PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 or Samsung Galaxy SIII?

sourlicorice2
07-01-12, 09:40 AM
I have an iPhone 4 right now but thinking of getting a Galaxy SIII at the end of this month.

Just wanted to do a pole on which one you like better to help me decide whether to get it or not. Playing the story games on either is not a factor and doesn't matter as I play them on my iPad.

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 04:41 AM
I guess no one has a galaxy SIII. if anybody does and can tell me what they think of it that would be appreciated. I've read stuff about it but want an opinion from someone who actually has one.

rockstar335
07-02-12, 08:14 AM
My husband has the SII and loves it. Before it he had iphone 4. He likes galaxy better. I know ur asking about SIII but just thought this may help.

hhuqjaj
07-02-12, 08:16 AM
Hi!iPhone 5 in future!

hhuqjaj
07-02-12, 08:17 AM
I have an iPhone 4 right now but thinking of getting a Galaxy SIII at the end of this month.

Just wanted to do a pole on which one you like better to help me decide whether to get it or not. Playing the story games on either is not a factor and doesn't matter as I play them on my iPad.
I have a IPad1,and Smartphone S2.iPhone 4S is good!

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 08:26 AM
My husband has the SII and loves it. Before it he had iphone 4. He likes galaxy better. I know ur asking about SIII but just thought this may help.

thx that does help. :-)

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 08:28 AM
I have a IPad1,and Smartphone S2.iPhone 4S is good!

iPhone 4 and IPhone 4S there's not much difference between. My dad has one and besides a slightly better camera and a few different features upgrading to a 4S from a 4 is pointless only cause there's not much difference between the two to make it worthwhile.

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 08:31 AM
Hi!iPhone 5 in future!

not interested in an iPhone 5 but thx :-)

nmishii
07-02-12, 10:14 AM
I have a Galaxy S and love it. I was in my phone carrier's store a couple of weeks ago and the Galaxy S III hadn't arrived yet, but the tech said it was awesome. But he's supposed to say that. So I don't know much about it other that from what's on the internet. I have not used an iPhone. I did not respond the first time I saw your thread because my post would be worthless.

bobbyrae
07-02-12, 10:35 AM
I have a Galaxy S and love it. I was in my phone carrier's store a couple of weeks ago and the Galaxy S III hadn't arrived yet, but the tech said it was awesome. But he's supposed to say that. So I don't know much about it other that from what's on the internet. I have not used an iPhone. I did not respond the first time I saw your thread because my post would be worthless.
And completely biased too! :p

I'm thinking of ditching my blackberry (yes yes...the horror of STILL having a blackberry...i know i know). It's been giving me no end of trouble recently so i do need a new phone. Went to look at the iphone and the galaxy sIII and still can't decide between the two or getting another blackberry.:rolleyes:

pinkster73
07-02-12, 10:52 AM
Galaxy nexus is the best. Or any android.

bobbyrae
07-02-12, 11:17 AM
Galaxy nexus is the best. Or any android.
Is that the one you just got? Even better than the sIII?

Can i ask android players to tell us what it is about the particular android phone that you have that you like over and above the iphone?

nmishii
07-02-12, 12:00 PM
I have not used an iPhone. When they first came out AT&T was the only carrier who sold them, and I didn't want to switch. Also, it didn't have a keyboard. Since I got my Samsung Epic (Galaxy S) my carrier now sells iPhones, as do others, but I like my phone. It has a keyboard, which is preventing me from upgrading to another phone.

I like the display -- colors are more vivid and sharp. Just don't pick up the phone by the charging cord -- the phone can drop to the floor and crack the display :(

pinkster73
07-02-12, 12:04 PM
Is that the one you just got? Even better than the sIII?

Can i ask android players to tell us what it is about the particular android phone that you have that you like over and above the iphone?

That is the one i just got. I don't know if it's better then a slll. I liked it because it has the biggest screen and has the ics os.

pinkster73
07-02-12, 12:05 PM
Oh and i can't tell you why i like android better then the iphone, since I've never had an iPhone.

bobbyrae
07-02-12, 12:12 PM
I like the display -- colors are more vivid and sharp. Just don't pick up the phone by the charging cord -- the phone can drop to the floor and crack the display :(

The display is amazing on the samsung androids. Hmmmm....never thought of the glass cracking. :-o
I do tend to drop phones sometimes....would definitely have to get a really hard case. :p

Pinkster, that larger screen size does make it nice...

