PDA

View Full Version : Is it appropriate to have a grenade on the screen with Olympic Theme?

bakerbarbie12
07-21-12, 09:27 AM
Whatever world war game they are promoting, part of the goals, represented by a grenade, floating on the screen amidst the World Games stuff just seems WRONG.

Not very smart.

3squares
07-21-12, 10:17 AM
Wow, you are so right! Olympics intended to bring nations TOGETHER! Billboard for war game is inappropriate and tasteless.

bchanelmusic
07-21-12, 10:22 AM
I'm sure it was done on purpose. Come on guys, calm down.

bchanelmusic
07-21-12, 10:22 AM
**wasn't

bakerbarbie12
07-21-12, 11:30 AM
I'm perfectly calm, thank you....just making an observation.

And me saying "not very smart" implies it wasn't done on purpose, but that it was done in bad judgement. As 3squares said....tasteless. It doesn't take a genius to see the irony.

Stueeeee
07-21-12, 03:35 PM
Absolutely agree with this. Very silly.

lylahmae
07-21-12, 03:48 PM
I fully agree this should be fixed IMMEDIATELY.

mattyboo1
07-21-12, 03:52 PM
Whatever world war game they are promoting, part of the goals, represented by a grenade, floating on the screen amidst the World Games stuff just seems WRONG.

Not very smart.

I can't stand those billboards

Zetra
07-21-12, 03:55 PM
Situation:Jean Pierre is evil that he hire people to put hovering grenade on your bakery!you have to get rid of that grenade before it's explode and broken world apart!

lylahmae
07-21-12, 06:29 PM
Although I have not seen these ads to me it seems highly inappropriate given the state of unrest in the world today. Why is this not being addressed?

eric_malmquist
07-21-12, 08:02 PM
Teamlava is just promoting their game. I think you guys are simply over-analyzing something that doesn't need to be. It's Teamlava's own game. And besides, it's not the Olympics anyways. It's the "World Games".

lylahmae
07-21-12, 08:05 PM
Teamlava is just promoting their game. I think you guys are simply over-analyzing something that doesn't need to be. It's Teamlava's own game. And besides, it's not the Olympics anyways. It's the "World Games".

What is the difference between Olympics and world games?

sweetstuff525
07-21-12, 08:10 PM
What is the difference between Olympics and world games?

Olympics is real and world games is an app game..... It's like what's happening in real life the shooting in aurora , colotoda during the premier of the dark night batman movie.... Yes it's sad a d all but they are still showing the movie in the theaters

cast1532
07-21-12, 08:15 PM
Olympics is real and world games is an app game..... It's like what's happening in real life the shooting in aurora , colotoda during the premier of the dark night batman movie.... Yes it's sad a d all but they are still showing the movie in the theaters

Are you saying they shouldn't show the movie because of what happened?

sweetstuff525
07-21-12, 08:23 PM
Are you saying they shouldn't show the movie because of what happened?

No I dont think they shouldn't show the movie..... I was replying to lylah that just because some people may not want those goals it's not going to make tl take them off

cast1532
07-21-12, 08:25 PM
No I dont think they shouldn't show the movie..... I was replying to lylah that just because some people may not want those goals it's not going to make tl take them off

Okay. The movie was great and it's sad what happened. Just like 9/11, we need to move on.

bigbux3
07-21-12, 08:29 PM
This is very inappropriate and children play these games as well. I HATE war. Hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Most of Storm8's games has to do with some type of gruesome topic and many people aren't into that. I don't play Storm8 games and I definitely won't be play World War after the World War goals are gone.

sweetstuff525
07-21-12, 08:30 PM
Okay. The movie was great and it's sad what happened. Just like 9/11, we need to move on.

Yeah agree

bigbux3
07-21-12, 08:31 PM

If 9/11 never happened, we'd never be the country we are today. It happened for a reason, and very sad a tolling reason, but it happened. The more we think about it on that date or throughout the year, it can really bring a person's spirit down.

sweetstuff525
07-21-12, 08:32 PM
This is very inappropriate and children play these games as well. I HATE war. Hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Most of Storm8's games has to do with some type of gruesome topic and many people aren't into that. I don't play Storm8 games and I definitely won't be play World War after the World War goals are gone.

I don't like the game but I'm playing it to open up another goal to buy a chair and get sone gems ... For those who dont like it open up the goal so time start counting and then dissapears

bigbux3
07-21-12, 08:33 PM
I don't like the game but I'm playing it to open up another goal to buy a chair and get sone gems ... For those who dont like it open up the goal so time start counting and then dissapears

But I don't think anyone would pass up an opportunity for free gems. Not me!

sweetstuff525
07-21-12, 08:35 PM
If 9/11 never happened, we'd never be the country we are today. It happened for a reason, and very sad a tolling reason, but it happened. The more we think about it on that date or throughout the year, it can really bring a person's spirit down.

