PDA

View Full Version : Tipping

hcooper84
07-03-12, 11:24 AM
Is there any way to tip faster? It takes me a little under 2 hours to tip neighbors in my bakery (some goes for my restaurant...so that's 4 hours) I feel bad for my neighbors in the last half of the list because sometimes I never tip them because I get tired of waiting for each neighbor to load. Just a question:)

mposey
07-03-12, 12:50 PM
There's no other way to tip faster that I know of but I know exactly how you feel I have around 200 neighbors I believe and I use to tip each one daily but it takes forever and it's honestly just not worth it. I don't really care for tips so if a neighbor doesn't tip me it's not the end of my world. I tip 3-4 star neighbors daily and the ones I know personally (my RL friends) my daughter, and also ppl I've gotten to know in BS. The 0-2 stars which i have alot of...I feel bad for not tipping but It's too much time like you said with no reward really.

sunstorm01
07-03-12, 01:14 PM
There's no faster way to tip the list. There's only strategies on tipping differently- like, only tip from your wall, delete posts as you go- alot of people tip this way. Or break your list into 2 parts, tip half the list today, the second half 2 Moro and so on. It's just finding what best works of you. I personally- tip all my neighbors ( not at the moment I'm on holidays) but tipping them all is just something I've put on my to do list every day, but I break it up, tip say 20 when I get up, then next few mins I have spare I tip a few more- an so on UNTILL it's done. Of course I start out saying " that's it I'm tipping my whole list right now" but since I get easily distracted ( oo look there's a bird) lol Its hard for me no to stop and chat.

eric_malmquist
07-03-12, 01:33 PM
The way i do it is to hit all 6 tables, and then go to your next neighbor. The tables are all tipped, and you still get the stars without having to collect them. Plus you don't have to wait for all the tables to finish receiving their tips.

ArtsyTartsy1
07-03-12, 02:56 PM
The way i do it is to hit all 6 tables, and then go to your next neighbor. The tables are all tipped, and you still get the stars without having to collect them. Plus you don't have to wait for all the tables to finish receiving their tips.

I tried this several times and often I've gone back to that neighbor, for one reason or another, and my last tip or tips did not register. I guess I'm faster than the server...lol

yuimiko
07-03-12, 09:46 PM
Personally, I do not expect tips from all neighbors every day and I cannot afford to tip every neighbor on my list daily.
I tip those sent me gift, requested materials from me, tipped me as notified in NEWS, as well those on the wall.
This is good enough for me to stay 4 stars.

yuimiko
07-03-12, 09:48 PM
BTW, I do not leave a note on my nb's wall after tipping, that will cut the time.
I still talk story with some of my closer neighbors.

retro71
07-05-12, 03:36 PM
Yeah I have spent countless hours tipping all my nbrs. The real life people(non gamers) in my house are about to hold an intervention.

I still mostly do tip almost all nbrs, First, I will tip the nbrs who need me to just pop a smiley on their wall, since the news feed only holds so many visitors. Only have a handful of these, and they are faithful fabulous nbrs so I don't mind the few extra seconds it takes.

The next round is to respond to gifts. If a gift goes thru I will tip but not likely post a msg.

Next round any 3&4 stars, for the gifts that did not go thru I pop a smiley on the wall.

Last round, 1&2 stars, I just tip & go cause they are not persnickety about nbrs who post. It should be said I have less than 40 nbrs, this strategy probably wouldn't work for those with huge neighborhoods.

Lol, I get very distracted too, so what should only take several minutes bleeds into hours! Add to that a restaurant, farm, fashion,nightclub...the intervention may be coming sooner than I realize...