PDA

View Full Version : abridges2010 FORCE CLOSING!

abridges2010
07-30-12, 10:32 AM
I'm not sure what's going on with my bakery but it force closes everytime I open it up! I can't cook so my food is going to spoil, I am losing neighbors because i can't tip! Thankfilly I was able to quickly get a chair in front of my door to close it......im ssssooooo frustrated! I have uninstalled and reinstalled my game and nothing seems to fix it!!! Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! My storm I'd is abridges2010

kooky panda
07-30-12, 10:49 AM
What device do you play on? What is the current Version of your device?

abridges2010
07-30-12, 10:54 AM
I am playing on my android HTC hero 2 and I'm pretty sure It's the newest version of the game because i uninstalled it and reinstalled! I'm on level 74 and have never had this problem before! I'm so irritated

kooky panda
07-30-12, 11:00 AM
Can you move the game to your SD card?
Try clearing the cache.
Make sure your HTC has the most current device version.(check for any device updates)

If you still cannot get into the game, send an email to support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

abridges2010
07-30-12, 11:11 AM
Ok, I moved it to my SD card and cleared the cache....got into my game and it is still not fixed! I sent the support group an email and they said they would let the engineering team know! I'll reply to that email and let them know what I tried and maybe that'll help the come up with a solution....thanks for you help

DaojinWildfire
07-30-12, 04:42 PM
What's the Exception error you are getting? You can view it by going to Report > Preview next time the app force closes. If the Exception error contains OutOfMemory, then your device does not have enough memory to run the app. Try closing all background applications and run the game again.

scp67
07-31-12, 11:30 AM
My bakery force closes constantly, also my restaurant and farm, but somehow my nightclub is fine. I am so tired of having to throw away food and waste money. I can try dozens of times in a row and still not get in. I have reinstalled and regularly clear caches. I saw the above post about the exceptipn error. I know there's anough memory because I checked and I have plenty left but I thought if I hit report and checked it that it might give some idea of what to do next. Well now I don't even get a force close, it just closes, no message, no nothing but back to the home screen. My id is scp67. I have a droid 3 with recent versions of everything. How can this stop!!????

jeanabeana
07-31-12, 12:54 PM
same problem here... but only on one of my devices. My tablet never force closes but my android phone, takes about a dozen tries befor it will open . wierd huh? I chalked it up to the game not being compatible with my phone since my tablet is an android device. Mine is on the sd card, lots of memory but just doesn't like to stay open. Just wasn't meant to be I suppose.

scp67
07-31-12, 01:41 PM
Yeah weird. I know mine is compatible though because it use to work fine. Im at level 96 in my bakery and if it was this big of a pain the whole time I would have gave up long ago.

lin77
08-01-12, 07:15 AM
A lot of players are having this issue since the Olympic update! I think everyone should uninstall the world games app and go back the the regular version! TL should not have come out with such a huge update on their already messed up servers! I have a lot of nbrs that cant even get in their games to play since this update! If I stay on long it will freeze up on me or will lag big time. I have to exit out & go back in. I wish I had the option to uninstall the world game app because I would but I have a kindle fire & it came to me as a weekly update. But I didn't have issues like this till the update! TL listen to your players...its your end that's at fault not us! You are losing a lot of players because of this! :(

mojicakes
08-01-12, 08:52 AM
I haven't been able to play either since the update. Just force closes on the loading screen like everyone posting on here. I don't know if TL is even trying to help us.

meeg0818
08-01-12, 07:01 PM
I'm having the same issue on my DROIDX and it is new since olympic update. Takes 12 tries to get in. Never had this before.

btammi1
08-04-12, 05:01 AM
I am having issues getting in as well. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the game. I play on the HTC G2.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

zenion
08-04-12, 06:58 AM
My bakery was fine last night, no problem getting in. This morning it constantly force closes before I even get into the game. It immediately starts trying to restart the game without any prompting from me and then force closes again. It doesn't even get far enough for the error screen to come up where I can report.

