PDA

View Full Version : Not fun at all...just frustrating.

gigglygoo
07-25-12, 09:30 PM
I play a lot of TL games for over a year now, n I have to say, other games were a lot more fun. In this game, it takes way too long for energy n saving up coins. The simplest homes shouldnt take 15 hours! If players r already struggling to reach level 10, why shoud they stick around? Playing at low levels should be relatively easy n fun, not work and trying ur patience! Sure I'll get my free gems if I play to level 15, but at this point, I dont even care anymore because it's that frustrating. TL should rethink their "economies."

TimeForACuppaTea
07-26-12, 04:39 PM
^^^^This^^^^ Well said, I agree completely. Off to go post a review for the game, with appropriate number of star.

ginerp
07-26-12, 05:14 PM
I agree, as do a lot of people on the forums, from reading here, but I just saw that it has a four star rating in the app store, so apparently we're in a minority.

queentina3
07-26-12, 06:23 PM
I only played it to get rid of the gem goal. I much preferred City Story to this City Story Metro and I'm glad I finally made level 15 and could uninstall it.

bigbux3
07-26-12, 06:29 PM
I hate this game because you're playing to advance in this game. You can't unlock anything unless you add more Residences. You can't unlock any Businesses until you meet a population goal. You can't unlock another Factory until you meet a population goal. You can't unlock more Residences until you level up. You can't unlock any Decorations until you meet more population goals. You can't add anymore buildings unless you expand. You can't store any items and maintain the unlocked items in the store.

It's very annoying, and I think I missed a few, but those were just off the top of my head.

kooky panda
07-26-12, 06:46 PM
I like the game. It is alot more challenging than City Story to advance, but I was ready for a new type of game and I like the challenges.

yupiyupigumgum
07-26-12, 08:50 PM
I feel strangled everytime I want ti do something but this 'not enough energy' thing pop out. 'drama queen'

laVirtualCloset
07-26-12, 09:06 PM
I like the game. It is alot more challenging than City Story to advance, but I was ready for a new type of game and I like the challenges.

Kooky, I agree with you and those that rated the game high. I like the challenge. It's a nice change from the others. You have to be thoughtful about what you will do and in what order to ensure that you have adequate levels of goods, energy, and coins. You can buy a lot of industries but you need to make sure that you can produce enough goods to generate the revenue. It has a feel for decisions a governing body will make such as do you have enough services (i.e. the community bldgs) to support the population growth. There are many Story games that are easy, I really enjoy the slight challenge of City Story Metro.

laVirtualCloset
07-26-12, 09:07 PM
Sorry, meant to say . . . . you can buy a lot of businesses but you need to make sure that your industries can produce enough goods to generate the revenue.

bigbux3
07-26-12, 09:16 PM
Kooky, I agree with you and those that rated the game high. I like the challenge. It's a nice change from the others. You have to be thoughtful about what you will do and in what order to ensure that you have adequate levels of goods, energy, and coins. You can buy a lot of industries but you need to make sure that you can produce enough goods to generate the revenue. It has a feel for decisions a governing body will make such as do you have enough services (i.e. the community bldgs) to support the population growth. There are many Story games that are easy, I really enjoy the slight challenge of City Story Metro.

But when you're trying to advance in a game and you literally have to take one step each week just so you can earn coins is difficult. Plus, there is no way of earning gems in this game yet the gem prices of the content are high! And you cannot gift anything! Plus, TeamLava doubled my gem prices and I think that I'm the only one with doubled prices in that game!!

laVirtualCloset
07-26-12, 09:34 PM
But when you're trying to advance in a game and you literally have to take one step each week just so you can earn coins is difficult. Plus, there is no way of earning gems in this game yet the gem prices of the content are high! And you cannot gift anything! Plus, TeamLava doubled my gem prices and I think that I'm the only one with doubled prices in that game!!

I hear you but you don't have to buy gem items. i think there are a number of coin options that are fantastic. Not sure why you have to take a step each week. I downloaded the game on Tuesday and I'm on 47 XP's ( or stars) away from Level 14. I have a mixture of intervals where I earn coins. Some as few as 30 minutes but none longer than 8 hours. Most are in the 30 min to 2 hour range. Granted my coin balance isn't high but its generated enough for me to purchase 19 homes, 6 businesses, 3 communities, and 4 industries (although 1 is in storage until I have a population of 500). Right now I have 400 citizens but will have enough coins by tomorrow to purchase another community and then houses.

Now I've always taken my iPad to work since downloading my first TL game back in January so I've always checked in during the day when I'm on conference calls. Perhaps if your schedule doesn't allow that type of flexibility and you can only check during a 2 - 3 hour window at night then your experience may be different. I really like this game . . .

laVirtualCloset
07-26-12, 09:36 PM
Correction . . . I have 7 victorian houses that collect every 15 hours. So 7 of my 19 houses are the 15 hour victorians.

kooky panda
07-27-12, 07:01 AM

To advance in the game you do need to be able to come into the game often. If you are limited to only playing once or twice a day, yes, it will take longer to advance.
I put down the two hour industry buildings and come in and check those every 2 hours and use my energy up.

bigbux3
07-27-12, 10:55 AM
To advance in the game you do need to be able to come into the game often. If you are limited to only playing once or twice a day, yes, it will take longer to advance.
I put down the two hour industry buildings and come in and check those every 2 hours and use my energy up.

