PDA

View Full Version : New game city story metro

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:06 PM
New game in the app store, just downloading it now.

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:08 PM
Oh no, it uses energy, will try it out.

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:27 PM
It uses energy for everything, and you can buy it if you want, or wait a few minutes. You need it to build, unbuild, collect rent, everything.

I thought they had learnt about the energy thing from zoo story 1.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 10:42 PM
Metro? You're kidding. Energy? Some game.
I can't find it.

333paddington
http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o618/rhapbap/3fd06f1d.jpg

bigbux3
Could you post pictures?

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:44 PM
There are others playing, highest level 6 that I've seen, I'm level 4 after a few minutes.

Energy replenishes by 1 every 3 minutes.

Selling of gems, use gems to buy energy.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 10:44 PM

TeamLava NO!
What happened to the unique styled classic TeamLava games? Now they've changed and I hate them. Keep City Story!!!

bigbux3
07-06-12, 10:45 PM
TeamLava NO!
What happened to the unique styled classic TeamLava games? Now they've changed and I hate them. Keep City Story!!!

By them, I mean the games.

bigbux3
There are others playing, highest level 6 that I've seen, I'm level 4 after a few minutes.

Energy replenishes by 1 every 3 minutes.

Selling of gems, use gems to buy energy.

Is it still in your App Store? Are you U.S. iTunes?

333paddington
I'd much prefer bakeries and restaurants. I HATE the energy games.

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:46 PM
It's on my phone, and not my iPad app store, but I have them linked, so downloaded to my phone, appeared on my iPad.

I'm in Australia.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 10:48 PM
It's on my phone, and not my iPad app store, but I have them linked, so downloaded to my phone, appeared on my iPad.

I'm in Australia.

Will you please post a picture of the following:

The App itself
The loading screen
The welcome screen (if you took snapshots already)
The Store
Gameplay (Screen snapshot)

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:49 PM
It's looping a bit, when I finish a goal, it cancels it and asks me to do it again.

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:49 PM
I only know how to take a photo in the app, how do you do the rest?

bigbux3
07-06-12, 10:50 PM

The newest TeamLava games remind me of those weird virtual games. TeamLava's unique styling, colors, and pictures set themselves apart from the crowd. That's why I continue to play their games.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 10:51 PM
I only know how to take a photo in the app, how do you do the rest?

Is there a camera button?
You can take a screensnap shot of everything by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time. You'll see a white flash and the picture will be stored in your Photos Application. Just upload it onto the forums when finished.

333paddington
07-06-12, 10:58 PM
I tried what you said a few times, but the iPad keeps shutting down instead.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 11:00 PM
NOTE TO TEAMLAVA

Instead of creating a whole new app with insane features and virtually cartoony designs and colors, why didn't you just improve the regular City Story app? I don't like portrait mode, waiting for things to build and finish, insane colors, and energy refills.
I'm finally glad that you made things turn in 4 directions but c'mon. Why a new app? You should've improved the one you have now. Put these cool items in City Story... just without energy, waiting for things to complete and build, and the animated items.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 11:01 PM
I tried what you said a few times, but the iPad keeps shutting down instead.

Press the home button and the power button at the SAME time. Try it again.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 11:05 PM
You're kidding. This game will be getting weekly updates!

333paddington
07-06-12, 11:05 PM
I tried again and again, this is on the iPad, still not taking a photo or white flashing or anything. Stress, stress, waa waa.

I'm an adult, these are just games, deep breaths, okay will try again.

See if you can find someone that knows what they're doing in the meantime.

bigbux3
07-06-12, 11:09 PM
I tried again and again, this is on the iPad, still not taking a photo or white flashing or anything. Stress, stress, waa waa.

I'm an adult, these are just games, deep breaths, okay will try again.

See if you can find someone that knows what they're doing in the meantime.

I know no one else from Australia. This game is only released in Australia. I read the description and saw the pictures of the game in iTunes. I'm disappointed. Why recreate this game when you can improve the one we already have?

333paddington
07-06-12, 11:41 PM
This is not a game I will be spending money on like the others.

I'm bored waiting for energy.

The buildings they're using are the same ones in city story.

333paddington
07-07-12, 02:43 AM
I've given it up.

sparks229
07-07-12, 02:55 AM
Looks just like city story if you ask me

mattyboo1
07-07-12, 08:21 AM
Im downloading it now

sweetstuff525
07-07-12, 09:25 AM
I'm not downloading it until they offer me gems for it in the other games lol every time I download a game before its officially released I don't get the goals or gems... This time I'm waiting and if I don't get gems for it won't be downloading it since it looks like city story and I'm not into city story

bigbux3
07-07-12, 09:41 AM
Why did they do this though? Just put those features (minus waiting and recharging) in the game you have now. It doesn't even look like a TeamLava game now. I'm very disappointed.

sweetstuff525
07-07-12, 10:04 AM
Maybe city story will be like zoo story one and this new games it's like zoo story 2.... Does not make sense people have been asking for different story games not the same one just called differently

bigbux3
07-07-12, 10:26 AM
Maybe city story will be like zoo story one and this new games it's like zoo story 2.... Does not make sense people have been asking for different story games not the same one just called differently

