PDA

View Full Version : Doubled gem PRICES

mattyboo1
08-04-12, 07:21 AM
Teamlava why are my gem prices doubled items are double the amount I know enough that this is by design teamlava enough gems were sold before please change this to the original pricing

benbever
08-04-12, 07:26 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?33119-Animals-that-cost-gems
Are your prices only doubled, or sometimes tripled or quadrupled?
I don't know why they did this. I'm willing to buy virtual pets if they cost like €1 per pet, not if they cost €10 a piece.

mattyboo1
08-04-12, 09:00 AM
Sometimes tripled even more

flamieflan
08-04-12, 10:55 AM
TL has a sale promotion on gems and that's why they inflate the gem prices so they could get you to buy more gems. It really is an unfair move for TL to do this.

anoushkapets
08-04-12, 05:46 PM
I think it's absolutely disgusting. U can't change prices once they've been set. 88 gems for a *** Bobtail that was given in goal. I used to enjoy this game. Now everytime I log in its crashing, price changes. You know what I can't be bothered anymore. Is this a real company or a design graduate in their bedroom?

sweetstuff525
08-04-12, 06:03 PM
Maybe it's a glitch ...like happened in bs the othe weeks ago... Csn a mod send this over? To see if it's a glitch or it was increased on purpose??

I'm not buying them even if the price decreases .. But many people will

rooncake
08-04-12, 09:58 PM
I cant tell if it's just me or if it's something that automatically happens in Pet story (I'm new to this), but some of my coin prices have been increased, like the English Mastiff I bought this morning for 1500, for the second is now 3,200. And other stuff that I haven't bought have had prices raised too.. is this also part of this glitch?

prettysup
08-05-12, 06:30 AM
I just realized this too.. Is this a glitch or not?

queentina3
08-05-12, 06:36 AM
I think it's absolutely disgusting. U can't change prices once they've been set. 88 gems for a *** Bobtail that was given in goal. I used to enjoy this game. Now everytime I log in its crashing, price changes. You know what I can't be bothered anymore. Is this a real company or a design graduate in their bedroom?

Actually they can, and they do it quite frequently too, in all the games. It's to enhance the quality of the game and prolong the experience, or some such. DW has posted in numerous threads regarding pricing schemes and differences, so it never shocks me when they change their pricing. :rolleyes:

bubsnpzai
08-05-12, 08:05 AM
I'm near the end of the game, having completed my maximum expansion. Started a couple of months ago and the game is getting boring real fast. Same with pet hotel. So it was really nice and refreshing to have the new Olympic pets and goals. I was just smiling to myself that TL has finally gotten it right, rewarding their players and making the game more enjoyable with free gems for downloads and really reasonable prices. Then, came the sudden price hike. Already, MANY people have quit the game. With this recent price change, I'm ready to quit soon too. It's not fun anymore. Seems to me the company has taken a step forward but two steps backwards. LOL!

pinkster73
08-05-12, 09:24 AM
I'm glad i uninstalled this game.

jmavs8
08-07-12, 12:42 AM
The "price" of speeding things up with gems used to decrease as you got closer to the complete time, ex: 2 days until your expansion was done vs 2 mins before your expansion is done - or pets at the breeder or in the nursery. Now, the price doesn't decrease but stays the same for the entire time. Why did they make everything so expensive?

cakeandpie
08-07-12, 10:46 PM
This makes me so mad!!! I went to buy another potbellied pig today--used to be 14, is now ***42*** gems!!! The other gem animals I considered getting instead are ALSO way more!! What good are these promotions for downloading and playing TL's other games if TL's going to majorly raise the prices of their gem items!?!

I'm definitely not buying any gems for PSS.

benbever
08-08-12, 02:55 AM
Pets were already too expensive. When I started playing I bought gems to buy the family of persians for 7 gems a piece 28 gems total. But a lot of the other pets were just too expensive to be fun to buy. I'd spend $1 on a pet and a couple of bucks on a family if I really wanted it. But not $10 for just one pet (when there isn't even room.)
Later I decided not to buy gems anymore until the gemtraps, abandon your pet, and expansion limit issues were fixed (all are not gonna happen.)
I can't see myself buying gems anytime soon.

cakeandpie
08-08-12, 05:14 PM
Well fortunately my gem prices were back to normal today. Whew! I bought the pig and a St. Bernard quickly, before things could change again!

rebeccafromsunnybrookfarms
08-08-12, 11:35 PM
Check your gem bank, cakeandpie, because I read your post, went in and saw the prices were back to normal too. I happily bought 100 gems, then bought the budgies for 14 each, and a sun conure mate for around 10, then bred my budgies for 14...I was in Nursery, it said 14, so I clicked breed...But after breeding the birds my count dropped from 50+, to 3. i was charged 48 gems! This seems to be illegal, I clicked on the purchase option with prices visible, but I was charged more than advertised. I'm on iPad, world games version, level 50.

dudefuel
08-09-12, 03:13 AM
Oh wow, I hope it was another gem trap slip, and not that the labelled prices are different from what is really being charged

sweetstuff525
08-09-12, 07:26 AM
Check your gem bank, cakeandpie, because I read your post, went in and saw the prices were back to normal too. I happily bought 100 gems, then bought the budgies for 14 each, and a sun conure mate for around 10, then bred my budgies for 14...I was in Nursery, it said 14, so I clicked breed...But after breeding the birds my count dropped from 50+, to 3. i was charged 48 gems! This seems to be illegal, I clicked on the purchase option with prices visible, but I was charged more than advertised. I'm on iPad, world games version, level 50.
you should email support.. it would help if you had a screen shot of advertize price