PDA

View Full Version : Making more about s**** to get rarer dragons

connorjs
07-28-12, 02:01 PM
Hi there,

To start off with I would like to say that I am positively in love with this game, the graphics are smooth, the story is cute and the gameplay is great! I started playing about a week ago and have been hooked!

I have started to notice, while growing in the game, that it isn't very challenging to get rarer dragons like the 'serpent dragon'. The reason I think this is because well, I looked up a breeding guide and saw the diamond dragon, I thought, as a newbie, that it was probably this is a rare dragon that you can only get via breeding very specific things and that it would be really difficult. Well it is, to be honest, but it's more about luck than being a real mind bender. All you have to do is look up the breeding combo, get both and start breeding and hope something comes of it (okay it is harder than that, but what I mean is that it's a lot of luck).

My suggestion would be to add some more tactic and s**** to be required by, for example, making it so that a certain type of dragon can only be bred if it is the morning. Or if it is snowing, or even by saying you need a special item (such as a gem, or an amulet).

Which brings me to something else which just popped into my head: More character customisation. I love the cute little icons in Pet Hotel, and though the icons are equally nice in DS I miss some customisation. Like I said about the amulet, what if you have to be wearing a certain amulet or carry a certain flag to breed a rare dragon. That way it makes people try more things out and adds more s****.

Well that were the things I would like to say! For now I will carry on playing the brilliantly taylored game which lays before me, thank you very much!

-

connorjs
07-28-12, 02:04 PM
Hi there,

To start off with I would like to say that I am positively in love with this game, the graphics are smooth, the story is cute and the gameplay is great! I started playing about a week ago and have been hooked!

I have started to notice, while growing in the game, that it isn't very challenging to get rarer dragons like the 'serpent dragon'. The reason I think this is because well, I looked up a breeding guide and saw the diamond dragon, I thought, as a newbie, that it was probably this is a rare dragon that you can only get via breeding very specific things and that it would be really difficult. Well it is, to be honest, but it's more about luck than being a real mind bender. All you have to do is look up the breeding combo, get both and start breeding and hope something comes of it (okay it is harder than that, but what I mean is that it's a lot of luck).

My suggestion would be to add some more tactic and s**** to be required by, for example, making it so that a certain type of dragon can only be bred if it is the morning. Or if it is snowing, or even by saying you need a special item (such as a gem, or an amulet).

Which brings me to something else which just popped into my head: More character customisation. I love the cute little icons in Pet Hotel, and though the icons are equally nice in DS I miss some customisation. Like I said about the amulet, what if you have to be wearing a certain amulet or carry a certain flag to breed a rare dragon. That way it makes people try more things out and adds more s****.

Well that were the things I would like to say! For now I will carry on playing the brilliantly taylored game which lays before me, thank you very much!

-

Oh I spelt tailored wrong! Sorry, but I just had to correct myself and didn't see any edit button ^^'

rubyredrhum
07-28-12, 02:23 PM
I totally agree with you. Exact same thing I was thinking about.

What I was thinking more of is like, get a certain dragon from a dragon of certain name at a certain level
(Example: Life Dragon, FLAMBI, lvl 6 + Air Dragon, SHU, lvl 10 = can ONLY make Fruitful Dragon)... ofc other parent dragons can produce a fruitful dragon but there has to be specific names that can specifically produce a dragon.
other examples:
(Example: Life Dragon, FLAMBI, lvl 7 + Air Dragon, SHU, lvl 7 = can ONLY make Fairy Dragon)
(Example: Life Dragon, BLITZER, lvl 10 + Air Dragon, SHU, lvl 10 = can ONLY make Wild Dragon)

I kinda lost my interest playing this game after a few weeks, after I learned how it works. It all depends on luck just like the "Slot" game that was recommended for us to download earlier (which I think the stupidest game I ever played because it's almost like not a game...it just runs on luck..sorry if I say it's stupid, but it is)

...anyway, to me, it's getting boring because there's no goal at all....it's like lottery. Or maybe this game is intended to be like a lottery...lol if that was the case, I'm playing the wrong game. xD
Idk if they're going to take some suggestions but I doubt it. :( o well.

