PDA

View Full Version : I farm/plow/plant too fast (bug)

Dzyu
06-17-10, 06:15 AM
I have a 19x19 farm and always plant the same on my entire farm every time I plant, and when I do this I always catch up with the queued "green" patches so much that the entire field is green and I have to wait. If I leave my iPhone alone to work it locks after a couple minutes as normal, and if this happens all my work is undone!

I have found out that if I lock the phone and unlock it manually while much fewer green patches are waiting they get finished immediateky, but somehow this feels like a hack.

It is bad that I get penalized heavily by having to do double work or spend much more time babysitting the iPhone if I don't hack.

Richm75
06-17-10, 08:08 AM
I too have noticed this 'bug'. If I have had a screen full of ploughing, planting or harvesting, and the iPhone has turned off, or I have visited a neighbours farm, then when I go back to my farm the task is fully completed. Gold and Experience has updated accordingly as well.

I am guessing the animations are client side, so it appears to take about 1 second per square to process, however the information has probably already been sent/uploaded to the server. By returning to your farm, either after switch off or visiting a neighbour, it re-reads your farm details from the server which has the squares as already ploughed/planted/harvested.

I have to say that I find this little 'bug' helpful when I don't want to wait for the ploughing etc to finish :-)

Dzyu
06-17-10, 02:32 PM
Oh yes, it is very helpful mostly, but sometimes, in particular with a full field, it undoes all my queued work so I have to do it over again! And THIS is NOT helpfull at all! 

Unregistered
06-19-10, 08:08 AM
Hello to all, I've noticed this aswell and the only other solution from just waiting for the plowing, replanting, or harvesting time delays is simple. Once you have tapped the whole field green, whether your harvesting, plowing, and/or replanting, go to your social area, click on a neighbor, visit there farm, and then simply click back at your home screen. You will notice that the job has already been done and you can go about and re-highlight your farm in green to plow, replant, and/or harvest. Keep doing this easy trick and it will save you time.

By the way add me. Chief Mallow