PDA

View Full Version : sad feeling

pepper46
07-05-12, 05:56 PM
The last few/weeks playing my story games I've started feeling like somethings not right. It feels as if TL is almost giving up, like their hearts aren't in it anymore. I notice the updates which I look forward to with excitement have seemed so ...blah lately, the atmosphere isn't all " ***gho" like before, so many things changing, so many things turning around. Its almost as if they don't known what to do anymore to satisfy the players. I think all the arguing and complaining and bashing has taken away the sparkle for TL and I really wish it could stop and everyone could just have fun. I've been playing 2 yrs, and rarely ever post, but I read these boards every day. I've spent plenty of money on things I chose to buy, got caught in so called gem traps because my phone lagged which isn't TL's fault, had to deal with bugs and FC , etc too...but I really do feel TL tries to do their best anyway. Its a wide audience and everyone can't be pleased therefore theres so much complaints and it almost feels as if TL is ready to just throw in the towel. The android promo for example, I couldn't believe how much bickering there was over digital pixels. I wished I could have donated my prizes to some of the posters who complained, it made me that sad, reading the posts. I don't see the price increases as greedy, but just a company trying to make a living. I won't spend if I don't agree. Its that simple but I won't bash them for their decisions. Ehhh.. I dunno...I enjoy my games, and i just wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks for listening :-)

rockstar335
07-05-12, 06:05 PM
I agree. When a company works hard just to keep hearing complaints no matter what they do, its not so much fun to work hard anymore.

ariesblu
07-05-12, 06:16 PM
I think to label every comment or concern that isn't in the affirmative, or any displeaure that people have against tl as "bashing" is oversimplification and a bit patronizing. Where there is smoke there is fire, and there wouldn't be so much dissension unless there was a cause for it.

pepper46
07-05-12, 06:29 PM
I think to label every comment or concern that isn't in the affirmative, or any displeaure that people have against tl as "bashing" is oversimplification and a bit patronizing. Where there is smoke there is fire, and there wouldn't be so much dissension unless there was a cause for it.

When I mentioned bashing... I was referring to the particular posts containing bashing. I never said every post was bashing TL. Comments and concerns whether in the affirmative or not, isn't what I was referring to when I mentioned bashing and complaining. Posting to TL mentioning a concern about lost items/gems/ or commenting on a particular issue or event to TL isn't the same as the ones who post and say TL is a greedy company or they are thieves or they don't care etc etc.. that's the bashing I'm referring to. Yeah, I'm PO'd when I lose my gems, yeah I'm PO'd when I suddenly see I can't buy another slot because its 49 gems right at the time I was about to add more, yeah I'm PO'd when it takes me 6 mths to save ten million to upgrade.. but bash others for my own Choice to use the games. Not.

mposey
07-05-12, 06:34 PM
To me this is just a game that I enjoy. I dont understand why everyone gets their emotions so worked up over an app game. This usnt WoW (world of warcraft) Lol There's always been gem traps and "unfairness" ios/andriod since the day you (a player) hit install. The players keep blaming teamlava for this and that. Why not just play the game you (the player) decided to install and be thankful teamlava made such a game. :) to me this is just a game. I enjoy the decore, I enjoy the boxes, I enjoying visiting others bakerys too see their unique set up. It's fun and different from any other bakery app games.

This wasn't in no way towards you pepper46 I promise. I was just posting how I felt too. :)
But I know how you feel. It seems like every time I post something on these boards I feel like I'm getting lashed at with negitive "opinons". Makes me feel like not even posting that knew item from the update or even saying. "I'm on iOS" :(
And if I buy gems I'm making it worse for us I've read too in a thread, But I'm only supporting the game we play.

