PDA

View Full Version : Gifting Parts & Parts Requests

3squares
07-27-12, 12:12 PM
I'm making this a separate thread as it applies to the game overall, not just to World Game Goals:

About the gifts: I've been playing RS for over a year, and been using the forums almost as long. I believe I am correct as to when things re-set, UNLESS there are different rules for each game.

In RS, you can only send one part request per neighbor per 24-hours, the 24-hours commencing when u send the request.

This was the case after a major update, can't remember which one. At the time of the update, a new feature was, when you click "ask friends", your neighbor list popped up and ALL of your neighbors were checked.

I never bothered to uncheck the boxes and sent the request to all 160+ of my neighbors. I never had a problem with being able to send the next request unless it was less than 24 hours since my FIRST request. I understand that the gift max is 40 per day: 20 neighbor-originated gifts, and 20 in response to a "part request".

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?22297-Tips-System-Gift-Send-System-Gift-Request-System-refresh-time

However I have NOT noticed that parts continue to pour in for 9+ days without renewed requests, which would be the case with as many neighbors as I have, if parts requests float around in cyberspace indefinitely. But maybe I'm just not as observant as I could be.

So, can a mod please answer: are the gifting systems in BS the same as RS? That is, do direct gifts from neighbors and responses to a request run on different clocks? Also, do responses to parts requests stack up indefinitely in cyberspace?

For example, if I have 200 neighbors, and I ask ALL of them for Paint, and ALL of them magically respond that day, will I receive 20 Paint per day for the next 10 days?

Thanks.

The rules might be different in BS, that is why I'm asking. One difference I note is that when you send gift request in RS, ALL neighbors boxes are pre-checked (unless this has changed recently). In BS, NO boxes are pre-checked.

Moderator, thanks for answering these questions.

winstons93
07-27-12, 04:33 PM
I'm not getting parts as quickly as I was before, either.