PDA

View Full Version : Same Name

rosemma
06-25-12, 07:54 AM
TL...Is there anyway you can put an alert on the system to say "that name is already taken" when someone tries to join one of your games and use the same name as you?? It is really annoying to see players with the same name over and over again, especially when you see yours or someone you know with that name too that you thought was unique when you created it. Thanks!;)

ShortyKianna
06-25-12, 09:27 AM
I agree! There's at least 3 other players out there with the same exact island name as me, and I've been playing since dragon story was released. I dislike it when I see a wall post on my neighbors walls by these same island name players cause I don't want my neighbors to get confused and think it was me. Wish I could change my name without having to pay.

rosemma
06-25-12, 02:34 PM
I agree! There's at least 3 other players out there with the same exact island name as me, and I've been playing since dragon story was released. I dislike it when I see a wall post on my neighbors walls by these same island name players cause I don't want my neighbors to get confused and think it was me. Wish I could change my name without having to pay.

Thanks for replying! And, YOU shouldn't be the one that has to change your name; it should be the others that started after. They should fix that anyway, and I really hope they do! :-)

ShortyKianna
06-25-12, 07:51 PM
It would b nice. Cause I always get some neighbors that post on my wall saying they gifted me gold and for me to gift back but I never see the gold they so called gifted so I'm assuming the "others" same name as me are getting it and the gifter is getting confused. I only gift to those that gift me, and apologize for the confusion to anyone out there who may be my neighbor and are assuming they are gifting me. If you don't get nothing from me chances are I never got anything from you. Good way to see who is who with same name neighbors is IF they are at different levels. I got 5 neighbors with the same EXACT name but all are different levels, so that's how I can differentiate each other. Wish I had put special symbols like emoji on my island name...

Zetra
06-29-12, 02:30 AM
But if that so,then the names new guys choose must to be taking very much tries,I understand the feeling as I have four same name neighbor bakery in Bakery Story,Known as Sweet Treat"s".

Limaxa
06-29-12, 04:36 AM
Well.. if many other players have your name, then you are obviously not very creative :) For example Fashion Story.. There are more than hundred chanels .. I never add players with such names

PattyZhangp
06-29-12, 05:50 AM
I have 4 neighbors with the same name...the only way I figure out who's who is by their levels! It gets confusing at gifting time because I can't tell which one gifted me!

ShortyKianna
06-29-12, 08:35 PM
Well I know when I picked my name I wasn't going for creativity, just pucked a plain old name with not much thought cause I figured that there would only be one of that kind and that they a) wouldn't let me pick an already used name or b) vice versa (wouldn't let another player pick my name). Had I know believe me I wouldn't have picked it.

rosemma
07-03-12, 02:06 PM
And I wasn't actually saying that someone had MY island name in particular; just that I have seen sooooo many of the same island names out there that it's kind of hard to keep track. So, I agree with you Shorty! :-)

sunstorm01
07-03-12, 02:22 PM
Well.. if many other players have your name, then you are obviously not very creative :) For example Fashion Story.. There are more than hundred chanels .. I never add players with such names

Omg.. Please don't add me- my name starts with an "R" and there's lots of them.

lollyloo123
07-04-12, 01:47 AM
Do what ive done - if youre on iDevice just download a text app that lets you change your font, and add emoticons to it - check out my name its unique to look at, yet others with the same name just look normal. And because theres that many fonts you can use either way if the other player uses the fonts yours still looks different if you get me?

evefaxton
07-12-12, 12:29 PM

squilibob
07-12-12, 02:28 PM
Do what ive done - if youre on iDevice just download a text app that lets you change your font, and add emoticons to it - check out my name its unique to look at, yet others with the same name just look normal. And because theres that many fonts you can use either way if the other player uses the fonts yours still looks different if you get me?
iOS does come with emoji as a default keyboard that you can add in settings. You don't actually have to download anything.

silverwind7
07-12-12, 02:36 PM
Haha well I wouldn't have this problem because I use a very uncommon username for all my TL games :D but it is kind of confusing when I have like 6 neighbors in DS with the name Fire Island -____- and 3 'Mystic Falls' and 'Dragon Island'...