misteedance
07-05-12, 06:39 PM
The last few/weeks playing my story games I've started feeling like somethings not right. It feels as if TL is almost giving up, like their hearts aren't in it anymore. I notice the updates which I look forward to with excitement have seemed so ...blah lately, the atmosphere isn't all " ***gho" like before, so many things changing, so many things turning around. Its almost as if they don't known what to do anymore to satisfy the players. I think all the arguing and complaining and bashing has taken away the sparkle for TL and I really wish it could stop and everyone could just have fun. I've been playing 2 yrs, and rarely ever post, but I read these boards every day. I've spent plenty of money on things I chose to buy, got caught in so called gem traps because my phone lagged which isn't TL's fault, had to deal with bugs and FC , etc too...but I really do feel TL tries to do their best anyway. Its a wide audience and everyone can't be pleased therefore theres so much complaints and it almost feels as if TL is ready to just throw in the towel. The android promo for example, I couldn't believe how much bickering there was over digital pixels. I wished I could have donated my prizes to some of the posters who complained, it made me that sad, reading the posts. I don't see the price increases as greedy, but just a company trying to make a living. I won't spend if I don't agree. Its that simple but I won't bash them for their decisions. Ehhh.. I dunno...I enjoy my games, and i just wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks for listening :-)

I love what u posted I couldnt agree more. I have only been playing since October and I also read the posts when I first started playing and reading the forums were calmer then they are now I also feel bad a lot of the time for TL. I know there is things that happen that not everyone is going to like but you can't please everyone it is impossible.

retro71
07-05-12, 06:42 PM
In fairness, I have complained about being had over gem issues, it's true.

This company has a right to make money, after all they are providing a continuing maintenance of servers & IT equipment, as well as continuing designs etc..

Ideally, I would like to see TL flourish for the great gaming concept, they deserve a living just like any other company & it's employees. So I guess my question, why not fix these scammy things, when ppl are fully willing to pay for legitimate money purchases? TL, you provide a service worthy to a lot of people, who are willing to pay from time to time, why the traps?

I love these games & play very conservatively until a couple of issues pass, but all in all it's a great game/concept.

lylahmae
07-05-12, 07:24 PM
I would just like to point out that if the bashers didn't care they wouldn't say anything.

A metaphor:

I cut steaks at the grocery store which is selling a product to a customer much like TL sells these games. If come in week 1 and ask for ribeyes and I cut t-bones they may buy a t-bone and be let down. If they come in week 2 asking for ribeyes and I cut strips they will be irritated but still might buy a strip steak. If they come in week 3 and ask for ribeyes and I cut top sirloin they are going to be angry and they will let me know. If I shrug off their anger and act like it is not my fault, if I tried to blame the customer for wanting something I would not have a job. Is it always easy to cater to your customers, no, many of them are just jerks. But they are your paycheck. I am not saying they don't work hard, I know they do. I am saying that they do not listen. I am saying the customer service is sub -par. TL allows the anger to escalate. If I went to work and had customers yelling at me about the same thing every day..... I would listen.

eric_malmquist
07-05-12, 09:22 PM
If I went to work and had customers yelling at me about the same thing every day..... I would listen.

I totally agree. Most of our problems such as gem traps and stuff have been going on since day one. We've voiced our opinion multiple times and Teamlava still doesn't listen. People have voiced their opinion about unfair advantage between ios, android, and kindle. Still, nothing has been done. I would think a company who relies solely on their customers for their paycheck would want to please their customers.

I would never quit the game, I love it too much. But there certainly isn't anything wrong with voicing your opinion. If it's done in a friendly manner, that is.

ariesblu
07-05-12, 11:30 PM
When I mentioned bashing... I was referring to the particular posts containing bashing. I never said every post was bashing TL. Comments and concerns whether in the affirmative or not, isn't what I was referring to when I mentioned bashing and complaining. Posting to TL mentioning a concern about lost items/gems/ or commenting on a particular issue or event to TL isn't the same as the ones who post and say TL is a greedy company or they are thieves or they don't care etc etc.. that's the bashing I'm referring to. Yeah, I'm PO'd when I lose my gems, yeah I'm PO'd when I suddenly see I can't buy another slot because its 49 gems right at the time I was about to add more, yeah I'm PO'd when it takes me 6 mths to save ten million to upgrade.. but bash others for my own Choice to use the games. Not.

It's kind of you to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if you feel that the weekly content for the past however weeks/months has been lacking, than it is the fault of the company and not because of "all the arguing and complaining and bashing" that you believe has taken place.

