PDA

View Full Version : Game force closes all the time and now I can't get into it at all

FerretCafe
08-04-12, 07:00 AM
I have been playing this game for over a year and this bug has gotten progressively worse. Every time I open the game it takes several tries before I can actually play. It goes through the welcome screen and shows me news, but then when I start to play it force closes. It won't let me gift my friends without timing out and force closing, which is now costing me gifts in return. Just now I tried simply opening the game about 10 times and it just keeps force closing. I have already posted with this issue a month or so ago and was told to uninstall and reinstall the app. I tried that and it didn't get any better. I have tried updating my phone's software and that did not help. Is there anything else I can do? Otherwise I'm just going to stop playing because at this point this game is more like an unwelcome chore than a fun pass-time.
I have a Droid Incredible 1. I don't know the game version because I can't get into the app.

Thank you

FerretCafe
08-04-12, 07:03 AM
Also I haven't been able to redeem any of my rewards for several months. I'll try and try but every time I click "redeem" the game force closes. Very frustrating.

blutatlvr
08-04-12, 05:15 PM
This is very frustrating, I have been having the same problem. My error message says it has to do with memory error but I know it does not have to do with my phone. I was able to play after many attempts but today forget it. Every time I try to open it, it forces close. I want to play and help take care of my neighbors but like you said Ferret it is more of a chore just trying to load the darn thing. Good thing I did not buy gems last night.... :( please figure this bug out!

badoodie
08-05-12, 10:25 AM
Same problem here also. RS and BS just keep reloading and reloading and reloading.............
And reloading and reloading and reloading.
Haven't been able to play those games even one second! Nothing for two days.

CuddlyDragon
08-05-12, 10:33 AM
Hey Everyone!

I have sent this information onward. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

nmishii
08-05-12, 10:36 AM
Try reinstalling if you haven't recently.

I was having the same problem yesterday with constant reloading in BS and later RS, and force closes all the time in all my games. I had to reinstall whenever I wanted to get into my game.

I reinstalled at 10pm PDT last night and haven't had a problem on any of my games so far.

HTC Evo Shift 4G v2.3.4.

nmishii
08-05-12, 11:11 AM
Hey Everyone!

I have sent this information onward. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

There were multiple threads on this issue yesterday and although more than one TL staff was on the forum yesterday and there were other posts yesterday from TL, no TL CM posted in those threads and gave us any feedback. Why didn't TL post yesterday?

It appears a change was made yesterday to fix the problem for most since I seem to be okay now and based on the limited number of posts today, it is probably fixed for others. If so, why couldn't you post that there was a change made and to reinstall, if that is what was needed, or to give other guidance? If TL didn't make a change, I'm not sure how to explain why all of a sudden the memory problems on our devices disappeared as magically as they appeared.

nmishii
08-05-12, 11:15 AM
Oops, spoke too soon. I just force closed starting up Farm. There's still a problem with the TL code.

FerretCafe
08-05-12, 01:06 PM
I was able to open RS and BS again today, but lost all my food I was cooking yesterday while I was locked out. While it's good that I can get into the game now, it still force closes constantly and prevents me from sending gifts and redeeming rewards. Any suggestions?

sanjhiyan
08-05-12, 07:10 PM
I had the same force close problem with Bakery Story. Now it's happening to me in Restaurant Story as well. I get the same error in Restaurant Story that Bakery Story gave me: something called OutOfMemoryError. I know that's impossible because my Droid X has 160 MB of available RAM.

I am going to try something. In Bakery Story I noticed I was able to get in the game at odd hours (1 a.m. - 5 a.m. my time). I am going to try the same thing with Restaurant Story.

kooky panda
08-05-12, 08:27 PM
For android force close issues- http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?33249-Bug-Thread-Android-Force-Close-Issues-8-5-12&p=369583&viewfull=1#post369583