PDA

View Full Version : Do you clear your counters?

lebooboo
07-18-12, 02:05 AM
I've got a few million plates in my bakery. All of the counters fit, but it isn't very cute looking. I'm saving up for the next expansion. I want to clear my counters, but I hate wasting potential earnings. I don't have this problem in RS.

Does anyone else have more food than they know what to do with? Do you clear your counters? And is there any way to force my food to sell faster?

jtm101
07-18-12, 03:02 AM
I counted all my food last week. I had 6 million plates on 80 counters, Will take me 170 days to sell out... Joy.

To sell your food quicker, you can arrange your bakery so that the register is by the door and you have the fewest number of steps to the furthermost table, and the min number of tables to get 100 hearts.

If you have lots of counters, I think its a good idea to always have the 'big 12' recipes available to sell. ie all the recipes that give 6 coins or more per serve. This way you'll maximise your average coin per serve for all counters. I get 4.8 coins on avg. if i didnt have these 12, i'd only get 4 coins per serv and miss out on 40,000 coins per day.

marrrina
07-18-12, 03:24 AM
My largest plate is over 300,000. I haven't cooked in over a month (on the rare occasion I cook once a week) because I'm trying to clear my counters by selling.

I don't do it manually unless it's a gifted food, like cappuccino or hot chocolate. But I no longer accept food gifts because I just don't have the room.

shakiba
07-18-12, 09:26 AM
I'm trying to get rid of the boring white counters (of which, I have many). I move the counters with the fewest plates into "isolation" away from the rest. That way I can keep an eye on them and when one is empty - I get rid of it. I too hate to throw out the food!

I do this too. Now there are much nicer counters, I want to get rid of the white ones. I only throw the food which has less than 1000 servings, which is rare since my servings are way higher than that. I dont want my food go to waste.

lola1190
07-18-12, 11:55 AM
I throw out food all the time! I only have 11 counters and want to keep that way. when i start mastering a new recipe, if i dont have any counters free i just throw the food out off one of them. I m not going to run out so it doesnt concern me.

sourlicorice5
07-18-12, 04:10 PM
I clear the odd counter if I've cooked a recipe and don't have counter space. I don't want to add anymore counters. I already have more than what I'd like. But I always click and try to find one that doesn't have as many dishes left on it.

tartaros
07-18-12, 07:21 PM
this is becoming a serious problem. I have millions of servings that I have no clue what to do with. I don't want to clear it, but TL doesn't tell you what new recipes are limited time and which ones are permanent. And mastering recipes is the only way I have for me to earn gems. Plus not cooking because I'm waiting for people to eat is kinda boring. And I build 18 of each new machine. So that plus costs from cooking mean earning issues. It used to be that while building machines constantly plus cooking constantly, my total money went up. But the combo of making these things more expensive and massively slowing down the customers is making this ridiculous. I'm considering just not playing anymore. It's ridiculous. Constantly raising prices and slowing down customers and making some things limited time but not telling us what or how long. Plus, it makes it really hard to tell the difference between neighbours who quit the games 6 months ago and neighbours who are taking a several month break and waiting for some counters to clear. Because their bakeries look exactly the same!

melby29
07-18-12, 08:02 PM
this is becoming a serious problem. I have millions of servings that I have no clue what to do with. I don't want to clear it, but TL doesn't tell you what new recipes are limited time and which ones are permanent. And mastering recipes is the only way I have for me to earn gems. Plus not cooking because I'm waiting for people to eat is kinda boring. And I build 18 of each new machine. So that plus costs from cooking mean earning issues. It used to be that while building machines constantly plus cooking constantly, my total money went up. But the combo of making these things more expensive and massively slowing down the customers is making this ridiculous. I'm considering just not playing anymore. It's ridiculous. Constantly raising prices and slowing down customers and making some things limited time but not telling us what or how long. Plus, it makes it really hard to tell the difference between neighbours who quit the games 6 months ago and neighbours who are taking a several month break and waiting for some counters to clear. Because their bakeries look exactly the same!

Wow. I can't imagine ever having that much food. If mine ever gets above about 100,000, then I slow it down by just cooking Red Velvet Cake. I think when I start mastering the recipes for the special appliances, I'll just stick to having one or two of them and take my time, rather than spending heaps on getting lots so I can master quickly.

@lebooboo, I think if I was in your shoes, I would go one step further than jtm101 said. I would chuck out anything that sells for less than 6 coins. That way, your average sales would be over 6 coins per plate.

If there is stuff that you really don't want to part with, then make sure you get the chef to move it all to one counter, then make sure as you cook your high-value stuff that it goes onto lots of counters. That way, you will sell more of the high-value stuff and less of the low value stuff so your average earnings per plate will rise.

And when you have too much food for sale, start cooking less than you sell. If you sell, say, 40,000 plates per day (that's about my average), cook lots of Red Velvet cakes - if you have 18 ovens, then the maximum you can cook if you do one batch per day is about 22,000. That means that you are decreasing your stock by 18,000 plates per day, but increasing your average sale price, so your stock will go down and your money will go up.

