PDA

View Full Version : I like the new City game

me2nyy
07-20-12, 06:53 AM
I have read a lot of negative comments about the new game. I just want to say that I really like it!

I LOVE the night feature, it's great seeing the city lit up at night.

The energy was a problem for the first day or two but then was fine when I got rid of those Victorian houses that drain the energy.

It's fun to use the goods from the factory to actually supply the businesses.

And having options on where to expand allows us to shape our city and not have them all look the same.

kooky panda
07-20-12, 10:29 AM
I agree. It was tough at the beginning, but I am really enjoying it. I do have the time to jump on every few hours to use my energy so I think that does help.
Today, I actually had an issue, where I had maxed out on goods in storage and could not collect anymore from my Industry buildings, until I collected from by businesses.
I love the animations, lights, etc.
I keep the little houses in storage, then if I need just a new points under my pop to build something, I pull them out, place my new building, then I put them back up to save room.

I agree that due to the different squares you can pick to expand, I have seen some interesting city designs.

twilightnic
07-20-12, 11:34 AM
I'm enjoying it as well, I wonder if there will be a feature to allow us to gift neighbours in the future rather than just sending material requests?

mposey
07-20-12, 11:40 AM
So I need to rid of the Victorian houses and get the better ones?

kooky panda
07-20-12, 01:29 PM
So I need to rid of the Victorian houses and get the better ones?

I did. I have been gradually getting the better houses when I can afford, because they give more coins. The shorter term houses do yield coins faster, but you have to use your energy to collect.
As you get bigger I think is is better to use the longer term houses.
But I did not sell mine. I just stored them, in case I want to put them out again whenever I have more space.

me2nyy
07-20-12, 01:37 PM
I did the same thing. I stored my Victorian houses and I use a couple when I need them to get my population where I want it. I don't collect the coins from them unless I have a lot of energy. They are always the last thing that I collect.

DaojinWildfire
07-20-12, 01:58 PM
Your Energy cap increases as you level up, so the more you play, the more you will be able to do.

As for the Victorian houses, most people tend to store them later on because their income is relatively low compared to the other residential buildings. Collecting consumes 1 Energy, so you'll want to get the highest amount of Coins as possible, so that you're efficiently using your Energy.

bigbux3
07-20-12, 02:25 PM
Your Energy cap increases as you level up, so the more you play, the more you will be able to do.

As for the Victorian houses, most people tend to store them later on because their income is relatively low compared to the other residential buildings. Collecting consumes 1 Energy, so you'll want to get the highest amount of Coins as possible, so that you're efficiently using your Energy.

And that's what makes this game hard to play.

bernadette16668
07-20-12, 06:11 PM
I like the lights.

bigbux3
07-20-12, 06:35 PM
I like the lights.

Is that it?

yupiyupigumgum
07-23-12, 11:08 PM
I like the lights and TACO STAND! Yup! In 30 minutes it can give you 90 coins that means in 3 hours it can give you 540 coins! And it only cost 2000 to build it. While bowling alley that cost gems only give you 190 coins in 3 hours. I love taco stand!! :p

hotbeef
08-12-12, 12:20 AM
Why don't I have this awesome night feature?

hotbeef
08-12-12, 02:13 AM
I don't have the night feature and nobody can tell why:(

xoxjenn
08-16-12, 01:24 AM
What is the difference between this game & City Story? & is this game on Android?

kooky panda
08-16-12, 05:09 AM
Why don't I have this awesome night feature?

I don't have the night feature and nobody can tell why:(
The night feature is currently not available on older devices.