PDA

View Full Version : Current and Known Bugs and Issues for City Metro

kooky panda
07-13-12, 06:14 AM
Current versions of the game:
iOS - 1.0.2 (8-6-2013)
Halloween - 1.0.2
Making sure you are using the most current version can help with many problems.

When reporting a bug or glitch, please provide the following information:

1. Your device (iOS, Android, please be as specific as possible) and it's version number(check under settings-device )
2. Your games version (this can be found on the bottom of the Help/FAQ page)
3. A description of the problem, and what you were doing when the problem occurred
4. If possible, a screenshot of the problem

iOS General Issues
To check for your device version - go to Settings, General, About - Version
To check for game version in game:
Open game, go to Menu, Help/FAQ - on the bottom edge of the box, the version will be listed
To check for game version if you can't open the game:
Open App Store, search game name (or teamlava), click on app, on the left side, under the logo it will show current game version

If your iOS device is having issues, make sure you've tried the following:
Restart your device
Delete and reinstall the game
Hard restart - hold the power and home buttons, through the power off slider, until the Apple symbol appears.
For newer devices (iPod Touch 4th Gen and newer, iPhone 3G and newer, all iPad versions [possibly other devices]) - close out background running apps. Double tap the home button, when the screen raises up, hold the app until it starts shaking. Press the red minus symbol to close.

This thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=14) should be read by everyone! Great for new and experienced members alike

Forum Rules (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?6-Forum-Rules-amp-Policies)

Transferring games (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?11887-PLEASE-READ-How-to-Transfer-to-a-New-Device) - Several different ways to transfer. Make sure you have downloaded all TL games you want transferred before starting. You can not have only one game transferred, and leave others on the current device. And there is no option to play the same game with the same ID on multiple devices.

Weekly Updates (http://forums.teamlava.com/announcement.php?f=14) - Some will receive update on Thursday, some will get them on Tuesday. It has nothing to do with the device you are on.

Notifications - Make sure the notification options are set to ON in BOTH the game settings and the device settings. If both settings are on, but you're still not receiving notifications, please send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check you game.

Blocked comments - currently not available in game. If you have received this message while trying to post on a players wall, it is most likely that your game is out of sync. Exiting out of the wall, then returning and posting again seems to clear it up.

Stuck in Design Mode - seems to happen once in a while. You're just redesigning your place, and all of a sudden the little red X disappears. Exiting out of the game, and restarting your device tends to fix the issue.

Purchased Gems not showing up - try restarting you device, and even deleting and reinstalling the app. Your progress is saved on TLs servers. If these do not work on returning your gems or item, then you would need to contact support@teamlava.com You will need to provide your ID, date of incident, type of transaction, and receipt of transaction.

Blank screen for Gem Purchasing (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?20569-Possible-Fix-for-Blank-Purchase-Screen-on-iOS-devices) (iOS only) - See thread, it has the original suggestion, and a few other suggestions that do not involve restoring.

Crashing on older devices - TL has been notified of the problem.

About the forum - if you can't find a post you made - go to your profile, on the left side, look under "Find All Posts". Your post may have been in the wrong place, or merged with an existing thread. If you still can't find your post, you can file a Forum Dispute (http://forums.teamlava.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) and a Community Manager will respond to you (the Dispute Forum is a private conversation between you and the CMs).

kooky panda
07-25-12, 04:51 PM
New City Metro manual update in itunes app store. Version 1.0.1

cocobumpy
07-29-12, 11:13 AM
Hey TL People:
iPod IOS4
CS Metro 1.0.1
Material requests either not being sent or received. I keep requesting fixtures from various neighbors and they are not receiving my request. From wall posts I gather I am not the only player experiencing this problem.
No screenshot

Thanks, I look forward to your response.

CocoBumpy

cocobumpy
07-29-12, 11:43 AM
Also... since I cannot finish building my fire station because of the faucet/gift glitch, I am unable to increase my city's capacity. Thus I cannot build an apartment to complete my goal. This is a real pain; yet I remain hopeful.

