PDA

View Full Version : Rollbacks?

Limaxa
07-19-12, 02:36 AM
Hello! I don't know if anyone noticed that too, but i have big rollbacks in Farm Story for two weeks now. I harvested and replanted but the next day i saw my withered crops:(
There is no message which says that i have no internet or so. I have that problem only in Farm Story. Am i the only person with that problem?:confused:

jtm101
07-19-12, 06:42 AM
My advice would be to do some neighbour operations before and after planting crops. This way you will sync with the server.

I havent had any rollback issues.

pinkster73
07-19-12, 06:57 AM
I have. Ive gone back into my farm and there's unplanted squares when I know ive planted , and there's no way I would miss that many plots. Its irritating. I don't log out the second I'm done, I always check to make sure I didn't miss any. I shouldn't have to do a bunch of stuff before I leave to make sure what I've already done stays done.

Chocolit
07-19-12, 07:13 AM
You are not alone. I've been having this problem on - off for over a month. When I came back to check on my crops several hours or at the end of the day, discovered: (1) certain sections of farm not harvested, (2) other sections of farm were not planted, (3) some trees re-positioned not in the final site but in original site and worse of all (4) missing gems (ie lost 62 gems on one farm and 21 gems on another farm) - arising from this out of sync which throughout the period NEVER SAW any message telling me it's out of sync or no internet connection. Have written to TL on this for one of the two affected farms over a week ago but no news from them todate. I can only suspect the out of sync caused the tap to manage to be activated without my knowledge even though I NEVER saw the message pop out because sometimes I have to tap a unit of land 3x-4x to make it stick. Doubtful they will return my disappearing gems.

DoubleZ
07-20-12, 06:09 AM
I'll bet it has to do with the Game Center. If you harvest/plow/plant before Game Center loads (I get a "Welcome Back" banner once it's loaded), 9 times out of 10 the work you did before it loaded doesn't take. I have a thread about this on the FS Discussion board. I suggest watering a neighbor before doing anything on your farm to make sure it has loaded.

I'm not sure who handles Game Center, but I personally would like to see it gone. I have zero use for it. I think it's an iPhone "feature", though, because it came with the device and it doesn't allow me to delete it.

pinkster73
07-20-12, 11:02 AM
I'll bet it has to do with the Game Center. If you harvest/plow/plant before Game Center loads (I get a "Welcome Back" banner once it's loaded), 9 times out of 10 the work you did before it loaded doesn't take. I have a thread about this on the FS Discussion board. I suggest watering a neighbor before doing anything on your farm to make sure it has loaded.

I'm not sure who handles Game Center, but I personally would like to see it gone. I have zero use for it. I think it's an iPhone "feature", though, because it came with the device and it doesn't allow me to delete it.

I don't know what game center is. I still have this issue.

DoubleZ
07-20-12, 11:38 AM
I don't know what game center is. I still have this issue.

Oh, then obviously it's not solely Game Center. I know Game Center does have an irritating delay when you first open the game, but nothing to the scale of what is being described. I'd be curious to learn if problems are on both Android and iOS.

DoubleZ
07-22-12, 03:54 PM
The very thing Limaxa is talking about is now happening to me. I can be almost all the way done with harvesting (or planting), the game "hiccups", and everything I've done is gone and I have to redo it. When it happens, I've been trying to make note as to what I'm doing or what's going on at the time, and it seems to all circle around the Goals. It's like they are loading and/or reloading, and if they load or reload while you're performing a task, everything you did prior to the load/reload is gone and has to be redone.

This happens every single time I open my farm and is becoming quite the hinderance. PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP!!

mattyboo1
07-22-12, 03:56 PM
I don't know if game center is the issue although game center has given me issues before

trace35
07-22-12, 04:19 PM
This has been happening in bs and rs for a long time, there are a lot of threads on this topic. Recently someone else thought it might be game center, which I have installed ( I'm iOS) but don't use and don't receive msgs from, and don't really even know what it is! Most of us in the other story's, have come to the conclusion that it is a sync error to do with tls servers.

DoubleZ
07-22-12, 06:05 PM
This has been happening in bs and rs for a long time, there are a lot of threads on this topic. Recently someone else thought it might be game center, which I have installed ( I'm iOS) but don't use and don't receive msgs from, and don't really even know what it is! Most of us in the other story's, have come to the conclusion that it is a sync error to do with tls servers.

