PDA

View Full Version : City Metro Tips and Information

kooky panda
07-16-12, 06:23 AM
Hey guys, post some tips here on things that help your game play.
Also we can use this post 1 to keep reference information.

Industry Buildings: Max you can have is 6.

Greenhouse:

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/da0eb2bf-1.jpg

Industrial Plant

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/013737f2-1.jpg

Idea Factory

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/b4af7b0d-1.jpg

Community Buildings

Wind Farm

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/81311223.jpg

zoroak
07-16-12, 07:31 AM
If I'm close to moving up a level, I check in more frequently to collect off vic houses, get XP so I can move up a level and have a complete energy refill.
Vic houses are useful in this respect but are a drain on energy so will sell them in future for residences that generate income at a slower rate.
In general, I use my energy in a similar way to you, Kooky :)

mattyboo1
07-16-12, 05:35 PM
I always collect coins and but things to get a better city ASAP I even bought 20 gems

mattyboo1
07-16-12, 05:36 PM
Sorry I mean bought things

RoseMiti
07-18-12, 07:44 AM
Not a tip but I noticed that sometimes I get energy from some buildings when I collect, especially solar farrm.

kooky panda
07-18-12, 08:26 AM
Not a tip but I noticed that sometimes I get energy from some buildings when I collect, especially solar farrm.
I had not noticed that. I will keep an eye on that one. thanks

SweetSensation23
07-18-12, 02:02 PM
...so....basically you cannot play this game without being forced to purchase gems? Really ? not that I would mind...I'm on android...

kooky panda
07-19-12, 10:43 AM
...so....basically you cannot play this game without being forced to purchase gems? Really ? not that I would mind...I'm on android...

You are never forced to purchase gems. You can play with game without ever purchasing any gems.

RoseMiti
07-19-12, 03:17 PM
There's a random chance of getting energy when collecting from Community or Wonders. Not sure what happens if we are full of energy. So it's better to collect from houses/businesses before collecting from Community/Wonders when you are full.

kooky panda
07-19-12, 04:33 PM
Couple of things that I do to use my energy the best way.

I first use my energy to place new contracts.

I clear off buildings that need goods so they can start generating coins again.
I collect from my businesses for the coins.
Then I collect from the residences that generate the most coins, then any extra energy
I collect from my low paying houses.

I always save and buy a community building so I always have a community building
going since it takes me a few days to get my material items.

kooky panda
07-19-12, 04:57 PM
There's a random chance of getting energy when collecting from Community or Wonders. Not sure what happens if we are full of energy. So it's better to collect from houses/businesses before collecting from Community/Wonders when you are full.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31967-Random-Energy&p=354638&viewfull=1#post354638

kooky panda
07-20-12, 01:10 PM
Wanted to give a little heads up to everyone :

I expanded over the water today. Once expansion finished, I will now have to clear off 20 waters.

I already did a couple, and they did NOT go into my inventory.(I think bigbux asked this on another thread).

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/ce10d860-1.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af320/rakinsey99/4b6abc96-1.jpg

bernadette16668
07-20-12, 05:50 PM
I have a question did the time to collect from the Victorian hoses go up? It's that at first it was 3 mins then 6 then 20 now 15 hours.

fastcatiecat
07-24-12, 05:56 AM
Will someone please tell me how to purchase supplies with coins. The only option I see is to buy them with gems which can't be right. This is the third time I have posted this question and no response so far so please let me know how to get to the contracts page. the only one that comes up for me is the one for the greenhouse.

kooky panda
07-24-12, 09:33 AM
Will someone please tell me how to purchase supplies with coins. The only option I see is to buy them with gems which can't be right. This is the third time I have posted this question and no response so far so please let me know how to get to the contracts page. the only one that comes up for me is the one for the greenhouse.

I have responded to you on other threads yesterday.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31977-City-Story-Metro-Update-7-19-12&p=357614&viewfull=1#post357614

Your own thread that you started up.
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?32237-How-to-pay-for-supplies-with-coins-not-gems&p=357315&viewfull=1#post357315

yupiyupigumgum
07-28-12, 10:07 AM
What about visiting neighbor? What do the neighbors get? It's not like RS or BS where they can collect coins from tips. Is it Just to make your city more sparkling?

