PDA

View Full Version : Decreased Profit Sales....Really Bad!

lin77
07-04-12, 07:25 AM
I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice the horrible profit loss in BS. I remember I used to make close to 100,000 overnight and now I'm only averaging 67,000. This is terrible! I have read TL changed something to decrease the profit but what did they do? And is there a way to get it back up there again? I mastered all the high profit recipes so I really don't want to cook those since I wont get any gems from them.

I have my register right by the door and about 20 tables/chairs near the door too...maybe changing my layout? Any ideas? Thx! :(

lin77
07-04-12, 07:28 AM
Here is my layout......

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/bakery_story-2012-07-04-09-26-32.png

kooky panda
07-04-12, 08:11 AM
Even though you have 20 tables close to the door, it does not mean that some customers will not go to the other tables. Watch and see if they are sitting at the tables far away from the door. If so this takes them longer to walk, sit and pay.
Only have table and chair combos close to the door.

lin77
07-04-12, 10:15 AM
Curious how much are players making overnight? Those who are doing mostly $4 per plate recipes.......LMK!

eric_malmquist
07-04-12, 10:31 AM
I'm making about 67,000 also, and that's within about a 9 hour period. And my layout is even smaller than yours.

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 10:37 AM
I make 158,422- per 24 hrs this is about the maximum profit. Go have a look at fecs design, or just go to my place- I have it set up in my bakery as well ( which I'm not playing at the moment) but my restaurant was going down hill- I was sick of losing money, cause I have a few appliances, I wasn't making enough profit to even stay afloat after putting my food back on. I'm now way ahead with money- I've had th design for ages though. But honestly- give it a go. It saved my place.

lin77
07-04-12, 10:42 AM
I make 158,422- per 24 hrs this is about the maximum profit. Go have a look at fecs design, or just go to my place- I have it set up in my bakery as well ( which I'm not playing at the moment) but my restaurant was going down hill- I was sick of losing money, cause I have a few appliances, I wasn't making enough profit to even stay afloat after putting my food back on. I'm now way ahead with money- I've had th design for ages though. But honestly- give it a go. It saved my place.

I tried fecs design in Restaurant and did not notice that big of a difference....but haven't tried it yet in bakery...I heard other's say it didn't work for them.

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 10:57 AM
I tried fecs design in Restaurant and did not notice that big of a difference....but haven't tried it yet in bakery...I heard other's say it didn't work for them.

I've never heard anyone say it's never worked- unless they were already making maximum profit it's highly unlikely that this, maticulously calculated by someone highly intellectual, did not make a difference.

lin77
07-04-12, 12:24 PM
I've never heard anyone say it's never worked- unless they were already making maximum profit it's highly unlikely that this, maticulously calculated by someone highly intellectual, did not make a difference.

He was basing it on a 24 hr profit....I'm talking overnight.......Yeah, I could sit there and right down all my totals in a 24 hr period but what you make overnight is a good indication if u are losing or gaining money...and his layout did not make that big a difference overnight for me when I tried it in restaurant. I wasn't impressed. Plus I like to decorate my places not just design it like its one big feeding trough...and his design isn't pretty...its one big feeding trough....Lol......I'm going to play around with my layout and see if I can get more tables/chairs closer to the door and use counters to block part of my bakery so customers cant go too far.

But I think TL really changed the profit amounts.....

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry it's not working for you- it's a shame, though I just read about " groovyruss" he makes ( so he said) over a million in one day- so it might be worth your while to explore that avenue. And in regards to the " feeding trough" lol, go have a looksy at mine, it's decorated to the nines- I see what you're saying about fecs- but he never really cared much for pretty designs- but I do. That's another thing I really liked about his table and chair design- the fact that I only have to have a small part of my restaurant allocated to making money and serving customers means the rest of the area can be used solely for pretty designs and you don't have to worry about moving this and moving that to allow customers to get to the tables. I've asked groovyruss to explain how his works, because if it's true, I'll be shifting my design to that.

bobbyrae
07-04-12, 12:46 PM
You'll only really make more money if you ditch the $4 items and only serve up the higher priced items in your restaurant. Or at the very least you can have more counters with higher priced foods and less counters with the lower priced food.

lin77
07-04-12, 12:48 PM
I'm sorry it's not working for you- it's a shame, though I just read about " groovyruss" he makes ( so he said) over a million in one day- so it might be worth your while to explore that avenue. And in regards to the " feeding trough" lol, go have a looksy at mine, it's decorated to the nines- I see what you're saying about fecs- but he never really cared much for pretty designs- but I do. That's another thing I really liked about his table and chair design- the fact that I only have to have a small part of my restaurant allocated to making money and serving customers means the rest of the area can be used solely for pretty designs and you don't have to worry about moving this and moving that to allow customers to get to the tables. I've asked groovyruss to explain how his works, because if it's true, I'll be shifting my design to that.

