PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 Gems!!!!-TL has lost its mind!

felicitybliss
08-02-12, 04:54 PM
The new statue of liberty cost 1,000 gems which equals slightly less than 50 USD. TL has lost its mind! I think it is time for me to delete this app. I simply refuse to pay that type of money for a picture on an app.

http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff481/barbiefrancie/90e3c718.jpg

bigbux3
08-02-12, 05:10 PM
Just be glad. Mine is 2,000 gems because they've doubled my gem prices. And they won't change it back.

lylahmae
08-02-12, 05:17 PM
Just be glad. Mine is 2,000 gems because they've doubled my gem prices. And they won't change it back.

That's probably because they are mad at you for all the times you made them look bad. :p!

bigbux3
08-02-12, 05:21 PM
That's probably because they are mad at you for all the times you made them look bad. :p!

They make themselves look bad. Maybe if they actually listen to our suggestions then they won't have to "look bad"

felicitybliss
08-02-12, 05:21 PM

My advice to you is to simply delete the app. I don't even have words for a pixelated app picture that costs 2000 gems expect to say 'delete immediately' and find something equally enjoyable but affordable.

What does the gem package cost at 1400 gems on your game? Mine is 50 USD. I am wondering if you get 2800 gems for the same money because it gives you twice as much.

I think TL misjudged what people are willing to pay.......

bigbux3
08-02-12, 05:23 PM
My advice to you is to simply delete the app. I don't even have words for a pixelated app picture that costs 2000 gems expect to say 'delete immediately' and find something equally enjoyable but affordable.

What does the gem package cost at 1400 gems on your game? Mine is 50 USD. I am wondering if you get 2800 gems for the same money because it gives you twice as much.

I think TL misjudged what people are willing to pay.......

TeamLava just wants money now. Understandable, who doesn't. But it doesn't seem fair if I live in the US and my prices are doubled. And why is it just my gem prices? For example, the Donut Shop is 20 gems, I have to pay 40 gems! It's like discrimination.

ariesblu
08-02-12, 05:27 PM
Wow this is crazy. I don't know the exchange rate for gems for this isn't on Android, but a thousand gems for anything is simply ridiculous. Teamlava never fails to top themselves.

bigbux3
08-02-12, 05:28 PM
Wow this is crazy. I don't know the exchange rate for gems for this isn't on Android, but a thousand gems for anything is simply ridiculous. Teamlava never fails to top themselves.

Don't forget. 2,000 for me.

ariesblu
08-02-12, 05:30 PM
Don't forget. 2,000 for me.

Oh yes, it's absolutely ridiculous.

bigbux3
08-02-12, 05:42 PM
Oh yes, it's absolutely ridiculous.

It's like saying the water I drank from the river you drank isn't the same water.

felicitybliss
08-02-12, 06:03 PM
It's like saying the water I drank from the river you drank isn't the same water.

IF you are comparing oranges to oranges.....what does your gem packages cost for how many gems? If you are getting double the amount of gems for the same money as my 1400 gems for 50 USD, then we are in same boat on the same river. If you are paying 50 USD for 1400 gems, then your prices are doubled and your river was tainted with poison.

Regardless, this is an absurdly priced computer picture. There is no way that I am continually this game as I simply won't pay that kind of money to participate.

Ariesblu, the gem value seems similar to FArm, fashion, bakery. There doesn't seem to be any free gems provided for tasks or achievement. I have 20 gems provided when I started the game. Now, I am level 16 and still at 20 gems. Haven't earned any gems since then.

bigbux3
08-02-12, 06:47 PM
IF you are comparing oranges to oranges.....what does your gem packages cost for how many gems? If you are getting double the amount of gems for the same money as my 1400 gems for 50 USD, then we are in same boat on the same river. If you are paying 50 USD for 1400 gems, then your prices are doubled and your river was tainted with poison.

Regardless, this is an absurdly priced computer picture. There is no way that I am continually this game as I simply won't pay that kind of money to participate.

Ariesblu, the gem value seems similar to FArm, fashion, bakery. There doesn't seem to be any free gems provided for tasks or achievement. I have 20 gems provided when I started the game. Now, I am level 16 and still at 20 gems. Haven't earned any gems since then.

Nope. The amount of gems to purchase didn't double. It's still the same 20 for $0.99 and so on and so on.

shakiba
08-02-12, 06:50 PM
Oh my! Seriously? Yikes!!!Once again I'm saying, not a good day. I'm very upset.

bigbux3
08-02-12, 07:06 PM
Oh my! Seriously? Yikes!!!Once again I'm saying, not a good day. I'm very upset.

This whole day, inside and outside TeamLava has been bad for me.

Even support said they won't be changing my prices back. That means they don't want to.

felicitybliss
08-02-12, 08:00 PM
Nope. The amount of gems to purchase didn't double. It's still the same 20 for $0.99 and so on and so on.