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 04:06 PM

it's not worthless lol. You have a galaxy so that helps a bit cause if you like that one than chances are the III will be good to.

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 04:09 PM
I have not used an iPhone. When they first came out AT&T was the only carrier who sold them, and I didn't want to switch. Also, it didn't have a keyboard. Since I got my Samsung Epic (Galaxy S) my carrier now sells iPhones, as do others, but I like my phone. It has a keyboard, which is preventing me from upgrading to another phone.

the III is supposed to more scratch resistant from what I've read. I don't pick up my phone from the cord anyways lol. I also heard the images were supposed to be sharper. I want to get a new phone before I go back to Canada for good which may be April 2013. I'm not going to be able to afford gadgets whenever I feel like buying them when I go back lol.

sourlicorice2
07-02-12, 04:10 PM
That is the one i just got. I don't know if it's better then a slll. I liked it because it has the biggest screen and has the ics os.

SIIi screen is bigger than an iPhones screen.

lylahmae
07-02-12, 06:10 PM
I have an android because I don't like apple, it annoys my brother, and android was the os on the heavy duty waterproof phone that can withstand my work environment and also I tend to drop it quite a bit.... you should see people's faces when I drop it they look like I dropped a baby or something. But slot of kids at work have phones with cracked screens so I am glad I got what I did. I guess my only advice is which ever one you get make sure to buy the insurance!

camel_power
07-02-12, 08:05 PM
It won't be for sale much longer. It looks like Apple is taking that to court for patent issues/

nmishii
07-02-12, 08:21 PM
I have an android because I don't like apple, it annoys my brother, and android was the os on the heavy duty waterproof phone that can withstand my work environment and also I tend to drop it quite a bit.... you should see people's faces when I drop it they look like I dropped a baby or something. But slot of kids at work have phones with cracked screens so I am glad I got what I did. I guess my only advice is which ever one you get make sure to buy the insurance!

Well, I dropped my Android and broke it. But I've dropped it a lot and its been okay. I have insurance and when I took my phone in to Best Buy to get it replaced earlier this year, the list of insurance rates showed what I was paying and one that was 50% higher. I asked what the difference was, and was told the higher rate was for iPhones (which they recently started selling). She said iPhones break more often, and are less likely to survive being dropped. I'm not sure, but I think you can only get a replacement for an iPhone once, where I can break mine as much as I want.

pinkster73
07-02-12, 08:42 PM
My htc desire went for a swim in the toilet and survived. Just a minor loss of some of my stuff due to a factory reset that i didn't back up for first. Silly me, not backing up everything before throwing my phone in the toilet.

bigbux3
07-02-12, 09:04 PM
I have a question. Can TeamLava games be downloaded on the HTC Rhyme? Can they be downloaded free?

nmishii
07-02-12, 09:09 PM
I have a question. Can TeamLava games be downloaded on the HTC Rhyme? Can they be downloaded free?

The answer to your second question is yes, TL games can be downloaded free.

I don't know the answer to the first question. I looked up the HTC Rhyme, and it has a faster CPU and more RAM than my phone, and is newer. Other HTCs are compatible, so it should be okay. But there's always a chance that for whatever reason, that phone won't work with TL games.

bigbux3
07-02-12, 10:04 PM
The answer to your second question is yes, TL games can be downloaded free.

I don't know the answer to the first question. I looked up the HTC Rhyme, and it has a faster CPU and more RAM than my phone, and is newer. Other HTCs are compatible, so it should be okay. But there's always a chance that for whatever reason, that phone won't work with TL games.

Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a new phone, but I know the Rhyme is only in pink and I'll need a case. Alternatively, I could get a Droid but this one has the keyboard...

bobbyrae
07-02-12, 10:12 PM
Well, I dropped my Android and broke it. But I've dropped it a lot and its been okay. I'm not sure, but I think you can only get a replacement for an iPhone once, where I can break mine as much as I want.

My htc desire went for a swim in the toilet and survived. Just a minor loss of some of my stuff due to a factory reset that i didn't back up for first. Silly me, not backing up everything before throwing my phone in the toilet.

Ermmmm...folks...breaking the phone and throwing the poor thing into the toilet...i don't think that was the use envisioned by the manufacturer?
It's like you two are operating torture farms!!:p

pinkster73
07-02-12, 10:19 PM
Thanks. I'm thinking about getting a new phone, but I know the Rhyme is only in pink and I'll need a case. Alternatively, I could get a Droid but this one has the keyboard...

