PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Update/ Android-gate 2012/Life Lessons/ RANT!!

crissy9112
07-18-12, 04:24 PM
I am a loyal TL customer or player, whatever, and have been so for a little over a year. During that time, I've probably spent close to 1,000 on TL games (oh man.. That's like a pair and a half of Louboutin shoes...). I'm also an Android user and I have to say.. This whole IOS vs Android arguement/war/whateveryouwantocallit is... EMBARRASSING to say the least. Especially since Android users have been extremely vocal in regards to content they've failed to receive in the past. We're talking years, people. Missed opportunities in regards to goals, chances for extra money, gems, ect. And then to have IOS users *******, yes *******, and refuse to gift requested parts for the new update to Android users because they're being treated "unfairly"? Do Android users ******* IOS users even though they continute to receive items not available to Android? No.

That being said, I use the term 'unfairly' loosely because unlike the Google Play promo where content (which were atleast already available to everyone, but I digress) was given for free exclusively to Android users, this situation simply occured because it was way too big to release across the board to all devices at once.This new update has about 2-3 updates worth of merch, so it's understandable that it'd take a while to roll out. I thought that was a given seeing as how it takes about a day or 2 until everyone has access to normal updates.

We are all adults. Adults spending hard earned cash on virtual businesses (bakeries, restaurants, farms, ect.), but ADULTS nonetheless. Let's please class it up alitle bit. If someone gets something you don't, ESPECIALLY if you will gain access to it within DAYS, be happy for them. It's ok to complain and be upset, but focus on what you do have. Which might I add, is still more than Android users.

People are obviously going yo have complaints. Voice them! If the are heard, sweet! If they are addressed, even better. If they get resolved... AWESOME! While you may not have a say in the outcome, you have 100% of the control in reguards to how you respond to them. No one should remain in a situation whether it be TL games, a relationship or any situation in life, in which they are unhappy. If your cons outweigh the pros and you find yourself frequently upset when playing the game, you need to part ways. Maybe cut back on spending real money, so it's not that much of a disappointment. No one is forcing you to play the games, let alone spend money on them.

Lastly, I think I speak for everyone (or maybe just myself haha) when I say, if you unable to practice one of the first lessons we all learned in kindergarten... Please leave. Don't ruin it for the rest of us mature adults.

Theeee End.

sweetstuff525
07-18-12, 04:29 PM
Wow really? Blaming all iOS users for not sending parts is a little harsh.... Get your facts straight and say some not all... I haven't heard of ios *******ing sending parts to androids

shakiba
07-18-12, 04:30 PM
Wow really? Blaming all iOS users for not sending parts is a little harsh.... Get your facts straight and say some not all... I haven't heard of ios *******ing sending parts to androids

Neither did I.

lovieluv
07-18-12, 04:36 PM
I agree with you. "Ive only been palying for 3 months, and since then I've encounterd the android giveaway.. (still a sore spot to IOS users) and a so called "blackout" which is surprising. Why "blackout" for only a couple of days? If they're that unhappy with TL UNINSTALL!

crissy9112
07-18-12, 04:42 PM
I personally have 5 neighbors that have messages on their walls saying they refuse to gift to ppl with the update. I thought I was the, only one until I read a thread of people experiencing the same thing. Anddd aside from singling out IOS users this time around, only because the neighbors doing this are IOS judging from their content in their bakeries(i assumed it was obvious I meant some, and not ALL IOS users, but my mistake for not including that info..) I only only referred to past situations when one group was favored over the other... I now realize my post might come off as a ios bashing post, and for that, I apologize. It was more directed towards people who I described above

lin77
07-18-12, 04:44 PM
I personally have 5 neighbors that have messages on their walls saying they refuse to gift to ppl with the update. I thought I was the, only one until I read a thread of people experiencing the same thing. Anddd aside from singling out IOS users this time around, only because the neighbors doing this are IOS judging from their content in their bakeries(i assumed it was obvious I meant some, and not ALL IOS users, but my mistake for not including that info..) I only only referred to past situations when one group was favored over the other... I now realize my post might come off as a ios bashing post, and for that, I apologize. It was more directed towards people who I described above

Then delete those nbrs.....I would not keep any nbr that was that petty!

bakerbarbie12
07-18-12, 04:45 PM
I would assume/hope the number of people "*******ing" is very, very limited. And maybe the same people who gift brownies. I don't see the logic in it or the reason for it. Anyone can ******* the game for two days just by cooking all pumpkin pie, lol.

So I officially ******* anyone who is *******ing cause they couldn't wait.

sunnyDreams
07-18-12, 04:46 PM
I mostly play on my iPad and I have happily accepted all requests. Why would anyone EVER not accept a request? We all need each other to build appliances or complete goals & I have not heard any type of a *******.