I'm on Android and using the latest version of everything.

jomyers23
08-04-12, 08:22 AM
Same issue here with forced close both on startup & during both RS & BS. Today, I can't get into the Main menu to do anything. My problem actually started with the Android Ice Cream Sandwich update. My error does state 'out of memory' but checked available ram & have over 340mb of ram available, which I would think is more than sufficient to run the programs. I have uninstalled/reinstalled. Restarted my Droid Razr. Stopped running apps like Weather & Maps etc, but still forcing close.

It seems like most of the posts are android devices. Maybe TL needs to look at the compatibility with ICS as well as Olympic update. I'm going to e-mail support & hope they may have resolution.

norcalheaven
08-04-12, 09:32 AM
Both my RS & BS were working yesterday, forcing closed once in awhile but this morning I can't get on to either. I have an Android as well. Getting sick and tired of being told to: uninstall the game, restart our phones, move the game, etc. None of this works for us!! They need to fix the games on their end!! Start listening to us please!!! Stop acting as though it's our phones fault!!

daddiette
08-04-12, 10:13 AM
Same here! Been playing for about 20 months - just about ready to give up. Really hate to quit, I loved the games but can't play anyway. DROIDX

norcalheaven
08-04-12, 10:24 AM
Same here! Been playing for about 20 months - just about ready to give up. Really hate to quit, I loved the games but can't play anyway. DROIDX

DROIDX as well. I have over 200 bloody gems sitting in there, if they want to "pay me out" with real cash for them, I'll quit. It makes me sad, I've been playing for so long! They "lost" my first bakery at level 80 and now I've worked to get to level 72!!! I love my neighbors, but this is too much!!! They fixed the issue of giving away whole items in R.S. immediately, so why won't they they fix this???

onthetown
08-04-12, 10:32 AM
Well this makes me feel better that the problem is consistent with androids. I have a razr maxx and I can't tell the timing difference between the ics update and the olympic update on bakery story. I've been playing and buying gems for a long time but if team lava doesn't care about losing android users business I'm happy to move on. I'm not wasting my loyalty on a company that only wants to please apple customers.

nmishii
08-04-12, 10:36 AM
The reloading seems to be happening to Android devices since this morning. I think it was between 1 and 2 am PDT for me. Here's a thread that references another thread on the same issue.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?33159-Can-t-get-on-Restaurant-Story

norcalheaven
08-04-12, 10:50 AM
Well this makes me feel better that the problem is consistent with androids. I have a razr maxx and I can't tell the timing difference between the ics update and the olympic update on bakery story. I've been playing and buying gems for a long time but if team lava doesn't care about losing android users business I'm happy to move on. I'm not wasting my loyalty on a company that only wants to please apple customers.

Agreed!

badoodie
08-04-12, 11:04 AM
Unable to open BS this a.m. Constantly reloading at the opening screen.

sweettooth6
08-04-12, 12:59 PM
Completely unable to open since yesterday (Droid X) and this has been problematic all week. I've had to make numerous attempts at a time on those days.

As I said elsewhere, this keeps happening every few months and Team Lava tech support are not fixing the problem. We've been told to uninstall, reinstall, restart, wait to touch entry pop-ups, close other operating programs -- but these have not solved the problem for numerous people.

Team Lava: Please stop introducing new games and focus on fixing the ones you have. There are serious tech issues with your game.

jomyers23
08-04-12, 04:22 PM
I have seen (and have subscribed to) no less than 7 threads on this issue. What absolutely amazes me is that not one TL moderator has posted anything on any of them! Go to any other type of thread & there is a moderator post somewhere in them.

TL: HELLO?!? Is there anybody out there?

sweettooth6
08-04-12, 11:40 PM
In one thread they said they have minimal support on weekends.