My last one had a keyboard and i never ever used it.
And did you say it only comes in PINK?!?!!

pinkster73
07-02-12, 10:19 PM
That's obviously supposed to be in pink.

nmishii
07-02-12, 10:27 PM
Ermmmm...folks...breaking the phone and throwing the poor thing into the toilet...i don't think that was the use envisioned by the manufacturer?
It's like you two are operating torture farms!!:p

Its not our fault!!! We're not operating torture farms ... its the Android operating system that's doing it to our phones!!! :p

bigbux3
07-02-12, 10:27 PM
My last one had a keyboard and i never ever used it.
And did you say it only comes in PINK?!?!!

Yes, by Verizon. It's the only color too. But the Droid with the keyboard has a touch screen, but it's kinda too small for me. Eh. That's why I think I should stick to Apple iOS.

nmishii
07-02-12, 10:30 PM
Yes, by Verizon. It's the only color too. But the Droid with the keyboard has a touch screen, but it's kinda too small for me. Eh. That's why I think I should stick to Apple iOS.

I think you should go with the pink phone. You don't need a case. Android phones don't break as easily as iphones :p

bigbux3
07-02-12, 10:34 PM
I think you should go with the pink phone. You don't need a case. Android phones don't break as easily as iphones :p

But me being the manly man I am... having a pink phone :confused::rolleyes::eek:

pinkster73
07-02-12, 10:53 PM
But me being the manly man I am... having a pink phone :confused::rolleyes::eek:

As much as i like pink, don't do it.

sourlicorice2
07-03-12, 04:32 AM

There isn't insurance for phones here and I don't have to get a phone through a phone company. they just sell phones here and then you decide what company to go with and you can change providers anytime you want no extra charge.

bobbyrae
07-03-12, 06:12 AM
Its not our fault!!! We're not operating torture farms ... its the Android operating system that's doing it to our phones!!! :p
Well yes, of course, now I get it. I totally forgot about the power of the operating system.

Operating system...still cannot believe he gave that answer. Smh.

kattybell
07-03-12, 06:13 AM
There isn't insurance for phones here and I don't have to get a phone through a phone company. they just sell phones here and then you decide what company to go with and you can change providers anytime you want no extra charge.

I like that option.

sourlicorice2
07-03-12, 09:44 AM
I like that option.

so do I. I have a companies (AIS it's called) sim card in my phone. I just buy a prepaid phone card from that company, scratch the number off the back and type it into my phone to put money on it. when it runs out I simply refill it. you can get one where they send u a bill and you pay at the end of the month but it too much hassle. if you're a foreigner you have to bring in a copy of your work permit, fill out forms etc. prepaid you just buy the sim card at any phone shop that sells phones, put it into your phone, buy a phone card from that company and put it on your phone and your done. no waiting in line for anybody.

sourlicorice2
07-03-12, 09:45 AM
so do I. I have a companies (AIS it's called) sim card in my phone. I just buy a prepaid phone card from that company, scratch the number off the back and type it into my phone to put money on it. when it runs out I simply refill it. you can get one where they send u a bill and you pay at the end of the month but it too much hassle. if you're a foreigner you have to bring in a copy of your work permit, fill out forms etc. prepaid you just buy the sim card at any phone shop that sells phones, put it into your phone, buy a phone card from that company and put it on your phone and your done. no waiting in line for anybody.

the prepaid phone card you can buy from any shop, even the Seven Eleven (convienance store).

pinkster73
07-03-12, 10:04 AM
Wow sourlicorice, awesome freedom. I don't even want to say what i had to pay to get this phone before my other contract was up.

sourlicorice2
07-03-12, 10:21 AM
Wow sourlicorice, awesome freedom. I don't even want to say what i had to pay to get this phone before my other contract was up.

I'll find out most likely when I go back to Canada for good which will be April 2013 or April 2014. will know for sure in October. My parents are going to go back so when they go I'll go. I don't fancy staying in Thailand with no family here. Sadly when I go I'll have to quit the games until I can sort out Internet connection back home. and since I won't have a job when I get back I won't be getting Internet connection for a while when I get back. there's no telling how long I'll be without Internet.

