache and done everything else that I can think of but nothing. My food is undoubtedly ruined by now but it's the sheer frustration of these bootings that is driving me mad.

I can barely gift my neighbors after the reset and, increasingly, at any other time of the day. It takes me twice as long to tip my neighbors and now, I can't even get INTO the game at ALL! It's one thing to have repeated Force Closes when I try to redeem some of my collectibles --- something that has happened for 5 months now for every one of them but the utensils, to the point where I have to have TL support redeem them for me -- but not being able to even load the game is just going too far. TOO BLOODY FAR!

Much of this was going on long before "Stormie" was forcibly thrust upon us against our will and without notice.

I'm so fed up with this game and cannot believe how much TL's issues have sucked all the fun out of the whole experience. From the Droid disparity, the ridiculous pricing issues, the gem traps, repeated reasonable requests (like the block button or confirmation button) going unheeded while other bugs (like the free firepit appliances as gifts) get fixed within HOURS, other inequities, player suspensions and so much more --all that's left now is inequity and frustration. I would say that dreary monotony is left too but since I can't bloody get into the game to even tip anymore, they've taken that away as well.

If I didn't have a few neighbors that I would badly miss, I'd uninstall forever right now. As it is, I'm going to give it 48 hours but if I still can't even LOAD the sodding thing, then sayonara. Life is too short for a (supposedly "free" game) to give me so much grief, frustration and, yes, pure rage.

Thank you KafkaZola. This is exactly what a majority of players are feeling!!! Myself included.

nmishii
08-04-12, 10:28 AM
Here's another thread where people (including myself) got the constant reloading.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?33159-Can-t-get-on-Restaurant-Story

KafkaZola
08-04-12, 10:53 AM
Thank you, nmishii, I didn't see that thread when I posted. I have done all the things suggested there and elsewhere in this forum, from moving the game to the SD card and the rest. But again, it's been to no avail. At some point, TL needs to realise that the onus is on THEM, not on the players. Players need to do the basics as suggested but, after that point, then TL needs to fix things. It's akin to customers in a restaurant who can't get through the electric, sliding door and the restaurant owner blaming them or making them jump through hoops in order to get in. Far too often, imo, TL seems to shift that obligation, expectation and, yes, even blame onto us when it is THEIR bloody issue on THEIR end that needs to get fixed. It's happened for far, far too long to even the people who have followed the necessary basic steps for it to be anyone else's fault. Whether it's a need to increase their server capacity, remove some seasonal items, do some other techy thing or just plain fix the d**n bugs before issuing new things or creating whole new games, they accept that it is their responsibility to fix. Not ours.

shalla666
08-04-12, 02:27 PM
Anyone that has Cheeky Chowder as a ngb might not get gifted for awhile since I can't get in long enough to gift. Same goes for Robin's Nest on FS (which has always been a problem), Rockin' Robin on NS (which is about to get permanently removed), and I'm so frustrated that I can't remember my BS name. I can understand that some of the bugs are hard to track down, but it seems that the majority of the issues with BS and RS (which were pretty stable at one point for me) started around the Tiki Ovens. The last two weeks of updates made it worse, and whatever got pushed out after 5:30 am Eastern Time just totally hosed me over. I'm running a DROIDX with all my updates applied, and am just feeling that when I get back from vacation I might totally remove the games if they are still acting up. It's mainly the process.teamlava.com that crashes before the Gem splash.