PDA

View Full Version : Problem expanding

staffygirl
07-18-12, 01:10 AM
I downloaded the game today. I needed 1 permit. I have 2/1 so went ahead to expand. Clicked on area I wanted. It expanded. Then two seconds later, I get the man driving the car (the update shot) and it reverts back to pre-expanded area. I have tried a number of times, but happens repeatedly.
I use Apple iPhone 4, version 5.1.1
Not sure how to take screen shots.
My Storm ID is staffygirllisa for this device. My other ID (for the iPad) is staffygirl. I haven't downloaded it on that device yet, as it isn't part of the goals yet.

MinxiW
07-18-12, 01:14 AM
Me too, on the iPad though

staffygirl
07-18-12, 02:42 AM
I have done a forced close, but still won't expand. It actually expands, taking ten seconds, but then suddenly reverts back. I can't proceed in the game now, as I have no room to build banks, homes etc. I won't be downloading it on the iPad until this is fixed.

kittzilla
07-18-12, 04:15 AM
Just downloaded the game today & I can't expand. Yet my friend who also started today can.

Pity, was actually enjoying this game.

kittzilla
07-18-12, 04:16 AM
Oh, we're both playing on iPads with iOS 4

holykia
07-18-12, 04:16 AM
I'm having the same problem

missmeow21
07-18-12, 05:19 AM
I'm having the same issue on iPad. Very annoying as I can continue to play. On level 7 with no room to add more buildings

JJKov
07-18-12, 05:35 AM
I am having exactly the same issue - very frustrating. We have two IPods and it is only happening on this one - started today Apple Ipod 4

kooky panda
07-18-12, 08:20 AM
I just expanded this morning with no issues. Has anyone tried deleting the game and and redownloading it from the app store?

I will go ahead and report this over.

dirkofnurn
07-18-12, 11:12 AM
I'm playing City Story Metro on my iPhone 4S.
Whenever I try to do a land expansion either while the land is expanding or right after it expands the loading car comes up and my expansion rolls back I don't lose the coins or expanding item. I have closed the app and restarted my phone And it still happens.
Any help would be appreciated.

keemo2000
07-18-12, 11:24 AM
This is happening on my iPad too!

keemo2000
07-18-12, 11:27 AM
This is happening to me on my iPad

DaojinWildfire
07-18-12, 12:00 PM
I was able to expand without any issues as well. Please check the signal strength of your wireless connection. The reverts that have been mentioned sound like sync errors, which occur when the game attempts to connect to the servers, but the wireless connection is too weak or there is no connection at all.

Keeks71
07-18-12, 12:10 PM
yes, I tried deleting and reinstalling. Still the expansion won't "stick". ipad here.

kooky panda
07-18-12, 01:40 PM
I was able to expand without any issues as well. Please check the signal strength of your wireless connection. The reverts that have been mentioned sound like sync errors, which occur when the game attempts to connect to the servers, but the wireless connection is too weak or there is no connection at all.

Try restarting your device, then when you come into the game, exit out of the message screen . Make sure you connected to the servers, then try to expand again.

holykia
07-18-12, 02:40 PM
I have Coonection strength is full but still having this problem.

holykia
07-18-12, 02:42 PM

I have try everything but this havin this problem. Please fix this bug or I guess I will delete the game.

staffygirl
07-18-12, 03:11 PM
I started a thread on this problem yesterday. Still happening.

staffygirl
07-18-12, 03:14 PM
Still happening. Connection strength is fine. I play every other Story game & never have this prob so it's not strength problem. Judging by the number of other people experiencing this, it appears to be a genuine program bug.

missmeow21
07-18-12, 06:53 PM
I have tried reinstalling and I have a very strong Internet connection and the problem is still happening. I am using an iPad with latestest update

kooky panda
07-18-12, 06:56 PM
I will let DW know still issues.

staffygirl
07-18-12, 07:01 PM
Thanks KP. Its so frustrating as I cannot get any further in the game without expanding.

kooky panda
07-18-12, 07:12 PM
I expanded this morning with no issues, but I do not have enough coins to test another expansion yet.

sinc823
07-18-12, 08:40 PM
Been trying to expand for the whole day and is still not working.... Please fix this!!!
And I'm 100% sure it's not the connection!!!
I'm using iPad updated to lastest software!

missmeow21
07-18-12, 10:52 PM
I'm still experiencing this issue

holykia
07-18-12, 10:54 PM

Same with you.

kittzilla
07-18-12, 11:45 PM

Me too =(
I've deleted the game & reinstalled. Tried this practically right on top of my wifi & still reverts.

MinxiW
07-19-12, 12:42 AM
I have deleted it and re-installed it. It's still not working

MinxiW
07-19-12, 12:45 AM
Also tried with my 3G and it still doesn't work

JJKov
07-19-12, 03:40 AM
I just expanded this morning with no issues. Has anyone tried deleting the game and and redownloading it from the app store?

I will go ahead and report this over.