There's being appreciative of the companys work, but that doesn't have to translate in untruths. If no one is "***gho" like previously than there is a reason. For every cause there is an effect. For example, the Fourth of July holiday just passed in the United States, and more than a few weeks ago player mods opened threads for suggestions on decor/feature content related to the holiday, and than opened more threads for polls for the entire community to vote on. None of those suggestions were present in this week's update or last weeks. Earlier last week there was also concern of the timing of the holiday update if it were released the week of the holiday (i.e. Thursday - the day after). There were no Fourth of July-inspired updates this week or last. So everyone who suggested items, or voted in polls wasted their time. Is this something people need to be "***gho" with teamlava about?

I believe there's credence for a majority of the issues that have been presented on the forum by community members, and I doubt the lack of 'umph' in weekly content is the fault of anyone sharing their opinions. That would be highly irresponsible of a wealthy company that proclaims consumer input to be integral in the grand scheme of things.

sunstorm01
07-05-12, 11:46 PM
It's kind of you to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if you feel that the weekly content for the past however weeks/months has been lacking, than it is the fault of the company and not because of "all the arguing and complaining and bashing" that you believe has taken place.

There's being appreciative of the companys work, but that doesn't have to translate in untruths. If no one is "***gho" like previously than there is a reason. For every cause there is an effect. For example, the Fourth of July holiday just passed in the United States, and more than a few weeks ago player mods opened threads for suggestions on decor/feature content related to the holiday, and than opened more threads for polls for the entire community to vote on. None of those suggestions were present in this week's update or last weeks. Earlier last week there was also concern of the timing of the holiday update if it were released the week of the holiday (i.e. Thursday - the day after). There were no Fourth of July-inspired updates this week or last. So everyone who suggested items, or voted in polls wasted their time. Is this something people need to be "***gho" with teamlava about?

I believe there's credence for a majority of the issues that have been presented on the forum by community members, and I doubt the lack of 'umph' in weekly content is the fault of anyone sharing their opinions. That would be highly irresponsible of a wealthy company that proclaims consumer input to be integral in the grand scheme of things.
Yup I second that. And in fact their sparkle and enthusiasm is there more so today than ever. Their new bubble mania game is as we speak number 18 on the top charts- their company is growing, and profiting at light speed. I'm sure there's more enthusiasm within the company today more than yesterday and so on- and this is what they're doing about dissatisfied customers- they're ignoring them. And for trying their best... Maybe they are.. And THAT is sad.

phoebesmom
07-06-12, 01:43 AM

Such wisedom! Where there is smoke....... Well, it seems there is smoke all over the place on the TL website. I see repeated complaints about people losing gems because of pop-up windows, yet nobody does anything about it. For a second I was thinking there was actually somebody working for TL who had some sensibilities... But then I realized you must not be staff!! How sad! I wish TL had someone like you, as they might then fix some of the problems rather than ignore complaints, or, worse yet, remove comments.

trace35
07-06-12, 01:51 AM
I know people are complaining about things more often, and it's a vicious cycle. The added gem traps such as tap to manage in farm, plus the absolute refusal( in the way of no acknowledgment whatsoever) to add a confirmation to the spenditure of gems has set the ball rolling. These two things alone, have ignited an absolute explosion of bad feeling towards TL.
Not only do they not implement these suggestions, but they dont even acknowledge the hundreds, if not thousands of posts on these issues.
It makes their customers feel like they don't care one little bit.
The response 'I will pass this on to the devs' etc, has come to mean less than nothing to anyone who has been posting on the forum for at least a couple of months.
Yes, they are running a business, and at the end of the day are here to make money, but anyone running a busness knows that the way to revive things is to at least PRETEND to care.
Start bringing out great updates, not boring ones with 3 or4 new items.
Their attitude is terrible, and if I treated ny customers this way I would be out of business in a few months.
Not only that but the consumers guarantee act in my country would not allow it by law!
Please, please, think about this TL, and let's get back on the right track again!

bakerbarbie12
07-06-12, 07:21 AM
Thank you, I for one agree with you and have tried to say the same thing but I think you said it better. Yes, there are legitimate concerns - losing money is never cool. Of course. No one is saying there aren't legit complaints, at all!! But it does get excessive, to me. And apparently to you for starting this thread, and some others.