Sending virtual Vod-Bombs to the programmers... TL id:CocoBumpy

cocobumpy
07-29-12, 03:55 PM
And... The Red Victorian House is 20 jems on my iPod and only 5 gems on my iPad. Please clarify? ... still hopeful...

mattyboo1
07-29-12, 04:13 PM
And... The Red Victorian House is 20 jems on my iPod and only 5 gems on my iPad. Please clarify? ... still hopeful...
Mine is 10 gems in the middle

lilobrat05
08-07-12, 07:34 PM
This game bites! I have restarted it over and over again! I thought this time was different I was almost to level 15 with a population of 540! I went to check on my game a little while ago and it shows I'm a level 6! This is like the fourth or fifth time and this time I'm not restarting over again! This game is too slow to build up and everytime I do I have to start over again! I don't know what the deal is. It shows I'm runnin metro 1.0.1 on my up to date iPod! I deleted and reinstalled the app and it still shows me at level 6! Anyone else have this issue? I'm so done with this game!

leafender
08-17-12, 05:15 AM
Hi! Reached level 30 two days ago...been active ever since, clearing the likes, ordering goods and buying new stuff but, my XP Star is still empty when it should be full!!? What is going on? Thanks, Metrocool

eproco
08-22-12, 09:46 AM
Hey
The new ipad(wifi only) IOS 5.1.1
Game version 1.0.1
When i try to buy gems using my credit on itunes it doesnt work the van icon comes and no gems are there when it's finished please fix it soon thanks :D

kooky panda
08-22-12, 10:31 AM
Hey
The new ipad(wifi only) IOS 5.1.1
Game version 1.0.1
When i try to buy gems using my credit on itunes it doesnt work the van icon comes and no gems are there when it's finished please fix it soon thanks :D
Try restarting your Ipad.

kooky panda
08-22-12, 10:32 AM
Hi! Reached level 30 two days ago...been active ever since, clearing the likes, ordering goods and buying new stuff but, my XP Star is still empty when it should be full!!? What is going on? Thanks, Metrocool
The max level at this time is level 30.

eproco
08-22-12, 01:50 PM
Try restarting your Ipad.
I did restart my ipad and i deleted the game and it's still not working

eproco
08-22-12, 01:54 PM
I tried reinstalling the game but nothing happend please fix this bug

kooky panda
08-22-12, 02:01 PM
I tried reinstalling the game but nothing happend please fix this bug
okay before you send an email to support, try a couple of things.
Try syncing with itunes.
Also go to you Ipad under settings- safari and clear out your cookies and data.
Also go under your settings-store - and log out of your itunes account and log back in.

eproco
08-22-12, 02:14 PM
okay before you send an email to support, try a couple of things.
Try syncing with itunes.
Also go to you Ipad under settings- safari and clear out your cookies and data.
Also go under your settings-store - and log out of your itunes account and log back in.

I cleared cookies and data and logged out from apple store and logged back in and nothing changed

kooky panda
08-22-12, 02:21 PM
I cleared cookies and data and logged out from apple store and logged back in and nothing changed

You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com to have them check your game.

artemisg7
08-22-12, 10:50 PM
Same issue here but with the flashing lights. Has ur bug been fixed?

hotbeef
08-23-12, 12:04 AM
Kooky panda cannot help you...Leave a post for butter panda or email support@teamlava.com

kooky panda
08-23-12, 04:31 AM
Same issue here but with the flashing lights. Has ur bug been fixed?

Can you give more details ? Are you talking about not having the night feature in the game?

artemisg7
08-24-12, 09:10 PM
No, the same issue you were having with the material requests. I sent multiple material requests to build a community building but they haven't gone through. I'm stuck with an unfinished building. Has your bug been fixed?

Charsville
08-27-12, 10:18 PM
Metro worked great until I transferred it to new iPad3. Now it has numerous problems. I have one of the biggest cities and at my level it takes a week to do an expansion. Finally finished expansion, but can't see or use it. The expansion is a lake and it can be seen from other cities, but not mine. Can you explain this and fix the problem. I have to reboot almost everyday trying to fix problems. Today I deleted app and reinstalled. I still can't see or use my lake. I would take a picture of this from my other Metro city to send to you, but Metro doesn't have the feature that lets you take pictures of other cities. You can do it in City Story. All the problems are frustrating and making me angry. Games are supposed to be fun. I would also like to know how many years will it take to get to level 31?