I still remember what I was doing that day.. Was getting ready for school when the first plane hit 1st tower and when the 2nd hit I was in first period ... Senior in high school

cast1532
07-21-12, 08:36 PM

Well, imagine living in the city. Every time I see a movie that had the Twin Towers, it brings me down and I'm reminded of the people that died in that tragic.

sweetstuff525
07-21-12, 08:43 PM
Well, imagine living in the city. Every time I see a movie that had the Twin Towers, it brings me down and I'm reminded of the people that died in that tragic.

You live in Ny? I didn't at the time it happened but have been living here since 2003

mattyboo1
07-21-12, 08:44 PM
But the world game well look at the neighborhood outside the bakery doesnt that look like the Olympics

bakerbarbie12
07-21-12, 09:17 PM
I'm not a very politically correct person and even I find it in bad taste. No over analyzing needed, it's super obvious within a split second. They have tons of games to advertise, so it probably would not have been too hard to just use another one. Just seems...not very thought out.

But it does drive home a point....ironically....in a week where this group is mad that group got an update a few days early and that one hates the update and this one blames that one for not having goals....and now to have talk of the Colorado shooting and 9/11...as many tried to say...it just isn't really that big a deal, is it!

eric_malmquist
07-21-12, 09:45 PM
They have tons of games to advertise, so it probably would not have been too hard to just use another one.

I HIGHLY doubt Teamlava was sitting in their headquarters discussing how they should place a advertisement for their war game on a bakery billboard because there would be such irony. Yes, they could have choose a different game, but they didn't. Oh well. Big deal. It's a game, it's not meant to be taken literally.

debra2739
07-21-12, 11:04 PM
There's no conspiracy. Just bad taste and poor social radar.

cast1532
07-22-12, 12:29 AM
You live in Ny? I didn't at the time it happened but have been living here since 2003

Yes, I do live in the city. I have lived in NYC (Queens to be exact) since I was three years old. When 9/11 happened it was my second day of high school. It was total chaos. All the teachers had to close the curtains because we weren't sure if they were going to attack other building and we needed to make the building look abandon. Some people had to stay in schools to sleep over.

efoote
07-22-12, 06:07 AM
In light of recent events out of Aurora people should give ***s/grenades a rest due to respect for the dead. They have enough other games to advertise.

ashrb
07-22-12, 10:15 AM
In light of recent events out of Aurora people should give ***s/grenades a rest due to respect for the dead. They have enough other games to advertise.

This promotion has nothing to do with the shootings in Colorado. But if anyone wants to get this literal, I'm sure there are plenty shootings happening all around the world ATM and not to mention the wars, so don't make this just about Aurora. At the end of the day, people still play shooting games and probably always will and not everyone will be bothered about this promotion like others will. As the saying goes '***s don't **** people, people **** people'

pinkster73
07-22-12, 11:04 AM
It's just a game, folks. If you're that bothered by a promotion inside of a game, then perhaps don't get on the game. I agree, I think this has been way over analyzed.

This, totally. ⇧⇧⇧

TimeForACuppaTea
07-22-12, 11:14 AM
I agree it's bad taste. At the VERY LEAST they could simply have used a different icon image. It's World Games so just use a globe of the earth. They could still advertise their stupid game (wish they wouldn't) without offending anyone.

ButterPanda
07-23-12, 02:14 PM

Not very smart.

Thanks for the feedback on this. Ill pass this suggestion on.

sparks229
07-23-12, 02:42 PM
I agree it's over analyzed but I still hate the advertising for a game about world war

bakerbarbie12
07-23-12, 03:29 PM
How is an observational thought that takes literally one second to form "over analyzing"? I haven't seen anyone ******* because of this or make a big deal, threaten to do this or that...it's a comment, an observation....it's like pointing out a misspelling in an ad.....any "big deal" being read into it is all up to yourself...disagreeing doesn't make it over analyzed or making a big deal of something. Talk about combative!

ginerp
07-23-12, 08:13 PM
I think it's at the very least ironic, that on a game that's all about the Olympics, the main advertisement is for a World War game. The war game is the first game they've advertised for gems that I won't even try, I have zero interest in a war game, but even apart from that, I too think it's a weird juxtaposition.

bakerbarbie12
07-24-12, 07:06 AM
I think it's at the very least ironic, that on a game that's all about the Olympics, the main advertisement is for a World War game. The war game is the first game they've advertised for gems that I won't even try, I have zero interest in a war game, but even apart from that, I too think it's a weird juxtaposition.

