PDA

View Full Version : Dragon story ULTRA THEORIES!?!? DIAMOND DRAGON!

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-02-12, 11:34 PM
After spending tons of money and bugging friends for gold day after day and multiple devices at that loL... I have over theorized a million things. I want to know why it is when u go to an island "Stormie's Park" in general AFTER playing with the dragons you can touch on the habitats and some will highlight in yellow like on EVERY habitat on YOUR OWN island. Like I can highlight all diamond dragons both fire habitats his wind with seabreeze and scorpion in it and his Forrest habitat with life and poison in it. Then on other devices for me and friends the habitats that highlight are always different and different amounts of habitats they can highlight...??? THOUGHTS?!

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-03-12, 12:35 AM
I have used island and firestorm more times than I can fathom! I have tried just about every color/element and still nothing. This game is filled with more mystery than only a few have even touched upon! Many say "LUCK!" in someways yes luck. But I think the answers are right in front of us. Most players may Not look at it that way. Maybe due to the younger fan base it's not brought up. Or maybe I'm wrong lol idk. The diamond dragon I would love nothing more to have and when that happens it will be a very good day for THIS dude lol. My opinion on this is luck and island set up???... I believe most islands have a set up in the background a loop. Multiple loops, windows of time in which to breed certain dragons. Like for example; my island seems to give me tons of basic terrible luck breedings... If I go on a "gold rampage" lol of a morning time I easily breed super rare to rare. Me trying the same group of dragons switching sides. DOES WHICH SIDE MATTER? To me? Absolutely it matters if it didn't it wouldn't give you two sides it would just give u a general list and u would pick two dragons from one single list. That is one of many of my theories! And diamond dragon tips would be great or in depth experiences with this game?!

Tagurit35
08-03-12, 09:56 AM
I definitely think that a pattern exists and you have proposed many good points.
These are what I think could be possible factors (I have included yours, as well as others I have seen, & my own observations).
Let me preface these points before I actually start listing---- I think that is a probability to always get a rare when breeding. After that, I believe that there are as yet undetermined factors which raise/lower the probability of getting rares, ultra rares. I do not believe that purchasing gold is a factor at all. We may think that, but it is just because the speed/amount of breeding is increased which gives you more chances in a much shorter amount of time.

1. The actual Island setup could be a factor(this is a good point--this has opened up a whole new realm of factors). I moved my breeding den around some.
2. The "time" to breed could be a factor as well. I did not pay attention in the beginning, but I have in the past few weeks. I do know for sure I got my 1st Diamond & planet between 6:00-7:00pm Central US time.
3. It makes sense that the sides you pick would be a factor.
4. Decoration placement or the amount could be a factor.
5. Social rating could play into it
6. The actual amount of people playing at that specific time (anywhere in the world) could be a factor as well. There could be some "quota" formula in the system that limits the amount of ultra-rares that can be created in a given time period....

I am sure there are many others that could be added here. Of course, it could be something very simple & we just read into it too much. I tend to take the "conspiracy" side though because money is involved. I have spent money on gold because I am impatient & logic would follow that it is just not a simple randomized formula.

I think that the developers are very smart (especially with frequent updates & now new dragons based on attaining the ultra-rare). That is good business. I am sure that many get frustrated & leave bu my guess is that more people start playing than leave. I cannot imagine that TL feels threatened by those who leave out of frustration. At least you can play & be successful without spending a dime--it just takes alot longer. For a while, I would hop back & forth between their games. Then, this possibility of figuring out the solution to the breeding formulas pulled me in & is what keeps me playing this game.

CyndersTears
08-03-12, 11:28 AM
Hmm.. i don't know. I've seen his place, and i was really only envious of the familiar XP

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-03-12, 12:05 PM
I definitely think that a pattern exists and you have proposed many good points.
These are what I think could be possible factors (I have included yours, as well as others I have seen, & my own observations).
Let me preface these points before I actually start listing---- I think that is a probability to always get a rare when breeding. After that, I believe that there are as yet undetermined factors which raise/lower the probability of getting rares, ultra rares. I do not believe that purchasing gold is a factor at all. We may think that, but it is just because the speed/amount of breeding is increased which gives you more chances in a much shorter amount of time.