Zetra
07-28-12, 04:13 PM
Well,if that so,some people may be angry cause they don't won't it be complex,This should belong to new theme and Idea thread.They can see there more clearly

LUCASYAU
07-28-12, 11:34 PM
Things that TL can do to improve the (at present, horrible) Breeding mechanic:

A. Breeding chances are affected by Dragons levels ( Also serves as a purpose for Epic dragons to exist, besides aesthetic features and higher coin outputs. That's all we get from using 9000+ food most of us spend hours to grow and harvest)

B. Each Hybrid has one element that is more significant than the other ( for example an Eagle is Red + Yellow. The Eagle would have more Yellow elements than Red, which means that, if breeding a Firestorm and an Air, the elements in play are Red, Yellow and Yellow, the chance of getting an Eagle would be higher) This also makes players actually think before breeding ,considering that some Hybrids dominant element aren't particularly obvious.

C. TAKE AWAY THE LUCK FACTOR. JUST DO IT. PLEASE

connorjs
07-29-12, 12:41 AM
Good idea's and input! I will also move this to the idea's thread, or at least put a link there... Maybe we, or someone else, should create a big poll and see whether the majority likes or dislikes the luck factor...

LUCASYAU
07-29-12, 02:38 AM
Good idea's and input! I will also move this to the idea's thread, or at least put a link there... Maybe we, or someone else, should create a big poll and see whether the majority likes or dislikes the luck factor...

I'm fairly sure that everyone dislikes the luck factor. I'm also fairly sure that everyone has AT LEAST ONE dragon they either cannot get, or take forever to get. (Case in point? WIZAAAAAAAAAAARD....I actually got it already. AFTER 26 TRIES)

Kijame
07-29-12, 09:38 AM

A. Breeding chances are affected by Dragons levels ( Also serves as a purpose for Epic dragons to exist, besides aesthetic features and higher coin outputs. That's all we get from using 9000+ food most of us spend hours to grow and harvest)

B. Each Hybrid has one element that is more significant than the other ( for example an Eagle is Red + Yellow. The Eagle would have more Yellow elements than Red, which means that, if breeding a Firestorm and an Air, the elements in play are Red, Yellow and Yellow, the chance of getting an Eagle would be higher) This also makes players actually think before breeding ,considering that some Hybrids dominant element aren't particularly obvious.

All of these are excellent suggestions. Especially with the poor folks (myself included) that have their first evolution at level 3. We think twice before evolving anything, since it takes precious time that we could use to evolve something else...
It also means that we HAVE to evolve to breed something, so making eggs all about luck is just another roundhouse kick to the face of people who are already at a disadvantage...

LUCASYAU
07-29-12, 10:02 AM
All of these are excellent suggestions. Especially with the poor folks (myself included) that have their first evolution at level 3. We think twice before evolving anything, since it takes precious time that we could use to evolve something else...
It also means that we HAVE to evolve to breed something, so making eggs all about luck is just another roundhouse kick to the face of people who are already at a disadvantage...

Just a heads up, if you want to Epic a dragon, make sure it isn't one of the Basic element dragons/common/WILD DRAGON. Just isn't worth the food. Unless they implement the whole "Level affects breeding chance". With the probability levels being very slim. And I mean VERY SLIM. Because TL never actually implements anything recommended by the players. Whether they're good or bad.

foxxiegirl
07-29-12, 12:00 PM
I know everybody is different and has an opinion. You guys all make good points, but myself...i'd hate the game if it was s**** based. I enjoy the "Luck" or "Chance" of the draw. If i knew what i was going to get for sure each time because i had all of the pieces of the puzzle or bred at a specific time it wouldn't be any fun for me. I love tossing the dragons in the den and when i get a rare or better going WOOT WOOT lol. In the same turn i do pout when i get something i didn't want or have a million of, but it makes the good ones feel all the better to me. It's like getting a little present (and who doesn't love a good present lol).

Kijame
07-29-12, 05:08 PM
Just a heads up, if you want to Epic a dragon, make sure it isn't one of the Basic element dragons/common/WILD DRAGON. Just isn't worth the food. Unless they implement the whole "Level affects breeding chance". With the probability levels being very slim. And I mean VERY SLIM. Because TL never actually implements anything recommended by the players. Whether they're good or bad.

