PDA

View Full Version : Contest Entry

Lipuro
07-31-12, 10:34 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at90528PM.png

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the complete guide to everything you need of Dragon Story! This guide is designed to walk through every corner of the game and to familiarize yourself with the mechanics and workings of how the game is properly played. Keep in mind that this game is big. Don't expect to master the ideas in a day. Practice does make perfect so please refer to this guide even if you have a slight doubt of something. You will be sure to have a wider understanding of Dragon Story.

Dragon Story is an exotic and unique game that features the world of dragons and their lives of evolving, breeding, and living in comfy habitats. Your job is to control how all of this is achieved and maybe to even discover some epic rare dragons that have rumored to fly the skies of the sky islands... With your dragons you receive a set income that is used to decorate your islands, grow food to feed your dragons, and construct visually appealing evolution temples, breeding dens and nests. You can even buy and upgrade habitats so your dragons have more room to roam! Let's get started on how to even begin all this!

WALKTHROUGH

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at91702PM.png

Upon opening the application, you will be greeted by the Dragon Mother. She introduces the land as the Dragon Isles and asks you to restore the land by filling them with dragons. With the Dragon Mother's help, you pretty much get the gist of how things work in Dragon Story . But let's explain it here anyway! In the image below you will see what your land looks like. Your first task is to add a fire dragon to your nest.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at92107PM.png

1. Go ahead and tap on your nest.
2. Select "add egg" on the bottom right of the screen.
3. Select "Fire Dragon" (This will cost 100 coins)

A Fire Dragon Egg will be placed in your nest. Patiently wait 30 seconds for the egg to hatch. Once the 30 seconds are up, your dragon is ready to hatch! But we first need to build a habitat. We can't let these dragons loose wandering around confused!

1. Tap on "market" on the bottom right of the screen.
2. Select "habitats" on the top right of the screen.
3. Select "Red Rocks" (This will cost 200 coins)

You now have to place the habitat. You are free to place it where ever you want. The color under that habitat MUST be green in order to place it properly. If the color under your habitat is red, then the habitat may be overlapping a path or a shrub. Tap on "place" and your habitat will start construction. The construction process takes time and we should not wait while we are in the middle of a walkthrough! Tap on your egg that is ready to hatch and select "finish habitat". This will cost some gold, (you are given 20 gold to start so don't worry about using it just yet.) Gold is an extremely valuable resource that you should use wisely. Let's continue with our dragons. Once the habitat is completed, tap on your dragon egg and select "place in habitat". Select your fire habitat to hatch your egg!

Dragons need food to grow. As your dragons grow, the more income is made.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at93825PM.png

1. Tap on your farm (see image above)
2. Select "plant" at the bottom right of the screen
3. Tap "plant" again to start growing your Impruberries.

Patiently wait 30 seconds for your Impruberries to grow. Alternatively you can select "harvest" at the bottom right of the screen to instantly harvest the food, but this will cost you some gold. Once the berries are ready to harvest, tap on your farm (it will have a little message saying "ready") to retrieve the food. Tap on your fire habitat and select your baby dragon at the bottom of the screen. You will be displayed information of your dragon. In this case, he is a level 1 dragon that produces 70 coins per hour. Let's increase this income by feeding him some food. Tap on "feed" at the bottom five times to level him to level 2. Go ahead and feed him the rest of the food that you have.

The Dragon Mother will then ask you to hatch a Forest Dragon. Like the Fire Dragon, tap on the nest and select "add egg". Select the Forest Dragon which will cost you 500 coins. Again like the Fire Dragon, your Forest Dragon will need a habitat to live in. Tap on the Market at the bottom right of the screen and build a Green Grove which will also cost 500 coins. Place the habitat where you see fit. This is where the Dragon Mother will leave you be to fill the islands with dragons.

Upon accepting your new position as a dragon caretaker, you will be given a series of "island goals" that will get you purple stars, coins, and food. Purple stars are the experience points that will help you level up. Your first task is to hatch your forest dragon that you incubated. Hatch your Forest Dragon and you will be awarded with purple stars and coins! Continue finishing island goals to help expand your island and to improve your dragons well being.

FURTHER INFORMATION

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at95809PM.png

The Evolution Temple: (Available at level 3) You may come to a point where your dragon will not accept any more food. This is because your dragon is ready to evolve into a larger and more husky dragon! To build an Evolution Temple, select the market and tap on "buildings" on the bottom right. Select the Evolution Temple and place it where you see fit. To evolve your dragon, tap on the dragon that you want to evolve and select "evolve". Once your dragon has reached level 10, he or she cannot evolve any further.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at100650PM.png

The Breeding Den: (Available at level 5) The breeding den is a private place where two level four or higher dragons can breed to produce hybrid dragon eggs. To build a Breeding Den, select the market and tap on "buildings" on the bottom right of the screen. Select the Breeding Den and place it where you see fit. To breed your dragons, tap on the Breeding Den and select "breed" at the bottom of the screen. There will be two columns, one on each side of the screen. Select one dragon on each side of the screen and and tap "breed". Remember a dragon MUST be level four or higher in order to breed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How can I buy a Magic Dragon if you can't buy it with coins, but only through gold?
A: Even through the Magic Dragon is seemingly a purebred dragon, you can breed it as a Rare dragon using Fire and Water dragons in the Breeding Den.