Do not invite this ID. It is on a phone that doesn't work well with these games.

crissy9112
07-18-12, 04:47 PM
Oh believe me. Been there, done that. I practice what I preach ;)

crissy9112
07-18-12, 04:48 PM
Thats in response to lin77

lin77
07-18-12, 05:15 PM
Thats in response to lin77

I went through all my nbrs to see if anyone was *******ing...and I found one who was and a few who I don't know for sure....I'm deleting the one!

sunnyDreams
07-18-12, 05:18 PM
I went through all my nbrs to see if anyone was *******ing...and I found one who was and a few who I don't know for sure....I'm deleting the one!
I'm with you on this subject. I will delete any neighbor who suggests a *******.

bobbyrae
07-18-12, 05:19 PM
Funny enough I only received a few requests the day the update was made available to android players. I haven't seen any requests since that day.

i have several android neighbours and those neighbours all seem to be building. I hope my android neighbours don't think i'm part of a *******.

mrsjay5501
07-18-12, 05:20 PM
I haven't heard of any "*******ING" going on. If iOS users are doing such THEY NEED TO GROW UP!!!! I have accepted all gift request. I TIP & GIFT daily if my neighbor isn't maxed on gifts. I always post on walls & I HATE IT THAT I WOUL BE LISTED IN A BOYCOT GROUP just because I am using the iOS system!!!

As was stated from sweetstuff525 SOME NOT ALL may be doing so & that being said.... PLEASE DON'T BE QUICK TO JUDGE ALL iOS users!!!! Instead of ranting & raving JUST DELETE YOUR SO CALLED "FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS".
Also, Crying about how much money YOU spent isnt mature either!!!! MATURE individules don't talk about HOW MUCH money they spent & especially DON'T get OVERLY UPSET over a GAME!!!! That's my opinion.

iOS users some need to grow up, I AGREE!!! but REALLY typing a "NOVEL" about it isn't MATURE!

DELETE YOUR "SO KIND & GRACIOUS NEIGHBORS" & move on!!!

There I'm DONE!!!

lin77
07-18-12, 05:22 PM
Funny enough I only received a few requests the day the update was made available to android players. I haven't seen any requests since that day.

i have several android neighbours and those neighbours all seem to be building. I hope my android neighbours don't think i'm part of a *******.

I would post on my wall if I were u that ur not *******ing because u know everyone will get this update soon! So when those who haven't gotten it yet will know they will...just have to be patient as its a huge update.

sweetstuff525
07-18-12, 05:27 PM
Wow I was tipping and now I did notice some iOS *******ing from July 18 to 20 I just can't believe it ... They are *******ing because of the google play promo and denying requests until everyone gets the updates

cast1532
07-18-12, 05:38 PM
Imagine if Android users did this. We would never go anywhere. Can't believe some iOS users stoop so low.

purplegem611
07-18-12, 05:39 PM
Wow well said!! I am an iOS user, and accept all requests it cost me nothing... And my android friends were there when requested for my goals! I just don't get this... *******ing seriously that's no way to be neighborly! One hand washes the other. I am sure we will need our android friends at some point too! But also remember some of the nbrs are kids... And they are highly influenced by "stupidity".... I would just delete petty nbrs

joeyc0417
07-18-12, 05:43 PM
We're not all adults... lol

lin77
07-18-12, 05:47 PM
Its like *******ing Thursday updates just because some wont get it till Tuesday....its so stupid....! How ignorant some are!

crissy9112
07-18-12, 05:48 PM
I appreciate your input and want to touch on a couple things. As stated earlier, I apologized if it sounded like an IOS bash. The only time I said anything negative in reguards to the actual users was when I was speaking from experience in reguards to them *******ing certain players. I also apologize for the fact that I failed to say "some" IOS users and not all. Again, I assumed it was understood that I didn't mean every single IOS user. My mistake. Also, as stated before I did infact delete those neighbors, but I appreciate your suggestion to do so. I never "cried" about how much money I spent, I simply included that tidbit to establish Pathos in the beginning, in that I understand how frustrating it can be when you spend alot of money and feel jipped. that although I'm a paying customer, I understand if I am overly upset about something, I have the option of leaving. Lastly, the length of my post has mo bearing on my maturity. A sign of maturity is being able to articulate your thoughts, as well as expanding and explaining how you feel. I had a problem, and I voiced it.

