PDA

View Full Version : Energy regeneration

husal460
07-25-12, 03:27 PM
is it just me or did they increase the time it takes to regenerate energy? I am getting 1 energy per 3 minutes now which means I can no longer keep up with the goods. That in turn means I cannot continously maintain the businesses. Was it now 1 energy per minute earlier today/yesterday?

mattyboo1
07-25-12, 03:28 PM
is it just me or did they increase the time it takes to regenerate energy? I am getting 1 energy per 3 minutes now which means I can no longer keep up with the goods. That in turn means I cannot continously maintain the businesses. Was it now 1 energy per minute earlier today/yesterday?
It has always been three minutes

bobbyrae
07-25-12, 03:46 PM
I ditched the greenhouse and got two industrial plants. I find that if i keep ordering the two hour item i can keep up pretty well with the needs of the businesses.

kooky panda
07-25-12, 05:14 PM
I ditched the greenhouse and got two industrial plants. I find that if i keep ordering the two hour item i can keep up pretty well with the needs of the businesses.

Ditto - I also use the 2 hour ones.

husal460
07-25-12, 11:09 PM

Ditto - I also use the 2 hour ones.

How many homes, businesses and community building do you guys have? I have 19 homes, 9 businesses and 3 community atm. I have 2 greenhouses and 1 industrial plant. Since I check my town fairly often I thought going for the 3 minute goods would keep my businesses running + collecting from the rest of my buildings, but in the end I ran out of energy.

TimeForACuppaTea
07-25-12, 11:20 PM
I'm finding it overly challenging to make enough money in this game. I get not wanting to make it too easy. But I think they made it too hard. Any tips on making money would be greatly appreciated.

If this game doesn't get any easier to play I don't plan to continue once I've fulfilled the goal to earn my gems.

yupiyupigumgum
07-28-12, 12:24 AM
So, there's no other way to get energy beside wait for 3 minutes or reach a new level?

tr8on
08-01-12, 07:03 AM
So, there's no other way to get energy beside wait for 3 minutes or reach a new level?

I know you have a chance to gain energy when collecting from Community buildings... then there is always gems...

bigbux3
08-01-12, 12:04 PM
Plus, 30 is the max.

TonysCity1
08-08-12, 04:42 AM
Cam we increase the energy max above 30

syrenas
08-08-12, 05:37 AM
My energy is -4. I dont know why..

kooky panda
08-08-12, 11:05 AM
My energy is -4. I dont know why..
This is a known issue. When you're at 0 Energy, tapping on buildings to collect may work and will subtract energy, causing you to go negative. You'll have to wait for energy to add to go back up. It should be fixed with a version update.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31348-New-game-city-story-metro&p=352462&viewfull=1#post352462

lareinema
08-08-12, 07:57 PM
Cam we increase the energy max above 30

Energy max has to be increased. There is no way to maintain a large city if they don't increase it. Stormie's city is supposed to be an example and you can't even begin to maintain a city that size with an energy max of 30.

kopitownhk
08-09-12, 12:02 AM
the energy regeneration is way too slow.....

mareewat
08-12-12, 06:43 AM
Hi all, wanted to raise my distress over my energy levels.. And ask your advice on how to improve.

Problem: I am at level 30 population 1400. I can not keep up with my buildings I keep running out of energy. I thought having short time buildings would help make me money.... But I can't clear them as I run out of energy. Don't see any point in expanding as I would not have enough energy to service new buildings...

Please lend me your wisdom.... Are you coping ok.. If so what residences, businesses do you have..

Many thanks in advance...

benbever
08-12-12, 07:29 AM
I just hit level 30, population ~2000.
I just collect from building worth the most. That means at least 90, but preferably more.
Grandiose houses, apartments and posh flats are back in storage, they're useless. Not useless are the factories, the better shops and some of the homes (some give 120 or even 230 per click.) The better community buildings are also worth collecting from, they can give an energy back.

mareewat
08-12-12, 02:17 PM
Thanks Ben... I am going to try to reorganise a bit today.. It's just frustrating and takes a bit of the fun out of the game to be limited on clearing.. Smiles

nmac
08-23-12, 06:16 AM
Hello TeamLava.

Energy regeneration AND Energy max level in very give problem in your City Story Game. I think I'll stop play with it because it's really too slow to develop own city...

Please make an update... as soon as possible.

Regards

c_lynn8019
08-27-12, 10:23 AM
The energy issue wouldn't be quite so bad if they let you earn energy by visiting neighbors like in Zoo Story. I would use up my energy, visit my neighbors, then still be able to do more stuff.

slpecoraro
08-27-12, 05:52 PM
I don't get having a game where you have to wait for energy to perform normal functions of the game. Imagine if in bakery story we had to wait for enough energy to clear the tips from our tables, or to cook food or to take food off. I've reached level 20 and I do love the fun of developing a city but for heavens sakes charge gems for the cute stuff just like in bakery story and get rid of the energy thing all together. Sorry but this is the dumbest concept for a business model that I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure I'm deleting the game as it's just too frustrating.

ronaldmack3
08-29-12, 04:14 PM
Businesses return the most income.

dria_91
08-30-12, 12:02 AM
Needing energy just to collect from homes and business is a very stupid feature to me, and it's making the game hard. Why do I need to wait for energy just to collect my earnings?! It's a very good game, but that is one of its downfalls

cooreygirl
08-31-12, 07:59 AM
I have had this game since day one and have percevired hoping that I will enjoy it more but think I've reached the end of the line. Biggest issue is the energy. There's no incentive to get bigger as I can't keep up with collecting and restocking, I have been at 30 for weeks and adding buildings daily but have decided to call it a day. I can't get Gems as there's nothing to order when I click on icon. I was given a remedy by resetting my iPad but refuse to risk what I have in here to overcome design faults in a game that should be addressed by the designers. If there was any chance the energy would be reconsidered and withdrawn I would have no hesitation in keeping it. May have to concentrate on my other TL games instead.

ejgornall1
09-03-12, 09:16 AM
Energy level needs to be bumped up w/ each level increase!!!

capecod86
09-05-12, 05:51 AM
I agree. there are too many road blocks on this game. there's never enough energy and you have also have the population cap which blocks you. its really frustrating. i am pretty sure i would not recommend this game to anyone :(

ajmeangreen
09-09-12, 07:52 AM
That's what I want to know. Thirty is not enough to keep up with the number of buildings etc.

kittycountess
09-09-12, 06:59 PM
I agree. there are too many road blocks on this game.I was thinking the same thing today. There's the energy, which is the most annoying of all and limits your play time to less than a minute every time. Then there's the Goods you have to generate for your businesses which are tied to the industries and because I added a lot of businesses I figured I'd add two more factories but no, there's a cap for that too. And that's on top of the population cap. All these caps and restrictions make the game real hard to enjoy. At least they could have the energy limit go up with level increase or population increase to balance the game but it doesn't seem to be in the works.

nekohakase1
09-12-12, 10:42 PM
Need more energy.....

nmid
09-24-12, 07:44 AM
Strange that no mod is replying with a developer response to the constant complaint of the energy model used in metro.
I see plenty of team lava responses but guess they are not going to change their concept here.

The only reason I came here was because of a tap joy offer and at level 18, ( perhaps 21 ), I'm going to call it quits to regular play and just log in occasionally from my iPad (and delete it from my iPhone)