PDA

View Full Version : Android users getting major perks- iPhone users get???

battybratty
07-11-12, 12:22 AM
I'm seriously confused as to why only players on the android platform received some pretty sweet bakery items just for daily playing. While iPhone users such as myself were left out in the cold??
Candy carousel which is available in the boxes which goes for 24 gems IF you're lucky to get that first try!
I'm a long time player of this game and I feel slightly ripped off as there were no big rewards for us iPhone users of that magnitude. Instead on my screen I'm constantly being hounded to play another game--bubble pop something.
Is there any chance iPhone users will see a similar promotion??

battybratty
07-11-12, 12:25 AM
I'd like a free candy carousel too! Along with all of the other daily freebies!

rengirl1978
07-11-12, 12:25 AM
I like your username.

:-)

rengirl1978
07-11-12, 12:27 AM
Ugh, and I am such an idiot! I now recall recently commenting on a new member's wall how lucky they were to get that carousel! They got it for free?!

rengirl1978
07-11-12, 12:27 AM
I tried the candy box once and I got a very small candy dish.

battybratty
07-11-12, 12:41 AM
I have a candy dish from the box too. If the player is an iPhone or iPad user they did purchase these items. If they have the candy droid robot, then they got the freebies. Giant gummy bear, candy mushroom, lollipops, cotton candy maker.... I believe six or seven great items in total for playing daily! Lol iPhone users get goals for maybe 3 gems prize. Seems a bit unfair. :(.

battybratty
07-11-12, 12:45 AM
@rengirl1978. Thanks :-)

ariesblu
07-11-12, 02:40 AM
This was discussed, ad nauseum. a while ago, on why Android users who played BS or Pet story received those items.

battybratty
07-11-12, 03:17 AM
I'm sorry, I did look throughout the forum and couldn't find the answer which is why I asked. Can you give me a quick explanation as to the why this is or at least point me in the direction where I can find it myself? Thanks.

kooky panda
07-11-12, 04:48 AM
http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30325-Google-Play-Android-App-Promotion!&p=332636&viewfull=1#post332636

This was a promotional item offered to android devices. Above is the announcement .

battybratty
07-11-12, 05:16 AM
Thanks. :). Do u if in the future there might be a similar promo for iOS users?

kooky panda
07-11-12, 07:34 AM
Not sure but if an when any additional promos come out there is usually an announcement made.

HopelesslyBaked
07-13-12, 01:53 PM
I have a candy dish from the box too. If the player is an iPhone or iPad user they did purchase these items. If they have the candy droid robot, then they got the freebies. Giant gummy bear, candy mushroom, lollipops, cotton candy maker.... I believe six or seven great items in total for playing daily! Lol iPhone users get goals for maybe 3 gems prize. Seems a bit unfair. :(.

Actually I am an Android player and I purchased all those items (minus the Android robot) before the Android promotion. It took me 9 tries to get that candy carousel, how was that fair to me and many other Android players who already purchased ALL those items?

pinkster73
07-13-12, 02:00 PM
Seriously? You think android users generally get more? This promotion is the ONLY thing android EVER got that ios didn't. Ios consistently gets WAY more then android. I don't have time to list all of them. Ridiculous.

cast1532
07-13-12, 02:38 PM
Actually, look at it this way: iOS players get goals and sometimes the prize is like 4 gems. With the Android promotion, you guys are getting items that costs 24 gems each. So 4 gems to 24 gems, many people would choose the 24 gem prize. That's why many iOS players are upset.

ariesblu
07-13-12, 02:41 PM
Actually, look at it this way: iOS players get goals and sometimes the prize is like 4 gems. With the Android promotion, you guys are getting items that costs 24 gems each. So 4 gems to 24 gems, many people would choose the 24 gem prize. That's why many iOS players are upset.

Ios users have had goals in BS RS FS Fhs PHS and DS. Continuously. Google Play teams up with tl for this one promotion for only two games - that not every Android person plays, and that Kindle Fire users were not able to participate in. The goals outweigh the promotion.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 02:53 PM

What ariesblu said. AND android doesn't even get dragon story, pet hotel story, city story neuro, bubblemania.

I can't even believe one promotion happens and people think that's unfair to ios users.