1. The actual Island setup could be a factor(this is a good point--this has opened up a whole new realm of factors). I moved my breeding den around some.
2. The "time" to breed could be a factor as well. I did not pay attention in the beginning, but I have in the past few weeks. I do know for sure I got my 1st Diamond & planet between 6:00-7:00pm Central US time.
3. It makes sense that the sides you pick would be a factor.
4. Decoration placement or the amount could be a factor.
5. Social rating could play into it
6. The actual amount of people playing at that specific time (anywhere in the world) could be a factor as well. There could be some "quota" formula in the system that limits the amount of ultra-rares that can be created in a given time period....

I am sure there are many others that could be added here. Of course, it could be something very simple & we just read into it too much. I tend to take the "conspiracy" side though because money is involved. I have spent money on gold because I am impatient & logic would follow that it is just not a simple randomized formula.

I think that the developers are very smart (especially with frequent updates & now new dragons based on attaining the ultra-rare). That is good business. I am sure that many get frustrated & leave bu my guess is that more people start playing than leave. I cannot imagine that TL feels threatened by those who leave out of frustration. At least you can play & be successful without spending a dime--it just takes alot longer. For a while, I would hop back & forth between their games. Then, this possibility of figuring out the solution to the breeding formulas pulled me in & is what keeps me playing this game.

I agree with all I too go "conspiracy" with it. TL has stated several times that the game is wrapped in mystery and sometimes the answers are right there. The show their fine detail in their contests they seem silly but they are fun and infact refered in the last one to the dragons bio's from baby to adult even. This is designed for younger but it's the adult fan base that funds their monies most of the time lol my guess anyways. The things you have stated are all apart of mine and many friends. That's why I wanted outside input. Lots of other players see this game in this type of light... Mystery!! Lol the quests have provided clues in the past to get us certain dragons that is to get us to think. TL WANTS us to get the diamond dragon I truely feel that they do... However u gotta find your switch in the game. I've been paying utmost attention to what TL has been doing lately they are going to expand soon. They have too. Most people forget this is an online game not in phone app that u reach a certain point and u sit and complain until the next version comes out like tiny wings for example lol. So like all online games there is a ryme and reason for almost everything they do and add into the game. Some are dead ends but most serve a purpose. Since this game is new and picking up speed fast things change almost every day mainly with updates each week via online server not in app updates which I love! There is a loop in the game lets say a specific loop 20 total let's say for all players islands... The programming allow certain odds like a slot machine in a way that is the luck aspect of it. But it too can be cracked per say or better understood. 90% of people that claim to have bred diomond are not being honest I believe. I believe many just purchase the first one and then that's it. Anyone that truely knows how to breed one PER THEIR ISLAND have multiple multiple diamonds and all hybrids... Cause they DO know what breeds work for them. Gold doesn't play into the luck part but just saying I wish it did lol spent a lot of cash on this game to speed up HOPING I will get one but truely for my mind to see the flaws of the game or "loop holes" for MY island. And have been very accurate thus far. Believe me I have spent WAAAAAY to much time on other formulas that I have had proven wrong but many others that are still unanswered in many ways. The social rating is my new favorite theory of all and is based on many things... No matter the age range for this game EVERYTHING in it serves a purpose. Yes the social rating gets u to other islands see what they have and u do NOT have (diamond) lol and makes u spend more time and money on the game. That's the marketing aspect of the game which I commend them for! But due to that it also means something to the programming of the game if u will. A higher rating shows to the programming u are "interested" hence why when stormie's island/park came into play. They did that for a reason... Prime reason? They say he is here to help with social ratings which is true. But you can't play with his dragons as much for that type of disclaimer. They want u to see what he is doing. And TL are jerks for doing this to someone like myself lol. I have slept at that island for days. He IS showing what gets his island a diamond dragon. Epic Atlantis and epic scorpion which sides I can't figure that out. It shows in his nests a magic and then a diamond dragon. Which means u get a **** magic and I get nothing but rare/super rare after that for two breeds then back to basic stuffs like magic again or tons of life or fruitful. In my opinion when it starts to throw that I switch sides in the den and go at it again. And it goes back on a loop. Magic dragon then tons of super rare. The side that provides the most super rare/rare outcomes is a sign to me THAT is the correct "SIDE" to chose for those two dragons. Then the time of day comes into play maybe even by region and for sure players online again like a slot machine they hit more when people are playing like a progressive slot machine more people more flashy more payouts lol. Same concept I feel. This game I believe is based outta Hawaii if I'm not mistaken. I'm in Missouri and they are three hours behind us. MY time loop I've figured for my island is that after 2am systems seem to lag like its updating for the minor daily coding updates as almost all online games do. Like they unplug let it set and then back on. From 2am roughly to about 7-8am cst for me I breed Terrible things lol. But of an evening time I have much better "luck" with getting good stuff. There very much so is a ryme and reason for everything this game provides otherwise it would NOT be addicting to any age range player of any s**** level lol and no one would truely play as much. It's our jobs to find patterns they have tested true many times in the past and leading up to know and even more so NOW that the game is picking up speed. I was so frustrated to NOT see people talking about this game on a theory type level but that is picking up pace now that I'm gonna start opening my mouth about it!!! I love that you responded to my post you have made my day that if even one person had thoughts in this and in the same fashion my friends and I do! Keep it coming!!! My boyfriend has a theory that feeding dragons on Thursday's is important for some reason. The game has mentioned it before just slightly and have read a few things on it??? Your thoughts on that would be awesome. Idk what it would do extra to feed them on that day but seems to be something there. It's not just that blind of a game... FEED...EVOLVE...BREED... Repet lol that is the just of it currently but there are factors along the way that spice things up and give it that extra reason and TL wants people to figure this stuff out. I think that's why their contests have been so in depth lately to start teaching/showing players "HEY, pay attention to detail sometimes and you might get rewarded" lol. Again this is an ONLINE game not an in app game it is ever changing hence why I'm ok spending money. There is more challenge and options in this game you just have to see it. Sorry so long love this game!

