PDA

View Full Version : Some pet story questions...Android Players please respond!!!

pinkster73
07-06-12, 08:14 PM
I have a Galaxy Nexus running ics.

1. Why do i still have no surrounding neighborhood?

2. Why do some pets move when i touch them and others don't? Is this the case for everyone?

The moving pets are one of the reasons i keep this game. My 7 year old autistic niece loves how "our pets" move when we feed them. It would be nice if they all moved.

mattyboo1
07-06-12, 09:05 PM
Android have this problem

pinkster73
07-06-12, 10:26 PM
So on ios ALL the pets move? Just when you touch them or on their own? And i don't have a surrounding neighborhood because I'm on android? Does any android user have a surrounding neighborhood?

A TL employee said i don't have one because "inferior devices" couldn't have it. Did they mean all android devices are "inferior"? Because I've upgraded phones since then to a high end device (according to everyone in the world except TL ) and still don't have it.

By the way i asked this question NUMEROUS times in the android pet shop thread but never received any reply, answer, or look in my direction.

Hello? Bueller? Can i please have an answer?

pinkster73
07-09-12, 05:05 PM
Hello? Answers? My money smells?

lylahmae
07-09-12, 05:19 PM
Hello? Answers? My money smells?

Lol! This is my daughter's favorite game too a because there is a Basset hound so I keep it for her...they were so happy to say they had a game with goals for android and now it stops.

pinkster73
07-09-12, 05:28 PM
I think my questions are pretty simple. I have asked SO MANY times and just keep getting ignored.

kooky panda
07-09-12, 06:16 PM
I am not sure on the neighborhood, just what the CM posted on your other thread.
I checked and some of my pets move and some do not.
Iphone 4

pinkster73
07-09-12, 08:38 PM
I am not sure on the neighborhood, just what the CM posted on your other thread.
I checked and some of my pets move and some do not.
Iphone 4

What daojin posted in the other thread does not apply though. There's no way it can be because of an inferior device. What i want to know is:

Does any android device have a surrounding neighborhood in pet shop story?

pinkster73
07-10-12, 06:44 AM
How about today? Will i get an answer today?

pinkster73
07-10-12, 08:44 AM
♬♬ Jeopardy music plays ♬♬

pinkster73
07-10-12, 10:06 AM
Nobody on android plays pet shop?

kooky panda
07-10-12, 10:21 AM
Not me, but I have asked GG to check her game. I also edited your thread title to try and get the androids over;)

greygull
07-10-12, 10:53 AM
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/Screenshot_2012-07-10-10-52-01.png

Is that the neighborhood you're referring to?

pinkster73
07-10-12, 10:55 AM
http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l581/Greygull42/Screenshot_2012-07-10-10-52-01.png

Is that the neighborhood you're referring to?

Yes! Thank you! What device are you on?

And Thanks kooky!

greygull
07-10-12, 10:57 AM
Yes! Thank you! What device are you on?

And Thanks kooky!

Droid Razr, 4.0.4

pinkster73
07-10-12, 11:07 AM
Can you find out if they are going to fix this issue? I don't have a low end device. My phone can handle a neighborhood. I have Galaxy Nexus 4.0.1. This is what mine looks like. It's ugly and it needs fixed. I used to have a neighborhood. It was taken away in an update.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/Screenshot_2012-07-10-11-57-36.png

kooky panda
07-10-12, 11:40 AM
This is your new device that you transferred your game too? If so have you tried deleting and redownloading the game to see if you neighborhood will show up on your new device?? Just a thought.

bobbyrae
07-10-12, 11:56 AM
Not all my animals move either. So it's mot an android thing at all.

bobbyrae
07-10-12, 11:58 AM
Not all my animals move either. So it's not an android thing at all.

The ones that move seem to move on their own. I don't have to touch them.

pinkster73
07-10-12, 12:03 PM
This is your new device that you transferred your game too? If so have you tried deleting and redownloading the game to see if you neighborhood will show up on your new device?? Just a thought.

No kooky i didn't lose the neighborhood when i switched devices. They took it away awhile ago when i was still on my old phone. It has nothing to do with transferring. When they took it away before it was because i had a "low end device" (htc desire). Now i have a high end device and there's still no neighborhood.

pinkster73
07-10-12, 12:09 PM
Is this a bug? They can't honestly say i still have a low end device. That's ridiculous. (As Judge Judy would say). I just want to know if they're putting back the neighborhood or should i uninstall?

greygull
07-10-12, 12:20 PM
Is this a bug? They can't honestly say i still have a low end device. That's ridiculous. (As Judge Judy would say). I just want to know if they're putting back the neighborhood or should i uninstall?