Well, my plan was to have one epic of each of the basic dragons. Originally, my ultimate goal was to have one habitat for each Species with 3 epics each, alas, with the LIMIT of 25, that won't happen. As of this moment, I'm not entirely sure if I'll bother investing my time in expanding and clearing if there's no proper use for the space...

And yes, so far I haven't seen any suggestions (aside from the "new items/pets" ideas) getting anything more than mild consideration, which is sad. This forum initially made me think that user opinions -really- matter. I mean, I can understand why they won't let us meddle with their financial setup, however, there's no logical sense whatsoever in having different prices on different devices (even if it's the same user and all). That sort of thing I will never understand...
I really can't help my impression that all suggestions get trashed with the words "we'll pass this on to the staff for consideration", and I'm sorry if I'm wrong. I just think that instead of tossing out clone after clone they should fix existing issues and concerns. At that point I would more than consider spending real money. With most of the games showing clear limitations as you reach the upper levels however, I see no reason to invest my hard-earned money in something that has no future. (Prime example, the 'old' City Story.) Since you only have your one account/ID, the replay value is non-existent as well. Most of the TL games I download for the gem goals and delete asap upon reaching said goal. Of course those goals are sneaky enough in that they help TL hit the charts in the appstore and all, however, I suppose it's a legi means of advertisement, given that the game (in theory) requires no money to enjoy.

I digress though. I too wish that TL would show that user concerns and critique don't just land in the proverbial litter bin. I think the most written complaint in these forums is that we all feel that our voices go unheard.

mattyboo1
07-29-12, 05:20 PM
They need to increase the habitat limit I'm just going off my first island and already reached the limit

DragonmasterC99
06-20-13, 10:42 AM
I totally agree with you. Exact same thing I was thinking about.

What I was thinking more of is like, get a certain dragon from a dragon of certain name at a certain level
(Example: Life Dragon, FLAMBI, lvl 6 + Air Dragon, SHU, lvl 10 = can ONLY make Fruitful Dragon)... ofc other parent dragons can produce a fruitful dragon but there has to be specific names that can specifically produce a dragon.
other examples:
(Example: Life Dragon, FLAMBI, lvl 7 + Air Dragon, SHU, lvl 7 = can ONLY make Fairy Dragon)
(Example: Life Dragon, BLITZER, lvl 10 + Air Dragon, SHU, lvl 10 = can ONLY make Wild Dragon)

I kinda lost my interest playing this game after a few weeks, after I learned how it works. It all depends on luck just like the "Slot" game that was recommended for us to download earlier (which I think the stupidest game I ever played because it's almost like not a game...it just runs on luck..sorry if I say it's stupid, but it is)

...anyway, to me, it's getting boring because there's no goal at all....it's like lottery. Or maybe this game is intended to be like a lottery...lol if that was the case, I'm playing the wrong game. xD
Idk if they're going to take some suggestions but I doubt it. :( o well.

I think you may be partially correct, but the dragon you get is not based off order or level you put the dragons in the breeding den. For example, i put epic titan and lv 6 water in breeding den to get charm. I tried the combination again and ended up with athletic. Breed charm and water together a few times and you will end up with a variety of dragons.

DragonmasterC99
06-20-13, 10:47 AM

B. Each Hybrid has one element that is more significant than the other ( for example an Eagle is Red + Yellow. The Eagle would have more Yellow elements than Red, which means that, if breeding a Firestorm and an Air, the elements in plauy are Red, Yellow and Yellow, the chance of getting an Eagle would be higher) This also makes players actually think before breeding ,considering that some Hybrids dominant element aren't particularly obvious.

I agree, but i dont think chances of getting a dragon should be based off levels. What if someone just does not want ALL their dragons epic (like me!) but in order to get a dragon they eant, they have to have a dragon they dont want to evolve in epic form? Plus, what if this person doesnt have the space to make duplicate dragons? That would cause a problem.

kooky panda
06-20-13, 02:37 PM
This is an older suggestion thread.

Closing.