I haven't heard of any "*******ING" going on. If iOS users are doing such THEY NEED TO GROW UP!!!! I have accepted all gift request. I TIP & GIFT daily if my neighbor isn't maxed on gifts. I always post on walls & I HATE IT THAT I WOUL BE LISTED IN A BOYCOT GROUP just because I am using the iOS system!!!

As was stated from sweetstuff525 SOME NOT ALL may be doing so & that being said.... PLEASE DON'T BE QUICK TO JUDGE ALL iOS users!!!! Instead of ranting & raving JUST DELETE YOUR SO CALLED "FRIENDLY NEIGHBORS".
Also, Crying about how much money YOU spent isnt mature either!!!! MATURE individules don't talk about HOW MUCH money they spent & especially DON'T get OVERLY UPSET over a GAME!!!! That's my opinion.

iOS users some need to grow up, I AGREE!!! but REALLY typing a "NOVEL" about it isn't MATURE!

DELETE YOUR "SO KIND & GRACIOUS NEIGHBORS" & move on!!!

There I'm DONE!!!

bakerbarbie12
07-18-12, 05:49 PM
Wow well said!! I am an iOS user, and accept all requests it cost me nothing... And my android friends were there when requested for my goals! I just don't get this... *******ing seriously that's no way to be neighborly! One hand washes the other. I am sure we will need our android friends at some point too! But also remember some of the nbrs are kids... And they are highly influenced by "stupidity".... I would just delete petty nbrs

Excellent point.....about android users accepting gift requests from ios for stuff they (android) don't get. Excellent, excellent point.

So SOME want to punish people who have helped you tons of times for something they cannot control, and all over something you get only a few days later.

I really, really THAT was the biggest problem I had in life! Now I'll refrain from looking immature by calling others immature.

eric_malmquist
07-18-12, 06:06 PM
Teamlava's forums and games are turning into my highschool.. Why is there so much drama? The google play thing has gone and went. It should be a dead topic by now. As for these updates, teamlava simply said they had to give it to android first because it was too big to give to both platforms at once. iOS will receive their update. There's no reason to *******, teamlava isn't going to do anything about it anyways. It's all very childish and immature if you ask me. I love my iOS neighbors.

felicitybliss
07-18-12, 06:26 PM
I came onto the forums to find out what gifts I needed to send to my neighbors as I was receiving requests that I did not recognize. I soon discovered my android neighbors were finally provided an update first (fabulous--it is about time). None of my neighbors have suggested a *******. I am very happy to help all my neighbors regardless of whether I have an item or not. If anyone is having difficulty with *******ers, please feel free to add me. I accept all requests multiple times a day. (note: I gift every day but rarely tip). Most of us are quite neighborly and helpful.

:(. Sadly, I still haven't found what gifts my neighbors need to build their appliances. I keep finding these threads focusing on the selfish behavior of few (I hope). Please PM me if you know what gift is needed to help with the big build :)

sunnyDreams
07-18-12, 06:36 PM
They need motors & wiring.

pinkster73
07-18-12, 06:39 PM
The pettiness of some people makes me shake my head. I'm glad almost all posters here aren't in this group.

meteor7
07-18-12, 06:47 PM
I am an IOS player, and I'd be happy to fill requests for anyone! It's part of being neighborly, this isn't an Us vs. Them thing I truly do not understand the people that are *******ing their nbrs, simply for playing on another device. Us IOS players will get the update soon, it's not like we're not getting it at all. If you've lost nbrs over this, feel free to add me. I fulfill ALL requests I receive. I don't even pay attention to who it is, I simply send. This is getting quite ridiculous.

lin77
07-18-12, 07:25 PM
Well I just had a nbr delete me because I confronted her about her participating in the *******....which is fine I would have deleted her anyway. But I picked up another nbr who also lost a nbr bcuz they were *******ing. Its so upsetting that its like this.

I play on a kindle fire and we don't ever get goals or get google promos but yet I would never deny my nbr parts because I don't get what they get!

yukiichigo
07-18-12, 08:40 PM
I personally think they should jut offer the same items and goals for both iPhone users and android users... It's not really the players' fault that they feel unfair... Because in a way it is. TL really shouldn't make up the missing goals and stuffs in the past with new items and freebies for android users. The most they SHOULD be able to do is send all the old goals and items android users missed out, and make everything equal from now on. Both android and iphone users shouldn't be punished for something TL failed to do right.