City Story still has players. They've probably lost more than half their customers though (because the game was being left out) but I still play it! Why recreate a new game with a WHOLE new different design and look, when you can just improve, and I mean improve, the game we already have now. City Story Metro looks cartoony with bright and ugly colors and ridiculous designs and buildings. City Story Metro looks like those other city building games where you see GIANT hamburgers on top of buildings and people walk around in circles. All they did was take buildings from City Story and mess up the color! I don't care if they've added a night feature to this game. They botched it with the waiting for buildings to finish building and energy refilling. As I recall, no one likes these features! If you just wanted to add goals to the game, why didn't you put them in City Story? I've been waiting for them! This game has been around WAAAAY too long. It's like knocking down The Statue of Liberty because she turned a bit greener. No! You just improve her. They've improved her lights, her arms, her face, and much more.
I liked TeamLava's classic games like: Farm Story, City Story, Restaurant Story, Bakery Story, Nightclub Story, (I don't play it, but) Fashion Story. They had a unique style and looked TOTALLY different from other "Building Games." Now in the newest games, you have to wait to build things and refill your energy and it's ANNOYING! I don't like: Pet Shop Story, Zoo Story 2, Bubble Mania, Pet Hotel Story, Dragon Story, and Treasure Story. Can you tell that it's the newest games?
Is the company listening to us? I think it's just a waste of time to recreate a game, but in a WHOLE DIFFERENT way. Zoo Story wasn't a hit at all because there were no updates and it became boring... so you recreate another Zoo Story game... ???

mattyboo1
07-07-12, 11:50 AM
What are you talking about a night feature

pinkster73
07-07-12, 12:01 PM
*Insert how it's unfair that it's not available on android comment here.

sweetstuff525
07-07-12, 12:06 PM

I'm iOS and don't see it in the app store... When I see it I'm going to wait to see if I get some goals requiring to download it

Tempete8
07-07-12, 12:07 PM
GREAT another game Unavailable for Andriod....Why not catch Andriod up on the old games and features before making a new one.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 01:02 PM
GREAT another game Unavailable for Andriod....Why not catch Andriod up on the old games and features before making a new one.
You wouldn't want this game anyway.

What are you talking about a night feature

I guess when night hits in your area, your city turns to night and the building lights go on. I don't see how they couldn't implement those features into the game WE ALREADY HAVE!
http://i45.tinypic.com/jgrzhe.jpg

bigbux3
07-07-12, 01:04 PM
And they're putting their name on everything:

http://i49.tinypic.com/5akf43.jpg

sunstorm01
07-07-12, 01:08 PM
I know no one else from Australia. This game is only released in Australia. I read the description and saw the pictures of the game in iTunes. I'm disappointed. Why recreate this game when you can improve the one we already have?

I'm in Australia- its in the app store , just loaded it up.. We got dragon story first too..not fair for others, but I think we are like guinea pigs.

sunstorm01
07-07-12, 01:16 PM
Omg- got to level three.. Have to wait for energy.. Or buy it. Bye bye metro

bigbux3
07-07-12, 01:18 PM
Omg- got to level three.. Have to wait for energy.. Or buy it. Bye bye metro

Doesn't TeamLava know we don't like energy! Well, we like energy, but we don't like waiting for our energy levels to refill. This game looks NOTHING like the old TeamLava games.

sunstorm01
07-07-12, 01:20 PM
I feel for you big bux.. This is to you like it would be for me if TL stopped all updates on restaurant story and then brought out another version of it. Omg I wonder if that's the plan!!! * shakes head in disbelief *

greygull
07-07-12, 01:28 PM
I feel for you big bux.. This is to you like it would be for me if TL stopped all updates on restaurant story and then brought out another version of it. Omg I wonder if that's the plan!!! * shakes head in disbelief *

Personal note here - they already did that. RS came out in October 2010, and several months later BS came out. People were so mad, saying how come TL didn't just put all of the recipes and decor into RS. It would be very old threads - but they are still here.

I'm finding out more about this game ;)

sunstorm01
07-07-12, 01:36 PM
Well there u go..wonders never cease. Personally I've never put bakery story and restaurant story as in being the same game. But I can understand others views on that.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 01:42 PM
Personal note here - they already did that. RS came out in October 2010, and several months later BS came out. People were so mad, saying how come TL didn't just put all of the recipes and decor into RS. It would be very old threads - but they are still here. I'm finding out more about this game ;)

Well there u go..wonders never cease. Personally I've never put bakery story and restaurant story as in being the same game. But I can understand others views on that.

I never saw it as the same game. I think it was a good idea (for that) because they were 2 different things. However, you're recreating a game that we already have and you didn't update it this week. Besides fair, I think that that was a bad idea. Why not put those features into the game we already have, minus the refilling and waiting for buildings to build. City Story Metro looks nothing like City Story, so why recreate a game?

pinkster73
07-07-12, 02:31 PM
I never saw it as the same game. I think it was a good idea (for that) because they were 2 different things. However, you're recreating a game that we already have and you didn't update it this week. Besides fair, I think that that was a bad idea. Why not put those features into the game we already have, minus the refilling and waiting for buildings to build. City Story Metro looks nothing like City Story, so why recreate a game?

All the city cash people have but didn't spend is worthless now. They have to buy again in the new game. Just a thought.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 02:55 PM
All the city cash people have but didn't spend is worthless now. They have to buy again in the new game. Just a thought.

Well, looking at the pictures I posted, there is no cc in the game... it's now funny looking gems. After we completed the contracts in City Story there was no other way of earning CC. They should've just put more contracts and improved the game NOT MAKE ANOTHER ONE!!

GroupMagma
07-07-12, 04:21 PM
Hey guys,
This is indeed a new TL game, though we're still testing a lot of the features. It's currently not available in all countries. For those that are playing, we'd appreciate your feedback on the game (keep it to this thread; no City Story Metro forum yet), as we're working out a lot of the kinks.

Thanks!
-GM

333paddington
07-07-12, 04:55 PM
I deleted it because I hate games that need energy to play, like bubble mania got deleted as well.

I don't understand why the need for energy exists at all, why can't we just play when we want to play.

It's frustrating to have to leave it for an hour before going back.

There are plenty of games out there without the energy thing, that are enjoyable.

