PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Story Poll Re: Price Changes & Game Changes

kathrynm82
07-01-12, 11:37 PM
Are you happy with Dragon Story Price Changes and Game changes?

Some changes in the last month have been

1. Nest cost have gone up from 50 gold up to 250 gold
2. Expansion cost has also increased 5 fold
3. New players have to evolve their dragons at level 3 (Previous players do not need to)

Please post your reply
#extremely happy
#happy
#unsure
#unhappy
#extremely unhappy

DragonDelirium
07-02-12, 02:58 AM

Please post your reply

#extremely unhappy !

So many wonderful people have already stopped playing because of these things and more. Nearly everyone I speak to expresses frustration.

Add to it the annoyance of accidentally spending gold or coin by misclicking a purchase... It's easy to get tricked into spending when they fail to give a confirmation window when buying stuff.

I don't even know how people save up for a 2nd nest now.

DragonDelirium
07-02-12, 03:01 AM
#extremely unhappy

softben09
07-02-12, 03:13 AM
How come some players say nests costs 250 gold when on my game they cost 500?

softben09
07-02-12, 03:14 AM
Extremely unhappy!!

DragonDelirium
07-02-12, 03:17 AM
How come some players say nests costs 250 gold when on my game they cost 500?

Ouch...do you only have the one nest that you started with? Or do they double in price after you've purchased extras?
That's insane lol who has 500g?

softben09
07-02-12, 03:23 AM
No I have two at the moment I got them within the first few days of playing the game when it was first launched and they only cost me 25gold each now if I want to purchase a third it's gonna cost me 500 I think team lava are taking the Micky to put it politely it's same with expansion my next one is going to cost me well over 1 million

333paddington
07-02-12, 03:24 AM
I'm fine, the new games always have adjustments made to them, just take it easy and don't rush or you will get to the finish line too soon.

kathrynm82
07-02-12, 06:59 AM
A big thankyou to everyone who has taken the time to post a message

The results so far are 1 happy
3 extremely unhappy

If you cannot enter the login process and would like to answer the question , please invite my ID kathrynm82 and go to my island wall and write your reply and I'll add them to this forum ASAP , thankyou, also there is more information on my wall if you scroll down!

# Also another game change that I Previously forgot is the apple food amounts have halved in value, with the 1 hour firapples and above

# also I too, would like to see the confirmation purchase button, especially when spending gold, as I see it , it is another gem/gold trap

kathrynm82
07-02-12, 07:11 AM
Results from my wall

11 extremely unhappy
1 happy

( these results are to be added to previous result )

Making a total of:

14 extremely unhappy
2 happy

jumperjing3
07-02-12, 07:27 AM
#extremely unhappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 1st round of increases I wasn't happy with but shrugged it off and continued to play. But when they increased expansion prices it took me over the edge! I have posted several times about it. Course no response from TL!!....just that developers are looking at it. I just wanted to be able to expand and decorate. Now even that is beyond me to do. Some people state that working to gain coins is a goal for them. My goal in dragon story is to breed and hatch eggs and grow dragons!...not to expand. Expanding was like mini game inside the game....not something that takes a week to do!!!! And I'm not buying gold to support a company that doesn't listen to their customers!!!
And all the games are outrageous!...in their pricing not just DS! People all over are unhappy and TL needs to pay attention SOON!!!!

evelyn57
07-02-12, 07:57 AM
I am extremely unhappy!!!!!

ladysting
07-02-12, 09:04 AM
I am extremely unhappy!

ankalagon
07-02-12, 11:00 AM
No I have two at the moment I got them within the first few days of playing the game when it was first launched and they only cost me 25gold each now if I want to purchase a third it's gonna cost me 500

I think currently the first nest is free (or a few coins?) second nest is 250g, third nest 500g ...

I'm "unhappy". Once they completely shut down DS (or make it so unplayable I feel like quitting) I will be "extremely unhappy".. At least now they are still doing 'something', even if it's not something anyone else but the TL staff likes... :-)

To anyone who is extremely unhappy... quitting (or playing just once a day or week) may be a good option. And I hear there is a better Dragon breeding game in the appstore.

DaojinWildfire
07-02-12, 03:34 PM
I'm fine, the new games always have adjustments made to them, just take it easy and don't rush or you will get to the finish line too soon.
333paddington has a pretty good idea of how new games work.

Dragon Story is still a young game, so there will be several adjustments and balances made to the game so we can accommodate both current and new players. Remember to take your time while playing the game. We are continuously adding new content, so there will definitely be more stuff to keep you busy.

kathrynm82
07-02-12, 07:08 PM
Thanks again everyone who has taken part in this online poll and also on my dragon story wall poll

The results so far are:

28 extremely unhappy
2 happy

Miguel_Gold05
07-02-12, 07:47 PM
Extremely unhappy

sunstorm01
07-02-12, 07:54 PM
#extreemly unhappy!!!!

mymummy789
07-03-12, 01:12 AM
333paddington has a pretty good idea of how new games work.