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-03-12, 12:29 PM
Theories on stormie's park is more so what I'm looking at right meow lol. He doesn't have all dragons all are epics. He o Lu has three farms... Tons of space. Only two dragons to a habitat. And has ONLY TWO DRAGONS of the same kind outside his diamond dragons. He has had scorpion and Atlantis dragons in his den for about a week or so now. And the only double of dragons he has is scorpion dragon and Atlantis... He is not here to show us up or have tons of dragons like some feel he should. He is missing five important or high value dragons in the game. This island was put here for a reason. To "help" us out. There not gonna be like "HEY hers how u get a diamond dragon!" they are going to label it a fun game neighbor. Lol again this terrible for me lol. He has a nice set up but is showing a code of some sort and cannot figure it out really. I have noticed better luck after changing my habitats around and have had much better luck breeding scorpion and Atlantis outcome wise... But still doing something wrong. His island is flashy and has a very cool set up on main island and secondary lower island. But to the right island on the bigger side is cleared and nothing but a frumpy couple fire habitats and three gardens. So plain so boring. Why would they take the time to be so on point with decorations everywhere else but not there?! That's why I think that decoration is a big part to it as well like he's showing what is minimum required to get better odds. Like "look at all this cool stuff" then nothing at all over here! If this was a regular persons island I wouldn't think twice. But this is an insider island that hold answers. And I feel it has to do with which island YOU personally can highlight and which ones u can't. My goal is to do or change something on my island to change what I can highlight... Then I will know A LOT MORE ABOUT THIS GAME. Or it could be over thinking lol but I don't think it is lol.

