PDA

View Full Version : Force close number 10

eric_malmquist
07-27-12, 01:35 PM
Well my Bakery Story has offically force closed 10 times in a row. I am no longer able to open my game, as it just constantly continues to load and then force closes. I am pretty much fed up with this game. I'm running Android, and wondering if iOS players are having this many problems. I've posted this many times before and nothing has happened. I use to be able to handle 2 or 3 force closes, because then my game would load. But now it is no longer loading.

lilkeeks
07-27-12, 01:52 PM
I've been having the same problem (Android too)...my bakery constantly force closes throughout the day. Once it loads after multiple tries then I can be on about 10 straight minutes before it force closes again. It is getting annoying....I am close to closing up shop for good.

eric_malmquist
07-27-12, 01:56 PM
I have just now finally been able to get the game up and running. TeamLava really needs to fix the game. This has been going on for far too long.

lola1190
07-27-12, 02:14 PM
I've been playing Bakery Story for about 4 months and never experienced the force closing problem until this past 2 weeks.

3squares
07-27-12, 02:47 PM
I'm playing on iOS. Game is constantly losing connectivity with TL servers, tells me that the game requires an Internet connection, and to try again later. It is "processing" for extended time in rendering neighbor list, or going to another bakery. It often "hangs" when attempting these tasks, and then boots me out, but sometimes it just boots me out when I'm not doing anything but looking at my bakery.

mattyboo1
07-27-12, 02:49 PM
[QUOTE=eric_malmquist;361184]Well my Bakery Story has offically force closed 10 times in a row. I am no longer able to open my game, as it just constantly continues to load and then force closes. I am pretty much fed up with this game. I'm running Android, and wondering if iOS players are having this many problems. I've posted this many times before and nothing has happened. I use to be able to handle 2 or 3 force closes, because then my game would load. But now it is no longer loading.[/QUOTE
10 times are you serious that is a really bad bug then

azzuri924
07-27-12, 03:16 PM
I'm playing on iOS. Game is constantly losing connectivity with TL servers, tells me that the game requires an Internet connection, and to try again later. It is "processing" for extended time in rendering neighbor list, or going to another bakery. It often "hangs" when attempting these tasks, and then boots me out, but sometimes it just boots me out when I'm not doing anything but looking at my bakery.

Having the same exact problem. It's exasperating when it takes several hrs to get through all my neighbors in the four games I play.

winstons93
07-27-12, 04:30 PM

This is exactly what I'm experiencing.

aamity
07-27-12, 04:49 PM

The same thing has been happening to me.

robind30
07-27-12, 04:49 PM
My son and I play on two different android phones and we deal with force close issues on both. We've both restarted and uninstalled/reinstalled with no luck. It's very frustrating when it takes 10-15 minutes just to get the game started and then it force closes yet again.

DaojinWildfire
07-27-12, 05:04 PM
What's the Exception error you're getting? When it force closes, select Report > Preview. Then scroll down and check what it says for "Exception class name". If you see "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError," then your device crashed because it ran out of memory.

Be sure to close all background applications before you start the game to ensure your device has enough memory.

qtmomma
07-27-12, 05:17 PM
I have had MULTIPLE problems...force close everytime i try to start up FS, RS, or BS. Also, I can't view a lot of my shop. It has the loading asterisk in the item's place....this is very annoying. I can't view any of my new items! They are going to lose ppl if they don't fix these issues....it's getting ridiculous. I was going to buy gems for all 3 games, but probably not until they get it fixed. The glitch of wanting to store something, to have something else get sold is getting old too. I had one of the BS Candy jar items (giant orange gummi bear) and it disappeared when i tried to just store an appliance which was not even close to it....ridiculous!!! FIX THIS GUYS!!!

qtmomma
07-27-12, 05:18 PM
OH and i close EVERYTHING before starting any of my games

ritz131
07-27-12, 05:20 PM

Couldn't have put my problems in better words. I'm having this problem in both my devices and it becomes frustrating sometimes especially when I don't have much time and am busy.

eric_malmquist
07-27-12, 09:30 PM
What's the Exception error you're getting? When it force closes, select Report > Preview. Then scroll down and check what it says for "Exception class name". If you see "java.lang.OutOfMemoryError," then your device crashed because it ran out of memory.

Be sure to close all background applications before you start the game to ensure your device has enough memory.

I seem to be having the out of memory problem. Funny thing is, I just cloed practically every apllication possible that is running, and Bakery Story still isn't loading. Any idea on how to make room for memory?

eric_malmquist
07-27-12, 09:32 PM
cloed, apllication

closed, application

Sorry for the typos, on my phone :P

mmmmmatt
07-27-12, 09:39 PM

But this only started happening recently. Before, TL games would take about 20MB memory. Now I am noticing they tend to exceed 50MB and that causes these Out of Memory exceptions. Something changed...

eric_malmquist
07-28-12, 04:57 AM
It just took me another 8 tries to open the game. Looks like I might have to close up shop.

stitcherla
07-28-12, 05:53 AM
This game is getting more annoying. First, the carpy neighour "stormie's bakery", then the force close problem. Now the programme takes forever to reload. I'm pretty sure the root cause is not memory. Can TL support guys look into the issue more seriously and give us sensible solutions?

Potatocat
07-28-12, 07:14 AM
I just don't understand, it never used to be quite this bad and I've been playing for several months now.

It got better for a few days... Then downhill again. I am getting the lack of memory error report but what on eearth....i removed all my photos and music, moved all aps to a memory card and STILL fcs up the wazoo!!!!