07-18-12, 08:11 PM
Sometimes I make too much food and I have buy extra counters... If I do have extra food I do that.. But it sucks cuz I won't have room in my Bakery...

sophial
07-18-12, 09:31 PM
That is exactly why I had a thread asking TL to make the speed of selling faster. However, there were few people support me at that time.

lebooboo
07-18-12, 11:01 PM
I know, I wish the speed was between RS and BS. I was at the full 18 stoves in RS before I could relax and not worry about running out of food.

Thanks for the advice guys. i'll pay more attention when I'm cooking to how much each plate is worth.

tartaros
07-21-12, 11:45 PM
Wow. I can't imagine ever having that much food. If mine ever gets above about 100,000, then I slow it down by just cooking Red Velvet Cake. I think when I start mastering the recipes for the special appliances, I'll just stick to having one or two of them and take my time, rather than spending heaps on getting lots so I can master quickly.

@lebooboo, I think if I was in your shoes, I would go one step further than jtm101 said. I would chuck out anything that sells for less than 6 coins. That way, your average sales would be over 6 coins per plate.

If there is stuff that you really don't want to part with, then make sure you get the chef to move it all to one counter, then make sure as you cook your high-value stuff that it goes onto lots of counters. That way, you will sell more of the high-value stuff and less of the low value stuff so your average earnings per plate will rise.

And when you have too much food for sale, start cooking less than you sell. If you sell, say, 40,000 plates per day (that's about my average), cook lots of Red Velvet cakes - if you have 18 ovens, then the maximum you can cook if you do one batch per day is about 22,000. That means that you are decreasing your stock by 18,000 plates per day, but increasing your average sale price, so your stock will go down and your money will go up.

The problem is that when you have that much food, slowing things down by 22,000 a day is a drop in the bucket. And Team Lava doesn't tell us what recipes are seasonal and there for a limited time so if you don't want to lose out on the gems from mastery then you need to cook all the new food (except the stuff on the new machines--being able to build the machines expires, but not the recipes--except for bonus recipes, but androids don't really get those)--and well, that's a lot of food, different foods.

And clearing everything that's under 6 per serving? All new recipes are worth 4 per serving. So should players just not bother to cook them? Or should they stick an enormous amount of time and money into cooking a recipe so that they can cook it and get the mastery gems and then just trash it and through that virtual money and real time down the drain?

TL needs to speed things up. Bakery Story was not always this slow. Neither was Restaurant Story. They slowed them both down recently, but they slowed BS down much more then RS--which is weird because BS had original been faster then RS because of cooking times etc...it made sense. Now BS is just too slow. It used to be that speed was somewhat dependent on num of seats, etc, so you could slow or speed things up by manipulating your bakery. Either that's not true anymore or BS has been slowed down so much that people starting out the game probably never have to close their bakery doors.

yuimiko
07-22-12, 02:06 AM
oh well, I have 9.6 million plates on my counter and I would like to stop baking.
Just like tartaros' comment above, I do not wanna lose the chance of earning gems and afraid those are only available on a limited time. I bake anyway and stock even more food on my counters.

melby29
07-22-12, 03:21 AM
@tartaros, I meant just the current stock that is worth less than 6 - I didn't mean not to cook anything new that is less than 6. . That will then increase the average sale price, which will increase the profits that OP can use to expand so the bakery isn't so crowded. As far as potential earnings - well, if you have over 1 million plates and you are still cooking more than you can serve so you can master stuff, then the potential for you to ever be able to sell all that without just shutting your doors is pretty much zero.

I guess it all comes down to your priorities. Some people like to master at any cost, so they will buy 20 of a specialty machine just to master as quickly as possible. The person who spends 500,000 on machines that only make 3 different recipes probably doesn't care so much about potential earnings.

I am at a stage where expansion is my main goal, so I can relate to lebooboo wanting to see the coins go up. I was giving one option, which was the option that I would take if I had that much food.

It is a pity that the maximum sale rate seems to be way too low for so many people. I agree that it would be better to be able to manipulate things in your bakery to vary the rate of sales a lot more than you can now.

sweettooth6
07-22-12, 01:47 PM
I admit to dumping full counters of food when I don't care for the look of the item, lol. I've been playing for 1.5 years, so the lost revenue isn't really an issue (not trying to brag)

At least I earn gems by mastering the recipe.

I don't want my bakery completely packed with counters and I don't want to expand again right now.

mattyboo1
07-22-12, 02:03 PM
I have way too much food on restaurant story and can't keep up on bakery story I never clear counters I just take breaks from cooking

sourlicorice5
07-22-12, 04:17 PM
I just dumped a ton in Bakery cause I had to many and wanted to decorate with the Olympic stuff and the Olympic counters but didn't want more counters. I figure who cares. It's not real money anyways that I'm losing out on.