I'm sure I'll miss the easy, no fuss mobile phone service here. I am not looking forward to Canada's way of providing mobile phone service.

copycats
07-03-12, 03:07 PM
iPhone 4

camel_power
07-03-12, 11:02 PM
Sourlicorice, buy it quickly before it gets banned! Judge Lucy Koh declined the request to lift the ban for the Galaxy Nexus, but Apple isn't finished.

bigbux3
07-03-12, 11:17 PM
The iPhone 5 is expected to do much more. No one knows what though... not even me. iOS 6 isn't the biggest Apple update at all though, but I would say iOS. Please don't hurt me Android users.

camel_power
07-03-12, 11:23 PM
The iPhone 5 is expected to do much more. No one knows what though... not even me. iOS 6 isn't the biggest Apple update at all though, but I would say iOS. Please don't hurt me Android users.

The iPhone 5 will have a larger display than the other phones, and the back will be slightly curved.

bigbux3
07-03-12, 11:31 PM
The iPhone 5 will have a larger display than the other phones, and the back will be slightly curved.

Really? I heard it could have a larger display and I also heard that Apple is having problems getting companies to make the resolutions and displays larger to fit the iPhone screen. I also heard that this could be a big problem because of the users with the default screen at the regular size... so I dunno if it'll be bigger. I guess we'll wait and see.
So they're going back to the iPhone 3g?

edie62
07-03-12, 11:34 PM
Hi there I had the Galaxy S2 and loved it, now I have the Galaxy S 3 and Im loving that more! Im 50 and love my gadgets. I have a bakery and fashion story both on my S3 and my Galaxy tablet and have a lot of fun :-) A lot of people in New Zealand prefer the Galaxy and I looked into both very well before I brought anything. Good luck Hun :-)

kevvystinks
07-04-12, 03:49 AM
yes all Teamlava games can be downloaded on the HTC Rhyme and are free.my daughter has this phone and plays farm story as well as others.

kevvystinks
07-04-12, 03:54 AM
yes all teamlava games work on the HTC rhyme and are free,my daughter has this phone and plays various teamlava games

pinkster73
07-04-12, 08:44 AM
Sourlicorice, buy it quickly before it gets banned! Judge Lucy Koh declined the request to lift the ban for the Galaxy Nexus, but Apple isn't finished.

What? What ban on galaxy nexus? Is this an american thing?

sourlicorice2
07-04-12, 09:16 AM

gets banned? why would it get banned? and I have never heard of Judge Lucy Koh. Sorry I have no idea what you are talking about.

sourlicorice2
07-04-12, 09:17 AM
I'm going to get it but not till the end of the month.

sourlicorice2
07-08-12, 08:54 AM
Got the Galaxy yesterday (my mom loaned me the money so I wouldn't have to wait. moms are the best). it is soooo much better than the iPhone 4. it downloads apps 100 times faster than my iPhone does, it's brighter, takes better pictures and to make this short everything on it is better than an iPhone 4. Sooo glad I got it.

pinkster73
07-08-12, 09:48 AM
Got the Galaxy yesterday (my mom loaned me the money so I wouldn't have to wait. moms are the best). it is soooo much better than the iPhone 4. it downloads apps 100 times faster than my iPhone does, it's brighter, takes better pictures and to make this short everything on it is better than an iPhone 4. Sooo glad I got it.

Yeah! You didn't drink the kool aid! Is it running ics?

sourlicorice2
07-08-12, 11:06 AM
Yeah! You didn't drink the kool aid! Is it running ics?

I didn't drink the kook aid? lol sry don't get it. ics? what's that? sry haven't worked out everything on the phone yet and I'm not much for knowing technical terms lol.

pinkster73
07-08-12, 11:10 AM
I didn't drink the kook aid? lol sry don't get it. ics? what's that? sry haven't worked out everything on the phone yet and I'm not much for knowing technical terms lol.

People who buy apple just because everyone else does - drinks the kool aid
Ics - ice cream sandwich, the operating system
Android phones have dessert names as their operating system names because we're super cool.

sourlicorice2
07-08-12, 03:48 PM
Android phones have dessert names as their operating system names because we're super cool.

lol got it. I think it's gingerbread.

sourlicorice2
07-08-12, 03:49 PM
lol got it. I think it's gingerbread.

but not sure. I'll have to get back to ya about that.

mattyboo1
07-08-12, 04:10 PM
I have an iPod

mattyboo1
07-08-12, 04:11 PM
But I do think the iPhone 4 is way better than any android phone

pinkster73
07-08-12, 06:07 PM

The Galaxy Nexus is said to be comparable to the iphone5. So there.