Please bring on more games, like bakery, restaurant, fashion and farm, without the energy.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 04:56 PM
Hey guys,
This is indeed a new TL game, though we're still testing a lot of the features. It's currently not available in all countries. For those that are playing, we'd appreciate your feedback on the game (keep it to this thread; no City Story Metro forum yet), as we're working out a lot of the kinks.

Thanks!
-GM

You never answered why you recreated a game instead of improving the one we already have... which clearly works just fine.

cast1532
07-07-12, 04:57 PM
I couldn't wait until this game was available for North America so I created an account with the Australian iTunes Store. lol. So far, I'm in level 2. This is what I wanted City Story to be but without the energy part.

cast1532
07-07-12, 05:01 PM
Hahha wow

Yeah...lol. Impatient...That's me.

Wow, I think the highest level is 7.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 05:02 PM
Yeah...lol. Impatient...That's me.

Wow, I think the highest level is 7.

Really! How do you do that?

mattyboo1
07-07-12, 05:03 PM
How is it 7 some items unlock at 10

cast1532
07-07-12, 05:04 PM
Really! How do you do that?

What do you mean? Getting the game? or how to get to level 7? I'm still in level 2. I was visiting other people's cities.

How is it 7 some items unlock at 10

I don't know. I was visiting other people's cities and that's the highest level that I saw. It can be level 10, I just started like 5 minutes ago.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 05:08 PM
Cast1532, never mind. I meant create an Australian account. I know how to but I don't wanna. How do you use energy in the game? What is it used for? And can you post ingame pictures?

cast1532
07-07-12, 05:10 PM
Cast1532, never mind. I meant create an Australian account. I know how to but I don't wanna. How do you use energy in the game? What is it used for? And can you post ingame pictures?

Okay. I need to take screenshots and upload them on my iPad. Give me some time.

cast1532
07-07-12, 05:20 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/8a5eaefd.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/3d7c1f78.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/a19001e7.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/de1d20eb.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/f733366a.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/353724ab.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/07612227.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/32ce356d.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/8ad508c2.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/373a7c44.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/73860d95.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g53/cast1532/057fa48e.jpg

cast1532
07-07-12, 05:21 PM
I uploaded some pictures.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 05:40 PM
You have GOT to be kidding. This is nothing like a TeamLava game! They look like all the others to me! I liked TeamLava's style because they were so different (in a good way) from other companies. They were set apart and that's what made me download their games. Now I'm starting to regret.

cast1532
07-07-12, 05:48 PM
I can't believe I uploaded a Farm Story screenshot. lol.

bigbux3
07-07-12, 09:09 PM
So how's the "new game" coming along?

ariesblu
07-11-12, 02:32 AM
From the screen shots this new game aesthetically looks pretty odd - maybe more gaudy than the original CS. But alas when they do move it to more countries it won't be on Android any time soon.

bigbux3
07-11-12, 02:34 AM
From the screen shots this new game aesthetically looks pretty odd - maybe more gaudy than the original CS. But alas when they do move it to more countries it won't be on Android any time soon.

Are you able to download this game?

ariesblu
07-11-12, 02:36 AM
Are you able to download this game?
No I am not.

merryston
07-11-12, 04:34 AM
I was able to download it from the oz itunes store. It is a new version - the ultimate sequel. The features are different from the 2010 city story but the problem I find is the lack of energy in order to do anything in the game. It means you play it less while waiting. This is one TL needs to figure out. I used my 20 gems to buy energy - and used a couple of energy pills and then changed level only for the energy to reset to high - so basically I wasted those 20 gems because it didn't add those energy pills on top of the reset. The energy thing is a problem. Apart from that - sequels happen in games - perhaps they can find a way to implement users of the 2010 city story so they are somewhat compensated on the new game. Like giving them 100 gems and extra cash to get started.

Classic70
07-11-12, 04:53 AM
Gosh, I sure hope this does not mean TL will forget about City Story, because I like that a lot better. I hate games where you have to wait for your energy to refill and, judging by the pictures I like the look of CS better.

sourlicorice2
07-11-12, 09:27 AM
right now I don't want any new games. I'll settle for the ones I'm playing to be fixed so I can play them. going on the third night I haven't been able to visit nbrs on all of them.

pinkster73
07-11-12, 10:13 AM
Although I'm android so i don't get this game, I'd thought I'd chime in and say i hate games where you run out of energy. I've uninstalled every game that I've tried that had this.

sourlicorice2
07-11-12, 10:35 AM
Although I'm android so i don't get this game, I'd thought I'd chime in and say i hate games where you run out of energy. I've uninstalled every game that I've tried that had this.

I hate them to though Bubble mania isn't too bad as its not one I play for long periods of time anyways. I've played a similar looking game to this new one (I don't have it yet) and always ended up deleting them cause of the energy refill. gonna give this one a pass for that reason plus its not very original looking seeing as there other games pretty much the same.

kooky panda
07-11-12, 10:43 AM
Energy is not my favorite thing in a game, but I always like to try and give the new games a chance. When Zoo1 came out with the energy , I was not happy, but after I got going in the game, I learned how to manage it and hopefully this game gives you more energy bars as you advance levels like Zoo did.

When Dragon was released, I downloaded to play just so I could help with issues on the forum, and it has been one of my favorites. You just never know with a TL game:D

sourlicorice2
07-11-12, 10:55 AM
Energy is not my favorite thing in a game, but I always like to try and give the new games a chance. When Zoo1 came out with the energy , I was not happy, but after I got going in the game, I learned how to manage it and hopefully this game gives you more energy bars as you advance levels like Zoo did.