So guys, let's stop the hating. Your neighbors aren't the reason why TL decided to be biased. Neighbors are friends in play. Stop being silly and really turn to the source of the problem together.

mrsjay5501
07-18-12, 09:07 PM
I too am a paying TL gamer. All in all I completely understand your frustration & WE all have the right to voice our opinion/feelings. That being said, I personally don't know you & this whole update thing is a mess & have gotten people in VERY BAD MOODS & SOME EVEN OUTRAGED. I won't go there & I refuse too. I hope all goes well with you & your neighbors. Hopefully SOME iOS users GROW UP & REALIZE their is more to life then TL & their games. It's very petty to me all of the uproar going around!!! It REALLY MAKES ME WONDER HOW PEOPLE TREAT THEIR REAL LIFE NEIGHBORS IF THEY TRY TO CROSS THEM. This is only a game, CAN YOU IMAGIN IN REAL LIFE??? WOW!!!
Have a good night & all apologies to you & yours!

FrozenIris
07-18-12, 09:52 PM
I personally think this is well-said...
I'm an iOS user and even though I was rather confused that I did not receive some updates at first, I'm satisfied to know that I'll be receiving it on Thursday!
*******ing is no way to deal with a problem. You don't like it, you delete it. There! Happy or not, you make the decision and you let other people know what your choice is.
I personally don't mind that Android users get updates before us. We'll also receive the new stuff sooner or later, so why bother? And that said, Android users also don't receive goals for gems, etc. meaning that they most likely spend more money on the game.

pinkster73
07-18-12, 10:11 PM
It's coming in a few days. It's not like when ios users get goals or 4 new games android knows we will be receiving them in a few days. If that were the case i would be ECSTATIC about only waiting a few days. The *******ers are acting like big babies.

Just my 2 cents.

crissy9112
07-19-12, 04:37 AM
Thank you :)

I personally think this is well-said...
I'm an iOS user and even though I was rather confused that I did not receive some updates at first, I'm satisfied to know that I'll be receiving it on Thursday!
*******ing is no way to deal with a problem. You don't like it, you delete it. There! Happy or not, you make the decision and you let other people know what your choice is.
I personally don't mind that Android users get updates before us. We'll also receive the new stuff sooner or later, so why bother? And that said, Android users also don't receive goals for gems, etc. meaning that they most likely spend more money on the game.

lin77
07-19-12, 04:42 AM
It's coming in a few days. It's not like when ios users get goals or 4 new games android knows we will be receiving them in a few days. If that were the case i would be ECSTATIC about only waiting a few days. The *******ers are acting like big babies.

Just my 2 cents.

They are.....just because they didn't get it first....how pathetic! It has to be mostly teenagers & children because I cant see an adult who lives & functions in the "real" world who should be used to unfair practices and knowing they wont get everything they want doing this *******! So it has to be immature young people who need to wake ho and smell the coffee...if they think this is unfair wait till they have to go out into the real world....what are they gonna do when someone else gets a promotion at their place of work.....******* all services to customers cuz they didn't get it? Geez! :p

lin77
07-19-12, 04:43 AM
*wake up* (spelling error)

habanero89
07-19-12, 05:05 AM
Teamlava's forums and games are turning into my highschool.. Why is there so much drama? The google play thing has gone and went. It should be a dead topic by now. As for these updates, teamlava simply said they had to give it to android first because it was too big to give to both platforms at once. iOS will receive their update. There's no reason to *******, teamlava isn't going to do anything about it anyways. It's all very childish and immature if you ask me. I love my iOS neighbors.
I agree with this so much! All this arguing and people posting in Caps lol I'm officially sick to death of it! Everyone should just accept there will be petty people on both IoS and Android as there is in real life and just move on/delete as necessary! I'm on iOS and would never dream of declining requests :/ I find it very odd logic!

pinksweets4u
07-19-12, 07:32 AM

I too have neighbors who posted on walls stating a ******* till IOS users get their update. Abd they are not bakibg anything and blocked baker door.

pinksweets4u
07-19-12, 07:37 AM
I know not ALL ios users are being ugly about the update but i too have neighbors *******ing. The have stopped baking and blocked their doors. They posted on their walls saying that they will not b sending parts until they get their updates too. But i also have great ios users who are being awesome about the whole thing. So to those i say thank u. And i wont b deleting anyone. If ppl want to b silly adults thats on them. Im still playing.

crissy9112
07-19-12, 10:20 AM
I know not ALL ios users are being ugly about the update but i too have neighbors *******ing. The have stopped baking and blocked their doors. They posted on their walls saying that they will not b sending parts until they get their updates too. But i also have great ios users who are being awesome about the whole thing. So to those i say thank u. And i wont b deleting anyone. If ppl want to b silly adults thats on them. Im still playing.