I'll flag over right now :)

bobbyrae
07-10-12, 12:34 PM

Well...some of us would say that the superior device would be an ipad or other ios device. :p
But I would never dream of saying that...even though nmishii is on vacation :)

pinkster73
07-10-12, 12:40 PM
Well...some of us would say that the superior device would be an ipad or other ios device. :p
But I would never dream of saying that...even though nmishii is on vacation :)

I'll be sure to tell her you didn't say that :p

Tempete8
07-10-12, 12:56 PM
♬♬ Jeopardy music plays ♬♬

Lmao....

kooky panda
07-10-12, 01:08 PM
No kooky i didn't lose the neighborhood when i switched devices. They took it away awhile ago when i was still on my old phone. It has nothing to do with transferring. When they took it away before it was because i had a "low end device" (htc desire). Now i have a high end device and there's still no neighborhood.
I was suggesting that since you now have a new device, maybe deleting and reinstalling to see if the neighborhood will show up on your newer device.

nmishii
07-10-12, 01:10 PM
I don't have a surrounding neighborhood either, just green grass and gray tiles where my next expansion is. I never had one, so I don't know what I'm missing. Plus I don't play.

I don't know what the animals are supposed to do, but I have a Beagle family and a Shorthair Cat family. When I tap on some of the animals they move in place. They move when I collect and feed them.

I am on a Superior device. Its a Samsung Epic 4G, a Galaxy S phone. Its the same phone GM used to have. OS 2.3.6

bobbyrae
07-10-12, 01:23 PM
I am on a Superior device. Its a Samsung Epic 4G, a Galaxy S phone. Its the same phone GM used to have. OS 2.3.6

Lol. Who is this? Because I know nmishii is SUPPOSED to be on vacation....:rolleyes: ... quite possibly in Hawaii on a beach somewhere...:cool: ...

pinkster73
07-10-12, 01:23 PM
I was suggesting that since you now have a new device, maybe deleting and reinstalling to see if the neighborhood will show up on your newer device.

Ooooh i get it. I thought you were being duh but it turns out I'm duh :p

bobbyrae, you've been busted.

pinkster73
07-10-12, 01:27 PM
Kooky i uninstalled and reinstalled and still no neighborhood.

Tempete8
07-10-12, 01:42 PM
Kooky i uninstalled and reinstalled and still no neighborhood.

Color one in.lol

pinkster73
07-10-12, 01:51 PM
Color one in.lol

I could, but i think tl should provide one.

nmishii
07-10-12, 01:52 PM
Lol. Who is this? Because I know nmishii is SUPPOSED to be on vacation....:rolleyes: ... quite possibly in Hawaii on a beach somewhere...:cool: ...

I am on vacation. But unfortunately not on a beach ... live close to beaches anyway, although not as close as you. Won a free lunch and a build-your-own ice cream sundae at the hotel last night and will go out after the ice cream, which starts in 11 minutes.

Meanwhile I needed to catch up on tips/water. And the forum.

Tempete8
07-10-12, 02:18 PM
I could, but i think tl should provide one.

Lol oh ok.

ButterPanda
07-10-12, 04:10 PM
Can you find out if they are going to fix this issue? I don't have a low end device. My phone can handle a neighborhood. I have Galaxy Nexus 4.0.1. This is what mine looks like. It's ugly and it needs fixed. I used to have a neighborhood. It was taken away in an update.

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i344/pinkster73/Screenshot_2012-07-10-11-57-36.png

Unfortunately this is still not a high end device which is why it still appears this way even after the transfer. If it did show, it would slow your device down too much for the game to function properly.

pinkster73
07-10-12, 04:12 PM
Unfortunately this is still not a high end device which is why it still appears this way even after the transfer. If it did show, it would slow your device down too much for the game to function properly.

Ouch. Ok thanks for the answer.

pinkster73
07-10-12, 04:22 PM
Can someone explain to me how gregulls phone and my phone (nexus and razor), which have almost identical specs, be considered as 1 is high end and 1 is low end? They are almost identical in both hardware and software. I don't get it. This isn't a rhetorical question. I want to understand.

pinkster73
07-10-12, 05:18 PM
My kids' 4 year old ipods are higher end then a Galaxy Nexus? Wow.

lylahmae
07-10-12, 05:31 PM
I don't have a neighborhood either if it makes you feel better.

pinkster73
07-10-12, 05:50 PM
I don't have a neighborhood either if it makes you feel better.

It doesn't. So greygulls phone and my phone have the same processor, the same ram, the same software. There's only minor hardware differences. The explanation given just doesn't make sense.