When Dragon was released, I downloaded to play just so I could help with issues on the forum, and it has been one of my favorites. You just never know with a TL game:D

true I didn't think I'd like dragon or bubble mania but I do. I doubt I'll like this one though but may give it a try just to see what it's like. doubt I'll play it for long though. It would be nice if TL would at least come out with a game that hasn't been made already. Something new and unique.

bigbux3
07-11-12, 11:28 AM
I was able to download it from the oz itunes store. It is a new version - the ultimate sequel. The features are different from the 2010 city story but the problem I find is the lack of energy in order to do anything in the game. It means you play it less while waiting. This is one TL needs to figure out. I used my 20 gems to buy energy - and used a couple of energy pills and then changed level only for the energy to reset to high - so basically I wasted those 20 gems because it didn't add those energy pills on top of the reset. The energy thing is a problem. Apart from that - sequels happen in games - perhaps they can find a way to implement users of the 2010 city story so they are somewhat compensated on the new game. Like giving them 100 gems and extra cash to get started.

Gosh, I sure hope this does not mean TL will forget about City Story, because I like that a lot better. I hate games where you have to wait for your energy to refill and, judging by the pictures I like the look of CS better.

I hate them to though Bubble mania isn't too bad as its not one I play for long periods of time anyways. I've played a similar looking game to this new one (I don't have it yet) and always ended up deleting them cause of the energy refill. gonna give this one a pass for that reason plus its not very original looking seeing as there other games pretty much the same.

I've seen a boat load of other City Building Games that look just like this. That's what's making TeamLava just like other companies. I've noticed that TeamLava releases games now just like other games that have been released months before. Bubble Mania, Dragon Story, Pet Shop Story, Zoo Story (1) 2, was not their idea.

bigbux3
07-11-12, 11:32 AM

I believe that City Story Metro has an effect on City Story as we aren't receiving another update this week.

I delete them after 5 minutes. Their complicated, tricky, annoying, and not fun at all. TeamLava's new games are going in this direction and I don't like it.

I'm on the verge of deleting Bubble Mania though. I'm finding it hard to enjoy playing a game and passing time while I've used up all 5 energy.

merryston
07-11-12, 12:03 PM
Don't get me wrong kooky panda. I am all for new games. Many were crying out for more animation in city story if memory serves right so now this has it. I so far like the game along with the other story games - but hate the waiting for energy to refill - I am not very patient! Its basically a slow start to the game because of this. :)

luna8nova
07-11-12, 12:54 PM
You have GOT to be kidding. This is nothing like a TeamLava game! They look like all the others to me! I liked TeamLava's style because they were so different (in a good way) from other companies. They were set apart and that's what made me download their games. Now I'm starting to regret.

This reminds me of Big Business from Game Insight Mobile Games.
Luna

Classic70
07-11-12, 02:20 PM

I am all for giving new things a try and would not even mind if TL released a new game I do not like. Nobody is forcing me to play them. What I would mind, however was if releasing a new game meant that a lot of players who have invested a lot of time and money on an existing game were suddenly left hanging because that game was abandoned by TL in favor of the new one. I do not yet know if this will be the case, but would sure like to find out before I invest anymore in CS (I have not been playing for very long yet)

bigbux3
07-11-12, 02:26 PM
I am all for giving new things a try and would not even mind if TL released a new game I do not like. Nobody is forcing me to play them. What I would mind, however was if releasing a new game meant that a lot of players who have invested a lot of time and money on an existing game were suddenly left hanging because that game was abandoned by TL in favor of the new one. I do not yet know if this will be the case, but would sure like to find out before I invest anymore in CS (I have not been playing for very long yet)

I've worked hard for the items that I've purchased in City Story. I've spent a lot of money purchasing City Cash to help support the app and the company. I know that this week we aren't receiving any updates so I'm guessing the support is done. I'm very sad and upset. TeamLava Staff won't even tell us if they're done supporting the game or if the game is taking a small improvement break, which I highly doubt. You can't just drop your customers like this TeamLava! It's not right! :(

shakiba
07-11-12, 02:49 PM
I cant believe I missed this thread! Seems lots of people arent so happy. So is this game worth downloading or not? :/

sourlicorice2
07-11-12, 04:05 PM
I've seen a boat load of other City Building Games that look just like this. That's what's making TeamLava just like other companies. I've noticed that TeamLava releases games now just like other games that have been released months before. Bubble Mania, Dragon Story, Pet Shop Story, Zoo Story (1) 2, was not their idea.

I'm not the only one that's noticed this lol.

bigbux3
07-12-12, 12:36 AM
City Story Metro is now out for US. I'm upset :(

Limaxa
07-12-12, 03:35 AM
Why a new verion of City Story?! What's coming next? New Bakery or Restaurant? -.-

Zetra
07-12-12, 04:31 AM
What I most feared is such game like this is hard to end when it's started,as thousand curious user will flood inside the game and make their first milestone,maybe even use money to buy gem!Now we should look into suggested new game section and see who's idea is this.

coolgamegirl27
07-12-12, 06:49 AM
City story Metro in itunes app store now

coolgamegirl27
07-12-12, 07:13 AM
Wow, built 2 shops, a greenhouse and 3 and a half houses. Got to wait 2 hours for more energy :(

coolgamegirl27
07-12-12, 07:41 AM
Oops think that might be 2 minutes for energy;)

PsyDoc
07-12-12, 09:26 AM
Im bitter because of the money I spent on a game that will no longer be supported, but aside from that, I honestly think CS Metro looks awful. And why rehash a lot of the same buildings from CS but with a sloppy discolored cartoon version? The original buildings were great. Maybe users who never played CS will like it, but for those of us that have been playing CS for a long time, it's an incredible let down. They really screwed up a good thing. I'm now reluctant to put any money into the other games for fear they'll be abandoned as well. It's too bad. I really enjoyed a lot of the TL games.

ariesblu
07-13-12, 12:05 AM
Im bitter because of the money I spent on a game that will no longer be supported, but aside from that, I honestly think CS Metro looks awful. And why rehash a lot of the same buildings from CS but with a sloppy discolored cartoon version? The original buildings were great. Maybe users who never played CS will like it, but for those of us that have been playing CS for a long time, it's an incredible let down. They really screwed up a good thing. I'm now reluctant to put any money into the other games for fear they'll be abandoned as well. It's too bad. I really enjoyed a lot of the TL games.
It is a shame when it comes down to this because the company chooses to move in unappealing directions.

bigbux3
07-13-12, 12:54 AM
Why a new verion of City Story?! What's coming next? New Bakery or Restaurant? -.-

New version of Restaurant.