Even so, the advice they have given hasn't helped. So far tons of us have in uninstalled, reinstalled, restarted, closed other apps, switched BS to our sd cards, cleared our caches, deleted unused apps, checked our memory levels, waited for opening game screen pop-ups to load, etc. etc. etc. These things are not working and are a big waste of time for users.

Maybe if they think of it in terms of lost revenue they'll find the real problem & solution.

nmishii
08-05-12, 12:55 AM
What's the Exception error you are getting? You can view it by going to Report > Preview next time the app force closes. If the Exception error contains OutOfMemory, then your device does not have enough memory to run the app. Try closing all background applications and run the game again.

I've been getting constant force closing since Tuesday. Since about 1 or 2 am PDT Sat 8/4 the game has been resetting over and over and I have to reinstall in order to be able to try again. I have my games on the SD card and **** all tasks before I start a game. My device has 500MB RAM, and very few applications since its a loaner phone.

Here's the error I almost always get:

Exception class name : java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Source file : AbstractStringBuilder.java
Source method : enlarge buffer
line 95

Just how much are you enlarging the buffer? Could you be dynamically allocating a buffer using uninitialized/garbage data? We all don't have memory issues on our devices. Its your code.

A couple of times I got:

Source file : PixelBuffer.java
line 128

sweettooth6
08-05-12, 01:50 AM
Post of the day.

queentina3
08-05-12, 07:23 AM
I've been getting constant force closing since Tuesday. Since about 1 or 2 am PDT Sat 8/4 the game has been resetting over and over and I have to reinstall in order to be able to try again. I have my games on the SD card and **** all tasks before I start a game. My device has 500MB RAM, and very few applications since its a loaner phone.

Here's the error I almost always get:

Source file : AbstractStringBuilder.java
Source method : enlarge buffer
line 95

Just how much are you enlarging the buffer? Could you be dynamically allocating a buffer using uninitialized/garbage data? We all don't have memory issues on our devices. Its your code.

A couple of times I got:

Source file : PixelBuffer.java
line 128

It is their code that is the problem, you are so good nmishii. TL needs to fix the servers that are running the Android version of the games.

My husband works on servers for Fidelity (and has worked on others for the past 30 years) and the 'memory loss issue' that Androids are experiencing, is because TL's code has some type of a memory data leak in it. I used to have this issue on a game I played on my computer; there was a memory data leak in the java code that I had to force a change on, on my side as a patch, until the company could update their app online. They handled it quickly and efficiently, too bad TL is ignoring the problem this weekend. :(

norcalheaven
08-05-12, 07:48 AM
It is their code that is the problem, you are so good nmishii. TL needs to fix the servers that are running the Android version of the games.

My husband works on servers for Fidelity (and has worked on others for the past 30 years) and the 'memory loss issue' that Androids are experiencing, is because TL's code has some type of a memory data leak in it. I used to have this issue on a game I played on my computer; there was a memory data leak in the java code that I had to force a change on, on my side as a patch, until the company could update their app online. They handled it quickly and efficiently, too bad TL is ignoring the problem this weekend. :(

Thank you to nmishii & queentina3 for giving us the logical answer to what has been going on! Shame on T.L.

nmishii
08-05-12, 08:57 AM

I used to develop software. I've carelessly programmed in memory leaks before, and have run into memory leaks that others have programmed. But we caught and removed them well before we delivered to our customer.

kooky panda
08-06-12, 07:41 PM
Completely unable to open since yesterday (Droid X) and this has been problematic all week. I've had to make numerous attempts at a time on those days.

As I said elsewhere, this keeps happening every few months and Team Lava tech support are not fixing the problem. We've been told to uninstall, reinstall, restart, wait to touch entry pop-ups, close other operating programs -- but these have not solved the problem for numerous people.

Team Lava: Please stop introducing new games and focus on fixing the ones you have. There are serious tech issues with your game.

There was a force close fix pushed out over the weekend for android devices.
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if this fixes your issue.