PDA

View Full Version : A couple of beginner gifting questions

lobotomobile
06-25-12, 01:44 PM
I just started playing Farm Story yesterday, Bakery is normally my game and I have read the beginner thread but I have a few questions about gifts.
What is the best thing to send if Im not sure what my neighbors need? Trees? Dog Bowls? Parts? I havent seen a lot of livestock when Im out watering, are they just not profitable? There dont seem to be as many constructables in this game but that could just be my level, are parts always welcome?

Should I be spending my gold on trees and livestock or saving for expansions?

Ive also downloaded Pet Shop so I have the same questions for that game ;-) so if you have any tips for over there.......

RoseMeyer
06-25-12, 02:48 PM
I just started playing Farm Story yesterday, Bakery is normally my game and I have read the beginner thread but I have a few questions about gifts.
What is the best thing to send if Im not sure what my neighbors need? Trees? Dog Bowls? Parts? I havent seen a lot of livestock when Im out watering, are they just not profitable? There dont seem to be as many constructables in this game but that could just be my level, are parts always welcome?

Should I be spending my gold on trees and livestock or saving for expansions?

Ive also downloaded Pet Shop so I have the same questions for that game ;-) so if you have any tips for over there.......

dog bowls.

:)

cept if somebody sents you a wooden crate, then youa re free to send chickens (brownies) :)

lylahmae
06-25-12, 02:57 PM
dog bowls.

cept if somebody sents you a wooden crate, then youa re free to send chickens (brownies) :)

People also like parts to build tool sheds as they are worth 1100 xp. Animals and trees not so much unless they are new. And welcome mats are useless so don't send or accept them... unless someone makes you mad then send them only welcome mats.;-)

333paddington
06-25-12, 03:21 PM
Dog bowls sell for $400 each, so you can then buy your own trees and chickens.

kahlan531
06-25-12, 03:23 PM
...and if you see a farm that consistently has one or more unfinished tool sheds, then that neighbor really appreciates receiving roof shingles, wiring, tiles and wooden boards. :)

bbieprnc
06-25-12, 05:10 PM
Yeah, but the best is to ask neighbors what they want - some keep a post on their wall, so it is easy to gift the right item. BTW, yeah, if someone sends you a chicken, welcome mat or a tree, send them the same thing back - LOL, all are not very valuable items. The mat is actually worthless. Enjoy the game.

jtm101
06-25-12, 06:23 PM
If a nbr sends me chickens, cows or trees i just delete them, after a warning of course ;-)

bobbyrae
06-25-12, 06:43 PM
dog bowls.

Unless that neighbour is viviansmo who actually wants wooden crates, bless her soul.

WendingWanderer
06-25-12, 09:52 PM
Save your coins for expansions - power plant everything in sight. Animals, trees, buildings all are better later in the game when you've reached maximum expansion. Fruit is best to plant in the beginning - gives the most return for the investment. Usually (not always) you'll get more coins per hour from the shorter time crops (1-5 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 3, 4, 6 hour growing time) than from long time crops (1-4 days).

From level 1 to about level 40, and after level 75, most people prefer dog bowls. (At levels 1 to 40, you earn enough coins to buy land at about the same rate as you earn experience points that allow you to spend those coins on land.)

From about level 40 to 75, you can't earn experience points fast enough to keep up with your coins, so most people start building tool sheds. They usually want parts.

Dog bowls sell for $400 apiece. Chickens, sheep and apple trees cost less than that, so it's best to turn down chicken, sheep and apple trees, sell dog bowls and buy chickens, sheep and apple trees.

Cows, plum trees and orange trees cost more than $400 each, so it's best to accept them as gifts if you want them.

After you've reached your maximum expansion (24X24), then bring out the trees, livestock, buildings, etc and design your ideal farm. Look at other people's farms and see what you like until that time.