Rachael98
07-13-12, 01:12 AM

You actually want it? It's the worst TeamLava game I've ever played. I hate it more than TS, and I really disliked that concept.

Zoo 1 did have energy, but for the most part for TL, it was an entirely new game. When they brought it out, they certainly had animals in their games, but not in a way that you'd feed and look after them. The concept was new, fresh and exciting. For a bit.
It wasn't executed perfectly, and few people continued to play. So they brought out Zoo 2. Which was executed better, and refreshed their userbase.

Dragon was not a completely new concept; in many ways it resembled the many animal games they'd brought out by then (exc. PHS). It was a really good way of doing it though, and I love it.

In stark contrast, City Story was the first TL game I ever chose to download. It's certainly not my favourite since RS and DS have been downloaded on to my device, but it's still got a massive userbase, and it looks really good. It may not have stupidly RAM-hogging animations, but it does what it's meant to do. This is high-quality mobile gaming, and should most definitely NOT be confused by the thought of "Oh, look how successful Sim City for PC has been; it makes EA millions - let's make it on our platform". That is not how it works, this platform (ie. mobile as a whole) doesn't want to be playing a badly recreated Sim City.
It isn't a well-executed mobile game, and it's not designed with the actual players in mind. I presume their QA Testers had unlimited gems, so unlimited energy, etc.
I don't like it, and I think that they're being stupid to (as it seems) "abandon" - stop updates - the original, perfectly good game, which was well-executed as a mobile game.
They're going to try and move their players from the existing game; the players will not like it, and will stop playing any City Story at all. Perfect way to muck up a userbase, annoy players and lose revenues, whilst simultaneously creating the worst mobile game in the company's history. Well done, Storm8. Way to go.

MsDianaS
07-13-12, 01:16 AM
I completely agree! Not only does the new City game look like its was created for 5 year olds, but I am not pleased that the origional City game appears to have been abandoned by TL. Why not continue to update CS for those of us that love it and was still willing to invest in CS cash? I wont download the newer version. It doesn't look appealing at all. And I will not invest more money into starting over.

Classic70
07-13-12, 02:32 AM
I downloaded CSM yesterday. Boy, is it exasperating!! You can't do anything because the energy keeps running out. Last night before I went to sleep I was out of energy, but expected to have enough in the morning to get with. It was not even enough to collect on the few buildings I have!! I do think the nighttie mode is pretty cool, but other than that it's like CS for people with ADD ;) and I find it annoying to play with the energy running out so quickly. CS also looks better. I really hope TL will not abandon it. I wish they would tell us soon. I currently have a gem sale in CS and don't know what to do now...

Classic70
07-13-12, 02:33 AM
Of course meant night time mode...

skygazer
07-13-12, 03:56 AM
pls dont **** CS, why they keep making stupid new game with energy limitation. look at zoo and treasure stories. geez

music908
07-13-12, 06:11 AM
For some reason I actually like the new look better than the old. I'm not sure if I like the energy, though.

mcnaynay
07-13-12, 07:48 AM
New version of Restaurant.

Is this really true?

mcnaynay
07-13-12, 07:49 AM
Teamlava wake up!!

Stop changing games that are already good.

lambyo
07-13-12, 08:22 AM
Popping in to add my two cents....

I play BS, FS, NS, and RS. *I have tried CS and FS, but didn't care for them. *I am currently playing CSM, and am bothered by the whole energy thing. *I currently play Cityville, Hometown and have for over a year. *It is also energy based. *I have spent a lot of real money on that one. *In comparison, CSM is lacking. *I feel sorry for the current CS players if TL abandons their game. *I know if it happens to one of the 4 TL games I play, I will not be back.*

I have spent lots of real money on my 4 games and am at levels 98 and 99 on them. *I have no desire to quit them and start from scratch. *This is what I have always feared with freemiums, if the company goes bust or abandons the games, the players are SOL.

I'm remaining neutral on this one at the moment, I will play CSM, but will not spend any real money until all of this plays itself out. *I will also put a moratorium on my spending on my other games until I am sure they won't be abandoned also.

SakuraSweetie
07-13-12, 12:17 PM
ahh why they make this kind of games again so boring. I was hope they make game like Flower Shop(facebook games), Disney Ghosts of Mistwood (facebook games), House M.D. - Critical Cases (facebook games).....

bigbux3
07-13-12, 01:07 PM
TL is "unsure" if City Story will still be supported. But I highly doubt that it will. Now I see how they treat their customers.

MinxeyJusty
07-13-12, 01:26 PM
I gave it a try. It wasn't long and I was stuck in my quests. I couldn't do anything because I didn't have the energy. Yes I play City Story, Farm Story, Dragon Story, Zoo Story 2, Pet Shop Story, and Pet Hotel Story. I originally chose these games because I didn't have to wait on energy. Yes, I did start iMobsters due to the quests for it. I've also stalled at lvl 15 for now because it's boring too with its energy requirement. Same for Bubble Mania.

