PDA

View Full Version : Olympic goals cost mega bucks (gems)

battybratty
07-20-12, 12:47 AM
Just curious as to why...in order to complete some of these goals one is required to purchase large decoration items which cost 22 gems! Along with chairs that cost gems...of course you can spend more gems to skip these tasks...

jtm101
07-20-12, 07:26 AM
Because TeamLava is a business, that is trying to make money out of the games (i'm shocked, arent you?)

Participating in the goals is optional, in a few weeks or months time they will be all but forgotten.

xSnowyOwlx
07-21-12, 05:22 PM
Nobody said you have to buy a chair that costs gems. I spent coins on the chairs and got the goal completed. As for the decor item, I have yet to see the goal require you to spend gems. Unless you're unwilling to ask neighbors for the items required to construct the item. That's the only thing I see to spend gems.

sweetstuff525
07-21-12, 05:46 PM
Nobody said you have to buy a chair that costs gems. I spent coins on the chairs and got the goal completed. As for the decor item, I have yet to see the goal require you to spend gems. Unless you're unwilling to ask neighbors for the items required to construct the item. That's the only thing I see to spend gems.

Actually it does say to buy 4 water chair, a pool counter, a kids sync all which cost gems...

battybratty
07-22-12, 01:09 AM
4 water chairs @ 3 gems each
Kids sync @ 22 gems
Diving hippo @ 16 gems

You can't ask your neighbors for those.

battybratty
07-22-12, 01:11 AM
Forgot pool counter @ 10 gems

Granted I do understand they want to make money, what business doesn't. However by pushing it this way makes me at least less likely to ever purchase anything again anytime soon. Why not have the gem items available but not as mandatory requirements for goals. Just my two cents.

battybratty
07-22-12, 01:12 AM
Referring to the Olympic goals not the goals where you download another game and play it to whatever level then buy a chair. The olympic ones are different entirely.