Kijame
07-28-12, 06:13 PM
What about visiting neighbor? What do the neighbors get? It's not like RS or BS where they can collect coins from tips. Is it Just to make your city more sparkling?

Actually, whenever you collect from a sparkly house, you earn more money (and perhaps XP, I didn't check that) than you would usually get. For example, my Victorian Houses gave 12 instead of 10 coins (at the time when they gave money every 3 minutes).

yupiyupigumgum
07-30-12, 09:07 AM
Actually, whenever you collect from a sparkly house, you earn more money (and perhaps XP, I didn't check that) than you would usually get. For example, my Victorian Houses gave 12 instead of 10 coins (at the time when they gave money every 3 minutes).

And there's no advantage for the neighbor, right?

Kijame
07-30-12, 12:17 PM
It's like that in every game though. The only thing you get from helping someone is an increased social rating, which in turn puts you higher up the list for when people randomly visit other people. The person you helped gets the extra coins, and with some common courtesy they'll return the favour and party/clean/tip etc at your place, so you get extra coins too.

cocobumpy
07-31-12, 11:30 AM
How frequently do your victorian huses pay rent? I play on an ipod ios4 and my victorian houses pay $120 every 15 hours. FYI the grandiose house garners $20 every 30 mins.

I've read in other threads that TeamLava may tweak price/gem rates on different devices. I'm curious about your response. Thnx!!

cocobumpy
07-31-12, 11:31 AM
If I'm close to moving up a level, I check in more frequently to collect off vic houses, get XP so I can move up a level and have a complete energy refill.
Vic houses are useful in this respect but are a drain on energy so will sell them in future for residences that generate income at a slower rate.
In general, I use my energy in a similar way to you, Kooky :)

How frequently do your victorian huses pay rent? I play on an ipod ios4 and my victorian houses pay $120 every 15 hours. FYI the grandiose house garners $20 every 30 mins.

I've read in other threads that TeamLava may tweak price/gem rates on different devices. I'm curious about your response. Thnx!!

zoroak
07-31-12, 02:41 PM

Vic houses used to pay 10 coins (? Don't remember exactly) every 3 mins when I posted, it was then changed to 6 min and now 15 h so no, they're not useful any longer for XP nor income. The red vic houses are 150/15h, blue and yellow ones are 90/15h at the moment.

yupiyupigumgum
08-01-12, 01:53 AM
When it took 15 hrs for the victorian house to make money, I sold them. I think the condo and apartements are more profitable since they can produce more money in 1-4 hours so you don't have to collect often, and it will save your energy. iMHo

kimijo48
08-18-12, 12:00 PM
Stupid question, but how do I collect my bonuses from nbrs? I tap on the sparkles and it gives a time to collect or I can spend gems on it to collect! Should be able to tap on sparkles an collect? Help please. Thank u kim

kimijo48
08-18-12, 01:53 PM
Figured out question from above I guess should be able to collect like all the other games tho. But another question why does it cost u energy when u do collect from something u have bought? Should cost u to build or clear, but not to collect off something u ought out right! It kinda defeats the purpose in away. New to game trying to figure it out. So far not liking so much!

benbever
08-19-12, 04:43 AM
Collecting after a set time is ok.
Limiting collecting with a 3-minute "energy" counter is nonsense, and is what is ruining this otherwise good game.

doejp
08-25-12, 06:16 PM
What happens if you want to buy gems, but when you press "add" button there are no gems for purchase?

kooky panda
08-25-12, 08:00 PM
What happens if you want to buy gems, but when you press "add" button there are no gems for purchase?
You have to be on a certain level to be able to purchase gems. What level are you on?

doejp
08-26-12, 03:19 AM
I just started... Lvl 12 :)

doejp
08-27-12, 02:48 PM
I just started... Lvl 12 :)

What level do you have to be at to collect gems?

benbever
08-27-12, 03:48 PM
doejp: What happens if you want to buy gems, but when you press "add" button there are no gems for purchase?
doejp: What level do you have to be at to collect gems?