Q: Diamond Dragon!
A: The rarest of all the rares, this dragon can be bred with many different combinations. Some include: Scorpion+Serpent, Island+Firestorm. To help increase the odds, try breeding with your epic and hybrid dragons.

Q: I can't seem to get enough gold. What are my options on obtaining gold?
A: The only free way to get gold is to be gifted from your neighbors. Add as many people as you can and gift them gold yourself. To increase the likeliness of them gifting you back, write on their wall, accept all of the map requests they send, and play with their dragons. Let them know you are a loyal gold sender. The other option to obtain gold is to simply buy it in the market. The more gold you buy at once the better the deal is. There is also a secret way of obtaining gold... Every so often Team Lava will release a new app and advertise it as a goal. Complete the goal and you will be told to place a decoration as a goal. Complete this, and you may be rewarded more than 25 gold!

Q: Tips on increased income?
A: The obvious answer would be to say level up your dragons as high as you can get. There is a trick though on obtaining faster coins... Build as many Big Purple Gardens and breed as many Purple dragons as you can. Because of this, the habitats have the highest income storage and purple dragons seems to have higher income rates. Breed fire+purple hybrids as there are more rare dragons with those colors. The odds are you will breed a fast earner and you will be rich in no time.

Q: How can I level up faster?
A: Leveling up is a complicated process that only works through use of your coins. The basic truth is, the more you spend the faster you will level up. You can also earn Purple Stars by hatching dragons. To grind your levels up, buy and sell abandoned castles/dragon shrines since they are the most expensive in the market.

mattyboo1
08-01-12, 07:24 PM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at90528PM.png

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the complete guide to everything you need of Dragon Story! This guide is designed to walk through every corner of the game and to familiarize yourself with the mechanics and workings of how the game is properly played. Keep in mind that this game is big. Don't expect to master the ideas in a day. Practice does make perfect so please refer to this guide even if you have a slight doubt of something. You will be sure to have a wider understanding of Dragon Story.

Dragon Story is an exotic and unique game that features the world of dragons and their lives of evolving, breeding, and living in comfy habitats. Your job is to control how all of this is achieved and maybe to even discover some epic rare dragons that have rumored to fly the skies of the sky islands... With your dragons you receive a set income that is used to decorate your islands, grow food to feed your dragons, and construct visually appealing evolution temples, breeding dens and nests. You can even buy and upgrade habitats so your dragons have more room to roam! Let's get started on how to even begin all this!

WALKTHROUGH

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at91702PM.png

Upon opening the application, you will be greeted by the Dragon Mother. She introduces the land as the Dragon Isles and asks you to restore the land by filling them with dragons. With the Dragon Mother's help, you pretty much get the gist of how things work in Dragon Story . But let's explain it here anyway! In the image below you will see what your land looks like. Your first task is to add a fire dragon to your nest.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at92107PM.png

1. Go ahead and tap on your nest.
2. Select "add egg" on the bottom right of the screen.
3. Select "Fire Dragon" (This will cost 100 coins)

A Fire Dragon Egg will be placed in your nest. Patiently wait 30 seconds for the egg to hatch. Once the 30 seconds are up, your dragon is ready to hatch! But we first need to build a habitat. We can't let these dragons loose wandering around confused!

1. Tap on "market" on the bottom right of the screen.
2. Select "habitats" on the top right of the screen.
3. Select "Red Rocks" (This will cost 200 coins)

You now have to place the habitat. You are free to place it where ever you want. The color under that habitat MUST be green in order to place it properly. If the color under your habitat is red, then the habitat may be overlapping a path or a shrub. Tap on "place" and your habitat will start construction. The construction process takes time and we should not wait while we are in the middle of a walkthrough! Tap on your egg that is ready to hatch and select "finish habitat". This will cost some gold, (you are given 20 gold to start so don't worry about using it just yet.) Gold is an extremely valuable resource that you should use wisely. Let's continue with our dragons. Once the habitat is completed, tap on your dragon egg and select "place in habitat". Select your fire habitat to hatch your egg!

Dragons need food to grow. As your dragons grow, the more income is made.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at93825PM.png

1. Tap on your farm (see image above)
2. Select "plant" at the bottom right of the screen
3. Tap "plant" again to start growing your Impruberries.