Charsville
08-27-12, 11:17 PM
I didn't have problems with saving and deleting posts until I transferred Metro to my new ipad3. Visiting and posting that regularly takes 10 minutes now takes an hour or more. I reported this problem to TL a week ago and the problem has not been resolved. I rebooted numerous times, and deleted and reinstalled app twice. Nothing helped. I have a big city with a lot of nbrs, so it's a big problem. I had to stop posting, because it takes so long and is very frustrating. I mostly just use the News Feed which also has problems. Sections of the news feed will disappear leaving big gaps of 12 or more hours. Sometimes the bottom half of the News Feed will freeze in place with only the visits in the top half changing. It seems Metro doesn't work well with the newest version of iPad. Please fix how long it takes to post and delete.

kooky panda
08-28-12, 04:56 AM
Charsville

Check and make sure you have the most current version for your Ipad (version 5.1.1).
Try syncing to itunes.
Also force close out other applications running in the background. ( or restart your device).

tarshae1996
08-31-12, 02:52 PM
Hey
iPad 2 64Gb
City story Metro (Version 1.0.1)
I expanded an area but I can't place any building or anything in the area! (so its blank)

kooky panda
08-31-12, 03:12 PM
Hey
iPad 2 64Gb
City story Metro (Version 1.0.1)
I expanded an area but I can't place any building or anything in the area! (so its blank)
Try restarting your device.

hillville123
09-12-12, 03:39 PM
I have an iPad. I can access City Story and conduct most of the activities. However, when I access the "market" or "storage" those areas will not permit me to conduct business. I can scroll through the market and see the items (same with storage) but cannot select the items. Please help.

Ila0mkc5
09-12-12, 06:20 PM
I use city story on my iPhone 4 and I use city story metro 1.0.1
I can't put items from storage back into my city. Nothing happens when I try to select ten, and it used to work just fine until earlier today.

Ila0mkc5
09-12-12, 06:20 PM
I have the same problem with storage!!

kooky panda
09-12-12, 06:54 PM
I have an iPad. I can access City Story and conduct most of the activities. However, when I access the "market" or "storage" those areas will not permit me to conduct business. I can scroll through the market and see the items (same with storage) but cannot select the items. Please help.

I use city story on my iPhone 4 and I use city story metro 1.0.1
I can't put items from storage back into my city. Nothing happens when I try to select ten, and it used to work just fine until earlier today.
Try restarting your device .

ceecee06
09-24-12, 08:54 AM
I can't expand anymore once I made level 50. It doesn't even give the option to do so. Is this normal?

riabr
09-24-12, 04:02 PM

I have had the same problem TWICE. Stuck at level 30, with profile stating I need another 1,000,000 stars to reach the next level. Then after some time it showed level 37. Just when I was about to reach level 38, it switched back to level 30 with the 1,000,000 star goal again. THIS GAME SUCKS, big time!!!!

kooky panda
09-24-12, 04:23 PM
I have had the same problem TWICE. Stuck at level 30, with profile stating I need another 1,000,000 stars to reach the next level. Then after some time it showed level 37. Just when I was about to reach level 38, it switched back to level 30 with the 1,000,000 star goal again. THIS GAME SUCKS, big time!!!!
The level cap was increased. Try restarting your device to see if you get back to level 37.

pixelslave
09-25-12, 08:27 PM
When visiting others in the community who have 6 factories, a 7th idea factory appears on the outskirts (back edge) of their town. It is in an obviously undeveloped area and has a pine tree growing inside it. I think it is a glitch. (I'm on iPad3/OS6.)

jmeltos
09-26-12, 01:02 PM
For an interesting one. Some of my buildings shift spots n appear one a different square but when I go to move them up they are still in the original spot. I removed all the bldgs and roads and started putting them back but some buildings still show shifted. I hope that makes sense. What can I do??

kooky panda
09-26-12, 01:05 PM
For an interesting one. Some of my buildings shift spots n appear one a different square but when I go to move them up they are still in the original spot. I removed all the bldgs and roads and started putting them back but some buildings still show shifted. I hope that makes sense. What can I do??

