PDA

View Full Version : Question of the Day Poll (Part II - Vote By 11/19/2010)

Norman
11-17-10, 06:26 PM
Per player request, I have made another poll with the two most popular choices from the last poll.

Now that you have had the chance to experience having the Question of the Day at various times of the day, please vote to either keep it that way or revert back to the original time of between 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. PST.

This poll will expire this Friday, 11/19/2010, and the result will be implemented starting next week and for the rest of the month.

i love to say wise things
11-17-10, 07:37 PM
thanks! i wanted this! i live in california and ya know, its convenient for me! 

Unregistered
11-18-10, 02:51 AM
thanks! i wanted this! i live in california and ya know, its convenient for me! 

Same here!

Really appreciate it Norman. Looks like they're tied now.

Swiss girl
11-18-10, 05:04 AM
I live in Switzerland, 9 hours time difference. 6 pm pst is 3 am here. Actually between 2 and 5 am across Europe. Considering that there are people playing worldwide, wouldn't it be fairer to keep the new timing? It would give a chance to all to win...

Frenchie
11-18-10, 05:08 AM
I live in Switzerland, 9 hours time difference. 6 pm pst is 3 am here. Actually between 2 and 5 am across Europe. Considering that there are people playing worldwide, wouldn't it be fairer to keep the new timing? It would give a chance to all to win...

Fully agree to Swiss girl!

Faucon
11-18-10, 05:57 AM
Fully agree to Swiss girl!

Same for me. I'm also from Switzerland and I think many players are from Europe.

Unregistered
11-18-10, 06:52 AM
Me too! I'm in the UK, it is fairer to have the contest at varying times of the day.

I can't understand why a second poll is necessary!!!

ambra
11-18-10, 10:53 AM
I am from romania and i think it is better to have difernt hours to vote

Unregistered
11-18-10, 04:15 PM
hope 5-6pm wins :)

Unregistered
11-18-10, 04:20 PM
Australian here. Varying times would make it more fair to the rest of the world, not just those close to your PST time.

Unregistered
11-19-10, 07:34 AM
Come all you Farmers, City Builders, Restaurant Owners and Emperors, let's make this fair to the players that 5-6pm PST falls either during the night or working day. Vote for varying times.

If the result of the first poll is overturned then I will definitely not be buying gems/city cash and will most probably stop playing all together.

Oh silly me, we are not American so our point of view doesn't count.

Unregistered
11-19-10, 10:43 AM
In my opinion what seems most fair to the players is to have the question of the day be in the evening, around 7pm in each time zone, but I doubt TL wants to stay at work 24 hrs a day to post questions for us to answer.

So, my suggestion is to post 2 or 3 times when they might ask the question of the day....that way players can check in to see if the question has been posted, if not they can check in at the next posted time.

For example, between 7:00-8:00pm pst or 7:00-8:00am est, that way no matter where players live they can figure out what time it is in there time zone and then tune in for the question of the day at those times.

Or even better just post a question one day at night and the next in the morning at the times you set to post the questions. Bottom line is if we know when the questions are likely to be posted we can all tune in at the set time to try and answer the question of the day.

Unregistered
11-19-10, 04:08 PM
Either way, it's the majority that wins. That's the purpose of a vote. Plus, no matter what, the time will never accomodate every single person in the world. Even with varying times for example, all the questions so far have been posted before 3pm PST...many people in that zone are at work or school during that time. That alone excludes a lot of people. With the original time, at least a good amount of people have a set time to prepare. Not the other way around where people are blind-sided with the question at a random time, and lots of others are excluded.