P's I'm not referring to the fact it was box items, i DO think that was unfair to whoever bought the items previously.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 02:54 PM
*metro, not neuro. Darn autocorrect strikes again

ButterPanda
07-13-12, 02:57 PM
We understand players on both Android and IOS would like features and promotions on both types of devices, however the recent promotion was done in tandem with Google Play which means it would not have been possible on IOS. The items selected for the promotion were meant to be current items as a reward to keep logging in with a unique item on the last day.

cast1532
07-13-12, 03:34 PM
I don't care that you guys had the promotion and I think Android players deserves it. But I'm trying to see why iOS players find this unfair and for me I find the gems is one of the reasons.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 03:37 PM
I don't care that you guys had the promotion and I think Android players deserves it. But I'm trying to see why iOS players find this unfair and for me I find the gems is one of the reasons.

Ios players earn gems from mastering crops in farm and recipes in bakery and restaurant using goal crops and recipes not given to android users, not to mention the goal decorations given.

Hawaiianmomma
07-13-12, 03:44 PM
It's all unfair, so if customer is busy concentrating on bashing on another customer then the whole point of responbility becomes a farce

cast1532
07-13-12, 03:45 PM
Ios players earn gems from mastering crops in farm and recipes in bakery and restaurant using goal crops and recipes not given to android users, not to mention the goal decorations given.

Are you saying that you don't get gems when mastering level 2 and level 4?

greygull
07-13-12, 03:47 PM
Are you saying that you don't get gems when mastering level 2 and level 4?

No, she was referring to the recipes that were unlocked by goals - which were not offered to Android. I know some people were keeping track of how many recipes and crops/trees (I was trying to as well) that were only offered to iOS players.

cast1532
07-13-12, 03:51 PM
No, she was referring to the recipes that were unlocked by goals - which were not offered to Android. I know some people were keeping track of how many recipes and crops/trees (I was trying to as well) that were only offered to iOS players.

Oh okay. Thanks. Mastering is a pain.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 04:20 PM
Oh okay. Thanks. Mastering is a pain.

At least you have the option to master those things and earn gems.

mattyboo1
07-13-12, 04:21 PM
I love mastering items

cast1532
07-13-12, 04:33 PM
At least you have the option to master those things and earn gems.
I guess. But it's just 2 gems and it's not like we are getting a mystery box gift. Many people would prefer the item than two gems.

I love mastering items

Before we had the weekly updates, I was done with mastering all of my food. But then we got goals and weekly updates, it became to be too much. I'm so behind. In Bakery Story, I'm still mastering the stove recipes. Then I want to complete all the construction appliances. So far, I'm done with the stoves and the Slurpee Machine (20).

mattyboo1
07-13-12, 04:34 PM
I wasn't playing when there was no updates

cast1532
07-13-12, 04:36 PM
I wasn't playing when there was no updates

Count yourself lucky.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 04:59 PM
I guess. But it's just 2 gems and it's not like we are getting a mystery box gift. Many people would prefer the item than two gems.

Before we had the weekly updates, I was done with mastering all of my food. But then we got goals and weekly updates, it became to be too much. I'm so behind. In Bakery Story, I'm still mastering the stove recipes. Then I want to complete all the construction appliances. So far, I'm done with the stoves and the Slurpee Machine (20).

2 gems X all the crops and recipes, adds up.

ariesblu
07-13-12, 05:03 PM

The gems, extra crops/food, extra xp, extra designs/props - all adds up.

sweetstuff525
07-13-12, 05:05 PM
Wow this is still going on ios vs android. I was mad. About the box items but moved on by not purchasing boxes anymore

mattyboo1
07-13-12, 05:09 PM
Count yourself lucky.

Well it was gm that brought updates

pinkster73
07-13-12, 05:17 PM
Well it was gm that brought updates

Gm has nothing to do with it.

lylahmae
07-13-12, 06:17 PM

Hey what about all the stuff they get from goals that we can't get ever not only crops....remember the pink house in February?

sweetstuff525
07-13-12, 06:22 PM
Hey what about all the stuff they get from goals that we can't get ever not only crops....remember the pink house in February?