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-07-12, 11:01 PM
New theory... It goes with my previous theories. Every island has a loop. Predetermined sets of dragons that will come from ANY breeding. Each island has a combo to give the diamond dragon to them. Firestom and island I have tried a couple hundred times... As well scorpion and Atlantis and scorpion and island... All different levels all sides left or right etc. mainly epic though. Still nothing really good to show of it like at all! Even rare dragons would of been nice lol. I think many are right that you can replace one of the colors with magic. I have tried recently a fruitful epic on the left and coral level 6 on right. Very first try I got a seabreeze dragon. A super rare. My new plan of attack is to try this until it starts giving me the same junk or something common. Five to six tries should cover this theory. Then all I will be breeding is super rare types to see outcomes. If you can stand to read thru all of my verbal diarrhea about this stay tuned and I'll throw more results as I come across them... I read TL's forums constantly. More and more people are "breeding" diamonds with a magic thrown in there. However I believe a good solid 80% of these posters are lying and have purchased their dragons. There are many ways to tell this. Mainly lower level not many dragons and or dragons that shouldn't give you a diamond. Anyone who takes offense to someone saying they bought instead of breeding lol. Mainly the folks that TRUELY bred theirs have 5-10 or more. Because they know their combo. I have at least 15 neighbors with tons of them and I know their breeding secret BUT it does not work for my island!

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-11-12, 07:17 PM
Epic fruitful and level 9 coral seems to be good to me lots of rares and super rares in this breeding combo for me. I'm on the right path for my diamond. I have lots of theories on the familiar dragon but seem to be having the same luck with this as with diamond lol.

Zetra
08-12-12, 03:51 AM
There should be a Club of people researching Diamond Dragon Therory.

DjrainbowBRAINS
08-12-12, 05:06 PM
There should be a Club of people researching Diamond Dragon Therory.

I agree with you! I would totally run that club if available. Lol

sukierd
08-17-12, 12:00 PM
THANK you for your theories!!!!!!!! I now have a diamond breeding due to reading your ideas and I have been trying all summer. I checked out stormie's island and found I could highlight one diamond and one firestorm. I have also found one of my serpents gives me some great stuff no matter who I breed him with...like familiar, trickster, mistmoth. Now I had breed him with firestorms before, but silly me I have 5 firestorms. I had always breed him with higher levels thinking the bigger the better. Well after following your theories I decided to feed my 2 baby firestorms to level 6 and test them out with my serpent. I first tried Serpent 9(left) with Scorch firestorm 6(right) and received an athletic. I then switched their positions and received a seabreeze. Then I decided to try the other baby Serpent 9(left) and Blaze firestorm 6(right) and Waalaa, 44 hours! Woot! Thank you for the theory thoughts.

riitzc
08-17-12, 12:15 PM
I've seen quite a lot of people saying they got Diamond at 6am~.

I also noticed that I had better luck breeding when I had decorations. My luck has dropped since taking them out.

CyndersTears
08-17-12, 01:36 PM
Maybe the Dragonrider statue may help.. ._.'

MohanNP
01-22-13, 06:06 AM
New theory... It goes with my previous theories. Every island has a loop. Predetermined sets of dragons that will come from ANY breeding. Each island has a combo to give the diamond dragon to them. Firestom and island I have tried a couple hundred times... As well scorpion and Atlantis and scorpion and island... All different levels all sides left or right etc. mainly epic though. Still nothing really good to show of it like at all! Even rare dragons would of been nice lol. I think many are right that you can replace one of the colors with magic. I have tried recently a fruitful epic on the left and coral level 6 on right. Very first try I got a seabreeze dragon. A super rare. My new plan of attack is to try this until it starts giving me the same junk or something common. Five to six tries should cover this theory. Then all I will be breeding is super rare types to see outcomes. If you can stand to read thru all of my verbal diarrhea about this stay tuned and I'll throw more results as I come across them... I read TL's forums constantly. More and more people are "breeding" diamonds with a magic thrown in there. However I believe a good solid 80% of these posters are lying and have purchased their dragons. There are many ways to tell this. Mainly lower level not many dragons and or dragons that shouldn't give you a diamond. Anyone who takes offense to someone saying they bought instead of breeding lol. Mainly the folks that TRUELY bred theirs have 5-10 or more. Because they know their combo. I have at least 15 neighbors with tons of them and I know their breeding secret BUT it does not work for my island!

