PDA

View Full Version : Tips and tricks to avoid Gem Traps

kancilkiller
07-16-12, 07:30 PM
It is unavoidable that we often tap faster than we can trigger an AK47, so this is a workaround I practising.

The workaround is rethink and redesign the place.

Problem:
#1 Accidentally click on Accept "Finish making this dish INSTANTLY for # Gems"

Solution to minimise the risk to hit the above Gem Traps:

1. Avoid putting any Stoves next to any tables
- if stoves are placed next to tables, it is very easily to tap to the stove next to the table when you are collecting your tips
- therefore, leave an empty space in between any Stoves and tables
- if space is a constrain, then try place the Stoves at the upper part from tables, not lower part from the table. By table being overlapped by the stoves, collecting tips will be difficult and very easy fall into Gem Traps.

2. Isolate all Stoves in a corner
- to further minimise the risk, try isolate the stoves in a far end corner

3. Tap only on the left part of the screen, avoid tapping on the right part of the screen.
- The right part of the screen is where the "Accept" buttons are located. Tap only on the left part of the screen, and it won't hit the Accept button unintensionally.

Good luck! This is top secret, don't let TeamLava know this, else they will start placing the Accept button covering the entire screen.

I'll post some screenshots with good and bad example of Gem Trap design later.

justk9188
07-16-12, 07:36 PM
Nice. Thank you for your post. Luckily i just lost 3 gems accidently :).

kancilkiller
07-16-12, 09:01 PM
I catagorise Gem Trap risk into 3 level by judging based on the risks involved.

Total of three risk factor

1. Stoves are not isolated - Risk value: 1 point
2. Stove next to table - Risk value: 2 points
3. Stove overlapping table - Risk value: 4 points

Evaluate your Gem Trap risk. From range 0 point to 7 points. The higher the points, the higher the risk.

Example of Risk evaluation in the following photo album.
https://picasaweb.google.com/117060984203591751115/RestaurantStory?authuser=0&feat=directlink

I am not sure posing a link above will get a warning or something... I hope this is not

jamesdean1957
07-24-12, 08:25 PM
I know I always hit it Some players near July 4 *******ed against it and were banned but I love your tips!