Dragon Story is still a young game, so there will be several adjustments and balances made to the game so we can accommodate both current and new players. Remember to take your time while playing the game. We are continuously adding new content, so there will definitely be more stuff to keep you busy.

"take your time". I look at all my Story games as a break from reality. I can sit down for half an hour with a cuppa and bake/serve up a batch of food, redesign my boutique, move my pets and zoo animals around. Expansions enabled INSTANT satisfaction as regards opportunities for redesigning. Even zoo and pet shop (when I had expansions available) gave you the ability to add several more animals/decorations.

With DS I am looking at waiting a month to be able to do anything about decoration/design because
1. It takes around a week to save up enough money to expand in the first place
2. Then have to wait a day (or 2 if unlucky enough to get a mouldy rock) before you can use the space
3. You can only move one habitat onto that space
4. You can't design anywhere else until all the habitats you want to move are out of the way because there is no storage option.

I am starting to wonder if a month's wait is not just a tad too long!!

mymummy789
07-03-12, 01:22 AM
I forgot to say that for the purposes of the poll I would say I was "unhappy"

babyblus
07-04-12, 05:02 AM
Extremely unhappy

2dimples
07-04-12, 05:25 AM
I to am EXTREMELY UNHAPPY with price increases!!!

pctrkts
07-05-12, 07:22 AM
extremely unhappy with expansion cost and time. Really? TWO DAYS to expand and then TWO MORE days to clear a stupid rock!!!!????? You've got to be kidding me!!!!

faithvilles
07-05-12, 05:44 PM
Very unhappy, especially with the expansion cost and also the limit on habitats.
why have a limit on anything, stupid

Masocata
07-07-12, 07:30 AM
extremely unhappy with expansion cost and time. Really? TWO DAYS to expand and then TWO MORE days to clear a stupid rock!!!!????? You've got to be kidding me!!!!

I am with you on this. I am so unhappy about the prices and waiting times. People I have spoken to are now moving over to DragonVale as they have way better pricing. And I find it totally stupid the waiting time and cost for food!

mcgee22
07-07-12, 07:50 AM
Very unhappy, especially with the expansion cost and also the limit on habitats.
why have a limit on anything, stupid

There was a limit on expansions on RS, BS, FS, Farm and eventually the expansions happened. I think that with some time more habitats should also happen here.

I am unhappy though because the food costs are insane vs the yield of crops. I'm not that bothered with expansions although playing other TL games who expand right then and there I can see where some ppl are frustrated.

I am more unhappy with the randomness of dragon breeding and with the breeding times of common dragons more than anything else.

My 2 main things that would make me happy would be to increase the yield of the crops, decrease common dragon breeding times (I do not mind waiting for rares and super rares), and lower the nest prices.

wendyslp
07-11-12, 02:23 PM
I play much less with all the crazy increases....takes the fun out of it.

wendyslp
07-11-12, 02:25 PM
So the answer would be extremely UnHapPy

sparks229
07-11-12, 03:50 PM
EXTREMELY UNHAPPY

And mad too:mad:

lotusthreads
07-11-12, 04:09 PM
Extremely unhappy

Jacknazty
07-11-12, 05:12 PM
Extremely Unhappy!
I've purchased gold three times, and now with the cost and time for expansion, and extra delays such as trees and boulders, I'm about to quit. It's "paying" customers like me that pay the designers, and if the "designed changes" drive me to quit, your essentially firing yourselves. Fix this or more gold buyers will quit.
Thanks!

Stiggykitty
07-12-12, 05:18 AM
I concur, It seems like team lava is making it insanely hard to progress i.e. you feel compelled to buy gold.

It seems like TL is doing the turn and churn method. Making your customer pay once, then pissing them off and never to be heard from again until the next sucker come along.

Lavendah42
07-16-12, 05:31 PM
I too am extremely unhappy. The price & time for expansions, then the cost & time for clearing the expansion take the fun out of the game. I also agree the nests are over-priced, halve the price for the second nest at least. It's extremely frustrating to have a 20hr (common!) egg filling your only nest when you get a 3hr breeding time. If you speed it up it makes it hard to save for that second nest. Second time around (lost phone, felt it was too difficult to recover old game so I am playing with a new ID) I am yet to need a third nest, and a fourth I feel is an absolute luxury (but then, if the crazy long breed times continue I will probably change my view on that) so I don't mind these being pricier though they still seem rediculous as they are. Instead of tempting to buy gold it makes me feel those things are unatainable without spending real money, and not worth the gold whether it's been paid for or accumulated. These sorts of tactics make me more resistant, not more likely, to buy gold.

And while I am griping, why is it so hard to recover a game? Why can't we just login with an ID and pick up where we left off.