I know for a fact that tl listens.. I emailed them not very long ago and asked if they could bring back the ice cream bar, which they did in rs ("freezer")!! :-D so why can't they listen now with a massive issue that is driving people away?? :(

these games are crying out for more efficiency to boot - automatic tipping buttons, collect buttons,a wall button, next neighbor button, and everything just takes so long! And don't even get me started on those clones that drag things to a halt! :*( team lava please make this game FUN again!

MomsHouseofSweets
07-28-12, 07:31 AM
I get the Force Close a lot ... and I mean a lot. My game also just restarts from the "home" screen on my device. Out of sync is still a major problem as well. I have re-installed many, many, many times but that doesn't help. Yes, I use Wi Fi, but it shows 99 to 100%. I have a current version, so that's not the problem. This has been going on for a long time now.

sanjhiyan
07-28-12, 05:21 PM

I get the same error on my Droid X. I checked my memory. I have 160 MB of available RAM. You're telling me that Bakery Story is trying to use up more than 160 MB of RAM when starting up, and that's the reason for the force close?

I already restarted my device, and I'm still getting the same force close error. Are you going to tell me to uninstall and reinstall the application next? Because telling us to restart our devices and/or reinstalling the application EVERY TIME is getting old. When will TL admit that there is a memory leak issue?

koala23farm
07-28-12, 05:55 PM
i have the same problem, i have to delete and reinstall a dozen times

OriginalBlond
07-29-12, 11:59 PM
I don't have an option to do that. Only the force close button. I am on Android and the game force closes 5-6 times before I cab get on and then if force closes about 10 minutes into the game. It's doing this on RS and FS. I never had the problem before and I just uninstalled a bunch of unused apps.

OriginalBlond
07-30-12, 12:01 AM
I was referring to Daojin' comment btw.

Potatocat
07-30-12, 03:46 AM
Any answers from TL or are they going to continue ignoring this MASSIVE issue???!

Does TL have any idea that constantly uninstalling /reinstalling an app is not only ineffective, but also completely laughable? No competent company in their right mind would think that such an app would be an acceptable product!

I mean if I had to pay $5 or such for a superior version of these apps to cover better programming, I'd do it! I think many others would too!!

You know, I am going to be transferring both rs and bs to a brand new 64gig ipad 3 soon. Very curious to see how they work then. Lol.

Damamarules
07-30-12, 01:16 PM
I am on Android and mine force closes at least six times a day. It never used to be this bad until recently. What did TL change? Both of my daughters are on iOS devices and never have this issue. TL needs to stop neglecting their Android users!!

habanero89
07-30-12, 03:38 PM
I am on Android and mine force closes at least six times a day. It never used to be this bad until recently. What did TL change? Both of my daughters are on iOS devices and never have this issue. TL needs to stop neglecting their Android users!!
Um, I'm using an iOS device and have the same problem (definitely getting worse). Same for many others using iOS devices. Not saying Android do or don't get neglected, just that this doesn't need to be turned into an Android vs. iOS debate.
Having said that I am getting so sick of this issue!! I asked for advice from support and was told to visit a neighbour first thing when opening the app! How does that solve the problem? (I tried it and it didn't work btw). With the prices doubling too I am seriously thinking of uninstalling for good.

SwankyWanky
08-04-12, 04:46 PM
I have tried to play RS & BS at least 30 times today, every time with. A force close / out of memory error. I have tried all of the solutions recommended by TL, deleted half of my apps, ****ed all running processes & services, re-installed numerous tiof the mes, and I just can no longer get in to the games. I have over 600 MB of memory available on my phone, so I am just not buying this business about not having enough memory being the cause of the problem when all of my other apps run just fine. So I'm done. If Team Lava is even bothering to read this, you have lost another paying customer because you did not fix this memory leak problem. I'm just sorry that I could not get in one last time to explain to my neighbors what happened and to say goodbye. Signing off, SwankyWanky

gorl1220
08-04-12, 08:27 PM
Me too.. ㅠㅠ
I am no longer able to access my bakery. and restraunt.

My IOS version is Android.
After updating Stomie, I'm no longer allowed to play Bakery Story. I'm force closes at the game loading screen.

I have food to finish, tips to collect, and neighbors to tip.
The game won't even load anymore. Sometimes if I uninstall and reinstall. I was

able to deal with 2 or 3 before the game opened, but now no matter how many
times I try to open the app, it's a constant force close.
Bakery story application is stop.
Now I can`t play the game.
All teamlava`s games can`t access the game.

Why this happens is to occur?
I would like to know how to solve.

My IOS version is Android

GAME is Bakery Story. and Restraunt Story..
I want to play the game.

When the game correctly what I can do?
Please solve the problem quickly.
I want a definitive answer.

wheatyfree
08-04-12, 11:07 PM
This has been happening to me since 15:30 UK time yesterday. Its 07:00 now and I am still unable to start either my bakery or restaurant story! I'm glad its not just me but if it goes on I'll have to hang up my pinnie for good!

sweettooth6
08-05-12, 12:16 AM
Any answers from TL or are they going to continue ignoring this MASSIVE issue???!

Does TL have any idea that constantly uninstalling /reinstalling an app is not only ineffective, but also completely laughable? No competent company in their right mind would think that such an app would be an acceptable product! , Lol.

Well said!

onthetown
08-05-12, 02:12 AM
Problem likely is with recent Motorola software update. Motorola is aware of incompatibility issue and they are working on it.

nmishii
08-05-12, 02:38 AM
Problem likely is with recent Motorola software update. Motorola is aware of incompatibility issue and they are working on it.

I'm having issues and am using an HTC. There is most likely a problem with the TL software.