PDA

View Full Version : Energy Level - What is going on with this new update???

queentina3
07-26-12, 09:20 AM
Ok, so my son went back to island #1 and started redoing all the games again, to earn more money, but even though he's getting them completed with 3 stars, his energy is going down. Why???

Right now he just started on island 2 with only 2 energy available. He completed 2-1 with 3 stars again but when he went to go to 2-2, he only had 1 energy level. He completed 2-2 with 3 stars and when he went to go to 2-3, he had 0 energy level.

He wins and gets 3 stars but ends up with 0 energy??? Something is not right here.

He won't even attempt to fully complete island 10 until he can get his money up, so he figured going back and redoing islands he knows he can breeze through is the best way, but not if he's losing energy by doing so. :rolleyes:

ButterPanda
07-26-12, 05:08 PM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game from the app store. Then restart your device.

queentina3
07-26-12, 06:17 PM
I already did all that and it's still happening. He's already passed the level and is just going back to redo it to get extra money, or if he had a 2-star on a level to now make it a 3-star so the whole island can have 3-stars and he can get a gem. The problem is, even if he passes the level again with a 1, 2, or 3-star and all bubbles are popped as well, he loses an energy point. I understand losing energy if you don't pass a level, but if you do pass it even with 1 star you shouldn't lose energy.

He's playing on my iPad 2 under my Storm ID = queentina3. I have the latest OS and version of the game installed from the US App store.

queentina3
07-27-12, 06:22 AM
Hey BP. This morning I did all the normal steps again. I uninstalled it again, backed up to iCloud, synced with iTunes, shut off my device. I then reinstalled it, backed up to iCloud, resynced with iTunes, and did a soft reboot. He had a 5-energy level and went back to Island 1 and replayed the 1st level. He already had 3 stars there, in face the whole island has 3 stars. He got 3 stars on level 1 again, got the congratulations pop-up showing the 3 stays earned yet again, hit the X to close out as he didn't want to move on to level 2 or replay island 1, and low and behold his energy level showed a 4 instead of the 5 that it was.

Can I assume that if you've already played and passed a level completely that if you try to replay it again you'll lose an energy level? I understand not gaining energy this way, or even keeping the energy level you had when you started the level, but to lose an energy point for just replaying a level doesn't sound right to me.

He doesn't lose any energy when he completes a new level, only when he loses a level or when he tries to replay an already completed level with the same star rating or lower than the first time he played it. For instance, if he played a level and completed it with a 2 star, if he plays it again and gets a 1 or 2 star again, he'll lose energy. If he gets a 3 star, he won't, as that was a higher star rating than the first time he played it. Does that make sense?

djgilmour
07-28-12, 02:51 AM
Hey BP. This morning I did all the normal steps again. I uninstalled it again, backed up to iCloud, synced with iTunes, shut off my device. I then reinstalled it, backed up to iCloud, resynced with iTunes, and did a soft reboot. He had a 5-energy level and went back to Island 1 and replayed the 1st level. He already had 3 stars there, in face the whole island has 3 stars. He got 3 stars on level 1 again, got the congratulations pop-up showing the 3 stays earned yet again, hit the X to close out as he didn't want to move on to level 2 or replay island 1, and low and behold his energy level showed a 4 instead of the 5 that it was.

Can I assume that if you've already played and passed a level completely that if you try to replay it again you'll lose an energy level? I understand not gaining energy this way, or even keeping the energy level you had when you started the level, but to lose an energy point for just replaying a level doesn't sound right to me.

He doesn't lose any energy when he completes a new level, only when he loses a level or when he tries to replay an already completed level with the same star rating or lower than the first time he played it. For instance, if he played a level and completed it with a 2 star, if he plays it again and gets a 1 or 2 star again, he'll lose energy. If he gets a 3 star, he won't, as that was a higher star rating than the first time he played it. Does that make sense?

Yes, this is the way Teamlava wants your money.
It's the same way heroine dealers do it. They give you something for free, you get addicted and when you get addicted, they raise the price....

queentina3
07-28-12, 08:46 AM
Yes, this is the way Teamlava wants your money.
It's the same way heroine dealers do it. They give you something for free, you get addicted and when you get addicted, they raise the price....

While funny, not entirely accurate. LOL

We don't buy gems for this game, so we aren't wasting any money. Just the time it takes for the energy level to increase again.

This morning he went to Level 55 and played it again 5 times to get the extra $5050 in coin but lost all 5 of his energy by doing so. He got 3 stars each time, but because he'd already completed the level previously, it took an energy point each time he won. That is complete bull that TL set up the game that way and I'd like to hear if it is a BUG or if it is INTENTIONAL.

An answer from a TL Community Mod would be nice on if the game is supposed to work this way.

djgilmour
07-28-12, 04:18 PM
While funny, not entirely accurate. LOL

We don't buy gems for this game, so we aren't wasting any money. Just the time it takes for the energy level to increase again.

This morning he went to Level 55 and played it again 5 times to get the extra $5050 in coin but lost all 5 of his energy by doing so. He got 3 stars each time, but because he'd already completed the level previously, it took an energy point each time he won. That is complete bull that TL set up the game that way and I'd like to hear if it is a BUG or if it is INTENTIONAL.

An answer from a TL Community Mod would be nice on if the game is supposed to work this way.

It is intentional, it used to be different!