PDA

View Full Version : ron out of items within mins

craftypiggies
08-03-12, 02:31 PM
Hi why do i stock for days then items sell out within a few hours im away from game i want it to last for some time its tiresome what is the secret ty kat

BeYaaz
08-03-12, 02:53 PM
You can keep your door closed so customers don't get in until you are fully stocked

sweetstuff525
08-03-12, 02:56 PM
The game is not designed for blocking or closing door... Doing that may cause a quick sale ... Which sells all clothing

yupiyupigumgum
08-03-12, 06:29 PM
It happened to me too. Looked like my store has been robbed. I didn't blocked the doors. Is it because I have 2 doors?

smiley326
08-03-12, 07:16 PM
I have a neighbor who has 2 doors too but its function is the same as 1 door. So I don't think 2 doors is the causal factor ^^...
btw It happened to me too... That time I left my store with opened door just go a while to check and leave tips to my neighbors. When I came back, all of my clothes has dissapeared! All of them has been sold... ><

Zee_Zatara
08-03-12, 11:35 PM
Despite what everyone says about it not being a function of the game and warnings about "quick sales," I block my door all the time. If I hadn't figured out how to do that I would have quit playing this game out of sheer frustration, since early on it is nearly impossible to build up stock without blocking the door. I block my door almost every night, re-open my shop in the morning, and almost never get quick sales.

yupiyupigumgum
08-04-12, 02:31 AM
I have a neighbor who has 2 doors too but its function is the same as 1 door. So I don't think 2 doors is the causal factor ^^...
btw It happened to me too... That time I left my store with opened door just go a while to check and leave tips to my neighbors. When I came back, all of my clothes has dissapeared! All of them has been sold... ><

I guess it just means business is booming :)

abeautifulmess
08-14-12, 03:49 AM
How do I close my door?? sorry this is probably common knowledge but I'm new :)

smiley326
08-14-12, 06:57 AM
How do I close my door?? sorry this is probably common knowledge but I'm new :)

You can place any stuff infront of the door using the design button ^^

linp825
08-16-12, 09:52 AM
I have been closing my doors since day one...to either restock or just because I can't play and don't want all my stuff selling out. And I have NEVER heard of a "quick sale" and has never happened to me even if my door is closed for days. I don't know if the game is even programmed that way. Maybe a moderator could help clear this mystery up....?????

abeautifulmess
08-19-12, 10:09 AM
Thanks smiley326 :-)

kooky panda
08-19-12, 01:50 PM
Blocking your door is not part of the design of the game just a work around some players have found. Since is not part of the design of the game there is no way to predict what will happen in the games.

The game will usually quick-sell all of your inventory if you block the door to your store. When you block the door, you may not see the customers coming in, but our system will still recognize them walking in and buying your items. When you open your door again, the consumption that took place while your door was blocked catches up, which is why it looks like you instantly lost all of your items.

If you want to avoid the quick-sell, don't block your door.

kimikayyz
08-21-12, 08:19 PM
I had the same problem a few months ago and mentioned it to my mom. She said my dad had found the solution.

He said to unblock the door then wait til a few of the shoppers buy things and leave with bags, then block the door again, and exit the game for just a few minutes. (don't just go to another shop...you have to exit the game) When you come back, unblock the door and leave at your convenience - your shop won't be empty when you come back. So far it's worked every time.

Of course, now that I know it, I use it to my advantage when I need some coin for an expansion...close the door for a few days and stock up, then open them and exit right away...come back later, and BOOM! a quarter million. Expansion time! I would've probably earned that in that time anyway, but I don't have to scramble to keep racks full all the time. Of course, I always have a whole set of orders ready to put on tables and racks when the quicksell is done...that way I can still get tips and have happy customers. ;)

Good luck...hope it works out for you!

hentie2
08-25-12, 02:33 AM
I have two fashion stores IPad n iPhone
tested out stocking up with door closed vs door open and continuous buying
Results
within a few hours door closed store complete wipe out!
Open door store items still in stock:)

Dreamer691
08-25-12, 09:14 PM
I've found a way around this. I have soooo many of the pumps that people gift, so I make a small entrance to my store using displays and stuff and only have a mirror, those shoes and my register that people can get to. That way I can keep restocking the rest of my shop without it selling out too quickly, and still be selling the millions of the shoes I have at the same time so my store isn't technically closed. No chance of the quick-sell that way :)