PDA

View Full Version : Force Close

Benzgirl7
08-01-12, 04:20 PM
Is anyone else having problems? I couldnt get in my bakery last night after several attempts. I kept trying all through the evening and nothing. I was finally able to get on earlier today so I could trash my spoiled food and tip a few nbrs and it forced closed again. I have been able to get on a few times and every time the same thing happens. Now I have food ready and have been trying for the last 5 hours and still can't get on. I'm ready to remove this app and forget it but I think the game is fun.

kooky panda
08-01-12, 05:01 PM
What device do you play on? The current version of your device?
What is the version of the bakery game you are playing?
What happens when you try to get on? Are you getting an error message?

nmishii
08-01-12, 05:16 PM
It often takes me several times to get into my Farm, Restaurant, and Bakery. Then after playing awhile it'll force close. I checked the error message a couple of times and its an "Out of Memory" error. My games are on my SD card, and I clear caches on all 3 games before I start and still can't get in. I'll have 334MB free RAM before I start, which is comparable to my phone, so its not a memory issue.

I am on Android and on the latest version of all games. I dropped and broke my phone again and have been on a loaner smartphone since yesterday, and that is when the force closes began. OS v2.3.4. I have not had a problem on my phone, OS v2.3.6.

Benzgirl7
08-01-12, 06:11 PM
Version 1.3.6.05 and I play on android. It just says force close but doesnt really have an error message.

kooky panda
08-01-12, 06:28 PM
When you see force close or report- go to report then preview- do you get the out of memory error that nmishii was talking about?

Benzgirl7
08-01-12, 07:07 PM
I was finally able to get on but next time I will look. Thx for your help!!!

Benzgirl7
08-01-12, 07:47 PM
Back to force closing. I looked and out doesn't say anything about being out of memory. Any suggestions?

nmishii
08-01-12, 07:51 PM
The games also restart on its own and gives me the no internet connection error even though I know there is a good internet connection.

syrenas
08-02-12, 02:33 PM
Same problem happened to me. Im on ipad2, the game forceclose when i tried to visit certain neighbors and when trying to store cupcake painting

Benzgirl7
08-02-12, 05:06 PM
I was able to get on earlier long enough to serve my food and tip a few nbrs before it forced closed. Now I have been trying all day to get back on. I installed and reinstalled and that had done nothing. I have food going bad I can't get and nbrs I can't tip. I know its nothing with memory cause I can get into farm with no problem. Uf other people are complaining that this if happening to them why won't tl fix it?

eric_malmquist
08-02-12, 05:46 PM
Same problem. I keep getting the out of memory error, but unless the game takes 100+mb of space, there shouldn't be this problem. Blaming this on "memory" when our games have more than enough, and it has just recently started, is pathetic.

sweettooth6
08-04-12, 01:20 PM
It's definitely pathetic. Numerous people who are getting the Out of Memory error are reporting in other threads that they have tons of memory on their phones.

There also doesn't seem to be very much faith in TeamLava's tech support abilities. I myself have followed their advice numerous times (uninstalling, closing programs, etc) and the problem still doesn't fix itself.

shalla666
08-04-12, 02:45 PM
Same problem. I keep getting the out of memory error, but unless the game takes 100+mb of space, there shouldn't be this problem. Blaming this on "memory" when our games have more than enough, and it has just recently started, is pathetic.

That's not quite true. An "out of memory" error also occurs when a process goes into an infinite loop and eats up all the memory. You could have an infinite amount of memory, but a bad piece of programming could gobble it up and give you the same error. Same thing if the data is stored on the SD card. For example, I caught Restaurant Story still running in the background and refusing to close even though it looked like it did.

I had most of my problems hit just before the World Games update came out. I get 8.04 Mb of data down from Bakery Story just before I get the Force Close issue. Here is what is in the report:

Pkg Name com.teamlava.bakerystory
Pkg Version 29
Pkg Version Name 1.3.6.05
Process Name com.teamlava.bakerystory
System App False
Device cdma_shadow
Build id 4.5.1_57_DX8--51
Build Type user
Model DROIDX
Product shadow_vzw
SKD version 10
Release 2.3.4
Incremental version 120111
Codename REL

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Source method makeTable
Line Number 559

Looks like there is something in the executeApiCall(StormApi.java:153) at com.storm8.base. Last line is trying to run the app.

gettinbaked12
08-04-12, 03:19 PM
I play on android, the latest version I reinstalled today, not the world games, but the latest version. Have not gotten in after fifty tries. This is insane. Finally got in once and barely had two minutes before force close. Tried just now like thirty times, not getting in. I reinstalled even, not in once after reinstall. This is crazy. Food will spoil. I want to just delete for good because this is too frustrating. I want to play and I have to waste so much time just trying to,get in, this has been real bad for a few weeks but getting worse. FIX THIS! Seems like no,one believes it is a team lava issue, not our fault!

sweettooth6
08-04-12, 11:51 PM
Shalla: maybe you should get hired as tech support for TL. Sounds like you understand the problem!

gorl1220
08-05-12, 01:52 AM
ME too.. I want to access bakery.. but I can`t..I have no way to fix this thing. ㅠㅠ Timlaba does not ignore the problem, I hope to fix.

onthetown
08-05-12, 02:04 AM
Well folks I have bad news for android users. A family member of mine works at motorola and the ICS update is not compatible with several games. They are aware of the problem and working on it extensively but in some cases it may not be a team lava problem. Just keeping everyone posted..

nmishii
08-05-12, 02:41 AM
Well folks I have bad news for android users. A family member of mine works at motorola and the ICS update is not compatible with several games. They are aware of the problem and working on it extensively but in some cases it may not be a team lava problem. Just keeping everyone posted..

There are many of us not on a Motorola and having force closes and continuous or one-time resets. Even if there is a problem with the Motorola software, there is still a problem with the TL software. I am using Gingerbread on a HTC.