Ok...thx. I will take look. Here is my changed layout...I hope I see a difference overnight. No customers can get to the bottom half of my bakery. :)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/bakery_story-2012-07-04-02-45-20.png

lin77
07-04-12, 12:56 PM
You'll only really make more money if you ditch the $4 items and only serve up the higher priced items in your restaurant. Or at the very least you can have more counters with higher priced foods and less counters with the lower priced food.

Yes I'm afraid of this...so I'm gonna try my redesign option first and if that doesn't make an increase then I'll have to rethink the recipes... thx!

ritz131
07-04-12, 02:26 PM
Can someone please post the thread to groovyruss's design. I would like to try it too.

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 02:30 PM
Lin- I use the other design. Is this the design you used last time? Cause the other one I find, works better.

lin77
07-04-12, 03:22 PM
Lin- I use the other design. Is this the design you used last time? Cause the other one I find, works better.

No I used fecs design in restaurant...this one I'm just gonna try to see what my overnight profit is.

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 03:35 PM
I'm just saying I use fecs other design and it works better. But I wish you luck on this one- I'll be interested to see the results. You aren't losing any profit are you, only asking because this was happening to me a few months ago- for a few months-

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 03:37 PM

There seems to be no difference in profit made when serving higher priced dishes.. Well in my place that's how it is.

lin77
07-04-12, 04:01 PM
I'm just saying I use fecs other design and it works better. But I wish you luck on this one- I'll be interested to see the results. You aren't losing any profit are you, only asking because this was happening to me a few months ago- for a few months-

If my current layout doesn't work I will change it to fecs and try that. And yes sometimes profit is taken away when I sign on but if I completely close out and go back in the coins are back.
I added u in bakery to see ur layout...u may decline me now. Thx for letting me peek. :)

sunstorm01
07-04-12, 04:16 PM
If my current layout doesn't work I will change it to fecs and try that. And yes sometimes profit is taken away when I sign on but if I completely close out and go back in the coins are back.
I added u in bakery to see ur layout...u may decline me now. Thx for letting me peek. :)

I'm glad you get those coins back. Yeah I will decline only because I don't really play bakery- I'm more of a restaurant gal. If you hv a restaurant you're welcome to add me there. Good luck

lin77
07-04-12, 04:38 PM
I'm glad you get those coins back. Yeah I will decline only because I don't really play bakery- I'm more of a restaurant gal. If you hv a restaurant you're welcome to add me there. Good luck

Thx! :)

lin77
07-04-12, 04:46 PM
I invited u on RS...ur place is incredible! Wow! :)

lin77
07-05-12, 09:43 AM
Ok so the night b4 I made overnight 67,144 this was with my first picture. Then with the second pic when I changed my layout for last night I made 79,996. So that's a little increase. Now I changed my layout again....closer to fecs layout.....here it is.....does this look right?

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/bakery_story-2012-07-05-11-30-39.png

lin77
07-05-12, 09:57 AM
Ok so the night b4 I made overnight 67,144 this was with my first picture. Then with the second pic when I changed my layout for last night I made 79,996. So that's a little increase. Now I changed my layout again....closer to fecs layout.....here it is.....does this look right?

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u446/lindseyv77/bakery_story-2012-07-05-11-30-39.png

Oops meant I made 74,976 overnight last night......the other number was from RS last night. Anyway also wanted to mention this was in a 10 1/2 hour period. So is that good?

bakerbarbie12
07-05-12, 10:00 AM
lin77, i just wonder if your cash register is too far from the door.....i am assuming that since everyone needs to go to the cash register first, this layout creates extra steps and some back tracking, depending on where any particular customer sits. Just a thought, i am definitely no expert!

lin77
07-05-12, 10:02 AM
lin77, i just wonder if your cash register is too far from the door.....i am assuming that since everyone needs to go to the cash register first, this layout creates extra steps and some back tracking, depending on where any particular customer sits. Just a thought, i am definitely no expert!

I have 2 doors one right by the cashier......should I remove the other door?

bakerbarbie12
07-05-12, 10:32 AM
I have 2 doors one right by the cashier......should I remove the other door?

Sorry, lol, i just noticed the 2nd door. I only saw the one not by the cash register. My guess is that as long as you just use the door by the c.r. it should be fine. but if people come in the second door, they will have further to walk to the cash register. again, sorry, i totally didn't notice the 2nd door!