The constant pop ups for the other Story games are also a big turn off, and almost made me quit. The popups stopped but the goal was still there and that was a perfect solution. However I am now back to not just getting a pop-up every time I turn the game on, but every 5mins or so I am getting a pop up for "Sanctuary Away" and the only way to get rid of it is to tap "get started", which takes me to the goal. A little x in the top to skip this would be nice, but even better just stop the constant pop up! All of these things make for an unpleasant experience and not keen to play any other Team Lava game. I don't care if there is gold on offer or not (which there isn't with this latest one), I have no interest in installing any of the other games

Kijame
07-17-12, 01:19 PM
Let's put it this way. Had I not know that these were actual changes, I might've lived a little happier. Knowing however that this is indeed new and that thus I'm among the handicapped new players, I am extremely unhappy, that is for sure.

I don't have much to add to what the other fellas were saying. It's a pity and a sin.

Luna_Septembee
07-18-12, 04:26 AM
I'm extremely unhappy. The expansion prices have gone way up, food amounts have been cut in half. Prices have all been going way up. TL is gonna lose players (including me) because of the crazy prices, which they have done to get more money, but they're not going to be able to keep it up for long because many gold buying players have quit.
I also feel it's very unfair to the newer players, who can never buy a second nest because they're now 500 gold and who have to deal with evolving to get to level 4.

dragonolic
07-19-12, 02:44 PM
Extremely unhappy

melnrs
07-20-12, 04:37 PM
#extremely unhappy Are you kidding it cost more to play this game then to take my entire family to disney world. Come on quit being so greedy or your gonna charge your way right out of business.

Some changes in the last month have been

1. Nest cost have gone up from 50 gold up to 250 gold
2. Expansion cost has also increased 5 fold
3. New players have to evolve their dragons at level 3 (Previous players do not need to)

Please post your reply
#extremely happy
#happy
#unsure
#unhappy
#extremely unhappy

Yahpets
07-21-12, 06:30 AM
#extremely unhappy

sukie43
07-25-12, 02:40 PM
Extremely unhappy - I deleted the game as there is no pleasure in playing it:

1) Expansions take too long
2) How does anybody save up for a 2nd nest, when a max of 3 gold gifts a day
3) All the stuff about installing other games - if I don't want to install it today, I won't want to install it tomorrow

chuckthespy
07-25-12, 03:24 PM
unhappy why do all the dragons cost a lot of gold it is not fair.

mattyboo1
07-25-12, 03:28 PM
unhappy why do all the dragons cost a lot of gold it is not fair.
Because you can breed every single one it is like that in another dragon game As well

joeyc0417
07-25-12, 03:40 PM
#unhappy

Doesn't really affect me. I already had 2 nests (when it was 25g). The only thing that is annoying is expanding. I used to pay 170,000... now I pay 1,350,000. I would have cleared all the expansions already if they didn't change the price.

Same with food. I liked it when it was 1,200 coins for 650 food in one hour (firapples). Yes, that was back when the game was released. I liked it that way :p Now I can't (and don't want to) plant firapples because it gives only 50 food, not even 100 like it did in June. I can plant 3 buffbeets and get 60 food. It's a ripoff.

For everyone who just started playing:

Nests were 25g, 50g and 75 or 100g.
Farms were 12,000 to upgrade
Impruberries and Buffbeets stayed the same.
Firapples were: 1,200 coins and gave 650 in one hour
Pumpwings: 5k coins and gave 450 in one hour
Eliteleeks: 8k coins and gave 650 in one hour
Scalypears: 13k coins and gave 1,400 in one hour
My expansions went from 170,000 to 950,000 overnight.
Red and Green habitats stayed the same
Yellow habitats were cheaper (not sure how much I believe it was about 25,000 for full upgrade).
Blue habitats were (somewhere between 4,500-8,500 for a small) and 45,000 for full upgrade.
Purple habitats were 8,000 (small) and 80,000 for fully upgraded (I believe).
Breeding only costed 5 coins. They then changed it to 20, and now 200.
Decor items stayed the same.
Familiar dragons originally were stated "common" but was later changed to "rare."

Alot has changed in 3 months.

bonjane77
07-27-12, 02:43 PM
I'm EXTREMELY UNHAPPY also. I'm not convinced that they even read these comments. They're making their money, but never again from me. I just can't get enthused about long drawn out wait times. I usually read reviews before installing any app. Why bother if there are so many negative comments. TL is wasting good time & could be making more $$ if they kept their customers happy! Stores that make sure their customers are even heard & pleasing them will get positive reviews, keep old customers & make many more. If they would only listen AND respond!

taybaywa
08-22-12, 12:25 PM
#unhappy I am still under level 20 and most things don't affect me but I cant afford to expand and I am running out of space

darkrandy
08-22-12, 03:55 PM
#extremely unhappy
Prices are just stupid
A game is supposed to be fun, this is just incredibly insane

Alsamaraie
08-30-12, 11:21 PM
I am extremley unhappy that the fact that i need to cleanse My foliage for 10x the price My friends has. It is extremley Unfair that everywhere i would like to expand i got ? weed Wood that costs me 50000 to cleanse and it costs others 5000

evangelina812
06-28-13, 05:55 AM
#extremely unhappy

kooky panda
06-28-13, 06:26 AM
This is an older thread.
Here (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?35576-Prices-for-clearing-foliage-expansions&p=671383&viewfull=1#post671383)is a more current thread on this topic.