PDA

View Full Version : Android Issues

dragonlord196
07-27-12, 09:27 AM
Storm ID - dragonlord196
Island Name -Hobbiton
Device Type - HTC Thunderbolt (Ver 2.11.605.19)
OS - Android 2.3.4

Issue 1

- Game Play and Islands load VERY SLOW. Does not matter wether WiFi, 3G or 4G connection. Dragons do not show up at all or take exteremly long time to load, especially on islands with many dragons (more than 3 or 4). Screen also locks often when moving around islands and takes several seconds before becoming responsive again.

Issue 2

- If a habitat or other item is selected, the only way to unselect it, thereby revealing the Menu and Market Icons, is by scrolling the island. ie, just tapping on a unoccupied area of island does not clear the selected item like it does on the iPad.

Issue 3

- News Feed does not show any visitors to island. The only way to tell who visited your island is if they leave a post on your wall. News feed does seem to diaplay Gifts and Neighbor Requests properly.

Issue 4

- Overview Menu Item defaults to Profile Page and not Wall like it does on iPad.

Issue 5

- When visiting an island and tapping the Social Icon, the Back Arrow is missing from the upper left corner of the Social dialog box allowing you to get back to the Main Menu dialog box. Only way to return to your own wall or news feed is by returning to your own island

Issue 6

- Numerous Force Closes, happens too often to determine what is causing. Seems to happen randomly. Also, game will restart randomly withouh having crashed.

I play this game on my iPad and LOVE IT. Would really LOVE to play it on my Android as well.

pinkster73
07-27-12, 10:24 AM
So these actually aren't android issues, because there's no dragon story for android. Or have i been in a coma?

SnoEternal
07-27-12, 10:30 AM
So these actually aren't android issues, because there's no dragon story for android. Or have i been in a coma?

Dragon Story is available to android now:)

pinkster73
07-27-12, 11:41 AM
Dragon Story is available to android now:)

What? Since when? See? I WAS in a coma!

SnoEternal
07-27-12, 01:39 PM
What? Since when? See? I WAS in a coma!
lol I dont remember the exact day it came out but I remember someone made a thread about it. Might have been earlier this week or late last week. Unfortunately, it doesnt open on my android ): ..just kicks me out on loading screen but i think it works for most people :)

Tempete8
07-27-12, 02:02 PM
It works great for me. :)

ButterPanda
07-27-12, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Ill pass these suggestions on to our devs.

FredsFarmm
08-09-12, 08:29 AM
I downloaded on my Kindle Fire last evening and love it. But whenever I go through the processing step it is very very very sloooowww.

FredsFarmm
08-13-12, 12:58 PM
Processing is still agonizingly slow. But the biggest problem for me is the planting process. The screen jumps at each step and with 6 farms I feel like I'm developing Tourettes.

I have a Kindle Fire. Love the game but planting food is a nightmare.

sibeipekchek
08-13-12, 05:13 PM
Storm ID - dragonlord196
Island Name -Hobbiton
Device Type - HTC Thunderbolt (Ver 2.11.605.19)
OS - Android 2.3.4

Issue 1

- Game Play and Islands load VERY SLOW. Does not matter wether WiFi, 3G or 4G connection. Dragons do not show up at all or take exteremly long time to load, especially on islands with many dragons (more than 3 or 4). Screen also locks often when moving around islands and takes several seconds before becoming responsive again.

Issue 2

- If a habitat or other item is selected, the only way to unselect it, thereby revealing the Menu and Market Icons, is by scrolling the island. ie, just tapping on a unoccupied area of island does not clear the selected item like it does on the iPad.

Issue 3

- News Feed does not show any visitors to island. The only way to tell who visited your island is if they leave a post on your wall. News feed does seem to diaplay Gifts and Neighbor Requests properly.

Issue 4

- Overview Menu Item defaults to Profile Page and not Wall like it does on iPad.

Issue 5

- When visiting an island and tapping the Social Icon, the Back Arrow is missing from the upper left corner of the Social dialog box allowing you to get back to the Main Menu dialog box. Only way to return to your own wall or news feed is by returning to your own island

Issue 6

- Numerous Force Closes, happens too often to determine what is causing. Seems to happen randomly. Also, game will restart randomly withouh having crashed.

I play this game on my iPad and LOVE IT. Would really LOVE to play it on my Android as well.

I also a android user but due to all the above I transfer back to iPod.. 1 more to highligh ur issue!! That's no goals or mission for android that's partly reason don't want to play on android.. Still not stable yet..

pinkster73
08-13-12, 08:44 PM
Processing is still agonizingly slow. But the biggest problem for me is the planting process. The screen jumps at each step and with 6 farms I feel like I'm developing Tourettes.

I have a Kindle Fire. Love the game but planting food is a nightmare.

Excellent description. I couldn't handle the tourettes.

