PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion on buying spaces & appliances in gems.

jc0208
07-18-12, 09:28 AM
Please share whether you think use gems to buy space & appliances is a wise act or not.
I am level 77 now.
I want to expand (both space & appliances)
But if I use coins, I will be totally broke.
I've gather 95 gems now, so is in a dilemma now....
I got 2,726,997 coins only /_\

shakiba
07-18-12, 09:30 AM
Well, I never want to spend my gems for an expansion because I get my coins in BS a little easy.

sweetstuff525
07-18-12, 09:34 AM
I would never expand with gems nor I buy slot appliances for 49 gems before they was 25 gems ... I like to spend my gems on decor

sweetstuff525
07-18-12, 10:05 AM
When you get to the higher levels - expansions cost 7,000,000 coins. It takes forever!! I swore I would never buy gems but did buy them to fully expand in Bakery and Restaurant. I would have had to earn about 28,000,000 coins to fully expand! I probably won't buy gems again but I'm happy I did for the expansions. Now I can decorate and not have to worry about planning for more room.

My next expansion costs 10 mil the next one 15 mil next 20 mil and last 30 mil so too fully expand I need 75 mil lol ... I so t use gems for expansion

sweetstuff525
07-18-12, 10:06 AM
My next expansion costs 10 mil the next one 15 mil next 20 mil and last 30 mil so too fully expand I need 75 mil lol ... I so t use gems for expansion

Meant to say I won't use gems for expansion

Gypsy_Cat
07-18-12, 10:52 AM
I'm working towards the 3 million expansion, and it does take a long time to earn the coins. However, I look at it as a way of prolonging my game. I wouldn't want to use gems as a quick way of advancing, I would rather earn the next step.

Of course I'll probably be singing a different tune when I get to the 20 mil expansion! ha ha ha

cakeandpie
07-18-12, 10:57 AM
I would never waste gems on something that you can use coins for. I guess I am just more patient in accumulating coins for expansion.

I would NEVER buy another appliance spot--I am at the max slots (18) and I cook food FAR faster than I sell it. It already accumulates like crazy--I am not sure why anyone would want to pay gems to add to the problem.

3squares
07-18-12, 11:36 AM
Save the gems for decor. We hope that TL will revert to 24 gems for extra app slots (not holding my breath) if people don't buy them for 49.

Expansions: wait and save up your coins. If you have a lot of food, you can use one of Fec's layouts to speed up sales. I DON'T have a lot of food, even though I'm now Level 97, because I took a week off last March, and since then have been mostly cooking foods I haven't mastered. A lot of those new recipes have small plate yields, and sell out fast. but you can always cook more recipes you've mastered to boost your buffet.

I did my last expansion I think 6 weeks ago? I routinely make over $80,000 overnight, don't know what my daily totals are, not including tips. Even with buying 18 Juice Machines and 10 Tiki Ovens and the Violynist, I have over $3,000,000 in coins. My next expansion is $10,000,000 but I'm not in a hurry. I already have tons of space.

My suggestion is be patient; redecorate and put some items in storage if u feel your resto is too crowded. Save the gems for decor.

melby29
07-18-12, 06:32 PM
I would NEVER use Gems to buy appliance slots. I'm happy to level up til I max out the slots and then make do with those. After all, there is a maximum number of plates you can sell in a day (the biggest I've see is GroovyRuss's 91,000) and even with my 11 appliances, I can keep up with my demand and make a decent amount of money. So I don't see the point in using gems for more when I can use them for pretty things :-)

Having said that - I would (and did) spend gems on expansion. My next expansion is 6 million coins, but I can do it for 80 gems. If I was to swap 80 gems for coins, I would only get 320,000 coins. I am on Android, so I don't get the goals to help with my gem count, but I have bought some so I could expand - silly, perhaps, but I pay to watch a movie for enjoyment, right?

FrozenIris
07-18-12, 10:02 PM
I always save gems for decor unless I accidentally click something silly like instantly cooking food >_<
I've never bought gems before and I try to be somewhat of a "hoarder" ^.^
I never use gems on appliances and expansions. In my opinion it's just not worth it! Why use "real money" to buy something that could be bought with "fake money"? I understand that it would take much more time but in my opinion it's much better to wait and save gems for something really special, like matching decor for a theme you may want to do sometime.

jc0208
07-18-12, 11:05 PM
Alright, thanks for all the replies.
Deeply appreciated!
And I'll start gathering coins & save my gems now :)

OrdinaryJoe
07-19-12, 05:33 PM
What is the max expansion? I mean, what is the largest size restaurant and/or bakery we can have?