PDA

View Full Version : The Great Farm Update Date: August 2!

bawpotter
08-01-12, 05:42 PM
Well, it's almost here! The Great Farm Update Date! It's August, and the temperature is heating up, as are the 30th Olympic Games in London! We have some great teasers this week from DW. Welcome the African Violet and the Elephants to your Farm soon!

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/281123201710638629_bh0MbdAs_c.jpg

http://media-cache-ec2.pinterest.com/upload/281123201710638688_wlDxROzu_c.jpg

While we import the Elephants from Africa, let's talk about our hopes:

1. New Goals!
2. Coin Content!
3. New Gifts!

In the mean time, let's all get ready for the Great Update Date!

(And yes, I know that the Elephants might be from Asia, but for this, they'll be from Africa.)

WendingWanderer
08-01-12, 05:49 PM
Elephants?

Maybe we're going to get an African farm theme?

Or maybe we're just going to get elephants.

queentina3
08-01-12, 05:51 PM
I'm not running a Zoo or a Safari, I have no need for Elephants on my Farm.

Will TL get the timing right on these flowers, or will there yet be another thread asking for the time to be changed???? If we could gift gems, I'd start a contest and take bets.........................

lylahmae
08-01-12, 07:01 PM
Those elephants have small ears that means they are Asian. They are not from Africa.

queentina3
08-01-12, 07:14 PM
Those elephants have small ears that means they are Asian. They are not from Africa.

Or TL designers just don't know how to create things to be in proportion. :p

WendingWanderer
08-01-12, 07:25 PM
Or TL designers just don't know how to create things to be in proportion. :p

Well, we already knew that. Some of my flowers are as tall as my trees.

yupiyupigumgum
08-02-12, 01:16 AM
I appreciate the update but still ..... why do we need elephant in a farm? To step on the plants?

queentina3
08-02-12, 05:46 AM
Well, we already knew that. Some of my flowers are as tall as my trees.

LMAO, the Boysenberry!!!! I loved them for the 3 hour aspect, but hated them because they were as tall as the trees and my Farm at the time had them side-by-side along the side and that dumb 'Tap to Manage' almost caught me a few times when harvesting them. :(

pinkster73
08-02-12, 09:50 AM
Really?

bobbyrae
08-02-12, 10:35 AM
I appreciate the update but still ..... why do we need elephant in a farm? To step on the plants?
To be friends with the dog in a yellow frock and the puppy in the raincoat is why and to hang out with the hula and limbo pigs! Plus the crab barn needed an occupant. And what is more fitting than a pair of elephants living in a crab shaped barn! :)

I hope the flowers are timed right this week.

MiniLaura
08-02-12, 10:37 AM
Violets are 2-day crops? :(

MiniLaura
08-02-12, 10:39 AM
Giraffe walkway looks nice--you can pretend that it's a stone walkway. Kind of pricey though.
Tiger bale--huh?
Elephants are 54 gems. Can't decide if that's worth it. I love elephants.

Also 2-day tree. boo.

bobbyrae
08-02-12, 10:43 AM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/72b80718.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/cc5e1180.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/97323788.jpg

Grumble grumble :mad:http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/5ac6a955.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/7e184b29.jpg

bobbyrae
08-02-12, 10:45 AM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/52c8e75c.jpg
:mad:

MiniLaura
08-02-12, 10:47 AM
so violets and the new tree are probably 36-hours, not two days. Improvement--but not much.

greygull
08-02-12, 10:56 AM
On Android, African Violets are 36 hours, as are the Pompon Trees

izzywizzy1955
08-02-12, 11:00 AM
Why can't i get new items. i have played this game for a long time, but lost it all when my phone died.

queentina3
08-02-12, 11:20 AM
Why can't i get new items. i have played this game for a long time, but lost it all when my phone died.

Do you have the latest version of Farm Story downloaded on your device? Are you only missing this weeks update? If only this weeks, than you may be a Tuesday update user this time around. If you're missing previous updates, uninstall/reinstall and see if they show up, if they don't, email support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

kooky panda
08-02-12, 11:21 AM

If you have a new device, you can email support@teamlava.com and they can find your games on your old storm ID and transfer them to your new device.

izzywizzy1955
08-02-12, 11:58 AM
Why do i have to reach a level before i can get the weekly "new" items. i had to start over when my phone died. i could not get all my hard work back. this is a rotten thing to do when it wasn't my fault that tl would not allow me to use my storm id.

shakiba
08-02-12, 12:00 PM
Nothing special.

sissy8
08-02-12, 12:12 PM
i don t believe it an elephant that belongs really in a farm what about doves, white goose, rats mouses, turtles, a special cow, ponnies, special chickens and i don t talk about a turkey:rolleyes::rolleyes:

pinkster73
08-02-12, 01:50 PM
Why do i have to reach a level before i can get the weekly "new" items. i had to start over when my phone died. i could not get all my hard work back. this is a rotten thing to do when it wasn't my fault that tl would not allow me to use my storm id.