I would also like to inquire what level you have to be on to be able to purchase gems.

kooky panda
08-27-12, 04:36 PM
What level do you have to be at to collect gems?

I think is is level 6?

kooky panda
08-27-12, 04:37 PM

Are you getting a blank gem screen?

doejp
08-31-12, 05:25 PM
Yes I am getting a blank gem screan. What does that mean?

doejp
08-31-12, 06:15 PM
Yes I am getting a blank gem screan. What does that mean?

*Screen

doejp
09-01-12, 09:03 AM
Very frustrating! There is a necessity for those gems and I am unable to obtain them. I have the same problem with DragonStory too, no gold available (blank screen there also) hmmm...

greygull
09-01-12, 10:34 AM
Very frustrating! There is a necessity for those gems and I am unable to obtain them. I have the same problem with DragonStory too, no gold available (blank screen there also) hmmm...

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20569-Possible-Fix-for-Blank-Purchase-Screen-on-iOS-devices

There are several suggestions in this thread. If you don't want to do the restore, I believe more suggestions towards the end have ways of fixing it without restoring.

doejp
09-01-12, 03:04 PM
I did both steps: first I restarted my device, that didn't do anything; then I deleted and restored all three games(CityStoyr Metro, PetHotel, and DragonStory) which didn't do anything either :( more frustrated now! All data was restored correctly I believe with the exception of still no gems or gold available. HELP! I did not see any other suggestions or couldn't find them as you had suggested, so can you tell me what else to do? Thank you!

doejp
09-02-12, 07:41 AM
Can't buy energy, no gems, can't collect goods, no energy!

doejp
09-02-12, 12:51 PM
Anybody have any suggestions? I completed a goal and received 5 gems, so I know I can have them.

greygull
09-02-12, 01:05 PM
Anybody have any suggestions? I completed a goal and received 5 gems, so I know I can have them.

Email support@teamlava.com Give them your ID and what's happening.

doejp
09-02-12, 05:44 PM
Ok. Thank you for the suggestions.

creeturous
09-07-12, 09:11 PM
I just started playing this and when people tip my buildings I see them sparkle but I can't collect. When I tap a building it just shows me how much time remaining til the building is finished its usual stuff and how many gems to speed up (eg. Rent on houses or profit from businesses)...

benbever
09-08-12, 02:37 AM
When it shows you how much 'time is remaining til the building is finished', then that means you have to wait exactly that time before you can collect from that building. If people tip (visit/clean) your building then you get a nice 20% bonus when collecting. If they tip your victorian house (it sparkles) then you can collect 108 instead of 90 (an additional 18 money) after 16 or less hours. If they are nice and tip your skyview restaurant then you get 540 instead of 450 money. Visitors can also fix your industry if your goods expire.

creeturous
09-08-12, 09:30 PM
Thanks benbever! I wasn't sure if the cleaning tip was built in to the regular profit since other TL games you collect whenever.

arale_norimaki
10-12-12, 04:00 AM
When it shows you how much 'time is remaining til the building is finished', then that means you have to wait exactly that time before you can collect from that building. If people tip (visit/clean) your building then you get a nice 20% bonus when collecting. If they tip your victorian house (it sparkles) then you can collect 108 instead of 90 (an additional 18 money) after 16 or less hours. If they are nice and tip your skyview restaurant then you get 540 instead of 450 money. Visitors can also fix your industry if your goods expire.

Hi there!

Just starting and still don't get how to get rid of the sparkles once I am full. Do they simply disapear after some time?
Thanks a lo?

meme1098
10-16-12, 03:15 PM
Hi there!

Just starting and still don't get how to get rid of the sparkles once I am full. Do they simply disapear after some time?
Thanks a lo?

As stated by benbever, you collect the sparkles at time the house is ready for collection. If the house has sparkles, you collect extra coins for it. If the house has coins over it ready for collection, when you tap it, you collect both sparkles and rent.

threeway5
10-16-12, 09:01 PM
How long do I have before my Industry goods spoil? Is it impacted by Industry Type, Contract Type or Level?