Another thing I noticed as I briefly played Metro was that when I went visiting the community, thinking I would earn energy back faster (HA! Didn't happen of course), was that as I'd do whatever it is to 3 of the players buildings I would then get a pop up about having finished the city hall quest and then another pop up graphic of a vehicle driving somewhere. Of course I'd hit the home graphic and get there and no the quest was not done.

So there is a bug you guys need to fix as well as the biggest bug of all to fix, remove the energy requirement in City Story Metro!!!!!!!! I deleted it already from my iPhone as well as gave it a 1 star review in the store. Make it more like CS and blend us CS players into it and then maybe we'll play it.

ariesblu
07-13-12, 01:29 PM
I gave it a try. It wasn't long and I was stuck in my quests. I couldn't do anything because I didn't have the energy. Yes I play City Story, Farm Story, Dragon Story, Zoo Story 2, Pet Shop Story, and Pet Hotel Story. I originally chose these games because I didn't have to wait on energy. Yes, I did start iMobsters due to the quests for it. I've also stalled at lvl 15 for now because it's boring too with its energy requirement. Same for Bubble Mania.

Another thing I noticed as I briefly played Metro was that when I went visiting the community, thinking I would earn energy back faster (HA! Didn't happen of course), was that as I'd do whatever it is to 3 of the players buildings I would then get a pop up about having finished the city hall quest and then another pop up graphic of a vehicle driving somewhere. Of course I'd hit the home graphic and get there and no the quest was not done.

So there is a bug you guys need to fix as well as the biggest bug of all to fix, remove the energy requirement in City Story Metro!!!!!!!! I deleted it already from my iPhone as well as gave it a 1 star review in the store. Make it more like CS and blend us CS players into it and then maybe we'll play it.

This sounds so disappointing. If this ever comes on Android it doesn't sound tempting to try out.

Classic70
07-13-12, 01:51 PM
TL is "unsure" if City Story will still be supported. But I highly doubt that it will. Now I see how they treat their customers.

Bigbux3, Have you heard from TL? Did they let you know they were unsure if CS will still be supported? Or is there a notification somewhere?

lambyo
07-13-12, 01:51 PM
I'm about ready to delete too. I have barely any money, no energy, no gems, and it takes too long to fully stock my stores. I need another community building before I can buy any more houses, but I am 3,000 short. My shops bring in a pittance, so it will take forever to make that money. I refuse to spend real money, as doubt I will be playing this game after the weekend. I am stuck.

bigbux3
07-13-12, 02:00 PM
Teamlava must be crazy to make 900,000 coins and 2,100,000 coins and 80 gems and 50 gems!

sourlicorice5
07-15-12, 07:08 AM
I can't believe I waited 2 days for this game to download. I think I played it all of 2 minutes when I ran out of energy. This game is exactly like another game I played (and quit cause of the energy thing). Only difference is the graphics and the other one you couldn't have nbrs or visit others on. Also went to visit a community members city and the sparkles from others cleaning the buildings were awful and just plain annoying. Yep definitely won't be playing this game. Get rid of the energy and the sparkles and Id probably play it.

farmerpeaches
07-15-12, 09:55 AM
ENERGY?????!!!!!!! Are you serious TL......WHY????? When we want to play our TL games no matter which it might be we don't want to be limited by time!!!!!! By having energy this is what you have put on us a time limit to how long we can play....not fair by no means!!!! This need to be taken away from the game!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!

bigbux3
07-15-12, 01:59 PM
You can't tap the items in other cities to find out the name, you can't tell if you've visited a friend/community member, the flashing sparkles gets on my nerves, there is no gifting system, (even though I don't want to) I can't buy gems, the cars run over people, the people's heads are HUGE and they bounce when they walk which scares me...

sweetstuff525
07-15-12, 02:08 PM
Like don't like this game every time I go into a game I collect my money and then I'm out of energy... Can't expand cuz I can't earn money unless I go in game every half hour which I wont

bigbux3
07-15-12, 02:12 PM
This game only has a few good things with it in my perspective: Night feature. That's all I can think of.

farmerpeaches
07-15-12, 03:58 PM
OK.....this is soooooooo ridiculous....I had 2 contracts and couldn't even get them when they were finished... WHY you ask because I ran out of ENERGY.....I'm over this game....DELETING IT FOR NOW...IF TL gets rid of the ENERGY I will gladly play this game!!!!!!!

jayfirefly
07-15-12, 04:03 PM
I like how the game changes to night! It looks so cute.

bchanelmusic
07-15-12, 08:52 PM
So do we actually see people and cars moving around?? This was the only reason I never played City Story, there was no action, no movement. If this has people and cars on the go through the city, I will def download it.

bigbux3
07-15-12, 09:48 PM
So do we actually see people and cars moving around?? This was the only reason I never played City Story, there was no action, no movement. If this has people and cars on the go through the city, I will def download it.

Warning, this game is different from others and in my opinion lacks features and contains bad ones.

coolgamegirl27
07-16-12, 01:06 AM
Not getting along with this game at all. Its like a vicious circle. Need coins, but cant make coins as cant make enough supply's to stock stores, as I dont have enough Population to get another greenhouse, as I dont have enough coins to buy another community building..... And you never have enough energy to collect supplys and houses and stores to make coins. Aaaarrrrhh.

Also how on earth did I manage to have -4 energy after not playing for an hour???????

Classic70
07-16-12, 03:06 AM
Not getting along with this game at all. Its like a vicious circle. Need coins, but cant make coins as cant make enough supply's to stock stores, as I dont have enough Population to get another greenhouse, as I dont have enough coins to buy another community building..... And you never have enough energy to collect supplys and houses and stores to make coins. Aaaarrrrhh.

Also how on earth did I manage to have -4 energy after not playing for an hour???????