Exactly...i thought it was hilarious at first, but then thought wow, even a sick person like myself can see that it's pretty ironic and just not what i would have expected. i dont care that some of these games are "violent" but i hate that they're tedious and then have all these time constraints.

amayahp
07-24-12, 12:31 PM
It's okay it gets you gems it's not really good but still

ashrb
07-24-12, 10:27 PM
How is an observational thought that takes literally one second to form "over analyzing"? I haven't seen anyone ******* because of this or make a big deal, threaten to do this or that...it's a comment, an observation....it's like pointing out a misspelling in an ad.....any "big deal" being read into it is all up to yourself...disagreeing doesn't make it over analyzed or making a big deal of something. Talk about combative!

Lol combative? No. It's over analyzed becauses it's been picked apart to a point it just shouldn't have been considering it is only a game. And THIS was made a big deal when a thread was made strictly for just this. Comments/observations can be over analyzed.

sweetstuff525
07-25-12, 07:27 AM
From this game it opens buying chair or buy decor item goals which give you 15 gems free... So who doesn't want 15 gems

bakerbarbie12
07-25-12, 11:25 AM
Lol combative? No. It's over analyzed becauses it's been picked apart to a point it just shouldn't have been considering it is only a game. And THIS was made a big deal when a thread was made strictly for just this. Comments/observations can be over analyzed.

Yes, this is overanalyzed, and by that i mean comments like THIS. Wow, we said it was tasteless. No one threatened to ******* or to call the terrorism police. I think we all are well aware that it's a fake game about fake baking fake recipes with fake decorations and the world games theme is fake and the greneade is fake and the world war game is fake and no one will die from it and no one wants to harm anyone and so on. I dont think there is the slightest doubt.

So, making a split second observation barely qualifies as analyzing, much less overanalyzing. Wow. it was a comment. No one freaked out, no one made a huge deal, that i can see, so this is rather hilarious!

By your logic, every single thing on this forum is over analyzed and taken too seriously (which, yes, i agree with 100%!) We know it's a GAME. so?

You may not agree this was tasteless or at the very least, not well thought out. Thats cool. But that doesnt mean anyone else is wrong for having an opinion, and it definitely doesnt mean those opinions are taking anything too seriously. Wow. I recall it was barely a week ago people *******ing cause someone got an update a few days early! Wow, THAT was taking things too seriously. This is an OBSERVATION.

So please dont read anything into it that isnt there, seriously, cause that just reflects on you (in general). Trying to make people feel bad for pointing out something that is so obviously ironic and odd doesnt make you superior and doesnt make our opinions wrong, like i said. I dont think anyone has sat around for hours thinking about this, making a big deal or even a small deal out of it. WOW! nothing has been picked apart, at least by us.....maybe by the people who feel compelled to disagree, which is hilarious cause there again, it doesnt make anyone elses opinion any less valid. It's an observation, not a call to action. Which is what i thought this forum was for. So when you roll your eyes, keep in mind, the level of seriousness attached to any comment on here is in the mind of the reader.

But thanks for the laugh, I needed it, here bored at work. HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAA.

pinkster73
07-25-12, 12:07 PM
I don't know about you guys, but my farm is REAL :p

ashrb
07-25-12, 08:11 PM
Yes, this is overanalyzed, and by that i mean comments like THIS. Wow, we said it was tasteless. No one threatened to ******* or to call the terrorism police. I think we all are well aware that it's a fake game about fake baking fake recipes with fake decorations and the world games theme is fake and the greneade is fake and the world war game is fake and no one will die from it and no one wants to harm anyone and so on. I dont think there is the slightest doubt.

So, making a split second observation barely qualifies as analyzing, much less overanalyzing. Wow. it was a comment. No one freaked out, no one made a huge deal, that i can see, so this is rather hilarious!

By your logic, every single thing on this forum is over analyzed and taken too seriously (which, yes, i agree with 100%!) We know it's a GAME. so?

You may not agree this was tasteless or at the very least, not well thought out. Thats cool. But that doesnt mean anyone else is wrong for having an opinion, and it definitely doesnt mean those opinions are taking anything too seriously. Wow. I recall it was barely a week ago people *******ing cause someone got an update a few days early! Wow, THAT was taking things too seriously. This is an OBSERVATION.

So please dont read anything into it that isnt there, seriously, cause that just reflects on you (in general). Trying to make people feel bad for pointing out something that is so obviously ironic and odd doesnt make you superior and doesnt make our opinions wrong, like i said. I dont think anyone has sat around for hours thinking about this, making a big deal or even a small deal out of it. WOW! nothing has been picked apart, at least by us.....maybe by the people who feel compelled to disagree, which is hilarious cause there again, it doesnt make anyone elses opinion any less valid. It's an observation, not a call to action. Which is what i thought this forum was for. So when you roll your eyes, keep in mind, the level of seriousness attached to any comment on here is in the mind of the reader.

But thanks for the laugh, I needed it, here bored at work. HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAA.

Somebunny needs to calm down!