I wonder if reading the posts is influencing those sad feelings. Not the game, the posts. Is it that the updates seem to lack that ***g-ho feeling, or is reading that so many others hate everything put that sense in your head? Not that you're imagining things, that's not what i mean, but that if you didn't read the complaints, would you have noticed any difference? I just say it because that's how I feel.

Obviously the answer is "then dont read the forums" but people shouldnt have to resort to that. There are good things and ideas in the forum that I enjoy. The "bakery story in movies" quotes thread was hilarious and I enjoyed that. So we need to take the good with the bad. And, no one, including you, is saying "Don't complain at all" or "don't ever voice that you don't like something." It's HOW it is being done.

I think you hit the nail on the head with something I had been thinking...the more people complain about taste and things that get filed under "you can't please everyone all the time," the more I worry TL will say "Ok, so let's stop working on this game if all we get is grief." I like the updates, I dont have to like them all, but I am appreciative that they come.

I know if i gave someone something every week and they just constantly griped about it, it would not take long before i did not bother giving them anything.

It's a fine line...Yes, there are things that need to be addressed and no one is asking anyone to just shut up and accept whatever happens. I think people tend to be one extreme or the other, whereas a little balance is usually ideal. It doesn't mean only write about how much you love everything, that is NOT the point and taking it from one extreme to the other does not help whatsoever. Threads like this should not lead to more bickering and people getting defensive, that is NOT what it's about. (I say that cause the thread I started about complaining went in that direction).

But again, you've stated your opinion and not everyone likes it. But instead of them moving on and letting you have your say, some want to contradict you. Or get defensive. It should not get personal or anything like that, not every single thought needs to be posted either. Just seems ironic a thread intending to HELP people and diminish the negativity only attracts more negativity.

Personally, I don't know TL's financial situation. I DO think 49 gems to open new slots is A LOT and the gem traps are suspicious at the very least, but I have chosen to continue playing, so obviously I "accept" it. I do not know if they are greedy money hungry jerks who laugh whenever someone loses money, or if they struggle to make payroll like so many other companies. I just dont know. But I won't assume one or the other, either.

Again, not trying to attack anyone, trying to keep as positive as possible and not sweat the small stuff. Trying to keep the game a game, enjoyable. I dont always know how to say things the best, thank you for also trying to keep things fun. But let's keep in mind, fellow players are not the enemy, in fact, there is NO enemy!

coolgamegirl27
07-06-12, 08:37 AM
I always thought the forum was a place to voice your feelings regardless of them being positive or negative. I have done both. I think that TL have come under fire alot recently because of their underhand ways of making money. Yes everyone needs to make a living, but not at the expence of the product they are selling. The two biggest problems seem to be 'gem traps' and IOS 'v' all other OS. If TL were to make everyone equal, eg. All users to have goals or none at all, there would be less 'bashing'. I for one would be more likely to buy gems if there wasnt the risk of losing them or if items were more reasonably priced. TL need to listen to their customers, there are plenty of threads suggesting new items/themes, we are telling them what we want but they dont seems to listen. They will NEVER make everyone happy, but if they took the time to find out how the majority feel and take it from there it would be a start. Bulid on the positives and take the negatives as constructive criticism.

trace35
07-06-12, 01:16 PM
Bakerbarbie, yes I have contradicted the original post. This is a forum and I disagree with some of what was said. That is the point of starting a thread, to give others a chance to voice their opinions on that topic.

bakerbarbie12
07-06-12, 06:44 PM
I think everyone understands the forum is for expressing opinions.....that's not the point whatsoever. Yes, everyone is entitled to express themselves.....including pepper46 and myself. But that's not what it seems like.

The forum is for ALL opinions and if some feel the negativity gets suffocating and a downer, we are entitled. That is NOT the same as saying "no complaining allowed" but that seems to be what many people think. I don't know why.

