PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Den no longer working

zroomar
07-02-12, 10:27 PM
1) zroomar
2) iPod touch Gen 2
3) iOS 4.2.1
4) Simply, I can no longer breed any dragons. I go to the den, press "Breed", pick any two dragons (I've tried different combinations) and then they show up in the den walking around, but a progress bar for the breeding never appears, and I'm never given an option to speed up the process, as well as the "Breed" button disappearing. When I quit the app and reload the dragons are back in their normal habitats, I try again, it fails, and the process continues. I've tried restarting my iPod as well as reinstalling the entire app, it's still not working. This happened while I was trying to breed a Fairy and had four Fruitfuls in a row, not sure if that makes a difference. I can't actually play until this is fixed. :(

Kontaro
07-03-12, 03:26 PM
I have the same thing happening, I put in a level 7 Fire Dragon and a level 5 Forest dragon, and no breed, no progress bar, and the dragons aren't returning to their habitats.

Kontaro
07-03-12, 03:36 PM
I found my problem, I think, the dragons you are breeding have to be at the same 'Evolution level' as in, both lvl 4-6, 7-9, or 10, Since mine were two different, I think it bugged out, forcing me to uninstall and reinstall the game.

mattyboo1
07-03-12, 03:58 PM
My breeding den is working fine i used 2 level 7 dragons

zroomar
07-03-12, 09:55 PM
I found my problem, I think, the dragons you are breeding have to be at the same 'Evolution level' as in, both lvl 4-6, 7-9, or 10, Since mine were two different, I think it bugged out, forcing me to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Nope, all dragons I've been trying to breed together are level 7.

Update: I was able to get an air and water dragon to breed, specifically I put them in the den, attached my iPod to the computer so it never lost its internet connection, waited... 4ish? hours with no progress bar, and then went to bed without closing the app. I've now got the egg in the nest and am trying to again breed a level 7 air and level 7 forest dragon and encountering the same problem as before, it won't start the process.

greygull
07-03-12, 10:41 PM
Have you tried a hard restart yet? Hold the home and power buttons, through the power off option, until you see the Apple symbol. I know 2nd Gens don't have the ability to close out apps the way newer model Apples do.

zroomar
07-04-12, 12:11 AM
Have you tried a hard restart yet? Hold the home and power buttons, through the power off option, until you see the Apple symbol. I know 2nd Gens don't have the ability to close out apps the way newer model Apples do.

That was one of the first things I tried. I'd remove and rebuy the breeding den but that's not possible.

Update 2: The forest and air dragons have started to breed, however once again my iPod needed to have continuous internet access attached to my computer, and I couldn't close out the app for the time it took for them to start breeding (since my last post, that's when I put them in). There's absolutely still a bug and it's made the game unplayable if I'm not at home plugged into the laptop. I believe it has something to do with Lava's servers not receiving a signal that I want to breed dragons in a timely manner, or something along those lines. I hope they see this post. :[

DaojinWildfire
07-05-12, 04:06 PM
Have you tried reinstalling the app? I tested the Breeding Den a few times and didn't encounter any issues. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues with breeding after reinstalling the app.

zroomar
07-06-12, 04:16 PM
Have you tried reinstalling the app? I tested the Breeding Den a few times and didn't encounter any issues. Please let us know if you're still experiencing issues with breeding after reinstalling the app.

I reinstalled earlier but still had the same problem afterwards, though it seems to have fully resolved itself at some point in the last 36 hours, maybe with this week's update? However I'll respond to this thread if it starts happening again, it did happen once before this extended period when I first started playing but it started working again after I'd gone to bed (12ish hours of non-functioning breeding den), so I didn't bother submitting a bug report. It was the exact same scenario, put the dragons in the den but a progress bar doesn't appear, and exiting out of the app puts them back to their habitats.

DaojinWildfire
07-06-12, 05:02 PM
It was the exact same scenario, put the dragons in the den but a progress bar doesn't appear, and exiting out of the app puts them back to their habitats.
This part sounds like a sync error. The game was not able to save since your device was not able to connect to our servers, forcing your game to revert to the last checkpoint.

zroomar
07-06-12, 09:56 PM
This part sounds like a sync error. The game was not able to save since your device was not able to connect to our servers, forcing your game to revert to the last checkpoint.

I'm not sure what's handled on the client vs what's on the server and when they sync, but I guess I should mention that breeding was the only thing affected, the evo temple, all the coin generation/collection, and all the farms were working correctly during both periods of no-breeding. If it was a sync error that caused this, then I'd assume those are all client side to an extent. Anyway, good to know what it might be, thank you.

Pippinville
06-13-18, 11:54 PM
I am having the no breeding problem, all other parts of my game are working. Every time I try to breed no timer will come up and I close and restart and breeding den is empty?? Help please

kooky panda
06-14-18, 08:52 AM
I am having the no breeding problem, all other parts of my game are working. Every time I try to breed no timer will come up and I close and restart and breeding den is empty?? Help please
Please make sure you are playing the most current version of the regular game( not a seasonal version).
If you are, try deleting and reinstalling the game to see if that fixes your issue.

If not, please contact support so an agent can check your game.
(see support link in my signature).