Oh my, then your river was tainted with poison. Since support has refused to help, then I would simply delete and feel that TL doesn't value its customers. There is not much to say as TL seems happy to stay on its anti-consumer path. Personally, I am exploring other games and options.

pinkster73
08-02-12, 08:04 PM
Here's me not whining for this game: (⊙o⊙)

bigbux3
08-02-12, 08:05 PM
Oh my, then your river was tainted with poison. Since support has refused to help, then I would simply delete and feel that TL doesn't value its customers. There is not much to say as TL seems happy to stay on its anti-consumer path. Personally, I am exploring other games and options.

This is what I see ingame:

As you can see, I fell into a gem trap and lost 2 gems:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2ry33mw.png
I have 9. But, these are my doubled store prices.

This is the Statue of Liberty:
http://i49.tinypic.com/wb80w5.png

This is what I have to pay:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2w40fx0.png

As you can see, the prices are regular, but my store prices have doubled. Why is it just my gem prices though?!!! TL won't even explain to me!

ariesblu
08-02-12, 11:30 PM
So they expect you to pay around $75 bucks for some pixels? Is this real life?

bigbux3
08-02-12, 11:51 PM
So they expect you to pay around $75 bucks for some pixels? Is this real life?

Yeah. It's not one of those "gotcha" shows either.

benbever
08-03-12, 10:14 AM
It's still better than the dogs in pet shop story;
this thing costs 32 euro (double for some people.)
The family of dogs needed to unlock the tropical frog in pet shop story costs 84 euro (only 58 euro if gem sale.)

For some people, money in life isn't an issue, and they can buy nonsense like this.
I like that, those people give teamlava lots of money, so other people can play (hopefully high quality) games for free, just without the statue of liberty or the special frog.
However, teamlava games are on the news here sometimes, because kids spend hundreds of euros on in-game stuff in one day, with dad's iphone/ipad and connected credit card (without knowing what they are doing.) And dad later gets the bill and is not happy.
Or accounts get hacked and the hacker spends $80 credit card money on in-game stuff, that one was also on the news, again team lave games.
Single items costing €32 or $75 make stuff like this much easier to happen.
I wonder how many over $100 purchases are intentional (rich people or people actually playing a lot and wanting to spend a lot of money on it) and how much of those purchases are unintentional.

hotwingzz
08-03-12, 10:54 AM
Prob cause its new I'm sure they will change it

ButterPanda
08-03-12, 11:01 AM
The new statue of liberty cost 1,000 gems which equals slightly less than 50 USD. TL has lost its mind! I think it is time for me to delete this app. I simply refuse to pay that type of money for a picture on an app.

Thanks for the feedback. I will pass this on to our devs.

bigbux3
08-03-12, 11:56 AM

Will you pass on to the devs that my prices are doubled, as well?

pinkster73
08-03-12, 12:47 PM
Will you pass on to the devs that my prices are doubled, as well?

That'll fix it yeah!

bigbux3
08-03-12, 01:11 PM
That'll fix it yeah!

No. And I wonder when "they pass it onto the devs" what really happens???????

bobbyrae
08-03-12, 01:41 PM

Lol @ pinkster. Indeed. I wonder if anyone actually bought it besides stormie. :p

No. And I wonder when "they pass it onto the devs" what really happens???????
It gets discussed every week by the developers and the engineers i guess. And then discussed some more and then when it's passed on to them again they sit around and discuss it some more until it is finally discussed to death and then we get dogs in yellow frocks and limbo pigs.

bigbux3
08-03-12, 01:50 PM
Lol @ pinkster. Indeed. I wonder if anyone actually bought it besides stormie. :p

It gets discussed every week by the developers and the engineers i guess. And then discussed some more and then when it's passed on to them again they sit around and discuss it some more until it is finally discussed to death and then we get dogs in yellow frocks and limbo pigs.

Lol.

Does this look worth 1000 or in my case, 2000 gems?
http://i49.tinypic.com/2nvq7vk.jpg
It's pixelated and looks blurry.

http://i45.tinypic.com/a8bhy.jpg
The base looks too small.

http://i50.tinypic.com/16llmww.jpg
And they played with poor Lady Liberty's face.

mamareader02
08-08-12, 10:25 AM
I have one neighbor who actually bought it, but that price tag really is beyond what I thought TL would stoop to

bigbux3
08-08-12, 04:56 PM
I have one neighbor who actually bought it, but that price tag really is beyond what I thought TL would stoop to

Maybe they were on of the players with the pricing of 500 gems. That's 100 more than how my Baseball Stadium is priced.

bobbyrae
08-08-12, 05:06 PM
Well there you go. :) If there's one who bought it then there are more who did also. I don't think TL stooped at all. They made a product and put a price tag on it. There were some customers who didn't think the price too high and bought it. That's how it works. There is no way i'd pay $500 for a pair of shoes or a handbag but there are people who do it without blinking. As we say in Jamaica, it mek jus as cheap. It's the same thing.

hotbeef
08-12-12, 03:31 PM

Wow! I play on an iPod touch and the statue costs 500 gems and 10 for the donut shop. I don't have the night feature but still have fun playing the game even though nobody has an answer for my issues. I am confused as to why everyone seems to have different problems with the same game.