mattyboo1
07-13-12, 03:22 PM
Im creating a new poll do you live in a house or an apartment I live In a house

pinkster73
07-13-12, 03:34 PM
A townhouse

cast1532
07-13-12, 03:35 PM
Right now, I live in a house but before the house it was an apartment. If I had a choice, I would prefer an apartment. House is too much maintenance.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 03:41 PM
Right now, I live in a house but before the house it was an apartment. If I had a choice, I would prefer an apartment. House is too much maintenance.

That's why i chose my townhouse. I own it, it's owned the same as a condo, but it's open to the outside like a house. When i bought it it was just my kids and me and i didn't want to have to deal with outside maintenance. That's all done for me.

cast1532
07-13-12, 03:42 PM
That's why i chose my townhouse. I own it, it's owned the same as a condo, but it's open to the outside like a house. When i bought it it was just my kids and me and i didn't want to have to deal with outside maintenance. That's all done for me.

Lucky. I hate when I have to sweep outside and shovel when it snows.

lylahmae
07-13-12, 03:45 PM
I live in a house and yes maintenance is a nightmare.

sweetstuff525
07-13-12, 04:20 PM
A house but I want an apartment like that in the winter no need to shovel snow

pinkster73
07-13-12, 04:23 PM
Lucky. I hate when I have to sweep outside and shovel when it snows.

I still do most of my own outdoor stuff in the summer because i enjoy it. But yes, when It's -30 and snowing and the guys show up to shovel my walkway I'm VERY happy i don't have to do it. It's worth the condo fees.

cast1532
07-13-12, 04:25 PM
I still do most of my own outdoor stuff in the summer because i enjoy it. But yes, when It's -30 and snowing and the guys show up to shovel my walkway I'm VERY happy i don't have to do it. It's worth the condo fees.

Don't make me envy you. lol

lylahmae
07-13-12, 04:30 PM
I don't mind shoveling snow (and we get plenty) it's all the stuff that needs fixing, my house is 112 years old.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 04:32 PM
I don't mind shoveling snow (and we get plenty) it's all the stuff that needs fixing, my house is 112 years old.

I think that's awesome! I love old houses. Way more charm.

I'm responsible for all indoor maintenance.

pinksugar800
07-13-12, 05:17 PM
A house:o

shakiba
07-13-12, 05:21 PM
House.

lylahmae
07-13-12, 05:44 PM
I think that's awesome! I love old houses. Way more charm.

I'm responsible for all indoor maintenance.

The only part I really dread is if I have to go into the cellar in winter. It's a small room under the house containing my furnace ,well tank, water softener, and water heater. It's made of bricks and only about five feet floor to ceiling you can only get to it from outside. Of course it's always snowing or raining and windy when I need to go down there...and it is always me because my dad is a plumber and I am handier with that stuff(much to the annoyance of my husband), plus he is 6'7" so he doesn't really fit down there. The place is strait out of a horror film.

cast1532
07-13-12, 05:48 PM
Is there a website where I can see how old is my house?

lylahmae
07-13-12, 05:58 PM
Is there a website where I can see how old is my house?
Your city or township should have a record. It depends where you live. I am in the US.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 06:06 PM
My house was built in the 80's. You should have seen it before i renovated everything. It looked, well, like it was from the 80's.

mattyboo1
07-13-12, 06:53 PM
I lived in my house for 6 year them just three weeks ago moved into a new hous e

sourlicorice5
07-13-12, 10:36 PM
I live in a one room apartment. No snow here in Thailand but in Canada when I was a kid I never had to shovel snow. My mom wouldn't let me as she enjoyed doing it herself. I wasn't about to argue with her lol. I did shovel occasionally if she wasn't feeling well but majority of the time she did.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 11:12 PM
I live in a one room apartment. No snow here in Thailand but in Canada when I was a kid I never had to shovel snow. My mom wouldn't let me as she enjoyed doing it herself. I wasn't about to argue with her lol. I did shovel occasionally if she wasn't feeling well but majority of the time she did.

Growing up my Mom always did it as well. I don't remember my Dad ever doing it. Although in our house my Mom was the handyman.

sourlicorice5
07-13-12, 11:22 PM
Growing up my Mom always did it as well. I don't remember my Dad ever doing it. Although in our house my Mom was the handyman.

My family didn't have a handyman growing up but my brother is now. He used to buy property, build houses (he actually would take part in building them himself) and then sold them but he's gotten out of that now. Now he has his own windshield repair shop and replaces broken windshields.

sourlicorice5
07-13-12, 11:23 PM
My family didn't have a handyman growing up but my brother is now. He used to buy property, build houses (he actually would take part in building them himself) and then sold them but he's gotten out of that now. Now he has his own windshield repair shop and replaces broken windshields.

He's always fixing things at my grandmas apartment now.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 11:39 PM
I'm the handyman of my house. My husband is a commercial/industrial electrician, but he's completely hopeless at fixing or doing anything not electrical.

purpsandherb
07-14-12, 07:14 AM
luv learning to do stuff.