There should be a place for all opinions, but those asking for some civility are the ones being asked to stifle their views. Ironic. There is absolutely room for complaining and bashing and whatever....but the point is that place has become the ENTIRE forum, so those who prefer to play nice have no where to go. That's all. I have never asked people NOT to express themselves. But I do prefer to not be overwhelmed by negativity, which is my right. My opinion is not wrong, it's my opinion. No ones opinion is wrong. But the only ones being bashed here are the ones trying to limit the bashing. So in defending your right to your opinion, please keep in mind it is a two way street.

We players know what the problems are. I don't need to be reminded nonstop. Maybe if the energy used in arguing amongst ourselves was refocused into addressing things properly, we would have more power. "bashing" will get no where fast. Organize something to make it harder to ignore as opposed to alienating people who otherwise feel the same way. I don't know, but i really think the point of this has been completely missed.

sunstorm01
07-06-12, 07:42 PM
Im not really sure where you're going with this- I don't think anyone's " bashing" you for your opinion- its just that some opinions differ from yours. There is a lot of controversy and complaining on the forum.. But it's also filled with a lot of love, support and happiness. I try and look on the positive side of things- so I guess I'm just a glass is half full, rather than a glass half empty. I think if you concentrated more on seeing the wonderful positive support a lot of players share, the humor, the congratulations, the love and the laughter, you might actually see that it's not really as ugly as you seem to see it. Like the people above aren't " bashing" anyone- it's just that they think differently, that does not equate to a " bashing" in my eyes. I think you and pepper had some valid points. Everyone's different, and so are opinions. And you're right no one is right an no one is wrong- contradicting a post is in no way being negative towards that person. No ones asking anyone to stifle their views. I really hope that you know that, don't take any of it personally- they're not having a go at you. And next time you read the forum, look for positives- because it's filled to the brim, if you don't like negativity, which I totally understand, don't go to the bugs posts, or any post that looks like there's complaining in it, you'll soon find lots that are a great read, lighthearted and quite entertaining.

trace35
07-06-12, 07:43 PM
I never asked you to stifle your views. As you said, you are entitled to that view. I have a different view, which I expressed above. It goes both ways. You sound upset that I don't agree with you. Please don't be. I understand whe you are coming from and how depressing it can be hearing people complain non stop.
I would never 'bash your opinion' please don't bash mine. Thank you.

trace35
07-06-12, 07:44 PM
Lol rainy! We both posted at the same time!

sunstorm01
07-06-12, 07:46 PM
Lol great minds and all. Lmao ( omg was that too negative? I'm not sure anymore. )

trace35
07-06-12, 07:48 PM
Saying your not sure is too negative. Is saying your negative, negative?

pinkster73
07-06-12, 07:50 PM
You can always go look at my new cow shoes in the shoe thread, or Realfarmer's fruit stand in the farming with realfarmer thread. Both good stuff.

trace35
07-06-12, 07:55 PM
You can always go look at my new cow shoes in the shoe thread, or Realfarmer's fruit stand in the farming with realfarmer thread. Both good stuff.

And no doubt hilarious if you've got anything to do with it!

pinkster73
07-06-12, 08:05 PM
Post 606 of this thread: happy stuff

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?26020-Real-Farming-with.....RealFarmer/page61

sunstorm01
07-06-12, 08:45 PM
Lol those kankles would make anyone laugh. * note I'm not being COMPLETELY serious, cause we all know pinksters ankles are sexy and this information was provided for glass half empty people who may see it as " bashing"*

Also note- that my being sarcastic was not meant to hurt anyone and no animals were harmed in the making of this post, though I did give the zebra luggage a little kick, BUT it thought it as funny, so.... All good.

trace35
07-06-12, 10:14 PM
Too funny. None of pinksters cute spuds were harmed in the making of this post! I'm gonna hurry back to the positive posts now to have another laugh at Pinksters happy corn 

pinkster73
07-06-12, 10:40 PM
See? New cow runners and realfarmer's happy veggies fix everything! The glass is not always half empty. There's lots of positive areas of the forum. Just go there instead of the "bashing" areas. Easy peasy.

gettinbaked12
07-07-12, 07:58 PM
I did not ever know bakers were so mean.