PDA

View Full Version : Constant sparkling.

BlueCanary
07-18-12, 09:37 AM
I downloaded this game this morning and I do like it. However, when people tap on the buildings to leave sparkles, they don't go away until the building is ready to have its money collected. I'm assuming thats the way it works, unless I've missed something obvious. I did delete/reinstall and restart my iphone just in case it was having an issue with the game.

Is there any way that the sparkles could be made a bit less obnoxious? I have no problem with only collecting the tips when the money is due, but having to stare at the maniacally sparkling city while building and such is really distracting and annoying.

Some of them even continue to sparkle after collection which makes me wonder if its a bug.

Its annoying enough that I'll be deleting the game once I hit level 12 and get the rewards for my other games. If its changed I'll likely continue to play because it is cute and fairly entertaining.

Does this annoy anyone else?

shakiba
07-18-12, 10:27 AM
This did annoy me when I used to play CS. Maybe they can fix it for the new game.

crushedgrapes
07-20-12, 02:14 AM
This is super annoying. I don't feel like I'm collecting the bonus' like I do in other games (using the double tap method, you can see the bonus added to your $).
This is really annoying. Hurts my eyes to look at. I too will be deleting after level 12 if this isn't changed.

ButterPanda
07-21-12, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback on the sparkling. I think it would be nice if you could remove it before the building is ready to collect as well. I will pass this on to our devs.

flameab
07-23-12, 07:45 AM
The sparkling is annoying / distracting. Also, is there any benefit to 'tipping'? (e.g. extra coins / stars?) I think there are stars, but as they are only ever collected when the rent is collected it is difficult to know whether stars occur regardless. If there is no benefit then why both tipping?

bigbux3
07-23-12, 11:23 AM
It's unbelievably annoying and the fact is that all of our suggestions for City Story never went into Metro, so why did they make another app?

cocobumpy
07-29-12, 11:26 AM
I think many of our suggestions were taken into consideration. I recall reading multiple requests for moving cars, people, day/night feature, and more expansion. This new game seems to have granted those requests. Albeit, the design is beyond cartoonish; but I suspect that too will get better with time. I'm hopeful. Let's see. I also think they will eventually resume designing for the older version of CS once all the bugs, kinks, blinks and winks are worked out. Then it'll probably just fall into the new release circulation along with all the other games--PURE SPECULATION. I'd hate for the original CS to just fall off. It's a great game.

flameab
08-09-12, 08:55 AM
The message concerned a number of annoying issues with this game particularly the (1) constant sparkling (which doesn't seem to do anything i.e. it appears to be of no benefit to 'cyc' or to be cleaned); (2) presence of coins which cant be collected - it is impossible to look at the city as a city because it is covered in 'rubble' (i.e. coins which cant be collected, and industries which need goods); (3) it is not possible to make a city because any item from which coins cant be collected or goods 'fed' must be removed in order not to have the coins / goods symbols all over the city; (4) day-night is annoying - I play it and it is usually night. I like night, but not all the time. Can this be an option?

3cala
08-19-12, 07:43 PM
Why is the city constantly sparkling? Also, I think the greenhouse windmills are highly distracting.

jtm101
08-20-12, 10:37 PM
You get a 20% bonus in coins from collecting cleaned buildings. I'm unsure whether there is an xp bonus. Either way i dont care, am already lvl 30. I do like the extra coins!

miniracers
12-31-15, 05:33 AM
Hello, i've just joined up, and i've been trying to find out how to stop the sparkling, does anybody know?