Well whatever it is, it needs to be fixed, most especially if it's been happening for "a long time" in other games as well. Wow...

trace35
07-22-12, 06:54 PM
Absolutely! They keep blaming us and telling us to check our Internet connection. We know this isn't the issue because we might do a whole load of things ( serve food, cook food, collect tips, place decorations etc) and then there will be a massive reset, wiping almost everything we've done but maybe the tips have still been collected! If I wasn't connected then how did the server record my tip collection?
We have also tested this by serving some food, then visiting a Nbr, then returning and let's say cooking some food, then leaving the game. On our return the old food was still waiting to be served but the Nbr had still been tipped by us!
Sorry to ramble but it's complicated to explain and very frustrating.

pinkster73
07-22-12, 08:29 PM
Absolutely! They keep blaming us and telling us to check our Internet connection. We know this isn't the issue because we might do a whole load of things ( serve food, cook food, collect tips, place decorations etc) and then there will be a massive reset, wiping almost everything we've done but maybe the tips have still been collected! If I wasn't connected then how did the server record my tip collection?
We have also tested this by serving some food, then visiting a Nbr, then returning and let's say cooking some food, then leaving the game. On our return the old food was still waiting to be served but the Nbr had still been tipped by us!
Sorry to ramble but it's complicated to explain and very frustrating.

It's definitely not the connection. Funny it only ever happens with the tl games.

trace35
07-22-12, 09:58 PM
Yeah! Funny that!

DoubleZ
07-23-12, 02:02 AM
It's definitely not the connection. Funny it only ever happens with the tl games.

Good point, pinkster! I have many other games on my device, but FS is the only one with this issue. In fact, FS is the ONLY game with ANY issues!

Chocolit
07-23-12, 02:49 AM
D0n't think it has anything to do with internet connection or game centre loading. Last night it happened again. After watering the community nnrs who posted on my wall, planted whole farm on IPad with Tuberose at 6:30 pm. At 10:30 pm I watered my iPad farm from my iPhone farm and everything on the iPad farm was still planted and intact. This morning, after an elapsed time of about 10 hours, 3 rows of the iPad farm (72 units of land) is not planted! Luckily no missing gems this time around unlike the earlier 2 occasions this month where a total of 22 gems were missing when I came back to check the farm. I also found 62 missing gems to date on my iPhone farm with this problem this month. I don't have any similar problem with the other non-TL games on the 2 devices.

trace35
07-23-12, 03:51 AM
Wow that's bad! This has been a problem since leaving the valentine app in bs etc. They said it was bad connect for ages, then said this is a problem we are fixing, then backtracked, back to our fault again! Stalling tacktics!

GroupMagma
07-23-12, 11:12 AM
Ensuring that you have a stable, uninterrupted internet connection (preferably on secured wi-fi) should help solve this problem. I'm not aware of any problems in-game that would be causing this behavior, but I'll be sure to relay this info to engineering.

pinkster73
07-23-12, 11:16 AM
Ensuring that you have a stable, uninterrupted internet connection (preferably on secured wi-fi) should help solve this problem. I'm not aware of any problems in-game that would be causing this behavior, but I'll be sure to relay this info to engineering.

I'm on secured Wi-Fi with 100% connection when this happens.

bobbyrae
07-23-12, 12:31 PM

I'm on secured Wi-Fi with 100% connection when this happens.

I'm also on secured WiFi with 100% connection when this happens to me.
It only ever happens with TL games for me too. It doesn't happen to me in farm as much anymore. But it has started happening in bakery and restaurant very frequently. It happened repeatedly in dragon story which i only downloaded to complete the goal. There is no way I could have continued to play it With that constant processing. Interestingly enough though. In dragon story whenever i collected coins or whatever is collected and then got the processing circle neither the coins nor the xp were ever rolled back. So i managed to complete that goal pretty quickly thank you very much.

Yesterday in restaurant I served my glazed ham and got my gem for mastering the recipe. I put on peking duck to cook. I didn't exit the game immediately. I moved stuff around, visited neighbours, sent some gifts. This took me a while to do. Several hours later I came back. There were my glazed hams again. Ready to be served. I think i lost the gem but can't be sure since i don't recall how many i had before i mastered glazed ham.

