PDA

View Full Version : Farm version not supported????

DoubleZ
06-03-12, 10:49 AM
I keep getting a popup that says my version if FS is no longer supported, and it takes me to the app store where no updates await. I have the most recent version, as you can see from my signature. Please fix this. It generally happens when I'm watering others and interrupts game play each time it happens.

queentina3
06-03-12, 01:57 PM
DoubleZ, I think that happened to someone else not too long ago. I can't recall if we got an update soon after that or not, but I recall them being told to uninstall/reinstall and then turn off/on their device. I lost the thread so I don't know if they ever replied stating that worked or not, but you could give it a try. I know it was around the time we got this awful update, I just can't recall if it was BEFORE it or AFTER it. Too much anger clouding my senses to recall that time period easily. LOL!!!

kooky panda
06-03-12, 02:50 PM
Try deleting and redownloading. If still problems,

send an email to support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

nmishii
06-03-12, 03:32 PM
I've gotten that popup 3-4 times since last Fall, and it took me to the iTunes website. And I'm on an Android. :D

Chocolit
06-03-12, 06:19 PM
This problem seems to start on Saturday (probably after Friday's, 1 Jun maintenance).

I got that pop out message on Saturday (2 Jun) too. Could not open the farm and there's nothing in Apps Store to download (ie the INSTALL tab is not lighted). Switched off device and after several attempts to open farm, it finally did and could continue.

Same thing happened to my neighbour (level 99). Could not open her farm for two full days (Sat & Sun- 2 & 3 Jun). She tried deleting farm / download from Apps Store but they were futile attempts. Told her to do what I did. Switch off device - wait a while. Switch on device, then try opening farm. It worked when she did that this morning (Mon, 4 Jun) when she tried to open the farm.

Farms on IOS 5.1.1 v 2.0.1- iPad1 & iPHone 4

mattyboo1
06-03-12, 06:21 PM
I got it once but then it went away

DoubleZ
06-03-12, 06:30 PM
I've gotten that popup 3-4 times since last Fall, and it took me to the iTunes website. And I'm on an Android. :D

Okay, that's funny! Lol!

DoubleZ
06-03-12, 06:32 PM
This problem seems to start on Saturday (probably after Friday's, 1 Jun maintenance).

I got that pop out message on Saturday (2 Jun) too. Could not open the farm and there's nothing in Apps Store to download (ie the INSTALL tab is not lighted). Switched off device and after several attempts to open farm, it finally did and could continue.

Same thing happened to my neighbour (level 99). Could not open her farm for two full days (Sat & Sun- 2 & 3 Jun). She tried deleting farm / download from Apps Store but they were futile attempts. Told her to do what I did. Switch off device - wait a while. Switch on device, then try opening farm. It worked when she did that this morning (Mon, 4 Jun) when she tried to open the farm.

Farms on IOS 5.1.1 v 2.0.1- iPad1 & iPHone 4

Wow, well thankfully, I can just tap through it, but it is a major annoyance. Will uninstall/restart/reinstall.

DoubleZ
06-04-12, 05:08 PM
Try deleting and redownloading. If still problems,

send an email to support@teamlava.com to have them look into your game.

Did the suggested steps yesterday...got the message again today. Will email support, though, have had zero luck with them in the past.

kooky panda
06-04-12, 05:24 PM
Do you have any of the old holiday version still loaded on your iphone? Maybe these hold version are trigging this pop up?

I have sent this over to the CMs.

DaojinWildfire
06-05-12, 11:45 AM
This is currently a known issue and we're working on fixing it. You can ignore the pop-up if you are running the latest versions, which are ...

- 2.0.1 for iOS (App Store)
- 1.4.5.03 for Android (Google Play)
- 1.4.4 for Kindle Fire (Amazon Appstore)

Thanks!

dimnd97
06-09-12, 08:14 PM
This is currently a known issue and we're working on fixing it. You can ignore the pop-up if you are running the latest versions, which are ...

Thanks!

I have 2.0.1 for iOS and get this message every day and have gotten it as many as four times in one day! I cannot just tap through it. I could when I first started getting it shortly after downloading the latest update, but now it just keeps coming back until I reboot my device, which is an iPod. This is very frustrating!!!

gitten
07-02-12, 06:22 PM
So are we supposed to delete all the holiday versions of the stories? I am having the problem on Farm Story and can't get on - just keep getting the pop up and I have done force close, delete and reinstall. Have latest phone and game versions. This started July 1st and still going on end of day July 2nd.
Had this problem before - can't remember how corrected. Never occurred on any other of my 5 stories.
Will we ever use the holiday versions or will they put out new ones for coming holidays?

PixelGhost
07-02-12, 06:26 PM
Hi DoubleZ. I'm having the same problem and it is wearing thin. I get a pop up screen that says one of two things. It seems to change back and forth. One time it says "Farm Story is an Online Game and you need an Internet connection" and I do have an Internet connection but it lost it for some reason. The other pop up screen is "Your version of FS is not support please download the new one where your farm will be waiting for you" but when I go to the download page I get the same thing you get. It says "installed" already. It is happening all the time to me today. I can't even play because of these two errors.

gitten
07-03-12, 05:10 PM
Again, does anyone know if deleting old versions will prevent this? Am still unable to get on my farm story. Before I delete I want to make sure I won't need them again. Thank you.

mattyboo1
07-03-12, 05:54 PM
I get this sometimes I just force It and it's fixed

DoubleZ
07-04-12, 10:28 AM
I've had to hard close this app 4 times this morning!! UGH!! I keep getting that "this version of Farm Story is no longer supported" pop at random points. There is no consistency on when it comes up. I get a "must be connected to the internet" error (and my connection is fine), then the "no longer supported" error. If I click OK, it takes me to the app store, which, of course, offers no new updates.

PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

DoubleZ
07-04-12, 10:30 AM
I get this sometimes I just force It and it's fixed

It's happening today about every 15 mins. Have to force close every time. VERY frustrating!!!

DoubleZ
07-04-12, 12:38 PM

Thanks!

It requires a force close to clear out.

kooky panda
07-04-12, 12:56 PM
I got this message one time. Have you deleted all the holiday versions from your device?

gitten
07-04-12, 05:21 PM
Is anyone online that can tell me YES or NO delete the older versions of farm, fashion, city ,restaurant and bakery stories? Thank you

kooky panda
07-04-12, 06:33 PM
Is anyone online that can tell me YES or NO delete the older versions of farm, fashion, city ,restaurant and bakery stories? Thank you

Yes delete the older versions of all the games from your device.

DoubleZ
07-05-12, 01:36 AM
I got this message one time. Have you deleted all the holiday versions from your device?

The only Story game I have on my device is the one you see in my signature. I deleted any other versions long ago. It has nothing to do with what games or versions thereof you may or may not have loaded. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when it happens. It's happened while I was watering others, leaving a note, planting and harvesting. It was so bad and frequent this morning, I just set my device down and walked away. Seriously, it was happening every 5 mins or so, and I know this because it takes me 10 mins to smoke a cigarette! Had to hard close every single time.

DoubleZ
07-05-12, 01:40 AM
So....is this going to be fixed? My original thread was posted a month ago, and it's happening with greater frequency.