I fell asleep last night after setting a 2 hour contract, woke up 2 hours after it was due to finish, and they were already spoiled :S

hotbeef
10-18-12, 02:04 AM
The shorter contracts expire an hour after they are ready to collect. If you have ordered goods that take 8 hours then you will have a few hours before they expire. Simply put, if your contract is less than 4 hours you need to ensure that you will be able to collect them in a timely manner and if you chose the 8 or more hours contract then you will have plenty of excess time to collect

Charsville
12-06-12, 12:47 AM
When visiting cities you don't have to use doorbells. Tap on any building with no sparkles.

Ignore the doorbells. Sometimes the game only shows 2 doorbells, but city is not full. Look for and tap another building that has no sparkles.

Ignore doorbells and tap on 3 buildings worth more money. Game usually puts doorbells on cheaper buildings.

Tapping buildings when visiting gives you social points. Tap your buildings when you see the coin. When collecting coins, buildings with sparkles get a 20% bonus.

Always post on wall if you want a return visit.

Charsville
12-06-12, 01:12 AM
Add Community Buildings for more energy. Sometimes they give you extra energy when collecting coins. I love the small Wind Farm.

The best Community Building for new player is the Post Office. It's small and it doesn't need material requests. Save requests for expansion permits.

Only your neighbors can send you materials and permits. The limit is 20 per day. Accept all requests from your neighbors. It doesn't cost anything.

Charsville
12-06-12, 01:30 AM
If you're having problems, turn your device completely off and restart. If this doesn't help, delete the game and reinstall the app. Don't worry you won't lose anything. The game is kept on the server. If this doesn't help contact Team Lava Support.

If you have a large city that takes a long time to post or crashes, put some buildings and decorations in storage. Your city will run better.

If your city keeps crashing, don't do anymore expansions or your city might totally crash and lock you out. Hoping the next update will fix crashing problems.

Tossa747
12-06-12, 02:43 PM
What's the best money-maker?

56cupcakes
12-09-12, 01:17 AM
It may be posted elsewhere but I could not locate it. Just keep in mind you can only send 20 requests out per day (even if you have 100 neighbors it selects 20 at random to receive the request). Best to just pick your 20 best and send them requests first. I have had much better luck getting my requests accepted quickly this way. I am still keeping some of my "deadbeat" neighbors in case I need them for a goal. We all know we have them; we may just need them. You never know.��

onthetop310
12-30-12, 06:36 AM
Hi there ,
I have a bit confused about " request " , as i want to expand my city and need permits from my neighbors . I send requests to all of my neighbors ( 144 of them ) , but i always just receive around 20-22 permits per day and some more permits on next day before i send another bundle of requests .
At the moment i need around 40-48 permits to expand my city , so i have to wait 2-3 days to collect enough permits to expand . Thus , i just wonder whether there is a limit for request per day or not ? If have , how many request i can receive responding per day ? . If no request limit , so what is wrong with my city ? anyone has the same ? because some of my neighbors are still online and visit my city , but i do not get permits from them ( Is it because system problem or my neighbors decline my request and how do i know if my neigbors ?)
Any helps would be appreciated

onthetop310
12-30-12, 06:39 AM
Hi there ,
I have a bit confused about " request " , as i want to expand my city and need permits from my neighbors . I send requests to all of my neighbors ( 144 of them ) , but i always just receive around 20-22 permits per day and some more permits on next day before i send another bundle of requests .
At the moment i need around 40-48 permits to expand my city , so i have to wait 2-3 days to collect enough permits to expand . Thus , i just wonder whether there is a limit for request per day or not ? If have , how many request i can receive responding per day ? . If no request limit , so what is wrong with my city ? anyone has the same ? because some of my neighbors are still online and visit my city , but i do not get permits from them ( Is it because system problem or my neighbors decline my request and how do i know if my neigbors decline my requests ?)
I just correct the missing words for the last question :)

KadeeDid
12-30-12, 07:23 AM
See post above. You can only receive 20 requests a day so don't send to all 144. It clogs the system. Send to 20 ( or maybe a few more as some may not respond). Next day send to 20 more. I often click to request ahead I'd time ( when I am not ready to expand yet). that way, when I am ready, I will have the requests I need already.