Ditto, I do have Alot of wonderful IOS neighbors.. Sad that a select few acted so selfishly the past couple days

lin77
07-19-12, 01:10 PM
So android didn't get goals so does that mean we can ******* ios users now? Lol........ :p

sweetstuff525
07-19-12, 01:22 PM
So android didn't get goals so does that mean we can ******* ios users now? Lol........ :p

We got goals which most of us won't complete since we need to spend gems to complete them... And we won't get all the recipes because some or one are locked by goals that need gems... It's bitter sweet

lin77
07-19-12, 01:31 PM
We got goals which most of us won't complete since we need to spend gems to complete them... And we won't get all the recipes because some or one are locked by goals that need gems... It's bitter sweet

Yeah....I was just kidding....just pointing out again how stupid this ******* was! Lol

lin77
07-19-12, 01:33 PM

Wow...just read the last part there....u mean that if some goals aren't completed you wont get some of the recipes we get? Is that right?

mposey
07-19-12, 01:36 PM
T
Wow...just read the last part there....u mean that if some goals aren't completed you wont get some of the recipes we get? Is that right?

It depends some times recipes are blocked until you finish a goal but if housing finish that goal you don't get that recipe. :( but yet on my daughters android the recipe already shows up on her regular oven o her to bake.

nmishii
07-19-12, 01:36 PM

Sorry to hear that.

This is the first time that goal recipes were made available to Android players. In the past they weren't, and often all we were able to see were empty counters and people eating invisible food.

That's a move in the right direction for Android players. Thank you TL. Hope it continues.

mposey
07-19-12, 01:37 PM
I have no clue what word I type for auto correct chooses housing??! Lol

nmishii
07-19-12, 01:38 PM

Okay, now I don't feel so bad because I couldn't figure it out either.

lin77
07-19-12, 01:47 PM
T

It depends some times recipes are blocked until you finish a goal but if housing finish that goal you don't get that recipe. :( but yet on my daughters android the recipe already shows up on her regular oven o her to bake.

Oh.....well then I probably wouldn't want goals....which I never get them (kindle fire) so I guess that's fine w/ me. :)

kristieron
07-19-12, 08:45 PM
I agree with you 100% I myself am an android user so sick of *******s!! They have even went as far as to say they are *******ing for android users lol I tell them all the time if your gonna protest something for me how about the real world stuff dont ruin something I love playing and use to get away from it all!! Thank your for getting all this out there♥

kristieron
07-19-12, 08:51 PM
Not just ios but also android users And whats makes it sad its not kids trying to protest random stuff but also the adults!!! Everyone wants what they dont have and even then they wont be happy♥I feel sorry for them in ways cause how bad does your life have to be to bring it into a fictional game

OrdinaryJoe
07-19-12, 08:53 PM

I thought you might have typed "you dont".... Auto correct is crazy sometimes!

pinkster73
07-19-12, 09:22 PM
I thought you might have typed "you dont".... Auto correct is crazy sometimes!

Exactly. It could have been much worse then "housing".

crissy9112
07-20-12, 03:33 PM
Exactly. It could have been much worse then "housing".

Haaha y'all are hilarious!

unosocite
07-20-12, 04:13 PM
What? I didn't even no there was a war. iOS users're a lil jealous, but not of us are like ur 5 neighbors.
Add me if u'd like. I always accept request and send gift u ask me to

unosocite
07-20-12, 04:16 PM

Lol yeah, nobody likes the goals. Gems wasting

sourlicorice5
07-20-12, 07:53 PM
Then delete those nbrs.....I would not keep any nbr that was that petty!

I agree, I'd delete them to. I'm IOS and accepted all requests from my lovely android nbrs. I think those people were obviously kids not mature adults.

sourlicorice5
07-20-12, 08:01 PM
I appreciate your input and want to touch on a couple things. As stated earlier, I apologized if it sounded like an IOS bash. The only time I said anything negative in reguards to the actual users was when I was speaking from experience in reguards to them *******ing certain players. I also apologize for the fact that I failed to say "some" IOS users and not all. Again, I assumed it was understood that I didn't mean every single IOS user. My mistake. Also, as stated before I did infact delete those neighbors, but I appreciate your suggestion to do so. I never "cried" about how much money I spent, I simply included that tidbit to establish Pathos in the beginning, in that I understand how frustrating it can be when you spend alot of money and feel jipped. that although I'm a paying customer, I understand if I am overly upset about something, I have the option of leaving. Lastly, the length of my post has mo bearing on my maturity. A sign of maturity is being able to articulate your thoughts, as well as expanding and explaining how you feel. I had a problem, and I voiced it.

I thought you voiced it well and did not see any immaturity in it unlike a previous post you were replying to with this one. It was very well written (minus the admission of some not all but I guess some missed your apology about it on another post. People should really read all the way through before replying to posts).