You are completely misinformed. Read the answers people gave you.

DoubleZ
08-02-12, 01:55 PM
Elephants?

Why yes, because an African Safari FARM makes perfect sense! ~eye roll~

libbyjoyous
08-02-12, 03:19 PM
There are farms all over the world... jus sayin..
I like the elephants! I used to work at disneys animal kingdom driving the safari trucks... it was awesome! Elephants are awesome! Im excited!
Although idk what a tiger bale is... and tigers really arent from africa.. these elephants are. that looks like a mama... and she had tusks. Female asian elephants dont have tusks and only about half of all males do.. and her ears are small compared to whos?

lin77
08-02-12, 06:23 PM
I didn't get anything....nothing I liked or wanted! I don't want a safari farm! :(

MamaMini
08-02-12, 07:29 PM
Clearly a Zoo Story leftover week. At least my gems are safe.

pinkster73
08-02-12, 07:57 PM
I bought some trees and one giraffe square by accident. I bet yanochka could build something cool with the bales of dead tiger skin thingees.

lylahmae
08-02-12, 08:24 PM
Those are clearly ASIAN elephants what are they doing in a safari theme?

lylahmae
08-02-12, 08:27 PM
I bought some trees and one giraffe square by accident. I bet yanochka could build something cool with the bales of dead tiger skin thingees.
Tigers are also not safari. Doing minimal research would have helped.

DRL23411
08-02-12, 11:01 PM
Elephants?

I am a very big complainer about farm story updates but I just remembered that it played by people all around the world. Maybe their farm would have elephants. Fair is fair but we are falling behind.

DRL23411
08-02-12, 11:10 PM
I bought an android tablet about a month and have been playing farm story until this week I get a message about the resolution being wrong and can't play. WHY WOULD IT CHANGE? Can't change it on the tablet, so am I just out. Did the usual replace game and restart but no go. If TL changed the specs of the game then they are going backward.

yupiyupigumgum
08-03-12, 05:46 AM
to be friends with the dog in a yellow frock and the puppy in the raincoat is why and to hang out with the hula and limbo pigs! Plus the crab barn needed an occupant. And what is more fitting than a pair of elephants living in a crab shaped barn! :)

i hope the flowers are timed right this week. lol! Rofl!

queentina3
08-03-12, 06:11 AM
As much as I don't like 36 hour crops or trees, I must say both from this update are very pretty. My tree just bloomed and I'm waiting for the rest of the 36 hour ones to catch up before I harvest it, but I also don't want to harvest it, as it's pretty. :p

queentina3
08-03-12, 06:13 AM
Sorry, I don't mean it's ready to harvest yet, it's in that purple half-way stage and I wish it would just stay that way. LOL

pinkster73
08-03-12, 08:25 AM
I bought an android tablet about a month and have been playing farm story until this week I get a message about the resolution being wrong and can't play. WHY WOULD IT CHANGE? Can't change it on the tablet, so am I just out. Did the usual replace game and restart but no go. If TL changed the specs of the game then they are going backward.

Well in pet story they removed my surrounding neighborhood because it slowed game play on my "inferior device", then i upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus and guess what? Still inferior. So as far as their specs go, who knows. Oh i should add my kids ipods that are 4 years old were not "inferior".

queentina3
08-03-12, 08:44 AM
Well in pet story they removed my surrounding neighborhood because it slowed game play on my "inferior device", then i upgraded to a Galaxy Nexus and guess what? Still inferior. So as far as their specs go, who knows. Oh i should add my kids ipods that are 4 years old were not "inferior".

Drink the kool-aid pinkster, DRINK IT. :p

pinkster73
08-03-12, 10:18 AM
Drink the kool-aid pinkster, DRINK IT. :p

No way. Do you have any idea what it cost me to break my contract with 18 months left on it to get my new phone? $513685743 and a lock of my hair.

queentina3
08-03-12, 10:32 AM
No way. Do you have any idea what it cost me to break my contract with 18 months left on it to get my new phone? $513685743 and a lock of my hair.

Not your first born eh? :p

pinkster73
08-03-12, 11:13 AM
Not your first born eh? :p

No. He's a teenager. Not a highly requested item.

jlcook850
08-04-12, 06:42 AM
So sick of these goofy items that have nothing to do with farms.......want mine to look like farm not amusement park or zoo......how about new animals, buildings and crops that are realistic?

bobbyrae
08-04-12, 07:10 AM

Maybe they consider all android devices inferior?

WendingWanderer
08-04-12, 08:40 AM
Maybe they consider all android devices inferior?

Well, that was obvious.

But, WE don't have tap to manage.

queentina3
08-04-12, 09:21 AM
Well, that was obvious.

But, WE don't have tap to manage.

*blows raspberry at you*

Nice of you to rub that in. :p

J/K :)

pinkster73
08-04-12, 09:46 AM
Well, that was obvious.