Hi there ,
At the moment i need around 40-48 permits to expand my city , so i have to wait 2-3 days to collect enough permits to expand . Thus , i just wonder whether there is a limit for request per day or not ? If have , how many request i can receive responding per day ? . If no request limit , so what is wrong with my city ? anyone has the same ? because some of my neighbors are still online and visit my city , but i do not get permits from them ( Is it because system problem or my neighbors decline my request and how do i know if my neigbors ?)

KadeeDid
12-30-12, 07:30 AM
Which buildings are worth more? I know that the skyview restaurant is so try to tap those if I can.

What are the best buildings to have? I am level 41 but really don't know what I am doing. Capacity is over 2100 but I just have about half that so can add a lot more.

When visiting cities you don't have to use doorbells. Tap on any building with no sparkles.

Ignore the doorbells. Sometimes the game only shows 2 doorbells, but city is not full. Look for and tap another building that has no sparkles.

Ignore doorbells and tap on 3 buildings worth more money. Game usually puts doorbells on cheaper buildings.

Tapping buildings when visiting gives you social points. Tap your buildings when you see the coin. When collecting coins, buildings with sparkles get a 20% bonus.

Always post on wall if you want a return visit.

KadeeDid
12-30-12, 01:33 PM
I had noticed the sparkles on neighbours but never on my own buildings! I am level 41 and had not clued in to this.

Just wondering what buildings to add as I have expanded but not built on the space. I added a 5th industry and am at capacity. I only have half the housing that can be supported with the businesses I have.

As stated by benbever, you collect the sparkles at time the house is ready for collection. If the house has sparkles, you collect extra coins for it. If the house has coins over it ready for collection, when you tap it, you collect both sparkles and rent.

Justin386386
01-04-13, 03:13 PM
Jip do it the same way and it works well
When I'm out of Energie I usually do a few city visits until I've got some

littlezizi
01-06-13, 11:28 AM
On City Story Metro, I completed the quest Jambledon by buying a tennis court. Then i went back the the game and it still had Jambledon on my quest list saying i hadnt bought the tennis court. This happened a third time. What do i do?

house0fjoy
02-27-13, 03:29 AM
Appreciate some assistance, please - just started playing last week so I'm trying to figure out the how's.

Nbrs repeatedly tell me 'full'...why does it happen? Is there a max to every building? OR is it full when bldg coins are not cleared in time (cos I have no energy to clear)? Or not enough goods to add to buildings?

house0fjoy
02-27-13, 04:03 AM
How many times can each building/community/house be tipped by nbrs? If it's only 1x tip per bldg and I have many nbrs, does it mean I'll always appear 'full' to visiting nbrs trying to tip me? :/

SenseiNJ
02-27-13, 11:34 AM
Are they already your neighbors, or just other community members? In my experience, when a community member says they are 'full' it suggests they can't add any more neighbors. In addition to visiting all my neighbors daily, I frequently visit random community members to help boost my social rating, then some of them post 'full' on my wall, indicating they cannot add me. So I think there is a limit to the number of neighbors you can have. I also suspect that as your level increases, so does the maximum number of neighbors you can have. These are just my observations. So far I'm at level 52 and have 130 neighbors. However, at no point since I've been playing this game have I ever been told that I've reached the maximum number of neighbors.

house0fjoy
02-27-13, 04:27 PM
Thank you SenseiNJ.

I should clarify when nbrs write 'full' on my wall, they meant no bldgs are available for tipping/sparkle. Why does that happen?

Is it becos;

A. I have not cleared the coins due for collection becos of insufficient energy
B. Because my biz do not have goods becos of empty warehouse
C. How many times can a biz/home/community be 'tipped/sparkled' before it is full?

Once again, appreciate assistance on clarification, please.

roosfamily
02-28-13, 12:24 AM
Are they already your neighbors, or just other community members? In my experience, when a community member says they are 'full' it suggests they can't add any more neighbors. In addition to visiting all my neighbors daily, I frequently visit random community members to help boost my social rating, then some of them post 'full' on my wall, indicating they cannot add me. So I think there is a limit to the number of neighbors you can have. I also suspect that as your level increases, so does the maximum number of neighbors you can have. These are just my observations. So far I'm at level 52 and have 130 neighbors. However, at no point since I've been playing this game have I ever been told that I've reached the maximum number of neighbors.
Full means simply that they can't found any building to tip. There is no limit to nbr number.

roosfamily
02-28-13, 12:26 AM
Thank you SenseiNJ.