I'm playing every moment of the day. Still not advancing fast enough. Right now I have 11,056 coins and 9 gems. I'm running out of room and need to expand which costs 20,000 coins. That's going to set me back. I also want to buy a few homes to unlock a Business building. But why not buy a community building so I can increase my capacity and then go for a Residence. I hate this. You have to actually plan ahead when in another game, you could just design for the fun of it!

Ronnie0Raven
07-27-12, 12:00 PM
I deleted it..

bigbux3
07-27-12, 12:13 PM
I deleted it..

Well, if you want a City building game by TeamLava, I would redownload it because City Story probably won't get an update until so far down the road. Metro is getting all the attention at this point. So thanks, TeamLava.

sourlicorice5
07-27-12, 02:21 PM
I deleted city for good (was p,acing with no nbrs. Just redecorating with new stuff now and then) now that it's not getting anymore updates and tried metro for about 10 mins and the promptly quit. I don't like the energy thingy. I don't have time to play it all day and it'll be no fun taking forever to get anywhere in the game.

TimeForACuppaTea
07-28-12, 12:13 AM
I agree, as do a lot of people on the forums, from reading here, but I just saw that it has a four star rating in the app store, so apparently we're in a minority.

I don't know that we are in the minority. People don't always choose appropriate number of stars. I've read some reviews (of various games) that are quite negative but the moron gave the game 4-5 stars. I don't think people realize that the stars really matter. So I never judge a game by it's stars. I read what people are actually saying. Often it contradicts the number of stars. Why this is such a difficult concept for some people I've no idea.

I've finally reached the required level 15. So I quit this frustrating game.

laVirtualCloset
07-29-12, 08:05 PM
On level 20 now; still loving the challenge. Thanks TeamLava for a change of pace from the other games!

kooky panda
07-29-12, 08:07 PM
On level 20 now; still loving the challenge. Thanks TeamLava for a change of pace from the other games!

I am with you, and I am really liking the game too.

me2nyy
07-29-12, 09:24 PM
I am really enjoying this game! You have to think and plan more than the other games and I like that. I am leveling up very quickly and I'm able to balance my goods and energy. It's good to have to think a little while playing these games.

jayfirefly
07-30-12, 03:50 PM
I am really enjoying this game! You have to think and plan more than the other games and I like that. I am leveling up very quickly and I'm able to balance my goods and energy. It's good to have to think a little while playing these games.

I agree. It's fun to balance out goods needed and what not. I load up my goods then don't buy them for a while until absolutely needed! Only thing that's bothering me is the yellow/blue houses time change. I deleted em because I think thats a ridiculously long time to wait for a beginner level house to generate coins. Other than that the games been treating me well can't wait for more updates.

gigglygoo
07-31-12, 11:27 PM
I agree. It's fun to balance out goods needed and what not. I load up my goods then don't buy them for a while until absolutely needed! Only thing that's bothering me is the yellow/blue houses time change. I deleted em because I think thats a ridiculously long time to wait for a beginner level house to generate coins. Other than that the games been treating me well can't wait for more updates.

Sorry, it doesn't take THAT much more thinking in the game and yet it is still boring-- for me anyway. I appreciate the differences in opinions. I've deleted the game as well.

Hyperion9
08-04-12, 12:46 AM
I m another member of the "minority" cause I found the game quite boring too.
it took me more than a week to get to lvl 10 so I deleted it.

syrenas
08-04-12, 06:26 PM
I like the game, the concept is different with other team lava games that i played (bs). So its something new. I am looking forward for any nice update of this game.

bigbux3
08-07-12, 06:09 PM
And now goals have been readded into the game.

maggieyyli
08-09-12, 03:28 PM
I once liked this game. I don't mind the energy thing; the majority city building games are quite similar in this way. And I like the idea of wonder. I roughly estimate I can buy the first wonder for playing 1 - 2 months. I get the double gem price but I still don't mind as I know I won't buy any gem decorations. But with the cut in supply amount and no double profit in business, I just can't stop thinking why TL can apply all the most unfavorable conditions for a single player? I don't know why I need to bear such an unfair game. When a game makes you feel frustrated more than fun, you know it's time to quit.

ssyukiya
08-09-12, 04:10 PM
My city was always out of energy before this stupid update, now it's out of ENERGY & GOODS!!!!
The only thing I can do now is staring at my " shining city" and do NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!! TL, have u lost ur mind?!!

me2nyy
08-09-12, 04:21 PM

Now that TL has changed the factories to give us so little goods, the game is no longer fun. It is frustrating to not be able to play! There's not enough goods for our businesses. If it isn't changed soon, I will not be playing. Before this recent change, the game was manageable.

ronisrack2011
08-09-12, 04:26 PM
Defiantly ridicuous waiting for "energy". What's the point only being able to play a game for a few minutes at a time!!! Stupid!!