FredsFarmm
08-14-12, 09:16 AM
Collected a few coins in the middle of the night and the screen jumped violently. Between the jump and having developed Tourettes I almost fell. An emergency room trip would have been difficult to explain. It would be easier to confess to having fell of the bed with my 60+ year old husband than being hooked on a game.

pinkster73
08-14-12, 09:51 AM
Collected a few coins in the middle of the night and the screen jumped violently. Between the jump and having developed Tourettes I almost fell. An emergency room trip would have been difficult to explain. It would be easier to confess to having fell of the bed with my 60+ year old husband than being hooked on a game.

Don't forget the vertigo as well.

FredsFarmm
08-18-12, 08:46 AM
Good news/Bad news:

Bad news: I've had a migraine for days due to jumpy screen. Help. Help.
Good news: My backyard chickens have started laying. My Golden Campine is laying soft pale green eggs. They should be white and her comb is wrong for the breed. She apparently is not full blood Campine which is annoying but I'm not breeding chickens. At least she doesn't have fruit hanging from her head. ;)

FredsFarmm
08-27-12, 05:48 PM
Update: I'm having an easier time with the larger farms. The screen still jumps but not near as bad. Maybe the problem has been corrected or the larger farms don't jump as much or I and my Tourette's have adjusted.

Another one of chickens has started to lay. I'm so excited.

007queen
08-27-12, 10:11 PM
Hi, I've just started playing. I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 device. The issues I am currently experiencing are in messages I cannot gift back I can only see who has visited and I have issues with deselecting items on screen - I have to scroll
screen to deselect. Otherwise loving the game!

SysGhost
09-01-12, 05:12 PM
Even the most powerful Android devices known to date, have a lot of lag and troubles with this game. It's simply a horribly optimized game.

FredsFarmm
09-06-12, 02:39 PM
I've come to believe TL is in Apple's pocket. There is no reason for an update on KFs to take this long.

swanhenge
09-10-12, 12:48 PM
I've come to believe TL is in Apple's pocket. There is no reason for an update on KFs to take this long.

Or Androids.

This release is laughable at best and the devs seem content to have it this way. Read the reviews in the Google Play store. Everyone who's using a Droid device has the same issues. Force Close. Can't invite neighbors, get Force Close after planting each farm. (Yep, FIVE Force Closes before they're all planted. Pretty fun) and I can't stay in the market for more than a few seconds before I get... yep Force Close.

Great game TL, just us all play it.

lylahmae
09-11-12, 05:45 PM
Or Androids.

This release is laughable at best and the devs seem content to have it this way. Read the reviews in the Google Play store. Everyone who's using a Droid device has the same issues. Force Close. Can't invite neighbors, get Force Close after planting each farm. (Yep, FIVE Force Closes before they're all planted. Pretty fun) and I can't stay in the market for more than a few seconds before I get... yep Force Close.

Great game TL, just us all play it.
I can't visit my neighbors or I f/c after each one. I just wish they would ACT like they care.

FredsFarmm
09-13-12, 08:52 AM
I finally broke down and game my first review at Amazon. It wasn't good.

monnieszoo
09-17-12, 07:13 PM
My issues are that ihave never recieved a daily bonus. Heard about it but never recieved it. I also get force closed everytime i accept a neighbor, invite a person, farm, and after every oter neighbor visit. These issues are on my android phone, HTC Inspire. On my daughters iPad I play as well and I NEVER have these issues, I actually have never had any issues with it. Why is that????

darkrandy
10-07-12, 03:03 PM
Quick question for Android users, do you get notificacions about coins every 250 coins per habitat?
250, 500, 750, 1000, etc?

Thanks

sweettooth6
10-08-12, 06:00 PM
I don't.

pinkpotassium
10-10-12, 08:10 AM
I also have game crashes around every 10 minutes. nd planting food is super annoying. But most importantly, why can't I send gifts to my neighbors? Every time I try it says they all have received the max number or I gave them one already. I have a samsung galaxy and all my other teamlava games work fine except this one.

[S8] Elsa
10-10-12, 11:03 AM
I also have game crashes around every 10 minutes. nd planting food is super annoying. But most importantly, why can't I send gifts to my neighbors? Every time I try it says they all have received the max number or I gave them one already. I have a samsung galaxy and all my other teamlava games work fine except this one.

If they have accepted the maximum for the day, you won't be able to send them more gifts.

As for the crashes, can you give more details about what happens when the game force closes? The more information you can share, the better. ^_^

MarcusDragontail
03-18-14, 07:30 AM
Samsung Galaxy S2, Android 4.1.2

Game crashes sometimes when visiting neighbors, game crashes sometimes when opening menu, game crashes sometimes when going to the quest list, game crashes sometimes when (trying to) scroll, the game crashes sometimes when trying to request for expansion, the game even crashes sometimes simply by staring at the screen.

Got enough free space on internal memory and SD card. RAM isn't full either when checking while the game is running.

This game is one huge pile of bugs.
Please fix.