Patiently wait 30 seconds for your Impruberries to grow. Alternatively you can select "harvest" at the bottom right of the screen to instantly harvest the food, but this will cost you some gold. Once the berries are ready to harvest, tap on your farm (it will have a little message saying "ready") to retrieve the food. Tap on your fire habitat and select your baby dragon at the bottom of the screen. You will be displayed information of your dragon. In this case, he is a level 1 dragon that produces 70 coins per hour. Let's increase this income by feeding him some food. Tap on "feed" at the bottom five times to level him to level 2. Go ahead and feed him the rest of the food that you have.

The Dragon Mother will then ask you to hatch a Forest Dragon. Like the Fire Dragon, tap on the nest and select "add egg". Select the Forest Dragon which will cost you 500 coins. Again like the Fire Dragon, your Forest Dragon will need a habitat to live in. Tap on the Market at the bottom right of the screen and build a Green Grove which will also cost 500 coins. Place the habitat where you see fit. This is where the Dragon Mother will leave you be to fill the islands with dragons.

Upon accepting your new position as a dragon caretaker, you will be given a series of "island goals" that will get you purple stars, coins, and food. Purple stars are the experience points that will help you level up. Your first task is to hatch your forest dragon that you incubated. Hatch your Forest Dragon and you will be awarded with purple stars and coins! Continue finishing island goals to help expand your island and to improve your dragons well being.

FURTHER INFORMATION

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at95809PM.png

The Evolution Temple: (Available at level 3) You may come to a point where your dragon will not accept any more food. This is because your dragon is ready to evolve into a larger and more husky dragon! To build an Evolution Temple, select the market and tap on "buildings" on the bottom right. Select the Evolution Temple and place it where you see fit. To evolve your dragon, tap on the dragon that you want to evolve and select "evolve". Once your dragon has reached level 10, he or she cannot evolve any further.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb317/Nickany21/ScreenShot2012-07-31at100650PM.png

The Breeding Den: (Available at level 5) The breeding den is a private place where two level four or higher dragons can breed to produce hybrid dragon eggs. To build a Breeding Den, select the market and tap on "buildings" on the bottom right of the screen. Select the Breeding Den and place it where you see fit. To breed your dragons, tap on the Breeding Den and select "breed" at the bottom of the screen. There will be two columns, one on each side of the screen. Select one dragon on each side of the screen and and tap "breed". Remember a dragon MUST be level four or higher in order to breed.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Q: How can I buy a Magic Dragon if you can't buy it with coins, but only through gold?
A: Even through the Magic Dragon is seemingly a purebred dragon, you can breed it as a Rare dragon using Fire and Water dragons in the Breeding Den.

Q: Diamond Dragon!
A: The rarest of all the rares, this dragon can be bred with many different combinations. Some include: Scorpion+Serpent, Island+Firestorm. To help increase the odds, try breeding with your epic and hybrid dragons.

Q: I can't seem to get enough gold. What are my options on obtaining gold?
A: The only free way to get gold is to be gifted from your neighbors. Add as many people as you can and gift them gold yourself. To increase the likeliness of them gifting you back, write on their wall, accept all of the map requests they send, and play with their dragons. Let them know you are a loyal gold sender. The other option to obtain gold is to simply buy it in the market. The more gold you buy at once the better the deal is. There is also a secret way of obtaining gold... Every so often Team Lava will release a new app and advertise it as a goal. Complete the goal and you will be told to place a decoration as a goal. Complete this, and you may be rewarded more than 25 gold!

Q: Tips on increased income?
A: The obvious answer would be to say level up your dragons as high as you can get. There is a trick though on obtaining faster coins... Build as many Big Purple Gardens and breed as many Purple dragons as you can. Because of this, the habitats have the highest income storage and purple dragons seems to have higher income rates. Breed fire+purple hybrids as there are more rare dragons with those colors. The odds are you will breed a fast earner and you will be rich in no time.

Q: How can I level up faster?
A: Leveling up is a complicated process that only works through use of your coins. The basic truth is, the more you spend the faster you will level up. You can also earn Purple Stars by hatching dragons. To grind your levels up, buy and sell abandoned castles/dragon shrines since they are the most expensive in the market. I love this you should so win

magsie26
08-12-12, 06:01 AM
Great infor, good luck in the competion

Lipuro
08-12-12, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the positive response guys, I'm crossing my fingers! :)

I'm also curious as to if I were to win, would I be able to edit the post to add on information as the game progresses?

kooky panda
08-12-12, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the positive response guys, I'm crossing my fingers! :)

I'm also curious as to if I were to win, would I be able to edit the post to add on information as the game progresses?

No you will not be able to edit, but the winner will have it stuck so whenever new items need to be added, you can PM a Moderator to edit for you.

Lipuro
08-12-12, 08:50 PM
Fair enough, thanks for the info. ^_^