Everyone seems to get different results. I tried 1 and 2 and 3 doors/cash registers, with really basic designs that wasted no steps, and it didn't seem to increase my profits compared to letting people wander all over the place. Very frustrating. Now I am using 3, with two doors set up to have seats all as close as possible. Then for the third door, people have more room. Hopefully a good mix of practicality and design.

lin77
07-05-12, 11:21 AM
Sorry, lol, i just noticed the 2nd door. I only saw the one not by the cash register. My guess is that as long as you just use the door by the c.r. it should be fine. but if people come in the second door, they will have further to walk to the cash register. again, sorry, i totally didn't notice the 2nd door!

Everyone seems to get different results. I tried 1 and 2 and 3 doors/cash registers, with really basic designs that wasted no steps, and it didn't seem to increase my profits compared to letting people wander all over the place. Very frustrating. Now I am using 3, with two doors set up to have seats all as close as possible. Then for the third door, people have more room. Hopefully a good mix of practicality and design.

Thx. I will play around w/ 1 & 2 doors. :)

bakerbarbie12
07-05-12, 11:27 AM
Thx. I will play around w/ 1 & 2 doors. :)

Good luck. I can tell you that sales have definitely gone done lately though. I foyu find something that works well, let us know!

retro71
07-05-12, 05:05 PM

Fecsuper's reverse engineering was fabulous!!!! Even if you don't like the specific design, the principles apply.

I made a really classy "trough" area to get food sold, and I keep an area that is the fun part to decorate. When I have been working on recipes that take a while, and I'm worried food will run out, I open the cool part to slow things a bit.

If you are concerned the money isn't as it was, consider the items being sold as they vary per each plate.

I used to get frusterated, so I came to the forums for help, now I come back to pass along the cool things others have helped me with. :-)

sunstorm01
07-05-12, 05:47 PM
I'm do glad you're happy with it- and yours looks great!! You did a great job. * passes on a gold medal*

lin77
07-05-12, 07:31 PM
I'm do glad you're happy with it- and yours looks great!! You did a great job. * passes on a gold medal*

I will post in the morning what my profits were overnight with fecs layout.

But if last night I made 74, 976 in a 10 1/2 hr period would that x2 be just about what I would make in a 24 hr period? Cuz 74,976 x2 is....149,952. What's the Max u can make in 24 hrs?

retro71
07-05-12, 09:28 PM
How many counters of what kind of food will affect pricing. If you have 10,000 red velvet cakes, vs brownies will affect your coins earned not your volume sold. Just more food for thought.

retro71
07-05-12, 09:55 PM
Sorry I reread an earlier question already addressing food types.

Mine, honestly are probably still a combo of low and high grade coin earners. I think I check in at no more than 8 hours of last play (am check) and my best numbers have been in the 65,000-69,000 range. Try to balance long & short term cooking to get $ and gems, as well as profits.

LOL Sheesh these posts should count as resumes! There are a lot of smart people out here! ;-)

sunstorm01
07-05-12, 10:35 PM
I make 158422 per 24 hrs in restaurant- but I'm sure when I had my bakery going it was a little bit more. No idea why but I make the same amount if I'm selling French toast vrs mushrooms. Either way I do believe this is the best profit- but in saying that if anyone else makes more.. Tell me pls.

ArtsyTartsy1
07-05-12, 10:58 PM
I make 158422 per 24 hrs in restaurant- but I'm sure when I had my bakery going it was a little bit more. No idea why but I make the same amount if I'm selling French toast vrs mushrooms. Either way I do believe this is the best profit- but in saying that if anyone else makes more.. Tell me pls.

I will post in the morning what my profits were overnight with fecs layout.

But if last night I made 74, 976 in a 10 1/2 hr period would that x2 be just about what I would make in a 24 hr period? Cuz 74,976 x2 is....149,952. What's the Max u can make in 24 hrs?

Search for T-Design and you will find more examples of increased profits with an effective layout and better food choices. Sehana posted a great chart in excel to help with food choices. Make sure you choose foods that earn 4 coins per serving in order to see the greatest consistent profit.

Quoted from fecsuper post - The Most Efficient RS Design, I could MATH.

YES!!!, with only 19 seats, you EARN the MAXIMUM of 45,000 plates a day
Now with +4 plates in RS, you can earn a maximum of $180,000 dairy.

This small design, will suffice to earn all the possible MONEY, consume the maximum PLATES, and RUN FASTER on your RS. 100% satisfaction Guarantee!

http://www.cuanalo.com/federico/optimazedrs.png

sunstorm01
07-05-12, 11:02 PM
Thanks artsy- but that's the one we are using. But.. If you find anything better let me know- some guy the other day said he makes 1 million a day. But I find that one hard to swallow- I did however go and check out his design and he had 6 doors and a very small area for tables and chairs just inside each one- so I guess...it's possible.