Well I didn't get the pink house for free because I had to use gems like 20 gems to skip because I wasn't at a high level yet and couldn't plant a crop until I was like level 50

pinkster73
07-13-12, 06:31 PM
Well I didn't get the pink house for free because I had to use gems like 20 gems to skip because I wasn't at a high level yet and couldn't plant a crop until I was like level 50

At least you had the option to get the pink house. I can't have it for even 5000 gems.

cast1532
07-13-12, 06:34 PM
Do you know that in order to get those prizes, that we had to spent gems so we can advance to the next set of goals? I bought 2 Giant Candy Canes just to advance and I don't even use them. I would sell them but that would be stupid. Just because you don't have these goals doesn't mean they are the best thing ever. Also, most of the goals are just coins and experience points. That's it.

lylahmae
07-13-12, 06:35 PM

But you had the option...we never have and most likely never will.

cast1532
07-13-12, 06:36 PM
But you had the option...we never have and most likely never will.

And its the same thing with the Candy Robot, we will never have the option because we don't have Android.

Another thing I remember is that you got the items by logging in, you didn't have to spend gems or cook anything. It was that easy for you guys.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 09:36 PM
If we did the math, iOS has received WAY more free stuff overall then Android. Period.

cast1532
07-13-12, 09:51 PM
If we did the math, iOS has received WAY more free stuff overall then Android. Period.

Technically, it's not free stuff because we had to work for it and it was time consuming, we didn't have to log in and the item was there. Some people spent gems on goals and if people didn't do the goals they wouldnt get the prize. Now compare to what we have to do to you just logging in. Many people would prefer just logging in.

pinkster73
07-13-12, 11:15 PM
Technically, it's not free stuff because we had to work for it and it was time consuming, we didn't have to log in and the item was there. Some people spent gems on goals and if people didn't do the goals they wouldnt get the prize. Now compare to what we have to do to you just logging in. Many people would prefer just logging in.

You're not looking at the big picture. I'm talking overall, not just one promotion.

ariesblu
07-14-12, 12:21 AM
Do you know that in order to get those prizes, that we had to spent gems so we can advance to the next set of goals? I bought 2 Giant Candy Canes just to advance and I don't even use them. I would sell them but that would be stupid. Just because you don't have these goals doesn't mean they are the best thing ever. Also, most of the goals are just coins and experience points. That's it.
You can say the same thing about the promotion. Just because you didn't get the promo doesn't mean that the prizes were the best thing ever.

Anyway, you are trying to eclipse one thing for another, but that doesn't work because the two do not fit. This is one promotion, one promotion that did not even yearn the entire candy box, one promotion that did not yearn all of the times that Androids missed out on freebies and goals, one promotion that Kindle Fire users were left out of, one promotion that was not across the board in terms of tl games on the Android platform.

juicyjeni
07-14-12, 09:26 AM
I agree with you 100% Why do Android users get all the free perks that iPod users don't get? After a lot of searching I just found out that Android users get Candy Carousels, Robots and Giant Gummi Bears for free and iPod users have to purchase gems and hope thy will luck out and get those items? I don't feel it fair to spend my hard earned money on something that someone else gets for free. Why is this?

pinkster73
07-14-12, 10:21 AM
Omg i can't believe you ios users have the nerve to even say that! Are you kidding me? Do you want a list of all the things you ios users get that androids don't? Your "research" that you've done is SERIOUSLY flawed.

You should just stop now before you make yourselves look worse then you already are.

This thread needs to be closed. Can't reason with a brick wall.

pinkster73
07-14-12, 10:24 AM
I agree with you 100% Why do Android users get all the free perks that iPod users don't get?

This sentence itself is just ridiculous. What a slap in the face. I hope you're joking.

juicyjeni
07-14-12, 11:09 AM
No I was not joking? and I don't see why that is ridiculous? I was just inquiring as to why Android users were offered this for free and iPod users were not even offered it at all. I did the research and found out that it was an old promotion for daily play that is no longer offered. I still find it unfair but this is only a game so there isn't much I can do about it. Not so serious. I was just asking . . . I don't find asking a question to be ridiculous. This is a forum and that what it is used for, to ask questions. . . . .

pinkster73
07-14-12, 11:27 AM
No I was not joking? and I don't see why that is ridiculous? I was just inquiring as to why Android users were offered this for free and iPod users were not even offered it at all. I did the research and found out that it was an old promotion for daily play that is no longer offered. I still find it unfair but this is only a game so there isn't much I can do about it. Not so serious. I was just asking . . . I don't find asking a question to be ridiculous. This is a forum and that what it is used for, to ask questions. . . . .