I deleted and then reloaded it from the app store. Initially it let me expand until the system saves, or that's what it feels like; and then the expansion was gone. This went on several times and in between it gets the little car and I lose the immediated expansion within seconds of it finishing. I am so agravated by dealing with this for over 24 hours. Our other Ipod got the game same day - within an hour of this one - and is expanding with no problems. GRRRRRR

anykelaine
07-19-12, 05:35 AM
I think the problem is the compatibility of your game with that of the iPad .... Because i have the same problem and i have a iPad... :(

rrboutique
07-19-12, 06:49 AM
deleting and re-downloading didn't resolve the problem, how should i rate this game, em.....maybe 0

kooky panda
07-19-12, 08:03 AM
What is the costs of the expansions you are on?

I just expanded off my Ipad 3 the $500.00 expansion(1st expansion) and had no issues.

me2nyy
07-19-12, 08:33 AM
I have people posting on my wall about this problem. Some people are not able to expand, others have no problem.

kittzilla
07-19-12, 09:08 AM
What is the costs of the expansions you are on?

I just expanded off my Ipad 3 the $500.00 expansion(1st expansion) and had no issues.

I'm still trying to get the very first expansion ($500 & 1 permit). I'm using an iPad 2
Stuck with original sized city & can't progress any further.
The other iPad 2 in our house is not having any issues with expanding.

inside16
07-19-12, 09:08 AM
I deleted the app on my iphone and went back in and added it. This time it wanted me to read terms and accept them prior to loading (this did not happen yesturday when I first got the game) Sorry to say it still isnt letting me expand.

dirkofnurn
07-19-12, 10:02 AM
I have tried all of this stuff and have full signal

kooky panda
07-19-12, 10:12 AM
Guys I have sent this over again. I am also going to merge this thread with the other one on this issue to keep everything together.

anykelaine
07-19-12, 12:46 PM
I have iPad 1 and i try first expand, i'm level 7... And isn't possible. I try to not waiting and pay to gem... The game during most long, but after 2 min the bug is the same... Please help me !!

DaojinWildfire
07-19-12, 02:00 PM
I still haven't experienced any expansions within my account. If you're still experiencing expansion issues, can you check and provide us with the following details?

1. Open the Community tab. Are you able to visit another player's city?
2. Post a screenshot of the expansion area that's causing the issue.
3. Post a screenshot of the expansion window that displays the price and parts required.

I'll keep checking my expansions, but any of the info above would definitely help us investigate this issue. Thanks!

staffygirl
07-19-12, 03:22 PM
I have the necessary screenshots but don't know how to post them. They are in my photos, but this forum asks for the http address for the pics. I don't have one as they are on my computer.

onepurple
07-19-12, 04:01 PM
I am having the same problem I downloaded it 2 days ago it is a real shame as I do like this one I have almost every other game released from team lava and really want to continue. I will try deleting and redownloading :(

greygull
07-19-12, 04:06 PM
I have the necessary screenshots but don't know how to post them. They are in my photos, but this forum asks for the http address for the pics. I don't have one as they are on my computer.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum

staffygirl
07-19-12, 05:19 PM
Yes, I can visit Neighbours. Following are a series of screen shots in reverse order they were taken after attempting to expand.
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/dobermannsharpei/e3d1de37.jpg
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/dobermannsharpei/65ea5287.jpg
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/dobermannsharpei/3a6a33aa.jpg
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/dobermannsharpei/f82d975c.jpg
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af80/dobermannsharpei/44a947a9.jpg

merbags2
07-19-12, 06:03 PM
I am having the same problem on my iPhone 4S

holykia
07-19-12, 06:24 PM
I'm still having the same issue. I notice my Ipad 2 is not having this issue but my iphone 4s is having this issue. Quite disappointed as this issue have not been solve.

ENZOandIZZIE
07-19-12, 06:27 PM
I am sorry to say that I am also having this problem. I have done all suggested "fixes" 4 times each and all to no avail....That is I have turned my device on and off and I have deleted and downloaded again and I have checked my connection. I downloaded this game for the first time 2 days ago, my first expansion happens ($500 and 1 permit), and then the car comes and then it is back to square one. My connection is fine, I can visit other cities and I have no problems with any other TeamLava games so this is just getting frustrating! Please fix this as it looks like a great game :) Thanks

kittzilla
07-19-12, 09:44 PM
I just tried expanding again today & it worked!!!

The only difference was I wasn't asked to use a permit. Cost $500 only.
Also managed to expand the second time costing $1,500.
So far no need to use ANY permits to expand.

Not sure what TL did, but thanks!!!

staffygirl
07-19-12, 10:12 PM
Me too! It worked! Thank you so much TL! Now I really can enjoy the game!

JJKov
07-20-12, 07:59 PM
Already posted that I had this trouble. I even got it back after deleting and re-installing. However there was a slight difference for a while and that was that it didn't disappear straight away. So I started manually ending the game and it began saving my expansions. I'm going great ***s now. The first time I re-installed it was from 'already purchased', in the app store; the second time I re-installed when it prompted me to install new game - it kept my buildings and level. :-) Good luck everyone.