PDA

View Full Version : My theory with playing the game & getting the diamond dragon...

lollyloo123
07-04-12, 01:42 AM
...let me know what you think.

If you think about it, TL has to make sure for the Diamond Dragon to remain 'rare', it means only a few people will get them.

So does this mean TL & the game have already pre-planned into the servers/game who will get them, and those who will actually never get them? Because surely if everyone were eventually to get a diamond dragon after a year or so of playing, this defeats the object of it being a rare dragon to obtain? :confused:

In the same respect this must mean that in some cases, some of the games on people's devices will be black listed against ever having a diamond dragon?

Food for thought ;)

333paddington
07-04-12, 02:51 AM
I don't think this is correct, I think if you keep trying and trying and trying and trying, you will eventually get one.

lollyloo123
07-04-12, 03:16 AM
I don't think this is correct, I think if you keep trying and trying and trying and trying, you will eventually get one.

TL want you to think that eventually you'll get one, but surely if everyone were to think they'd eventually get one, the diamond dragon wouldnt be rare at all?

333paddington
07-04-12, 03:28 AM
Yes, but the new dragons are super rare also and I see them all over the place. Diamond is ultra rare.

PattyZhangp
07-04-12, 06:33 AM
Hmmm...well, I do think there are some dragons you just can't get, no matter how many times you try, although I think it is possible to eventually get it. I've seen people with diamonds, a lot of my nbrs. I think it's not TL who decides, but it's the luck of the draw. I'm not sure if this is how it works, but maybe it's like a certain two dragons will give a common if you breed then, and if you waited 5 seconds later you would get say, a diamond. So eventually you'll breed it at the right time and get the diamond.

LUCASYAU
07-04-12, 07:44 AM
That sounds pretty unfair does'nt it?

I mean, if you're destined to not be able to get the rarest dragon in the game from the start, might as well not play the game, right? Plus, that would cause a serious imbalance in the game. And considering TL is all for "balance between old and new players", that sounds highly unlikely.

lollyloo123
07-04-12, 12:27 PM
I dont wanna cause an argument or anything just a discussion lol!

But surely we'd never actually know if we were one of the 'chosen ones' to get one? I mean surely, not EVERY player is destined to get one?

Plus, I know that there are rare dragons every one has, but the most sought after one IS the diamond, and TL knows that. It also knows to obtain it - some would even go to the extremes of spending money to buy it. Just a thought :) obviously no one knows, but its just a theory :)

PuppyFart
07-05-12, 05:33 PM
Many online games that rely on randomness actually have predetermined percentage per host seed.. Meaning some players have higher or lower chances of getting certain specific objects. It is different from game client to client.

qwertywert12
07-06-12, 12:21 PM
I think it's possible to get all the dragons if you keep on trying over and over again. Even though it will take a LONG time, it may be worth it :) Good luck to those who are aiming to breed a diamond dragon!!! :)

peteralan
07-06-12, 03:55 PM
at the end of they day it is fixed and controlled by teamlava their support team are not doing much and just give reasons why they cannot sort out your problems. It is trail & error just have to keep gioing

mposey
07-06-12, 11:06 PM
I got what I believe is a diamond egg today. I just started playing so im not sure but I think it's one. 2 days to go. I never get lucky so if this dragon is ultra rare like i read above maybe I should go get a lotto ticket! I got my egg by breeding a lvl 6 eagle dragon with a lvl 4 island dragon

mymummy789
07-07-12, 10:12 AM
I am starting to think I have reduced my success rate by buying gold!! My daughter can't buy any and in the past few days has managed to get a diamond, mistmoth and titan with just a handful of commons inbetween. I have speeded up so many commons I have lost count and still have no diamond, mistmoth or atlantis. I think I might stop being impatient and block my in-app purchases for a while and see what happens.

lollyloo123
07-07-12, 01:38 PM
I am starting to think I have reduced my success rate by buying gold!! My daughter can't buy any and in the past few days has managed to get a diamond, mistmoth and titan with just a handful of commons inbetween. I have speeded up so many commons I have lost count and still have no diamond, mistmoth or atlantis. I think I might stop being impatient and block my in-app purchases for a while and see what happens.

Y'know what - this has been bugging me too! I mean if TL know we buy gold quite frequently to speed up things, they're obviously ***na want us to keep buying arent they?? So they wont give us the more rare dragons? Obviously if TL know they'll never get any money from certain players, to keep them playing anyway they'll let them have the rarer dragons anyway.

Haha and the discussion gets deeper :P