It is exactly like that for me! Want new greenhouse, but have to get more residences first. cannot get residences, 'cause have to get community building first, have to make money for that, but cannot collect because no energy and cannot stock businesses cause too few greenhouses that take too much time and energy to produce goods. FRUSTRATING!

lambyo
07-16-12, 04:41 AM
Exactly! Here's another one....I had money to purchase an expansion, so I made sure to buy a square with no trees since it would cost energy to chop them down. Lo and behold, I wake up this morning, and there are FOUR trees on my plot of land! Since when do trees grow overnight? That really ticked me off.

sweetstuff525
07-16-12, 05:15 AM
I'm still playing it .. But it's slower than a turtle which makes it boring.:. I won't invest money in this game

bigbux3
07-16-12, 10:13 AM
I've been reading ALL of the iTunes (U.S) ratings on this game and... they aren't looking good at all.

sweetstuff525
07-16-12, 11:21 AM
I've been reading ALL of the iTunes (U.S) ratings on this game and... they aren't looking good at all.

Lol I hope they look at that and people that aren't spending money on that game and resist with the idea of leaving city story behind on updates... I think all the players in city story should still get updates on their game.... I'm not a city player

shakiba
07-16-12, 11:46 AM
I just wish that TL would starting making different games rather than same old. Maybe instead of making a 2nd version of a game, why not make a totally new game so ppl can try it and not complain bc its not related to another game that they already created.

bigbux3
07-16-12, 12:01 PM
Lol I hope they look at that and people that aren't spending money on that game and resist with the idea of leaving city story behind on updates... I think all the players in city story should still get updates on their game.... I'm not a city player

We haven't and I don't think we will get anymore updates. I think there are a few people spending money on this game because I see them with the Corporate Tower, the Bowling Alley, and other high priced gem items. I can't buy gems but in the app store I see the prices of the gems and they're reasonable and I wish they were in all the games.
$0.99 for 20 gems
$1.99 for 45 gems
$4.99 for 120 gems
$9.99 for 250 gems
$19.99 for 530 gems
$49.99 for 1400 gems.
These prices should be in all the games for the same amounts. That could be a good feature to this game. The only thing I like about this game is the 360 degrees, the music, and the night feature. That's it. And look, I'm waiting to refill energy.

shakiba
07-16-12, 12:05 PM
We haven't and I don't think we will get anymore updates. I think there are a few people spending money on this game because I see them with the Corporate Tower, the Bowling Alley, and other high priced gem items. I can't buy gems but in the app store I see the prices of the gems and they're reasonable and I wish they were in all the games.
$0.99 for 20 gems
$1.99 for 45 gems
$4.99 for 120 gems
$9.99 for 250 gems
$19.99 for 530 gems
$49.99 for 1400 gems.
These prices should be in all the games for the same amounts. That could be a good feature to this game. The only thing I like about this game is the 360 degrees, the music, and the night feature. That's it. And look, I'm waiting to refill energy.
Thore are good prices. Are the items in metro expensive (worth alot of gems)?

bigbux3
07-16-12, 12:20 PM
Thore are good prices. Are the items in metro expensive (worth alot of gems)?

They're expensive but not worth their price. I wont be paying 80 gems for a Bowling Alley.

shakiba
07-16-12, 12:26 PM
They're expensive but not worth their price. I wont be paying 80 gems for a Bowling Alley.

Oh, no wonder the gems prices are good. Makes sense. Btw, I wound't either.

coolgamegirl27
07-16-12, 12:46 PM

And how many alias' have you posted under? Lol:)

bigbux3
07-16-12, 12:51 PM
And how many alias' have you posted under? Lol:)

Posted under? They're just reviews. Can you reply to them?

bigbux3
07-16-12, 01:46 PM
WOOOOOOOW TeamLava. I knew it. Just knew it. I knew that I was going to accidentally tap the Speed up for 2 gems button with my factory. Those pop-ups get in your way when you're collecting coins.

bigbux3
07-16-12, 06:24 PM
You know, since TeamLava "improved" the game by creating a new one with high animations and 360 degree buildings, why not make the people interact with the buildings? They could go inside, exit... teepee. And since this game is full of animations, why not bring back the Mini-Game City Story had, but this time make the reward a gem instead of a river tile. Let this be done WITHOUT using energy.

coolgamegirl27
07-17-12, 11:18 AM
Does anyone have a minus energy problem? Whenever I collect from buildings I end up with -2 or -4 energy. Then when energy gets to 0, notifications tell me my energy is full.

kooky panda
07-17-12, 12:39 PM
Does anyone have a minus energy problem? Whenever I collect from buildings I end up with -2 or -4 energy. Then when energy gets to 0, notifications tell me my energy is full.

I have gotten this a couple of times. I think the game let me use more than I had, but I will check on this.

Kijame
07-17-12, 12:40 PM
I just downloaded this from the German iTunes and started playing. You know, in case reaching some level would help me later in DS, like e.g. with Pet Hotel. I have to agree that the overall lack of energy is a tad displeasing. I mean, on the one hand I can live with having to wait so I get to spend more time with PHS, however, I don't see myself progressing too fast any time soon there...

Also I expanded too soon, cause now I have a quest for it and the next expansion requires help from other players - and I don't have any friends on there yet. (Plus, given the responses in this thread, I won't have many peeps too choose from :P). Why can't expansion quests work retroactively? (For all those games)
Something like: Have X expansions --> y/x
So if it requires me to have expanded my town thrice and I only did it twice so far, it'd show 2/3... THAT would make sense, especially given how often most of these games have expansion quests. I feel that those essentially punish me for expanding too soon.

I haven't played the 'old' CS, so I can't say much to that... I am however sure that if I run out of app space, this game is one of the candidates to get deleted first.

bigbux3
07-17-12, 12:57 PM

Yup. And it doesn't even do what I was trying to do. If I were to collect a building, it would say -1 energy and it wouldn't have collected the building, leaving me with -1.