Enjoy your kool aid. :p

bigbux3
07-08-12, 06:11 PM
The Galaxy Nexus is said to be comparable to the iphone5. So there.

Enjoy your kool aid. :p

Well I will enjoy my kool aid, do you want any? The iPhone 5 isn't even out yet and won't be out until the Fall. Those are just rumors and thoughts that tech geeks want Apple to make the phone like, the real product may not look anything like the predicted pictures.

RealFarmer1222
07-08-12, 06:19 PM
Cell phones will be the downfall of Western Civilization....that's why I have a Kindle Fire!

pinkster73
07-08-12, 08:40 PM
Cell phones will be the downfall of Western Civilization....that's why I have a Kindle Fire!

I was going to get me a kindle fire last Christmas but after doing some research alot of the apps and such won't stream or load outside of the US. Yet.

sourlicorice2
07-09-12, 04:32 AM

I disagree myself. after having an iPhone 4 for a while and now having a Galaxy SIII (android), I can honestly say it is 200% better than iPhone. picture is brighter, camera is better and has a 4X zoom. plus Internet is way faster than my iPhone ever was (same Internet package so it was the phone not the service). but that's only my own opinion. that being said I'd never give up my ipad2 for any other tablet.

sourlicorice2
07-09-12, 04:36 AM

I have no idea how to find out if it's Ics or gingerbread so have no idea which one.

pinkster73
07-09-12, 08:06 AM
I have no idea how to find out if it's Ics or gingerbread so have no idea which one.

Go into settings, then "about phone", your version number is the ios.

sourlicorice2
07-09-12, 08:27 AM
Go into settings, then "about phone", your version number is the ios.

went into settings but it didn't have about phone just about device and didn't say anywhere in there whether its Ics or gingerbread. Just a bunch of numbers lol

greygull
07-09-12, 08:33 AM
went into settings but it didn't have about phone just about device and didn't say anywhere in there whether its Ics or gingerbread. Just a bunch of numbers lol

What were the numbers? You would need to look under Android Version, not any of the other ones. If it starts with a 3, it's gingerbread. If it starts with a 4, it's ICS. Mine just upgraded, it's now 4.0.4 :)

pinkster73
07-09-12, 08:35 AM
What were the numbers? You would need to look under Android Version, not any of the other ones. If it starts with a 3, it's gingerbread. If it starts with a 4, it's ICS. Mine just upgraded, it's now 4.0.4 :)

That means you can take screenshots!

Sourlicorice, tell us the numbers.

greygull
07-09-12, 08:40 AM
That means you can take screenshots!

Now I just have to Google the way to do it for my phone lol

pinkster73
07-09-12, 10:24 AM
Now I just have to Google the way to do it for my phone lol

It's exactly the same as ios. Power button and volume button at the same time.

You don't need google, you have pinkoogle.

bobbyrae
07-09-12, 10:36 AM
It's exactly the same as ios. Power button and volume button at the same time.

You don't need google, you have pinkoogle.
I think you mean pinkle (http://www.pinkle.net/)?
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x380/annjohnbobbyrae/a2a5823a.jpg

pinkster73
07-09-12, 12:18 PM
Omg is that real?

bobbyrae
07-09-12, 12:53 PM
Omg is that real?

Quite real. :)

RealFarmer1222
07-09-12, 02:01 PM
Sue 'em, pinkster!

SUE' EM!!!!

sourlicorice2
07-09-12, 04:05 PM

thanks kooky. mines an ICS then as it said 4.0.4.

pinkster73
07-09-12, 04:14 PM

Ha ha That's greygull.

pinkster73
07-09-12, 04:15 PM
Sue 'em, pinkster!

SUE' EM!!!!

I would, but I'm not ™

sourlicorice2
07-09-12, 04:21 PM

oops thanks greygull. lol sry just woke up :p

pinkster73
07-09-12, 04:23 PM

So when you're referring to your operating system you have to say ics, not ice cream sandwich. That's what all the cool kids are doing.

greygull
07-09-12, 05:40 PM

No problem :) Glad I could help! And congrats again on your new phone! Hope you enjoy it!