PDA

View Full Version : Possible Decorations with purposes! Greenhouse, tractor, etcetc!!!

Tomas-San
06-17-10, 07:33 AM
Just a thought...how about transparent Greenhouses? You could get them either with lets say 20 gems or 100,000 coins.

They would each cover an 2x8 plot of land...and they would half the time it takes for crops to mature.

Another possibility...A 1x2 plot sized TRACTOR! yep, it would be a nice little thing..but only for the higher-end players with larger than 20x20 plots of land. I don't imagine you could actually animate a moving tractor over the crops as it would probably make the game coding large (what if paving stones/animals/fences were in the middle of someones crops? A coding nightmare!) But lets say you had lots and lots of crops and they were all ready to harvest. Tapping the tractor would auto-harvest all the crops that are ready to harvest instead of you having to individually tap-tap-tap everything (you could have the tractor rumbling in place with small smoke puffs coming out of it while its auto-harvesting) Cost could be the same as a Greenhouse and you could only own ONE.

Lastly..Plowing land to make a lake/stream/river..it would be intuitive (one block is a pond....anything bigger than that in a square or rectangle shape auto-forms a Lake...or longer connecting plots only 1 in thickness would make a stream, 2-3 thickness a river. Any crops adjacent to the water would automatically get watered at the half-way point of its maturity time. Cost could be about 2000 coins per plot and it would give you 5 xp per plot.

You'd probably want to build a small bridge decoration to go along with the stream-river idea for continuity.

Thinking about all the interesting farms i've seen in my travels, they could be a nice little additions, don't you think?

My Id is "Matsunaga" - Thanks for your time lava guys/ladies !

Tomas-San
06-17-10, 07:36 AM
only the crops INSIDE the greenhouses would get half the maturity time. Doesnt make sense for all then if you have a 31x31 plot and only one tiny greenhouse ...haha

Ellie
06-17-10, 08:03 AM
Just a thought...how about transparent Greenhouses? You could get them either with lets say 20 gems or 100,000 coins.

They would each cover an 2x8 plot of land...and they would half the time it takes for crops to mature.

Another possibility...A 1x2 plot sized TRACTOR! yep, it would be a nice little thing..but only for the higher-end players with larger than 20x20 plots of land. I don't imagine you could actually animate a moving tractor over the crops as it would probably make the game coding large (what if paving stones/animals/fences were in the middle of someones crops? A coding nightmare!) But lets say you had lots and lots of crops and they were all ready to harvest. Tapping the tractor would auto-harvest all the crops that are ready to harvest instead of you having to individually tap-tap-tap everything (you could have the tractor rumbling in place with small smoke puffs coming out of it while its auto-harvesting) Cost could be the same as a Greenhouse and you could only own ONE.

Lastly..Plowing land to make a lake/stream/river..it would be intuitive (one block is a pond....anything bigger than that in a square or rectangle shape auto-forms a Lake...or longer connecting plots only 1 in thickness would make a stream, 2-3 thickness a river. Any crops adjacent to the water would automatically get watered at the half-way point of its maturity time. Cost could be about 2000 coins per plot and it would give you 5 xp per plot.

You'd probably want to build a small bridge decoration to go along with the stream-river idea for continuity.

Thinking about all the interesting farms i've seen in my travels, they could be a nice little additions, don't you think?

My Id is "Matsunaga" - Thanks for your time lava guys/ladies !

Really interesting idea about the tractor (multi plough/plant/harvest) and the river and bridge too. Now why didn't I think of that ...

..... Oh I did, a couple of days ago.

See [http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?281-River-anyone]River anyone thread[/URL]

Tomas-San
06-17-10, 08:19 AM
I didnt check back far enough to see that the tractor idea and river was mentioned by Elle before. sorry about that.

Since I cant delete/edit my previous post I can only say.......the Greenhouse idea sounds nice to me still. hope I didnt hijack anyone elses idea on that! =)

Ellie
06-17-10, 09:17 AM
No probs, great minds think alike.

Tomas-San
06-21-10, 11:24 AM
So i'm bumping once just to see if anyone else likes the idea of a greenhouse. care to chime in?

Unregistered
06-21-10, 11:34 AM
It could be funny to have to possibility to feed the animals.
Also, I find it strange to water the rice.. How about make it really convenient BUT that grows just IF people water it all (I mean all the rice in the field seeded at a time).
Your ideas sound great to me.

Tomas-San
06-25-10, 07:46 AM
Im sure someone mentioned it SOMEWHERE in these forums. That would be nice though. Added little extra nuance to the game to make the animals almost as special as the crops/trees.

Personally, I love how the flowers give you +3 xp when harvested. nice touch.