I should clarify when nbrs write 'full' on my wall, they meant no bldgs are available for tipping/sparkle. Why does that happen?

Is it becos;

A. I have not cleared the coins due for collection becos of insufficient energy
B. Because my biz do not have goods becos of empty warehouse
C. How many times can a biz/home/community be 'tipped/sparkled' before it is full?

Once again, appreciate assistance on clarification, please.

nbr or community members can tip on a free building and make it sparkle. Done that, no one can tip it again, until it is ready to collect and you collect from it. That's all.

house0fjoy
02-28-13, 01:42 AM
Roosfamily, thank you for clarification. That's quite a bummer, that each bldg can only accommodate one nbr's visit :/

lotuskat
06-25-13, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know the exact number of hours you have after completion of a contract before it expires? In RS, it's the same as the time it takes to cook a recipe, but in CSM, it seems like the contracts expire more quickly.

Indiana1965
11-11-13, 01:17 AM
I built loads of solar farms, tip, use your full 50 energy to collect from Industry, business, then houses, only start collecting from Community buildings as you run out, I have enough to go back up to 50 now. I often do not collect all from my Community buildings, as they only recharge every 8hrs, so it "banks" energy if I need it in between.

Indiana1965
11-11-13, 01:46 AM
I built loads of Solar Farms, I collect from Industry first, & get new contracts going, then businesses, then houses. As my energy decreases, I start collecting from Community, as they replace energy. I often don't collect from all my Community buildings every time, as they only renew every 8hrs or so. Then I have energy "banked" when I need it for building/expansion etc. i can get my energy back up to 50 from my Community Buildings.
What does everyone do if you have neighbours who seem to have stopped playing? Can you delete them? Thanks 😃

psykopod19
11-11-13, 06:44 AM
What does everyone do if you have neighbours who seem to have stopped playing? Can you delete them? Thanks ��

There's an "Edit" button at the top of your neighbors list that lets you remove the ones you don't want anymore.

Indiana1965
11-14-13, 02:07 PM
Thanks Lilredwitch!

lucianuncio
04-02-15, 06:39 AM
Hi guys! I am level 17and have noticed 2 things about lakes:
-some bigger nbr have expanded and their lakes are no longer visible: what happened?
-one of my nbr has 5 lakes, actually very close to each other: did he buy them? Found them while expanding? Move them?
I don't understand. I love lakes and have only 2...
Can u help me clarify this! Thanxz!🌸

Em_storm
04-07-15, 02:31 PM
Hi guys! I am level 17and have noticed 2 things about lakes:
-some bigger nbr have expanded and their lakes are no longer visible: what happened?
-one of my nbr has 5 lakes, actually very close to each other: did he buy them? Found them while expanding? Move them?
I don't understand. I love lakes and have only 2...
Can u help me clarify this! Thanxz!��

Lakes show up when you expand. The square to which you're expanding doesn't necessarily look the same before and after expansion (in fact, I don't think any of mine ever looked the same before and after). You can clear lakes by tapping on them just like you clear trees, one energy per chop- or whatever it is you do to clear lakes. :rolleyes:

tilefish
05-19-15, 09:13 AM
how many item your can receive after you sent the request?

kooky panda
05-19-15, 10:29 AM
how many item your can receive after you sent the request?
You can receive 20 requested items per day.

tilefish
05-21-15, 04:09 PM
You can receive 20 requested items per day.

Thank you for your reply. I only received one everyday even though i have about 20 neighbour. If I am lucky, i will receive two. Time to do some house cleaning.

JudyReno4
03-11-17, 07:22 PM
I resumed City Metro in January after not playing for a couple of years. A few of my former friends are still there, but it was easy to make new ones. I'm enjoying the game which I can play without spending real money. It is fun to move buildings around and build new ones. Thanks for continuing to make the game available.