RealFarmer1222
07-17-12, 02:51 PM
So is this gonna come to Android and Kindle.....once all the bugs are worked out??????

kooky panda
07-17-12, 05:43 PM

This is a known issue. When you're at 0 Energy, tapping on buildings to collect may work and will subtract energy, causing you to go negative. You'll have to wait for energy to add to go back up. It should be fixed with a version update later.

doodlebug8
07-17-12, 10:54 PM
This is a known issue. When you're at 0 Energy, tapping on buildings to collect may work and will subtract energy, causing you to go negative. You'll have to wait for energy to add to go back up. It should be fixed with a version update later.

Well, shoot. I thought it was a feature. I hope they don't fix it. It only happens when you hit on homes so I thought it was "by design." That way, when you are at 0 people can still ding dong you and you can collect the level up ratings star, clear it and another person can come ding dong. I use this to level up and for when I go to bed so that when I wake up I'm full again. That way I usually always have a spot for people to visit me. Then again, I way too many homes. :)

Kijame
07-18-12, 04:13 PM
Hey guys, I am level 13 and don't have a single quest atm... So all I do right now is collect and produce... when I don't forget to check, cause the whole energy thing doesn't exactly keep me glued to the screen XD

Shylore
07-18-12, 11:41 PM
I tried this game out since I love City Story so much thought I'd at least give it a go. Especially with the rumors of them taking it away. Well I gave it a try. But I truely disliked it. Felt very childish and had barely got started and have to sit out since need energy??!! As in an arcade game. Well I'm sure some will enjoy it but it's just not for me. I like playing games that have a more real life feel.

Kijame
07-19-12, 05:46 AM
More changes... Victorian houses now give coins after 10 minutes (instead of two or three)...

I'm a little peeved as I just leveled up after collecting and had full energy, and now I'm essentially "wasting" 3 energy that could have recovered while I wait to pick up more coins from the houses. >.<

Kijame
07-19-12, 05:46 AM
*20 Minutes, not 10. So I could have recovered at least 6 energy...

frhu
07-19-12, 07:00 AM
Does anyone have a problem while you expand???? I click on expand, it starts, then 10 secs later pouf, nothing, the money is back and no expension?????
What is wrong???
I left a message for my other game, the pet hotel cause I have a bug, it's been 24 days and still no answer.. Hope it won't take as long for the one... :-(((

kooky panda
07-19-12, 08:00 AM
Does anyone have a problem while you expand???? I click on expand, it starts, then 10 secs later pouf, nothing, the money is back and no expension?????
What is wrong???
I left a message for my other game, the pet hotel cause I have a bug, it's been 24 days and still no answer.. Hope it won't take as long for the one... :-(((
I have not had any issues, but others are having this issue and it has been reported.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?31841-Problem-expanding&p=353795&viewfull=1#post353795

kyora
07-19-12, 11:22 AM
Can I suggest that the game to be completely DEVOID of the energy system❔at this rate all players will be done playing within 1 min after HOURS of waiting time❕

If tl insist on energy..y not make the energy to be used on certain actions❔ like just chopping down trees, build houses and stock supplies..as those require energy in real life..in modern society..rent can be collected effortlessly without spending energy..I am sure this will help change the game dynamics to be more player friendly

Next..gift options please..so that we dun need to keep waiting for players to accept material request..but we can build it instantly..again if tl thinks that will allow player to progress too fast..then just let common materials be sent as gifts while special materials be required to be asked through nbrs only..this allow better interaction for an online game

My 2 cents worth

Kijame
07-19-12, 02:05 PM
Level 15 now, still got no quests to dooooooo... Oh well. I'll collect money at my leisure for now.

lildvl91
07-19-12, 06:13 PM
Ok I gave the game a shot. I did not like it at all. Did not like the energy bar. Playing tl games was nice since no energy bars but you ruin a game with an energy bar, yuk. Plus I noticed the colors seem not to great.

mposey
07-20-12, 11:24 AM
Can I suggest that the game to be completely DEVOID of the energy system❔at this rate all players will be done playing within 1 min after HOURS of waiting time❕

If tl insist on energy..y not make the energy to be used on certain actions❔ like just chopping down trees, build houses and stock supplies..as those require energy in real life..in modern society..rent can be collected effortlessly without spending energy..I am sure this will help change the game dynamics to be more player friendly

Next..gift options please..so that we dun need to keep waiting for players to accept material request..but we can build it instantly..again if tl thinks that will allow player to progress too fast..then just let common materials be sent as gifts while special materials be required to be asked through nbrs only..this allow better interaction for an online game

My 2 cents worth

I completely agree with this. I DL this game for a goal and I would possibly keep playing if I didn't have to wait for energy. This energy thing is lame. I shouldn't have to use energy picking up my money.....Deleting this gam ASAP

mattyboo1
07-21-12, 12:59 PM
I get -1 energy but I can use extra energy

Kijame
07-22-12, 12:40 AM
Although I got no quests still, I'm glad I started playing when I did... insta-finish for all those gem quests from the other games :D

ginerp
07-23-12, 04:49 PM
I agree with many of you about the energy. I tried the first City Story and got bored of it, but liked that there were moving things in this one so I thought I might really get into it. But having to stop playing constantly just makes things happen sooooooo slowly, I can't stand it. I downloaded Dragon and Bakery based on goals in other games, and ended up really liking them and keeping them, but I am not getting into this one at all, almost completely due to the energy thing. What a drag.

bigbux3
07-23-12, 04:52 PM
My biggest question is:

If TeamLava didn't want to update the original and make it compatible to Metro's features, then why did they create a whole new app... whole new design... lacking all of our suggested features... and basic features of City Story? I just don't get it. Just don't get it.