ArtsyTartsy1
07-05-12, 11:08 PM
Thanks artsy- but that's the one we are using. But.. If you find anything better let me know- some guy the other day said he makes 1 million a day. But I find that one hard to swallow- I did however go and check out his design and he had 6 doors and a very small area for tables and chairs just inside each one- so I guess...it's possible.

I want to see the groovyruss design. Where can I see it and learn more?

sunstorm01
07-05-12, 11:25 PM
I Just popped over to his place in bakery and asked him if he would come on here and explain it in further detail- I don know what part of the world he's in so he could be asleep. Anyway I've put the offer on the table. I can't, For the life of me remember which thread he was talking in, do you know?

GroovyRuss
07-06-12, 06:46 AM

gross profit is just over a million. lol you need to subtract the cost of ingredients. I also only gross that much with red velvet cake.
I rarely cook red velvet cake because although the gross profit is huge the net profit is low because of 2 factors. The cost of ingredients
is high and the time to bake is high. I can make more profit with other recipes faster since i only have 48 ovens. One of my nbrs
has 100 ovens HE/SHE can crank out red velvet cake fast enough to eliminate the time factor. :D

For me currently ginger bread cookies is the best money maker.

lin77
07-06-12, 06:55 AM
Ok...my results with fecs layout is......this is in a 10 1/2 hr period overnight.....

BS -78,728 (ALL $4 PER PLATE RECIPES)

RS- 77,760 (ALL $4 PER PLATE RECIPES)

So is this good for 10 1/2 hrs?

GroovyRuss
07-06-12, 07:19 AM
There seems to be no difference in profit made when serving higher priced dishes.. Well in my place that's how it is.

because most of the time the lower priced items make net profit faster. Go to following link note the profit per hour.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0AirojqZymHCpdHpUX0p2QTdBbVlPS29rSHBlV2N4MlE&hl=en_US&gid=7

What you need to do first off is figure out how many plates you are serving in 24 hours.
Then bake whatever recipe that you can match that with max net profit using the above link.
How many ovens you have and your play style is a huge part of it. if you only have 18
ovens then red velvet cake is NOT for you. If you can check into the game 4 or 5 times
a day then you have way more options than if you can only check in twice a day.

Basically find the highest profit per hour recipe that you can crank out that will
match the number of plates served a day. You will never make too much food
and waste money on ingredients (and the time to bake ) sitting on your counters.

if you find you have more and more food piling up on your counters you are
baking the wrong recipes.

GroovyRuss
07-06-12, 07:44 AM
Search for T-Design and you will find more examples of increased profits with an effective layout and better food choices. Sehana posted a great chart in excel to help with food choices. Make sure you choose foods that earn 4 coins per serving in order to see the greatest consistent profit.

Quoted from fecsuper post - The Most Efficient RS Design, I could MATH.

YES!!!, with only 19 seats, you EARN the MAXIMUM of 45,000 plates a day
Now with +4 plates in RS, you can earn a maximum of $180,000 dairy.

This small design, will suffice to earn all the possible MONEY, consume the maximum PLATES, and RUN FASTER on your RS. 100% satisfaction Guarantee!

http://www.cuanalo.com/federico/optimazedrs.png

Look at the walking distance. at least HALF of the customers are walking
more than 3 squares. not good lol

About 30% are walking 6 squares. very not good

by adding just 1 door you cut the distance for everyone in half
(and a slight rearrangement of course)

the above design the average walking distance with just ***19*** seats is 3
the average walking distance in my current setup with ***30*** seats is 1.25

if i add 4 more doors to mine then i can get it to 0.75 ( odds are i will do this)

I would need 30 doors to get it to 0 ( this ain't happening lol )

lin77
07-06-12, 12:29 PM

if i add 4 more doors to mine then i can get it to 0.75 ( odds are i will do this)

Groovyruss.....I tried ur layout and once in awhile I get a broken heart from a peep.... I have 21 table/chairs but 3 sections....so 7 tables/chairs in each section...but I still get a broken heart once in awhile........why? U must be too then.

sunstorm01
07-06-12, 12:45 PM
Groovyruss.....I tried ur layout and once in awhile I get a broken heart from a peep.... I have 21 table/chairs but 3 sections....so 7 tables/chairs in each section...but I still get a broken heart once in awhile........why? U must be too then.

How was the profit?

sunstorm01
07-06-12, 12:47 PM

How much profit do you make in a 24 hr period with your 6 door design? Oh and Thankyou for answering my request to come and talk about your design I really appreciate it.

lin77
07-06-12, 12:49 PM
How was the profit?

My fecs layout results for last night are at the top of this page...post #41.

I changed my layout again for tonight to groovyruss's layout...don't know how that will turn out yet.