I bred a diamond using the usual Firestorm + Island (on 3rd try I think)
I didnt try again bcoz there's no point in trying again and possibility of getting another diamond is extremely low whether I use same combo or not. Instead what I will actually do is to breed that diamond with a pure dragon hoping to get pure diamond or diamond hybrid.
It hardly takes 10 seconds to get failure if I try "Diamond + Fire".. but when I get success, it will show 44 hours and it will be definitely one of the Ultra rares.. i.e. A crusader or a diamond or an infinity (all these three are Ultra rares).

Many people have reported about 40-50 failures before getting success but... its worth it.. each failure is hardly 10+10=20 seconds.
(or lets say 30+30=1 minute if u r trying "Diamond + Forest")
So only an hour or so will be needed to get success..

btw...when I bred my first Diamond,
I was on level 22.
both my Firestorm and Island were level 6.
It was my third attempt after 2 failures with the combo.
I had failed 7-8 more times also using some other combinations. So I can say I failed about 10 times in total. (I was not counting as such :p)
I did not have any decoration. (I still dont have :p)
I never purchased Gold.. (will never purchase either)

In short, I want to say..
Getting first diamond is difficult and purely luck...
but getting more diamonds after getting the first is not luck... its very easy to get more diamonds using the diamond which I already have..

Baraze
01-22-13, 06:35 AM
I always thought the "luck" of ultra rares had to do with a casino effect. So many are programmed to be bred and depending on who does what and when it happens. For instance, all the folks getting multiple unicorns, especially in a short period of time. After a few days it dried up. Now it's taking some tries for one to be Bred. Or at least I tell myself this conspiracy as I sit in a corner and rock back and forth in agony at not getting what I want!

I don't think gold spent or island layout has anything to do with it. I didn't fully grasp this game until November. While in an invisible battle with my older sister who started the game after me and yet had all the cool dragons. The contest started and I grew to love it. I traded almost all of my epic super rare and rare dragons in the excitement of the trading and crafting buildings. I arrogantly thought it would be a breeze to get all of my babies again. I saw that to say, here I was on a small island, with mostly level 2-4 dragons when I got my first diamond. Seven days later I had four. Since December 26th I got four diamonds, two infinities and all the hybrids minus abubis and unicorn.

The names don't matter either. As some may tend to think. All in all there is a system we don't know of yet. Which is good! If we knew all the ins and out the game would cease to be fun.

Finally, I agree that the position of the dragon, left/right plays a huge part. That's why certain colors come before another even if they share the same parents. Just my one penny's worth of thoughts.

galaxykeyz
01-22-13, 06:45 AM
I hear you can breed diamond using any four of the elements combined e.g. purple/light/green/yellow. Can anyone confirm? I'm going to try because the firestorm/island combo doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm lvl 63 too so I've tried enough times!!

betsyb514
01-22-13, 06:58 AM
I hear you can breed diamond using any four of the elements combined e.g. purple/light/green/yellow. Can anyone confirm? I'm going to try because the firestorm/island combo doesn't seem to be working for me. I'm lvl 63 too so I've tried enough times!!

Any 4 colors will do. I got mine with Light and Fireworks. Just got it last week and I am almost to level 80! Good luck!

7Riptide
01-22-13, 08:15 AM
wall of text,

abandon thread

awsumum
08-18-13, 06:30 PM
I got diamond, by breeding NOT buying, I used eagle8/island7 and I was a relatively low level player at the time (40 or 50)
Since then I have bred about 3 more, but had to sell them to make room for dragons I didn't have doubles of :)

hamadrys
08-18-13, 06:36 PM
There must be a pattern. For each island, maybe a designated combo or strong colors.
I got 2 Diamonds. Both were with the same colors.
First was with Aurora and Eagle. Second was with Aurora and Atlas.

kooky panda
08-18-13, 06:40 PM
You can continue discussing breeding theories on the current thread here. (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?56597-Dragon-Story-Breeding-Experiments-Theories-Part-III&p=703290&viewfull=1#post703290)