True. I think though that you need to do more thorough research though. There's a couple threads you might find to be of interest. I'll look for them.

pinkster73
07-14-12, 11:29 AM
Here is the major one. Your questions are answered in here:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30325-Google-Play-Android-App-Promotion!&highlight=android+promotion+google

pinkster73
07-14-12, 11:31 AM
And another:

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?30434-Offering-free-items-which-Players-have-worked-hard-to-accumulate-Not-Fair!!!!&highlight=android+promotion+google

CopperBoom
07-14-12, 12:06 PM
This is getting ridiculous. I thought we were past that.

First of all the promotion items are from a box over a year old. Android users also bought a lot from that box ONE YEAR AGO so some got doubles as well.

IOS users feel it's unfair? Well android users have been feeling that way ever since the goals appeared. Android users complained for months (or has it been a year already?) about a lot of things being unfair. Did the IOS users even defend that? No it was more like 'oh well you should have had an i-device'. As if IOS users HAVE to get all things if not more than Android users.

I'm getting tired of the IOS vs Android discussions. GET OVER IT! It was a one time promotion and not every Android user got the items.

cast1532
07-14-12, 12:51 PM
Guys, I'm not sided that iOS users were treated unfairly. Android users did deserve this promotion and it doesn't even make up for all the goals, recipes, and new games that Android can't get yet. All I was trying to do is see how iOS players would find the Google Play promotion unfair and it's not working.

juicyjeni
07-14-12, 12:57 PM
Yea, I realized that after looking further into it . . . I didn't know people were getting so serious over it. I thought it to be unfair at first because I just really liked all of the items that the Android users were getting but I had no idea that there was such a difference between Android, IOS, Google Play, Kindle or whatever different devises people used . . . Sheesh - - I though this was a game and anyone who played it was offered the same items. My curiosity started when I started seeing all of these items and didn't know how to obtain them. I didn't know that the items weren't available to everyone and that on the other hand goals weren't available to everyone either. . . I though I was just playing a game and that eventually as I reached higher goals, those items would be available to me. I just thought they were really cute and wanted to use them as decorations in my bakery. When it all comes down to it, it is only a game and the only things that really matter to me at the end of the day are roof over my head, the clothes on my back and the food in my belly. . . I had no idea this was an ongoing thing about IOS vs Android -In the end, to me it isn't all that serious . . . . . . .

kooky panda
07-14-12, 12:58 PM
In nutshell to answer this question

I can understand this may be frustrating, but this is a promotion we are doing in conjunction with Google Play. Not everyone will always have access to the same promotions, like how not all users will have sales or features at the same time.

beckymacip
07-17-12, 06:22 AM
I too have heard about the gifts to Android users and am seeing the fallout on messages on the games. I suppose the main reason everyone gets upset is that no one likes a sense or perception of unfairness whichever device user you are! Perhaps TeamLava could work towards getting all devices having the same benefits, goals and gifts??? How about it TeamLava, calm the waters and do a massive PR coup!!??

sweettooth6
07-22-12, 02:19 PM
There are numerous threads & posts in which we Android users have simply asked for parity with IOS users. Not only do IOS users get considerably more game & reward options, they also seem to have far fewer bug issues to deal with.

I get that IOS users feel neglected by this one time promo, but overall you have far more privileges and fewer annoyances than we do.

Doll_Face1208
07-22-12, 11:49 PM
Well I have an android and I'm upset that I had no way to get the Bread Maker. iOs gets goals and aces to stuff us Android players can't get...
I WANT A BREAD MAKER!!! :(

Doll_Face1208
07-22-12, 11:49 PM
Access** not aces lol

Doll_Face1208
07-22-12, 11:57 PM
There are numerous threads & posts in which we Android users have simply asked for parity with IOS users. Not only do IOS users get considerably more game & reward options, they also seem to have far fewer bug issues to deal with.

I get that IOS users feel neglected by this one time promo, but overall you have far more privileges and fewer annoyances than we do.

And to add with what I just said...yes my game has loads of bugs. Force closes 2 or 3 times everytime I wanna open the game up, freezes alot, really slow when I'm scrolling through neighbors and messages and pretty much when I do anything like bring up the menu or just wanna scroll through my own bakery or wanna cook, prepare, or serve anything, and even force closes when I visit my neighbors and wanna tip them...I really wish
Teamlava could fix these bugs...had them since I started playing and I love this game so much that I'm just dealing with the problems :(

DROID 3/ Version 1.3.6.05

penrose99
07-23-12, 02:22 PM
I play on a Kindle Fire, and I didn't get these items either.