PDA

View Full Version : Dragon keeping dilemma, your thoughts?

333paddington
07-01-12, 03:30 PM
I am at max habitats, 25 and can't decide what to keep and what to sell.

There are 28 dragons, not including diamond, and a max dragon count at 75.

I calculate the dragons at two each, with a little room to spare for new ones that will be introduced.

I don't know whether to keep two max dragons of each type or to keep a max and a half level, because they're so cute.

Money now is no object.

Lately, I've been having a run of mistmoths, mindvolts and serpents, which I found it very hard to get before. I really don't like selling the rares, but need to decide what and how many to keep.

What are you other dragon lovers keeping?

purplegem611
07-01-12, 04:27 PM
Are all your habitats the large ones? If not I would upgrade them.

ankalagon
07-01-12, 04:37 PM
Glad I don't have that problem yet... Since I can't breed rares I'm keepin 4 of each dragon, levels 1,4,7,10 .. each is a different animation. Shame on TL for still not increasing max habitats.

333paddington
07-01-12, 04:42 PM
Yes, all habitats are large, and full.

driftboutique
07-01-12, 04:46 PM
I haven't sold any rares yet. I'm trying to figure out where to draw the line there. I keep trying for forestfire and getting wild instead. I think I have 6 or 7 wilds -- enough that I have been selling off common dragons to make space.

For now I'm only maxing one dragon per species, because I still like having the lower-level dragons for breeding purposes. (I know there's no evidence either way that level is a factor, but I like to keep my options open :))

Anyway, I'm trying to achieve every dragon (still no forestfire, wizard, or diamond in either of my 2 games) and stockpiling rates in the meantime, but I still don't know how I will allocate my habitats down the road and am curious to hear what others are doing.

333paddington
07-01-12, 07:31 PM
Thanks drift

MommaLouKC
07-01-12, 08:21 PM
My plan eventually is to have all habitats maxed on dragons and when I get a super rare then sell some one off. Sounds cruel sorry. Also I'm a patient player so I only get to play 2 - 4 time per day so each habitat is $$$ maxed.

sunstorm01
07-01-12, 08:27 PM
I've got at least one of everything- except tricky trickster. Ive got a epic and baby of each- this way when I hatch a baby I sell off the baby in the habitat and then place my new baby in it- cause I've just hatched about ten genie dragons in the last week or so, they give about 850 xp per baby when placed.

333paddington
07-01-12, 08:32 PM
What do you think, sunstorm, you'll keep in the end. Is it the one of each epic always, and just have room for another 47 new ones? Two of each is 56, excluding diamond, leaves 19 spaces.

333paddington
07-01-12, 08:33 PM
I hate selling off the super rares.

saintlover
07-01-12, 09:47 PM
I keep one of each that I have and sell off the ones that dont have a high coin yield. Its all about the coins.