Please post on the current bug thread for this issue.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36397-My-city-gone-crazy!

akg03
09-26-12, 05:23 PM
Hi City programmers:

I use the City game on my iphone and lately I have noticed that my buildings don't land where I want to put them. In fact they will land on roads. And in some cases, buildings that I did put in the appropriate place, have now moved onto roadways. When I hover a building over a spot that is vacant, it shows in a different place. I've cleared my whole game hoping to reload everything but now I can't put anything where I want to (roads excepted... but buildings will be placed on a road). Please help.

Charsville
09-26-12, 11:46 PM
Can you please help me get in my city? I contacted TL support but they have done nothing. For a week my neighbors and I can't visit Charsville. When trying to visit, the game posts Internet connection problem. The problem is not Internet connections. We have different Internet connections and have no problem visiting other cities. I use iPad 3. I have deleted and reinstalled the game a dozen times. Today I installed iOS 6, deleted and reinstalled Metro. Nothing helps. I have two cities on two iPads. Charsville and Charsvilla. Storm ID is city name. Please help Charsville play. Thank You.

sugarpinch
10-17-12, 05:30 PM
Ipad2
ios6
Game 1.0.2
The game is soooo slow that some of my neighbors are quitting because they don't have time to visit everyone. It is very frustrating. Please speed things up

reaperblitz
10-22-12, 04:22 PM
iPhone 4

Lost around $1000 as whenever I collect it goes back to $23.
Also lost between 5 - 15 gems over the span of the game as when I earn some I don't use them all and now I have 0

mattyboo1
10-23-12, 03:19 PM
iPhone 4

Lost around $1000 as whenever I collect it goes back to $23.
Also lost between 5 - 15 gems over the span of the game as when I earn some I don't use them all and now I have 0 email support@teamlava.com they can help with your gems

nowvoyager
10-24-12, 02:30 AM
Connecting to City Metro takes a long time. When finally connected it will then disconnect after a short time and then I have to go throught the re-connecting process again.

cchernov
12-06-12, 10:05 AM
Connecting to City Metro takes a long time. When finally connected it will then disconnect after a short time and then I have to go throught the re-connecting process again.

If your having this problem DON'T expand or else you will end up like me and not even be able to log in. That's how mine started!! ALOT Of ppl are having this problem than the game crashes if you keep expanding. Mines been out for a week and team lava has done nothing!

kooky panda
12-06-12, 11:37 AM
If your having this problem DON'T expand or else you will end up like me and not even be able to log in. That's how mine started!! ALOT Of ppl are having this problem than the game crashes if you keep expanding. Mines been out for a week and team lava has done nothing!
They are still investigating this issue.
See Current thread

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?36317-Warning-If-you-build-a-large-city-the-game-won-t-let-you-play.&p=476181&viewfull=1#post476181

adamcrabtree
01-01-13, 12:21 AM
Device: I Pad
Version: City Story 1.0.1
Problem: I have no goals despite leveling up 11 times. The only goals I have received were the ones about installing other games and such. I have no goals that are just about building my city up and putting new businesses, community buildings, and such. I emailed support@teamlava and have received no response on what is wrong. They said they forwarded the email to the engineering staff. I am fed up with waiting and want something done about this issue please. One of the last goals that I had was building something and I used to gems to help complete it quickly. I wonder if the game failed to register that I completed the goal since I used gems. I don't know but I appreciate any help with this issue. Below is my Storm8Id, level, and city name if that helps.

Thanks

Storm8ID: adamcrabtree
City Name: Eugeneville
Current Level: 25

Charsville
01-06-13, 10:41 PM
Most cities have no goals to complete. Goals are for new players and special occasions like the Halloween goals.

macbruce
05-24-15, 09:06 AM
Please remove spellcheck from the invite box. Or require all storm8 ID's to be good words. Correction is done hidden so I type "reddog" and it corrects to red dog and I do not get a neighbor. Type a space at the end of a storm8 ID to see correction. This is big fail. AND make copy/paste work on the ID's.

kooky panda
05-24-15, 03:31 PM
Please remove spellcheck from the invite box. Or require all storm8 ID's to be good words. Correction is done hidden so I type "reddog" and it corrects to red dog and I do not get a neighbor. Type a space at the end of a storm8 ID to see correction. This is big fail. AND make copy/paste work on the ID's.
spell check is not part of the game.
This is coming from your device. You can try going under your settings on your device to see if you have an option to turn spell check off.