PDA

View Full Version : Is mystery neighbor Stormie dangerous to my phone & personal information?

sunnyazchica
07-28-12, 12:04 PM
Since Stormie showed up with the games crash, is he safe? Did someone hack into TL while the games were down and add him? I am worried since TL has not responded to anyone. I wonder if I should even be playing the games or if it could be doing something to my phone or stealing info off my phone.

I tried opening Stormie's game on BS and it couldn't open his game, which concerns me even more, so I have not touched him in the other games. And he left this message on my wall on each game, which is totally false:

"sorry I just found ur message n added u into my new restaurant (not this one) sorry again"

It could be something that TL thought might be fun to have someone figure out, but it is not funny after the crash and all the continued issues since that the games are having.

I use BS, RS & FS. I am wondering if I need to remove the games to be safe or not, especially since I can't find any responses from TL in the forums.

sweetstuff525
07-28-12, 12:13 PM
Well tl added him ... No one else ... I think it's safe... But wow I haven't seen stormie post on someone's wall

mattyboo1
07-28-12, 12:18 PM
Stormie doesn't leave message

bigbux3
07-28-12, 12:25 PM
Just think of Stormie as new content. He has nothing to do with the latest game problems. He didn't "hack" anything. TeamLava put him into our neighbor's list. Plus, he's Storm8's mascot. How can he "hack" his own game?

sweetstuff525
07-28-12, 12:25 PM
Well out of curiosity I added you in restaurant ... You can decline if you want....and that message you said "stormie" wrote is not from stormie it's from a restaurant friend..... So why did you feel like you had to say its from stormie which it's not?

sunnyazchica
07-28-12, 12:36 PM
Because that message coincided with the arrival of Stormie in all 3 of my games. And the store name that wrote that note and claims to have added me doesn't exist as my neighbor in any 3 of the games. it is nothing personal. Just a lot of supsicous activity all around the time of the crash.

sweetstuff525
07-28-12, 12:38 PM
Because that message coincided with the arrival of Stormie in all 3 of my games. And the store name that wrote that note and claims to have added me doesn't exist as my neighbor in any 3 of the games. it is nothing personal. Just a lot of supsicous activity all around the time of the crash.

He could have gotten your I'd from the forum just like I did

oceangal23
07-28-12, 12:46 PM
Since Stormie showed up with the games crash, is he safe? Did someone hack into TL while the games were down and add him? I am worried since TL has not responded to anyone. I wonder if I should even be playing the games or if it could be doing something to my phone or stealing info off my phone.

I tried opening Stormie's game on BS and it couldn't open his game, which concerns me even more, so I have not touched him in the other games. And he left this message on my wall on each game, which is totally false:

"sorry I just found ur message n added u into my new restaurant (not this one) sorry again"

It could be something that TL thought might be fun to have someone figure out, but it is not funny after the crash and all the continued issues since that the games are having.

I use BS, RS & FS. I am wondering if I need to remove the games to be safe or not, especially since I can't find any responses from TL in the forums.

Yes, its dangerous. Since this ID just appeared on my story games all my phones,iopds, and ipad have slowed way down and connections keep going out. Becareful. It's ruining all my electrionics

MommaLouKC
07-28-12, 12:55 PM
Well I'm not happy that stormie has 3 diamond dragons and one in the nest. Why is he so special? Why does he need so many diamond dragons ? Share the wealth TL!! Give all of stormie's neighbors a diamond dragon!

mrsmajestic
07-28-12, 12:56 PM
I don't know who it is, but I didn't accept an invite and I'm unable to delete "Stormie". My neighbor list should be MY prerogative and not TL's or anyone else's. What's the purpose, spy? I feel invaded!

bigbux3
07-28-12, 01:02 PM
Yes, its dangerous. Since this ID just appeared on my story games all my phones,iopds, and ipad have slowed way down and connections keep going out. Becareful. It's ruining all my electrionics

It's not Stormie who is causing the problems. There is something wrong with TeamLava's servers. We've had glitches 3 days in a row. Before Stormie was added as a neighbor.

ButterPanda
07-28-12, 05:58 PM
"Stormie" is a computer-controlled neighbor that has been added to the game by TeamLava. He is NOT a bug nor is he a hack. As a neighbor he currently can not be removed, though Stormie is able to be visited each day, and will grant requests for Parts if you haven't reached your daily max (please note that this doesn't happen right away). Also, Stormie he can not be Gifted at this time, and you are not able to write on his wall.

guamborn
07-28-12, 09:25 PM
My thoughts exactly! I have my suspicions..maybe it's better if I just delete my games to be sure.

bigbux3
07-28-12, 09:27 PM
"Stormie" is a computer-controlled neighbor that has been added to the game by TeamLava. He is NOT a bug nor is he a hack. As a neighbor he currently can not be removed, though Stormie is able to be visited each day, and will grant requests for Parts if you haven't reached your daily max (please note that this doesn't happen right away). Also, Stormie he can not be Gifted at this time, and you are not able to write on his wall.

I tried to tell 'em BP. But they didn't listen. Yup. See. I spoke the truth!

SweetTreats7777
07-28-12, 09:45 PM

So what is the purpose of adding him? And why can't an explanation be put on everyone's wall to at least explain?

bigbux3
07-28-12, 09:49 PM
So what is the purpose of adding him? And why can't an explanation be put on everyone's wall to at least explain?

That's the old TeamLava. And as feedback, they've lost communication between them and their customers. It's sad and hopefully one day it can be restored.

SweetTreats7777
07-28-12, 10:11 PM
I think I'm going to take a break for a while. I don't like things like this...too much going on with these games.

kooky panda
07-30-12, 02:41 PM
Stormie:
Annoucement: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...569#post363569 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?32774-Meet-your-new-neighbor-Stormie!&p=363569#post363569)
Feedback thread: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthrea...ighbor-Stormie (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?32775-Meet-your-new-neighbor-Stormie)!