In bakery story on Friday I got all the parts i needed for the shot put cart (i sent the last required part to myself from my other device) Completed that section of the goal. Got the pop up for the next portion of the goal then voila. "Processing" and bap. The shot put box is there again. One more part is needed to complete it and of course it didn't register the two parts i had previously sent from my other device but did register that i had already sent out a request to that device and so could't send another request to it. The gift i sent to my other device was also recorded as received on that device and as sent from my primary device.

So no. I really don't think the internet connection argument is holding water anymore.

trace35
07-24-12, 02:27 AM

This info has been 'passed on' many times. We have all written pages of examples to explain why this is not a wi fi connection problem. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but how could you not be aware?

bobbyrae
07-24-12, 07:26 AM
I wonder how many times we have to complain about it before the engineers will actually look into it.
Hmmm...

sweetstuff525
07-24-12, 07:33 AM
It has been a problem for the last few days and my Internet connection is perfect... Not had problems before

Chocolit
07-24-12, 11:54 PM
Confirm I am 100% secured on internet connection when this happens to the iPad and iPhone farms as I'm sitting right next to the Wifi and double checked by serving the other websites (very readily too) plus play the other non-TL games AND I AGAIN LOST 2 COINS MAKING A TOTAL TODATE OF 24 GEMS ON MY IPAD FARM!!! I wonder when TL is going to return the missing gems to me as I've written thrice todate with no repley!

Limaxa
07-25-12, 01:38 AM
Confirm I am 100% secured on internet connection when this happens to the iPad and iPhone farms as I'm sitting right next to the Wifi and double checked by serving the other websites (very readily too) plus play the other non-TL games AND I AGAIN LOST 2 COINS MAKING A TOTAL TODATE OF 24 GEMS ON MY IPAD FARM!!! I wonder when TL is going to return the missing gems to me as I've written thrice todate with no repley!

Me too. I'm also shure that i was connected with internet :( It's obviously not our fault

libbyjoyous
07-27-12, 04:33 AM
Im so upset! I just had the biggest rollback ive ever had... rearranged my farm and planted and gifted my nbrs... went to take a shower and was gone for thirty min and came back to water my nbrs and only about a third of what i did took.... but my nbrs are gifted which is the last thing i did. How can this be? I spent almost two hours arranging and planting my farm... :( I also never have problems with my wif...

A few days ago i got on my farm except... IT WASNT MY FARM.. why all the problems tl? Im about ready to give up on fs... certianly done for the night... hope my nbrs forgive the lack of water but its just not fun right now.

libbyjoyous
07-27-12, 04:40 AM
Btw it would be really great to get some sort of reply from team lava...
at my job i apologize all the time.. for things that are way out of my control... its amazing how far a simple "Im sorry that happened" will go.

queentina3
07-27-12, 06:38 AM
Btw it would be really great to get some sort of reply from team lava...
at my job i apologize all the time.. for things that are way out of my control... its amazing how far a simple "Im sorry that happened" will go.

For me at least, an "I'm Sorry" isn't going to cut it. There have been way too many issues that they haven't fixed or even responded to that just leaves me bitter with the whole company.

libbyjoyous
07-27-12, 06:58 PM
For me at least, an "I'm Sorry" isn't going to cut it. There have been way too many issues that they haven't fixed or even responded to that just leaves me bitter with the whole company.

I understand... ive been lucky so far and not lost any gems.. so really the only thing ive lost is time... it would be a start at least..
idk but im sure not spending any more money on a game thats not working.. wasting my time is enough.

lousflygirl
07-27-12, 11:41 PM
So so so true all my issues r with FS only and it stinks & I'm sick of it

lousflygirl
07-27-12, 11:43 PM
Yep yep yep me too same problem with FS

habanero89
08-04-12, 05:43 PM
YES I have had exactly the same issue for the past 2 months!! With 100% WiFi connection. I'm not purchasing any more gems until its sorted, which, judging by some of the information given in this thread, is going to be NEVER. Almost more irritating is the lack of response from TL. This is ridiculous!!

ApplePieVille
09-21-12, 08:30 PM
I also have that problem, Planted crops checked the next day (2 day crops ) to seen about requests and all my crops died. replanted twice still died no matter what so i have dead crops
Device iPhone
Farm Story 2.0.1